Premium
France
France
Cytoria

GTS PMC 44 Winner @Raphaele

This Fortnight's Theme :

Ford vs Ferrari

Last winner @Raphaele set this theme, here are the details :

«Let’s go to the pictures once again: November 2019 will bring a brand-new motorsport movie to our cinemas. We will see how Carroll Shelby for Ford is going to beat the invincible Scuderia Ferrari at their own terrain at Le Mans in 1966. I want you to create dramatic photos inspired by this epic battle. I am aware that most entrants won’t (or simply can’t) spend 40 millions of credits for the two protagonist models, so you are advised to enter an Arcade race or provided replay where you will meet the respective cars and take your shots. For inspiration visit the movie site and watch the trailer.
https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/ford-v-ferrari

Historic footage:

https://de.motorsport.com/lemans/video/24h-le-mans-1966/333557/ »

CARS :
- 1966 Ford GT40 Mark I
- 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car
- 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 (since there is no P3 in game)
- Additional race cars allowed

LIVERIES :
- Original livery or matching the historic mood and style (no chrome paint, no large sponsor decals)

LOCATIONS:
- Circuit de la Sarthe only.

SCAPES:
- Allowed (Circuit de la Sarthe only).

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- One Ford and/or one Ferrari are obligatory for your shot, additional other race cars optional.

NOTE :
- Since only few people may own a Ferrari 330 P4 or a Ford Mark IV Race Car (20 million credits each) this is what you can do to create an entry shot if you do not own one of the mandatory models: Download a shared replay, watch the race, find an interesting scene and stop for shooting.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images can not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • No post-game editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.

Deadline

November 20, 2019

If I can't use the Gr.3 Ford and Ferrari I won't be entering this one

Edit: Just found that nostalgia 1979 has le mans let's go bois

Last edited:
@Raphaele, would you prefer us to recreate the 1966 Le Mans with the Mark I GT40 or the 1967 Le Mans with the Mark IV Ford? Unfortunately, the Mark I can't be entered in the Nostalgia 1979 event, so scapes are the only option for featuring the Mark I and the Ferrari 330 P4 in the same photo.

@Raphaele, would you prefer us to recreate the 1966 Le Mans with the Mark I GT40 or the 1967 Le Mans with the Mark IV Ford? Unfortunately, the Mark I can't be entered in the Nostalgia 1979 event, so scapes are the only option for featuring the Mark I and the Ferrari 330 P4 in the same photo.

You're right, you can't enter the Nostalgia Series with your own Mark I. If you own a Mark IV use it. But you also can enter with another model like Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé, 330 P4 or another unicorn. Then you most likely will meet the Mark I in the race (Gulf livery mostly). In advance I did a test shoot in one of the mentioned replays (see spoiler) and found it a proper method. Scapes should work fine, too. One Ford or one Ferrari is okay for me.

20191101013125.jpg

You're right, you can't enter the Nostalgia Series with your own Mark I. If you own a Mark IV use it. But you also can enter with another model like Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé, 330 P4 or another unicorn. Then you most likely will meet the Mark I in the race (Gulf livery mostly). In advance I did a test shoot in one of the mentioned replays (see spoiler) and found it a proper method. Scapes should work fine, too. One Ford or one Ferrari is okay for me.

Thanks for the response. I ended up going with the scapes option as I really wanted to use the authentic 1966 livery. I've taken a few shots and will post my entry shortly. Thanks again for the excellent theme choice.

I don't know much about these the Ford v Ferrari story, but I see a lot of you (all of you?) had the blue and orange Ford livery, and also the old Ferrari livery. Do you own both those cars? The reason I ask is because I searched and searched for races with them, only to end up using one of the two races posted as examples. Which of course had different liveries.

:confused:

I don't know much about these the Ford v Ferrari story, but I see a lot of you (all of you?) had the blue and orange Ford livery, and also the old Ferrari livery. Do you own both those cars? The reason I ask is because I searched and searched for races with them, only to end up using one of the two races posted as examples. Which of course had different liveries.

The « fake » Gulf livery is the livery the IA Ford wears in the GT League Nostalgia 1979 event.

The light blue with red parts around the headlights is the Ken Miles Ford GT from 1966, the hero car of the movie.

The dark green Ford GT in my picture is the actual winner of the 1966 Le Mans race.

In 1966, Ferrari used the 330 P3, which wears almost the same livery as the 330 P4 in the game.

To add to Cytoria's answer, we do own these cars which is why we were able to use the authentic livery, but, we can only use them in the scapes mode because the Mark 1 GT40 cannot be entered into the 1979 Nostalgia event, unfortunately. I'm sure there are plenty of replays out there for that race, but none of them will have the right GT40 livery because the GT40s are all AI and the AI ones always use the Gulf livery.

- - END OF THIS ROUND - -​

With 10 entries, it will be a poll with one option only.

The « fake » Gulf livery is the livery the IA Ford wears in the GT League Nostalgia 1979 event.

The light blue with red parts around the headlights is the Ken Miles Ford GT from 1966, the hero car of the movie.

The dark green Ford GT in my picture is the actual winner of the 1966 Le Mans race.

In 1966, Ferrari used the 330 P3, which wears almost the same livery as the 330 P4 in the game.

To add to Cytoria's answer, we do own these cars which is why we were able to use the authentic livery, but, we can only use them in the scapes mode because the Mark 1 GT40 cannot be entered into the 1979 Nostalgia event, unfortunately. I'm sure there are plenty of replays out there for that race, but none of them will have the right GT40 livery because the GT40s are all AI and the AI ones always use the Gulf livery.

Thanks, guys. I guess I don't know all the intricacies of the game, and hopefully my lack of the movie livery doesn't hinder my submission...? IDK.

Good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back