The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 66 (Touring Cars) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 97 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Vodafone Nissan Racing GT-R GT3

Inspired by my absolute favourite car from the BTCC grid of the late 90's, the Vodafone Nissan Primera GT - as driven by Anthony Reid, David Leslie, Laurent Aiello, and Tiff Needell. I decided to go full "if you ain't rubbin', you ain't racin'" for my entry after falling deep into binge watching old BTCC clips and ToCA 2 gameplays on YouTube.

This livery has many of my firsts; first time making a damaged and dirty look, first time tracing my own bitmaps, and my first time ever of uploading said custom decals. Took a lot of trial and error, but forgive me if you spot some rough edges. :lol:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Decided to gor for it anyway.
Not my best work,but hey...

Based on this :

https://utilities.walkinshawgroup.com/images/press/mobil1hsvracing/2017/Sandown-Day3-md.jpg

An Australian supercar livery on an European manufacturer,first i was thinking to adapt the sponsors to European/French ones,but left it so original possible

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
4836946346295428612_0.jpg

4827939137915978252_0.jpg

4828502087934412292_0.jpg
4684391309179355652_0.jpg

Based off a BTCC Subaru Levorg I somehow found.​

Such a tough round this one, not only due to the number of options that I was toying with, but (as it seems with quite a few people) a first time of making a dirty car! (Hope it's ticked that box). There's some terrific entries in here so far, so was always going to be a challenge!

I dug deep into my memories of TOCA 2 and was reacquainted with my love for the Nescafé Blend 37 Renault Laguna, driven by Alain Menu and Jason Plato. The Renault R.S.01 isn't the easiest car to interpret this livery on, due to the shape being vastly different, but I gave it a good go. Had to get the obligatory Pit Stop fluro stripe in there as well.

lf16_r114_001_17.jpg

Such a tough round this one, not only due to the number of options that I was toying with, but (as it seems with quite a few people) a first time of making a dirty car! (Hope it's ticked that box). There's some terrific entries in here so far, so was always going to be a challenge!

I dug deep into my memories of TOCA 2 and was reacquainted with my love for the Nescafé Blend 37 Renault Laguna, driven by Alain Menu and Jason Plato. The Renault R.S.01 isn't the easiest car to interpret this livery on, due to the shape being vastly different, but I gave it a good go. Had to get the obligatory Pit Stop fluro stripe in there as well.

lf16_r114_001_17.jpg

those memories.... :drool: You did a really nice job!

My friend @Boboch is trying to register to GT Planet.

I've convinced him to come and participate to the LEC! :)

This was one of my very first plans with the yellow and blue Laguna I already did on the "curse LEC"...

Great job @lauriebeamont ! I love it!
Please share it!

Last edited:
My friend @Boboch is trying to register to GT Planet.
He doesn't have the confirmation mail...

He'll try again (he's on his phone, could it be the issue?) but if he doesn't manage to register I'll post his entry...

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Made a car that went to (green) hell and back. The livery is not "litteraly translated" from the original design, but made a few tweaks to make it work with the body of the M6. The biggest challenge was to stay within the 300 decals here. The livery itself took arount 180 decals, the remaining 120 decals are dead flies, dust, raindrops, mud and whatever disgusting stuff a car picks up when surviving the Nordschleife.

After the race, the car drove straight to the village of Welschenbach, were they were doing a Tictac-car meet.
There he met his ancestor, the original BMW E30 M3 driven by the legendary RealJaysee in the E30 cup hosted by Half The Race Gone.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Made a car that went to (green) hell and back. The livery is not "litteraly translated" from the original design, but made a few tweaks to make it work with the body of the M6. The biggest challenge was to stay within the 300 decals here. The livery itself took arount 180 decals, the remaining 120 decals are dead flies, dust, raindrops, mud and whatever disgusting stuff a car picks up when surviving the Nordschleife.

After the race, the car drove straight to the village of Welschenbach, were they were doing a Tictac-car meet.
There he met his ancestor, the original BMW E30 M3 driven by the legendary RealJaysee in the E30 cup hosted by Half The Race Gone.

I see we have similar taste. Lol

FINAL ENTRY

Here is my tribute to the 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 DTM Martini. I always wanted to do this livery, thanks to @AngryKowski for his theme

Clean version : https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/5413410321510467097
Weathered version : https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/5269295139812050457

I think this challenge is finished. I'm more than happy with the results. You guys did a cracking job! Wish I could have joined the party, because there are still so many possible liveries to do. I'm curious who will win this time. It will be hard to choose. Good luck! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back