The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 76 (New F1) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 41 comments

Updated my original post with the final pics.

I have always been a huge fan of Brabham, the team, and Brabham, the driver. My design is something like a tribute to their winning days in the 80s, when Brabham BMW was a top team. The number plate references the 1983 season and is heavily inspired on the gorgeous Brabham typography from that era.

For sponsors, besides obvious BMW, Brabham Automotive and Parmalat decals, I have chosen mainly tech companies, since this is a trend in the current F1 grid.

FINAL ENTRY
House of Kolor
View attachment 1075815

View attachment 1075816

Bonus Images:

View attachment 1075817View attachment 1075818

Original Livery Link:

I WAS going to enter THIS livery, but I had a rare moment of clarity and common sense 🤣

Would anybody else be in favor of having a regular schedule for livery editor, and photo competitions?
Maybe one of them could start on the 1st, and 15th of each month, and the other could be on the 10th, and 25th.

6 weeks in between competitions is obviously turning people off. The number of participants here, and in the photo mode have shrunk greatly. I know that for some people, it's because how long each of them is taking. When a competition isn't actually ended, and a poll doesn't go up until a few weeks after the posted deadline, it's kind of a joke.

If the person running the competitions, no longer has the time, and or the desire to run them on a structured schedule, they should ask for help from somebody. Maybe get a partner who could share the duties.
I say that for the good of the competitions. I understand people have busy lives. I have no problem with that. But, please get help with it, before this thing just dies off.

I don't mean to insult those in charge. It's just business. And, right now the business is not doing well.

Last edited:
Would anybody else be in favor of having a regular schedule for livery editor, and photo competitions?
Maybe one of them could start on the 1st, and 15th of each month, and the other could be on the 10th, and 25th.

6 weeks in between competitions is obviously turning people off. The number of participants here, and in the photo mode have shrunk greatly. I know that for some people, it's because how long each of them is taking. When a competition isn't actually ended, and a poll doesn't go up until a few weeks after the posted deadline, it's kind of a joke.

If the person running the competitions, no longer has the time, and or the desire to run them on a structured schedule, they should ask for help from somebody. Maybe get a partner who could share the duties.
I say that for the good of the competitions. I understand people have busy lives. I have no problem with that. But, please get help with it, before this thing just dies off.

I don't mean to insult those in charge. It's just business. And, right now the business is not doing well.
Good intention @sturk0167
Hopefully @Cytoria has time to read your suggestion. Maybe you want to contact him via PM.

I’m sorry for being out for so long. Tomorrow I’ll check all the competitions and launch the polls.

Both the time since GT Sport is out and the non-existant schedule of the past months has made the competitions less thrilling and interesting and I apologize for my part.

Hopefully I can now run theses again with a more clear schedule. But I’m not sure if 2 weeks is enough for the people who only comes time to time to the game. Let me know what you think.

First off lovely liveries on here :gtpflag:, secondly I’m happy to see the exchange above, that @sturk0167 addressed an issue with directness and tact, and @Cytoria responded so graciously to it:cheers:.

As a repeat deadline breaker and not a regular, I could be be in the group Cytoria is referring to, but for the same reasons, I’d be reluctant to request any changes.

I’ll observe that it seems to me that the pool of entrants is declining (as GTS ‘winds down’, which is what I think Cytoria is saying), if so then I agree a longer period might enable a higher percentage of that pool to enter to compensate.

Clarity is good and communication when there’s slippage helps to maintain the pool too, to avoid the impression of abandonment. As Sturk0167 said we understand that there are more important things, and my overwhelming feeling towards our hosts is one of gratitude.

Oh, OK then, I’ve decided it is all about me after all; whether the schedule remains fortnightly or changes, an ‘unofficial’ slippage period of a maximum of the Sunday after the deadline would be fine for me :) For this F1 LEC it wasn’t so much the deadline (which I do need), I started 2 liveries but fell out of love with them both, and I’ve started 4 other liveries since, all of which I like, but I keep thinking of other things I want to try so I now have 6 new unfinished liveries since this LEC began, and that’s often my personal problem, I’m a flutterer and a tweaker

Could we maybe have MORE than one contest every few weeks? I look forward to these and it keeps me from running around in the streets like a savage! 🤘😎

Back