The GT4 Licence Comparison & Discussion Thread!

• Thread starter Mr P
  • 264 comments
@ holl01
It does appear that Flinx was a bit too quick off the mark but in his defence you do tend to bring the worst out in people with your outlandish comments, not so much in this thread but in other threads here and also in other GT forums.

There is no doubt you're a fast driver and I applude you, but a little modesty will get you everywhere instead of claiming that some of your times are unbeatable and the best in the World. I really hope you learn quickly that there is always someone faster in this game instead of learning the hard way when someone comes along and improves on your times. It has only made you look stupid when it has happened in the past so why continue doing it?

I agree with Sphinx 👍

Also why did you have to beat my IA-3 ??? my only record until you and Zoky came along :(

I agree with sphinx, you are very very fast but your not the only one. Going around to different forums and in multiple threads claiming you have world records that can never be beaten only to have them beaten doesnt look to cool. Many people will go out and beat your records just because you said it can never be beaten. You will get much more respect if you are more modest and friendly. All im saying is that you dont need to go around telling everybody that you hold world records, anybody who is good at gt will know you are fast because they look at the databases and racers you are competing with and beating.

Just because you have extracted the last hundreth out of your time doenst mean its unbeatable, granted no one may be able to beat it, but that doesnt make it unbeatable, just no one at the time who has tried can beat it. There is always some fast bugger that defies the laws of what you thought possible, ive seen it happen countless times before.

lotus350
Also why did you have to beat my IA-3 ??? my only record until you and Zoky came along :(
Well,I had the same time as you and holl01 was faster by 0.003 sec...I just couldn't live with that:lol: (sorry)
Enivey..I had some time to play today:

A4....21.641
IA1...31.337...(Edmar-->31.145 :bowdown: )
IB4...27.438
IA8...1'04.530
IB10....1'50.867 :)

Laters

GTmaniac
Well,I had the same time as you and holl01 was faster by 0.003 sec...I just couldn't live with that:lol: (sorry)
Enivey..I had some time to play today:

A4....21.641
IA1...31.337...(Edmar-->31.145 :bowdown: )
IB4...27.438
IA8...1'04.530
IB10....1'50.867 :)

Laters

Well I don't mind so much that you are in first :)
Gonna see if I can fluke it again and hit lucky :sly:

Small_Fryz
I agree with sphinx, you are very very fast but your not the only one. Going around to different forums and in multiple threads claiming you have world records that can never be beaten only to have them beaten doesnt look to cool. Many people will go out and beat your records just because you said it can never be beaten. You will get much more respect if you are more modest and friendly. All im saying is that you dont need to go around telling everybody that you hold world records, anybody who is good at gt will know you are fast because they look at the databases and racers you are competing with and beating.

Just because you have extracted the last hundreth out of your time doenst mean its unbeatable, granted no one may be able to beat it, but that doesnt make it unbeatable, just no one at the time who has tried can beat it. There is always some fast bugger that defies the laws of what you thought possible, ive seen it happen countless times before.

You make a good point small fryz, nice comments, but if you read the post, i was simply stating the facts, i said the time, and then i said its the current world record by .4, so i was simply giving the facts. i never said no oone will ever beat it, honestly, that post wasn't written to brag about the time at all, sorry if anyone misinterpreted it in that light.

And yes, i have learnt from my mistakes, in particular, when i was talking about that s-16 world record, i agree, that was a little stupid and arrogant of me, and i apologised for that. to everyone, i can assure u i will never bost about anything again, ok :)

Update
S-15 3'12.012

holl01
You make a good point small fryz, nice comments, but if you read the post, i was simply stating the facts, i said the time, and then i said its the current world record by .4, so i was simply giving the facts. i never said no oone will ever beat it, honestly, that post wasn't written to brag about the time at all, sorry if anyone misinterpreted it in that light.

And yes, i have learnt from my mistakes, in particular, when i was talking about that s-16 world record, i agree, that was a little stupid and arrogant of me, and i apologised for that. to everyone, i can assure u i will never bost about anything again, ok :)

Update
S-15 3'12.012

Im glad you didnt take it personally mate 👍

BTW my post wasnt directed at your post in this thread, it was directed at your other posts in various threads here at GTP and at goldjunkies as well.

Im glad you have handled this maturely, you have gained a lot of respect from me for your apology 👍

holl01
i was simply stating the facts, i said the time, and then i said its the current world record by .4, so i was simply giving the facts.

There are very few facts in the world and what you consider to be fact in this case is fiction IMO.

On what authority do you make these outlandish claims of holding "World Records"? Just because you have a number of top times within a .de db doesn't make any of your times a world record, what about the rest of the world? Asia for example. Take some time to go through the archives from any GT board and attempt to find anyone else who has made the same claims as you have. I doubt very much you will find any, but if you do it will only be due to that person being arrogant and ignorant enough to make such a claim.

Sphinx
There are very few facts in the world and what you consider to be fact in this case is fiction IMO.

On what authority do you make these outlandish claims of holding "World Records"? Just because you have a number of top times within a .de db doesn't make any of your times a world record, what about the rest of the world? Asia for example. Take some time to go through the archives from any GT board and attempt to find anyone else who has made the same claims as you have. I doubt very much you will find any, but if you do it will only be due to that person being arrogant and ignorant enough to make such a claim.

Did you not read the post i made after small fryz, i said i will never bost about world records again, infact, i'll never use the term 'world record', ok :) lets not discuss this any further, its not what i'm here for. cheers, dan

I will update all of todays times later this evening :)

new IB-11 for me using DFP 17.267 .... back at you Edmar ;) :sly:

New IB10 for me-->1'50.295 :)
It's simply amazing how much can be done in this test and I think there's a 1.49 with some "perfect" lap (maybe Arco can pull that off!?)
Great license test! 👍

Laters

IB11-->17.448...(17,2## must fall :sly: )
IB12--->23.304

Vruummm:D

Edit 20min later

A12--->28.381

You've gotta love rally licenses! :)

holl01
that comment was kinda made without thought cos u didn't give me a chance to enter it in the database, i actually entered it about 5 mins after i made the post, and yes, it definitely does accord with the rules. heres the replay to prove it, anyone with the PAL version can download it, its an .xps file, ok, from dan
Maybe my comment was without thought but with much less thoughts than claiming world records while you didn´t submit your time in the current top-db.;)
Nobody doubts that you are a fast driver, but we are still at the beginning of GT 4 and do explore the licenses.
Time will tell how deep we can go timewise, so top times at this early stages (with few exceptions) won´t stand for long.
Espacially if you tell people they should go out and prove you to be wrong.

As most commentaries before i repeat:
we agree that you a fast driver, GT 4 wise.
If your forum behaviour would be close to the class you show in racing, everything is fine.
`nuff said.

I have a few times to update:

IB12--->23.238
A12--->28.199
S6--->51.481
S7--->1'28.787

Now I need to defend my place with that Chrysler Crossfire at New York(Edmar you devil :mischievous: ...I thought my time was safe there :crazy: 👍 )
:D

itsukivr6
Care to post this replay, cause I'm curious to see as to where I am losing .4XX

I ran a 1:13.063 and it's been verified at GT DB...
i know, i verified it.
And got the inspiration to try that license myself in a faster attitude than only passing the gold.;)

The replay is NTSC and if you can only handle .sps files, have a look here.

Attachments

• Flinx@S13 1´12,595.max
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
Ricolamb has aksed me if I can provide my S8 ghost replay so he can chase it...so here it is as well as some other replays just to verificate some times!
In S8 replay,after T1 I drove very closely to a wall but I've checked the replay in photomode and there was no wall touch and 2 wheels remained on the curbs! 👍

Attachments

• IB10 Zoky.max
    17.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IA9 Zoky.max
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
  • B15 Zoky.max
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
  • A12 Zoky.max
    15.6 KB · Views: 7
  • S8 Zoky.max
    15.8 KB · Views: 16
Hi guys, :)
I'm just adding 2 times ... for now.

S3: 1'21.938
S12: 1'53.852

Replays are Maxdrive PAL files. ;)

Attachments

• S12 Tannis.max
    17.4 KB · Views: 9
  • S3 Tannis.max
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
I checked out ur replays zoky, very impressive times there.

But on S8, i'm fairly certain the run is illegal, given the fact that u probably hit the wall, even though u cant get the photo mode to stop at the exact instance in which you did touch the wall (thats if u did) and i'm also fairly certain that you had three wheels off the track at that same corner. and its only legal if u have two weels touching the track/rumble strip at all times. but i'm not a moderator so i cant do anything about it, how about someone else take a look at it.

That said, it was still a superb time, just as good as your other times. from dan

holl01
But on S8, i'm fairly certain the run is illegal, given the fact that u probably hit the wall, even though u cant get the photo mode to stop at the exact instance in which you did touch the wall (thats if u did) and i'm also fairly certain that you had three wheels off the track at that same corner. and its only legal if u have two weels touching the track/rumble strip at all times. but i'm not a moderator so i cant do anything about it, how about someone else take a look at it.
Hmm..I've checked the replay more then 5 times and there's definitly no wall touch(IMO).As for 2 wheels....I think they remained on the curb.It was a though judgement for me and I submited that time!
But to not make any further discussion about this..I'll try to drive a faster time wich wont be suspicious! 👍

Update:

S8--->1'30.623

I don't have time to beat my old suspicious replay and I'm curently occupied with week4 race so this time shall do for the moment! 👍

@Tannis,glad to see you here...awesome S3 run! :cheers:

I've attached my new S8 replay:

Attachments

• S8 Zoky.max
    15.8 KB · Views: 6
Nice run again on S8 gtmaniac, heres my S15 liscence test if anyone is interested

S15 3'11.013

Cheers

Attachments

• S15 Holl01.xps
    31 KB · Views: 10
If you have a moment where you are very close to touching a wall, armco, a barrier, etc you must watch for a speed loss of even 1 mph for only an instant to know if it is legal or not.

Visually determining if you "touched" or not is not enough. There are many spots in the game where you can appear to not touch and you will suffer a speed loss, which in current OLR format deems the moment a touch.

That said, when you have a very close moment, and you see a speed drop with no brakes applied, you know the run is no good. Now, if you are a good 6 inches off a wall or barrier, you shouldn't have to be looking for a speed loss. Those good times come with board challenges ;)

Just had a run at S8 and came away with a sweet time, only so see Zoky has it beat by .003 :guilty:. Here's the time anyway 1'30.207:D.

I was trying S8 too...came up with 1.31.214 so far..but I can take it down to 1.30.5 or something...dunno if I can gain a whole second though..
Ben...what are ur splits?

Rico

Hey Rico :D. I saw your time and had to give the test a try again. MY splits were 17.72x and 49.90x. The first sector I pretty much nialed I think, there's maybe .1-.2 that I lost at most there. Best I've seen was a few 17.64x or so, and mid 49.8's. The last half of the track is the most important, you have to make sure to keep as much speed as possible. One corner that can kill your lap but you wouldn't expect it to be so important is the quick left hander before the final hairpin. It's critical to get the most speed possible out of that turn.

Latest Posts

Back