Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
NOSTALGIA

GRAND OPENING THEME

Gran Turismo 7 has finally launched, and to celebrate its 25th anniversary, I asked @Jordan to set the opening theme of the first every livery editor competition for the new game, and the theme he chose seems very fitting:

"This might be a bit obvious, but I'd suggest "nostalgia". In other words, liveries from some of the most famous race cars in GT's history, like the Tom's Castrol Supra, or the Pennzoil GT-R, or even the Suzuki Escudo... I think it would be cool to see how people can take those themes and apply them to some of the newer cars in GT7."

Some of you are already familiar with how these competitions work, since Gran Turismo Sport's release we've had competitions going, and they gained such popularity that they're still going strong to this date!
But, since we now have a new game on our hands, that means we also have new members and players among us, so I only found it fitting to refresh the rules a little bit.
The veterans will have no trouble finding themselves at home, with a minor tweak to the presentation. For the new competitors, it should be easier than ever to jump in and join the fun!

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry.

CARS :
  • Any.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • Famous race cars from GT's history.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Only liveries from past GT games.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the video below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • Important! Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).
Settings:
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure: EV +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1 sec.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

NOTE :

The game has just released, so this starting round will last until the end of the month.
This is to let everyone get some playtime and enjoy the game instead of feeling they need to rush their entry.
Normal competition time is 14 days.

DEADLINE :

March 31st, 2022 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
SAMPLE ENTRY

Since this is a sample entry and not fitting the theme, I'm not going to post any bonus pictures. This post is only to show how your entry must look

PS4 Base

Last edited:
I hope they patch in the ability to export taken pictures soon.

I already got an idea for this, but first I gotta get to grips with the editor itself as it's a bit weird at times compared to GTS'.

Agreed @Nuschel01. So annoying..

It is, isn’t it? On base PS4 it feels a tiny bit laggy too, don’t know if I can "speedpaint" anymore when I feel comfortable with the editor.

My entry is a modern take on my favourite livery from GT4. The Woodone JTCC Supra.

I have tried to not only replicate the design but update it and make it fit the lines of the modern GT car.

I hope you like.

My entry is a modern take on my favourite livery from GT4. The Woodone JTCC Supra.
Very nice :)

Quick reminder though, remember to mark your entry with PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.
Some might think it doesn’t matter, maybe it doesn’t. But it’s nice to see what system people play it on. :)

Very nice :)

Quick reminder though, remember to mark your entry with PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.
Some might think it doesn’t matter, maybe it doesn’t. But it’s nice to see what system people play it on. :)
Amended main post

Hi guys, it's been a while since I participated in the LEC! I definitely want to be part of the first one on GT7 but I have to understand how to upload (and even download) stickers! :D

Welcome back @Sian! Uploading is the same, downloading is the same-ish. I’ll admit I haven’t gone to the Showcase yet. :)

I loved doing liveries on GTSport, so I think I’ll have to get involved in this on GT7. I’ve got an idea of what I want to do so let’s see how it turns out

Since we finally got the Prius back in GT7 after an long absence since GT6, decided to put this together for it. Too bad we couldn't get the Honda Insight inspired body kit and rear wheel coverings this go around.
That’s excellent :D

What makes a particular car famous enough to be elegible?

Thre reason I ask is because the very first model that came to my mind was the TVR Cerbera racing modded from GT2. Thing is, I think it isn't anywhere near the status a Castrol Supra or a GT-R have in the series.

Latest Posts

Back