Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
STRIPES

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Stripes. They can be so easy to make. But they can also be pretty complex. What can be said about this theme?

"Some of the most iconic liveries through the years have been simple, they features stripes. Martini, Gulf, or my favorite: BRE. I want you to design a stripey livery, be it a simple own design, or a complex replica. There's no right or wrong, let's see those stripes!"

Welcome back to another round of the GT7 Livery Editor Competition, where it's all about stripes!
Last round we got over 40 entries in its month long competition. That's pretty amazing, considering it was the first competition round, and in a brand new game! Veterans and newcomers alike made some really cool liveries.
I can't wait to see what this round will bring, as the theme can be interpreted in so many ways. Without further ado, let's get those stripes going!

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS :
  • Any.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • As the theme says, use stripes! Go simple, go complex. There's no right or wrong.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Your paintscheme should only consist of stripes. Go easy on bends and other shapes. Lines can follow the body, but too curvy lines will be disqualified.
  • Not a restriction, but a reminder: of course sponsors are allowed!

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following months theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • Important! Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).
Settings:
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure: EV +0.5 to +1.0, if you feel it's a little washed out, adjust accordingly.
Shutter Speed: 1/1 sec.
NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

April 30th, 2022 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
@syntex123

"It was painted by German pop-art artist Peter Klasen" The livery looks awesome but i am pretty sure you can only receive the photorealistic look with some kind of paintbrush. With the use of the vecor based files in the editor, it is nearly impossible to make it look like the original.

@syntex123

"It was painted by German pop-art artist Peter Klasen" The livery looks awesome but i am pretty sure you can only receive the photorealistic look with some kind of paintbrush. With the use of the vecor based files in the editor, it is nearly impossible to make it look like the original.
It can be done with the shapes in game and for the persons who make good gradient decals, it would just take time to make. Like, A LOT of time. :lol: Or a simplified version. I can name a few capable of making it.
People who rely on other decal makers and online converters should never attempt such a livery. Even for me it’s too daunting. Partly because my program of choice doesn’t handle gradiented decals at all.
For my own clarity, do all of these qualify as "Stripes" liveries?

Yes to both, but keep them spoilered if you can, unless of course @Kita Kangaroo that is your final entry, then feel free to slap on that tag. :)

It’s too bendy stripes that aren’t stripes in my opinion. But I guess everything goes as long as it isn’t too much of a violation. Then I’ll let you know. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Framerate
I don't have a lot of time to make something super epic this comp because I'm really busy this month so this'll have to do. Insert crappy tagline:

- Forget time machines, it's time to race! -

Basically I made a DeLorean DMC-12 (S2) Touring Car. Yup, that's it. I slapped on a livery from an AE86 racing car from Project CARS 3, with all of the sponsors besides the Toyota logos intact.

What you end up with is a rather interesting fictional racing DeLorean with a nice stripe/fade thing on the sides and hood, a nice white/red/blue split that feels pretty American, and in general just a sort of neat "what-if" project. Kind of looks like a Group B rally version of a DeLorean to me from some angles, especially with the higher ride height. Dressed up like a race car, you almost forget how underwhelming the stock car is!

Well anyways, I posted this in the customized cars thread as well as one or two others, and people really seem to like it for some reason so thought I'd give it a chance to compete in the livery competitions. In terms of results this one'll be riding on pure quirkiness alone so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Also, if you want to build your own DeLorean rally car or touring car, the livery is right here to download. I'd actually recommend it because the car is really fun to drive fully tuned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration @syntex123, I was seriously struggling to come up with something for this one, but now I’m working on a version of this! Hopefully it’ll turn out ok and I’ll submit it when it’s ready
Haha no problem! :D do submit either way, I’m excited to see the outcome!
I don't have a lot of time to make something super epic this comp because I'm really busy this month so this'll have to do. Insert crappy tagline:

- Forget time machines, it's time to race! -

Basically I made a DeLorean DMC-12 (S2) Touring Car. Yup, that's it. I slapped on a livery from an AE86 racing car from Project CARS 3, with all of the sponsors besides the Toyota logos intact.

What you end up with is a rather interesting fictional racing DeLorean with a nice stripe/fade thing on the sides and hood, a nice white/red/blue split that feels pretty American, and in general just a sort of neat "what-if" project. Kind of looks like a Group B rally version of a DeLorean to me from some angles, especially with the higher ride height. Dressed up like a race car, you almost forget how underwhelming the stock car is!

Well anyways, I posted this in the customized cars thread as well as one or two others, and people really seem to like it for some reason so thought I'd give it a chance to compete in the livery competitions. In terms of results this one'll be riding on pure quirkiness alone so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Also, if you want to build your own DeLorean rally car or touring car, the livery is right here to download. I'd actually recommend it because the car is really fun to drive fully tuned.

Dude that’s a great looking car! :D and it’s way fancier than my banner livery, that’s just two stripes. :lol: Anything goes. And like I said, complex or simple, doesn’t matter!

And in my tiny absence the lec pump has started pumpin’, you guys have produced awesome stuff! Love the Willy’s Jeep. I’d say it stretches the line but eh, it’s too funny to correct. :D

Dude that's ultra clean! Have you tried varying the thickness of the three white pin stripes from skinny (top) to thick (bottom) to create a gradient effect? It looks good in my head but my not IRL with that red line
Didn't try that but will test it out later today :)

Back