Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Touring Car Revival
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Touring Cars. For many the pinnacle of racing and even today still always a safe bet for great action on and off the track. For this month's competition you're asked to revive your favourite touring car livery on a Gr.4 car, be it DTM, BTCC, JGTC, V8 Supercars, WTCC, or anything else. Let's hear what GTS' final LEC winner @Racerx_34 has to say about it:

"Most of us have grown up on Motor Sport. I grew up on loud 90's racing. My theme is to recreate those bright/bold schemes of the 90's/00's Touring Car era. The inspiration can come from Touring Car or DTM designs, but they must be on a TC or Gr4 car. This is not the round for Gr3 cars. Number plates can be exact replicas or Sport Mode plates. Design can be an exact replica or a modern interpretation"

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • Gr.4 Cars
  • Honda Civic TC and Eunos Roadster TC
  • Subaru WRX STI TT

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • No limits

LIVERIES:
  • Replica or modernisation of a touring car livery

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • None

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • Racetrack or pit area photos
  • Not mandatory, but ideally a photo alongside the original livery

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • Special effects like scratches or anything similar that alter the look of your livery even thought not being part of it in the mandatory photos is not allowed.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Please mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

SECOND NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE :

July 31, 2022 - 23:59, UTC

And please don't forget to vote in poll for the previous LEC:

Last edited:
A bit of an emergency LEC this one, syntex is really busy with his real life at the moment so I took over this circus for now :D
Since I couldn't reach @RealJaySee to this date it was the easiest to let the winner of the final GTS LEC decide the theme for this one. Once JaySee resurfaces we'll start LEC 06 on July 15th with his theme.

Happy painting! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
It’s important that people have the choice of making a replica or creating their own style. Once the original sponsors are used anything goes.

They can recreate an exact livery of their favourite TC or take the sponsors and make what they think it would look like if made now.

If you like making replicas or prefer putting your own style on something, it’s all good.

Last edited:
Great call on the Touring Cars @Racerx_34, I nearly went with this theme for week 2, but I’m glad I didn’t now so I can join in ;)
Now for the hard part, deciding which livery to go with

@Racerx_34 @Nuschel01 Would the Isle of Man Subaru be allowed? I know it’s not a GR4 but it’s practically a touring car
Catch 22. I can't enter my own theme.
But this was inspired by my Bastos M6, which I probably should have entered in the "Stripes" theme.
I should go make a Gr4 version now.

Subaru...
I'll allow it.

Last edited:
Can we use a street car dressed as Gr.4. I’m thinking of BMW M3 in particular

The only way allowing the M3 would work would be to allow the E30 M3 if people are making an exact replica.
Other than that no, because I don't want this to become an "any car" LEC.
But then if you wanted you could make the Gr4 version and put the E30 M3 in the bonus pics with it.

Last edited:
Just a question regarding if we'll be allowed to post our liveries on Discord/other socials once we've completed them, or do we need to wait until after the deadline?

My entry's done, just need to take some bonus shots :D

Can we use a street car dressed as Gr.4. I’m thinking of BMW M3 in particular.
Tbh while you can turn street cars into Gr.4 lookalikes now there's still that final edge of racing spec the Gr.4 cars have over upgraded road cars. Just take the livery you wanted to make and slap it on the M4 Gr.4 :D

So long as it's not from GT500/GT300.
No Gr3 cars.
Older JGTC cars modernised is allowed.
Never mind then...

Well, I saw on the OP that JGTC was acceptable. I guess that means the 90's era, in that case I'm okay. I made some liveries for Gr 4.

Last edited:
Never mind then...

Well, I saw on the OP that JGTC was acceptable. I guess that means the 90's era, in that case I'm okay. I made some liveries for Gr 4.
Yeah I was about to reply that I only remember the Itasha Goodsmile Racing liveries being on GT3 machinery and in that case the answer was no, but yeah we're talking 90's era JGTC not modern era.

Also, they're technically not Itasha, but they have VTubers on them. If that doesn't count, I can just remove them and just submit the plain liveries.

Well, you're allowed to re-imagine any old livery and if you can find an older Project.µ or maybe a Tamiya sponsored car either of those companies have mascots that'd allow a believable itasha livery I suppose.

It’s important that people have the choice of making a replica or creating their own style. Once the original sponsors are used anything goes.

They can recreate an exact livery of their favourite TC or take the sponsors and make what they think it would look like if made now.

If you like making replicas or prefer putting your own style on something, it’s all good.

I'm looking forward to this

Latest Posts

Back