The GT6 Save Editor Thread

Yea it would seem something is not right here because it's throwing a fit with me too. What the issue is, I am not sure, but the creator will look at it tomorrow when he gets the chance. ;)

Yea it would seem something is not right here because it's throwing a fit with me too. What the issue is, I am not sure, but the creator will look at it tomorrow when he gets the chance. ;)
Ok that's fine I just hope it's nothing serious to worry about.

I doubt it is, I feel it may just be a slight incompatibility issue with your save game that will be resolved soon. I sure hope you kept a backup before using the editor.

Last edited:
My backup data is still on the console the one on the usb drive is just the main save which is the one that is being dealt with.

By make a backup, I mean once you copy your save to your USB drive, make a copy of that save somewhere and keep it handy in case something goes wrong. It can happen with any save editor.

Last edited:
I should've asked this sooner, but what version of GT6 are you on?

Oddly, I just tried to load my save game into it and I got the exact same error as you did and it worked with me the other day. 🤔 (I am on 1.00 right now)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Someone recently had an issue with his GT5 editor since his language was in Russian and the editor could not load it because of this, but it was later fixed thankfully. Now as far as what's happening here, I have no answer for that yet, but it helps to know these things.

Last edited:
Oh I see. I've never seen any instances like that so I didn't bring it up. Also this was bought through Amazon and the images shown there was the American version but when I got it the game was Australian version and it didn't bother me since there wasn't region locked for the console.

Last edited:
Oddly I went into the game, bought a kart and sold my Honda Fit, and then copied my save to my PC, and now it works again. 🤔 Not sure what's going on here.
Oh I see. I've never seen any instances like that so I didn't bring it up.
Me neither, it was a surprise for me too.

Compared to the other games I have gt6 is the only game that gave me the most issue when installing and running stuff like save editors.

unhandled exception has occurred in your application
That's the error I got @Sonygamer455
That's odd. Are you positive you saved it?

Okay, I toyed with this and my understanding is that the "Open (Decrypted)" option is for save games that are already decrypted, and "Save (Decrypted)" saves it in its decrypted state.

I wonder if your virus protection is conflicting with it.

There should be a drop-down arrow on that pop-up, click it and copy all the text in that box to a txt file and post it here.
I clicked 'Save' and the app freezed for a little while before un-freezing, which is what I assumed meant it had saved. Is there meant to be a pop-up or something? My antivirus is just Windows Defender. My version of the game is the final version of the game, could that be an issue?

That's the error I got @Sonygamer455
Can you post the details from the error pop up, please?
I clicked 'Save' and the app freezed for a little while before un-freezing, which is what I assumed meant it had saved. Is there meant to be a pop-up or something? My antivirus is just Windows Defender. My version of the game is the final version of the game, could that be an issue?
I don't think so. I am not sure why we're having this issue, but the creator will look into it tomorrow. I need the details of your error though.

Last edited:
Can you post the details from the error pop, please?

I don't think so. I am not sure why we're having this issue, but the creator will look into it tomorrow. I need the details of your error though.
Well, I tried to recreate it, but it worked as intended this time around. :lol:
I added several cars to my garage, changed my first name and my amount of money. The cars weren't initially added to the garage list in any capacity (not even blank boxes) but when I saved and reloaded it they appeared. My money changes also worked, but not my first name change. That would reset every time I opened the save file, and I assume it has something to do with the three-change limit. I assume a restart was what kicked the programme into life, but I still have no idea why the issues I initially described happened in the first place.

Would be nice to have the source for the GT6 save editor instead of a random Discord link to download.
Wish granted! :P

So the creator made an update for it to address the issues we've been having and says it should be fixed now, so I have updated the OP with a link to the new version. I've already tested it out on one of my saves that failed to work earlier in the editor and it loaded it just fine, but I haven't done much beyond that since I have been preoccupied a bit today. As always, let me know how if ya'll have any issues with it.

Cheers! :cheers:

So while we have a thread for GT5 regarding discussion on garage editors, we do not have one for GT6. And yes, thanks to Razerman, there actually is a save editor for GT6, it’s actually been around for almost 2 years now, but I don’t know if it’s even been shared here yet, so I figured it’s about time we finally get a thread about it.

I am aware we have a modding discussion here for GT6, but that one is primarily about modding the game data, this is about the save data.

Anyways, here’s the aforementioned garage editor for GT6:

Now I must confess, I have not used it much since I don’t play GT6 a whole lot, but it’s worked fine for me the times I have used it. As always though, if you have any issues, be sure to share them here so hopefully, they can be fixed later! :)
Hey there! All good with the editor, thanks for the download link. Question. There are several tropheys for stars achieved within GT 6. When clicking Gold All, yes you show as getting all stars in the game, great - however the game doesn’t recognise you have actually earnt say 200 then 300 stars in total even though your grand total says over 500. Anyone know a way around this?

So while we have a thread for GT5 regarding discussion on garage editors, we do not have one for GT6. And yes, thanks to Razerman, there actually is a save editor for GT6, it’s actually been around for almost 2 years now, but I don’t know if it’s even been shared here yet, so I figured it’s about time we finally get a thread about it.

I am aware we have a modding discussion here for GT6, but that one is primarily about modding the game data, this is about the save data.

Anyways, here’s the aforementioned garage editor for GT6:

Now I must confess, I have not used it much since I don’t play GT6 a whole lot, but it’s worked fine for me the times I have used it. As always though, if you have any issues, be sure to share them here so hopefully, they can be fixed later! :)
Hey there can you help with something please. Using save editor all works fine. When clicking Gold Everthing, all stars awarded, great - however this doesn’t trigger the 200 and 300 stars trophey being gained? Weird. My stars in stats say I have over 500 (well, all over them). Is there a way around this to get these trophies please? Thanks for your help.

You don't have to say it twice, I saw it the first time and apologize for the delay. :lol: Unfortunately, I can't say I have an answer for it since I don't play GT6 much.

Edit: Actually I remember now, I think you have to open the races in the menus in order for it to work as it should. My memory is a little hazy, but I think that's what I had to do when I tested it. I'll take another look at it to refresh my memory.

Last edited:
Hey there! All good with the editor, thanks for the download link. Question. There are several tropheys for stars achieved within GT 6. When clicking Gold All, yes you show as getting all stars in the game, great - however the game doesn’t recognise you have actually earnt say 200 then 300 stars in total even though your grand total says over 500. Anyone know a way around this?
Hey there can you help with something please. Using save editor all works fine. When clicking Gold Everthing, all stars awarded, great - however this doesn’t trigger the 200 and 300 stars trophey being gained? Weird. My stars in stats say I have over 500 (well, all over them). Is there a way around this to get these trophies please? Thanks for your help.
Okay, so I looked at it again and the feature works as it should. However, you have to go into each of the events, like Novice and its included license test for instance, in order for everything to be like it should. When doing this, you will receive everything you're supposed to receive from it and the later events will unlock as you go. That's just how GT6 is it would seem. Be warned though, theirs an unskippable credits scene at the end of Novice I think, so keep that in mind. For any events that say "New", select them so you get everything.

Tell you the truth I noticed this before, but totally forgot about it. I was under the impression "Gold All" only applied to what you chose in the editor, but apparently, it applies to absolutely everything in the game.

Last edited:
Okay, so I looked at it again and the feature works as it should. However, you have to go into each of the events, like Novice and its included license test for instance, in order for everything to be like it should. When doing this, you will receive everything you're supposed to receive from it and the later events will unlock as you go. That's just how GT6 is it would seem. Be warned though, theirs an unskippable credits scene at the end of Novice I think, so keep that in mind. For any events that say "New", select them so you get everything.

Tell you the truth I noticed this before, but totally forgot about it. I was under the impression "Gold All" only applied to what you chose in the editor, but apparently, it applies to absolutely everything in the game.
When you say select do you mean going into the actual events or just their pages in the menu?

Ok, right, I appreciate you taking another look. So as for the unlocking and going into each different licence for example, yes got that. The part that’s eluded me is the 200 and 300 stars trophies. I’m assuming therefore, even though say a championship / event says I have obtained 3 stars, for the console to register this as actual 3 stars I’m required to go into each event race, click enter - exit out - then I notice ‘saving data’ appear in the bottom on the screen and this is then clicking the stars as I go along? Is that right. Just didn’t want ti waste time clicking every single event / championship race without requirement. I hoping therefore that after clicking enough and me seeing the saving data pop up ever time a trophey for the 200 will eventually appear, and then after 100 more stars (clicked on) the 300 will appear as unlocked? Thanks!

Maybe? Tell you the truth I don’t even know about the trophies simply because I never paid much attention to them. You shouldn’t have to enter in the races, just opening the page for it should suffice.

Back