Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
SPORTS TEAMS

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Sports. Everyone has some sort of connection with sports, be it from when you were a kid and were doing your best at soccer practice, maybe you're a hardcore handball fan? @Nerazzurri sets the theme where you need to focus on the other sports than motorsports. Make use of sponsors your chosen team is sponsored by, and most of all - have fun! Let's hear the magic words:

"As well as a love of cars I’m also a massive football fan, in particular Inter Milan, so I would like to see liveries of your favourite sports team. These can be any sports teams from football, rugby, cycling, cricket or any from around the world. The only exception to this is car related motorsports."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS :
  • Any; but highly encouraged to be from the country of your chosen sports team.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • Your own work only. Can be heavily inspired, and it shouldn't be hard since no car motorsports liveries are allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Car must be from the country of chosen sports team i.e if the team is the Great Britain Cycling Team then the car must be from the UK.
  • Only sponsors that are associated with the chosen sports team can be used. This can include sponsors from the past or current ones.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed. Must be in a location that is in the country of the chosen sports team.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following months theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • Important! Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).
Settings:
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure: EV +0.5 to +1.0, if you feel it's a little washed out, adjust accordingly.
Shutter Speed: 1/1 sec.
NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

SECOND NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified.

DEADLINE :

May 31st, 2022 (23:59, UTC)

Last edited:
Because we need to remind everyone of how the entry should look, here's @Nerazzurri's sample entry. Refer to OP and this post (and the post below) if you are confused. If this still doesn't help.. PM me or any of the people who assist me in reminding everyone to shrink down photos (or wrong scape settings etc)

SAMPLE ENTRY

Last edited:
Instructions how to post correct entry images:

Last edited:
@wowbaggerBR
@syntex123

VW produced cars in brasil since 1953 -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_do_Brasil

They even got a pretty good looking, sporty VW Coupé: The SP2

5b_1-e1545047697714-1280x720.jpg

A_4-e1545047495489-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
The car from country of the team chosen tie shouldn't be mandatory.

I get it, most popular sports, like football (top5 leagues - spain has no car in game), US top leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) are pretty well covered, but other sports from other countries are doomed to not be chosen.

The limitation of this rule can backfire towards the high level of the competition.

Just my 2 cents.
SPORTS TEAMS

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Sports. Everyone has some sort of connection with sports, be it from when you were a kid and were doing your best at soccer practice, maybe you're a hardcore handball fan? @Nerazzurri sets the theme where you need to focus on the other sports than motorsports. Make use of sponsors your chosen team is sponsored by, and most of all - have fun! Let's hear the magic words:

"As well as a love of cars I’m also a massive football fan, in particular Inter Milan, so I would like to see liveries of your favourite sports team. These can be any sports teams from football, rugby, cycling, cricket or any from around the world. The only exception to this is car related motorsports."

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS :
  • Any; but must be from the country of chosen sports team (German team? German car.)

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • Your own work only. Can be heavily inspired, and it shouldn't be hard since no car motorsports liveries are allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • Car must be from the country of chosen sports team i.e if the team is the Great Britain Cycling Team then the car must be from the UK.
  • Only sponsors that are associated with the chosen sports team can be used. This can include sponsors from the past or current ones.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Up to two Bonus Pictures allowed. Must be in a location that is in the country of the chosen sports team.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following months theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • Important! Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

SECOND NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified.

DEADLINE :

May 31st, 2022 (23:59, UTC)

Welp, too bad GT7 isn't exactly full of Brazilian and south american cars. I guess I'll just watch this one unfolds.
I'm with wowbagger here, although I can easily join this comp, I think if that one unique restriction isn't dropped, I'll take the pass too.

The rules are set as wished by the previous winner, no need to argue about it imho.

Thought I guess it can be stretched a bit in regards to where the car was produced, as stated before. If you dig around a bit maybe there are some more countries to be discovered ;)
For example the VW Golf Mk.1 was also produced in South Africa, Nigeria, Yugoslavia and a few more countries. But again, that's up to our rules-setter if he'd allow that.

The rules are set as wished by the previous winner, no need to argue about it imho.

Thought I guess it can be stretched a bit in regards to where the car was produced, as stated before. If you dig around a bit maybe there are some more countries to be discovered ;)
For example the VW Golf Mk.1 was also produced in South Africa, Nigeria, Yugoslavia and a few more countries. But again, that's up to our rules-setter if he'd allow that.
I’m happy for this to be allowed. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel like they can’t enter. I just thought it’d be nice to have you using cars from the country of the sports team. If this is a major issue for people then I suppose it’ll have to become open to all cars

I understand that the winner sets the unique restrictions and am not arguing against, just discusing the limitations this restriction has and what impact this might have on the competition itself.

For example, I'm a fan of english football club, but not a big fan of british cars, so I want to go with a club from my country, but I can't because there is no cars in game which were produced in my country (although I might be wrong as Slovakia was on the top in produced cars per capita few years back (VW, couple Audis, couple Porsches, Peugeot, Citroen, Kia, now Jaguar and Land Rover) I think none of those are in the game.

Conclusion - either I cheat or go with something I won't like.

I understand that the winner sets the unique restrictions and am not arguing against, just discusing the limitations this restriction has and what impact this might have on the competition itself.

For example, I'm a fan of english football club, but not a big fan of british cars, so I want to go with a club from my country, but I can't because there is no cars in game which were produced in my country (although I might be wrong as Slovakia was on the top in produced cars per capita few years back (VW, couple Audis, couple Porsches, Peugeot, Citroen, Kia, now Jaguar and Land Rover) I think none of those are in the game.

Conclusion - either I cheat or go with something I won't like.
Like I say I don’t want anyone o feel too restricted that they don’t want to enter. So @syntex123 can you please remove the car restrictions, though the sponsor restrictions should remain

Last edited:
I have to agree on the limitations here causing a bit of a sticking point. My favourite sports teams are all from New Zealand, so I'm unable to enter anything, unless I just pretend to like a team from one of the manufacturer countries so I can enter. I'm easy either way, but it would be good to know how countries from outside of the manufacturers in game can be represented. Using the Gran Turismo "brand" could be a good workaround, as mentioned.

EDIT: one of my teams regional partners is Ford - would a connection like that work??

Last edited:
But that's the challenge of these imho. There'll always be someone who isn't happy with some part of the rules.
Manchester United, british club, has Chevrolet (had it as shirt sponsor until last season). How would it look like to put Chevy chevron on let's say Aston Martin?

I understand the intention @Nerazzurri had when putting the rules up and as I said earlier, I am able to enter without violating the rules. Many others may not be so lucky.

Never been the one who is against rules, always following them to the point. Just wanted to discuss this particular one. Sorry if I sounded a bit picky and/or not satisfied.

"These can be any sports teams from football, rugby, cycling, cricket or any from around the world. The only exception to this is car related motorsports."

Does this mean we can include some non-car related motorsports? Like, for example, MotoGP inspired liveries?

@wowbaggerBR
@syntex123

VW produced cars in brasil since 1953 -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_do_Brasil

They even got a pretty good looking, sporty VW Coupé: The SP2
5b_1-e1545047697714-1280x720.jpg

A_4-e1545047495489-1280x720.jpg
But please, spoiler/link pictures that aren’t entries. This has been said a million times over the years :lol:
Like I say I don’t want anyone o feel too restricted that they don’t want to enter. So @syntex123 can you please remove the car restrictions, though the sponsor restrictions should remain
Roger doger, I’ll write "No limit, but highly encouraged"

FINAL ENTRY

52043106769_2f89bc96b0_z.jpg

52043366400_e2850f7c52_z.jpg

PS4 Pro
52043106504_76fc8105ac_z.jpg
Decided to go with this one quickie, fan car retro style, where you have as many sponsor decals put as possible.

As for me not liking the previous livery that much, I decided to rework it. Base Mini stayed the same, changed the paint job to matte shade of red to show some weathering of older car. Sponsors stayed the same, just different layout.

Last edited:
@daan Have you got any SPFL decals? I'm fancying a crack at a Partick Thistle FC livery :lol:

I say Partick Thistle FC because most people think they are called Partick Thistle Nil

Attachments

• Scottish_Professional_Football_League (1).svg
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
  • spfl.svg
    12.3 KB · Views: 13
  • partickmascot.svg
    8.6 KB · Views: 12
  • partickthistlebadge.svg
    14.9 KB · Views: 13
Back