The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #07 (Colour Crimes) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 174 comments
Hmmmm ...

You could also just put all 9 colour combos in the bonus shots ;)
Since Nuschel01 creates these threads, I assumed it was allowed.

I think they mean using photoshop to improve colours, improving your livery using better tools,... Now i've just taken the same car and pasted it in 1 image but I have not messed with any settings or have applied adjustment via photoshop.

Since Nuschel01 creates these threads, I assumed it was allowed.

I think they mean using photoshop to improve colours, improving your livery using better tools,... Now i've just taken the same car and pasted it in 1 image but I have not messed with any settings or have applied adjustment via photoshop.

Yeah, I think it's in the spirit of the rules, but that might need to be clarified for future.

I wouldn't call splicing pictures together post-processing :D
It's all good, thought initially I made that hint for a race photo ;)
Would love to do that but I only have 1 R5 and it just doesn't reappear in the used car dealership. Otherwise I would have done that.

FINAL ENTRY

B&H JORDAN PEUGEOT 197 GT3 GREEN EDITION

PS4 Pro

Bit of a quick one this as didn't have much time (getting in the excuses early, lol), and reused a few old decals from a previous build. Not the garish bright colours it could of been, but thought...snakes are usually green right? Well some of them are... :lol:

The printers really screwed up when they printed this inverted color Castrol Tom's Supra. Somewhere in handoff the file was inverted and nobody seemed to notice how wrong this was. Unfortunately there wasn't time to fix the mistake and the team had to run this mistake livery.

- - -

In changing these colors, I gave myself the wonderful chore of redrawing every graphic on this car to be able to control the color of each swoosh. Gonna have to make a bunch of Castrol cars now so it's worth it.

Last edited:
This version of the Lowenbrau livery reminds me of the AG2R cycle team colours but I ended up here by a set of choices/changes rather than starting off trying for that. This LEC had fun written all over it with the theme, but it also reminded me of another LEC, where I tried to make a Prada livery based on a Zoolander-style pronouncement by their head honcho, about how they were making ugly beautiful: “Ugly is attractive, ugly is exciting. Maybe because it is newer,” she said. “The investigation of ugliness is, to me, more interesting than the bourgeois idea of beauty. And why? Because ugly is human.” :lol: I’ve seen little evidence of this in practice, but at the time I tried (and failed) to imagine a livery that Prada would design if they actually followed this brief rather than the rather chic restraint they’re associated with. Let’s try again.

First attempts at this LEC were less than encouraging:

The choices then became how do I improve this? Purple went silver, because it had to be distinct from the other colours and shine. I really wanted blue but couldn’t get a metallic blue shiny enough, another challenge to come back to.
The primary colours had to contrast more, went burgundy/chocolate on the sides to move it to the red end of the spectrum, so the other main colour had to be light and I chose blue, numbers and sponsors another shade of red. Overall the tonal balance is close to the original, which makes it less interesting but more recognisable.

So, crime or misdemeanour? You be the judge :)

Last edited:
This version of the Lowenbrau livery reminds me of the AG2R cycle team colours but I ended up here by a set of choices/changes rather than starting off trying for that. This LEC had fun written all over it with the theme, but it also reminded me of another LEC, where I tried to make a Prada livery based on a Zoolander-style pronouncement by their head honcho, about how they were making ugly beautiful: “Ugly is attractive, ugly is exciting. Maybe because it is newer,” she said. “The investigation of ugliness is, to me, more interesting than the bourgeois idea of beauty. And why? Because ugly is human.” :lol: I’ve seen little evidence of this in practice, but at the time I tried (and failed) to imagine a livery that Prada would design if they actually followed this brief rather than the rather chic restraint they’re associated with. Let’s try again.

First attempts at this LEC were less than encouraging:

The choices then became how do I improve this? Purple went silver, because it had to be distinct from the other colours and shine. I really wanted blue but couldn’t get a metallic blue shiny enough, another challenge to come back to.
The primary colours had to contrast more, went burgundy/chocolate on the sides to move it to the red end of the spectrum, so the other main colour had to be light and I chose blue, numbers and sponsors another shade of red. Overall the tonal balance is close to the original, which makes it less interesting but more recognisable.

So, crime or misdemeanour? You be the judge :)
I think the yellow one is terrific, great entry both ways though.

Livery Link
I also have original, non colour swapped versions in my gallery ;).

If there a company/organisation renowned for the colour of their racing liveries, then Spoon Sports would be up there. The signature combination of Honda's Sunlight/Phoenix Yellow, and their custom blue for their race cars, stick out due to the contrast of the two colours. Naturally that was something I wanted to maintain when colour swapping, and the more garish the better. I'd say the latter was certainly achieved though admittedly I quite like how it's turned out :lol:. Tested out different colour filters on a few photos in Inkscape, and tried a few combinations before settling on the pink and mint green combo above. Livery in question is based on one of Spoons N1 Super Taikyu S2000's from circa 2000.

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytracing

BONUS PICS

I didn't think I was going to make it in time. I love Brumos 59, so I decided on the '19 Le Mans RSR Replica. The alt and OG colorway is available in my gallery if you want. Also, I recreated one of my favorite helmet designs if anyone is interested. It's Pilet's rusty Brumos design from 2019 as well. I included some pics and direct link in the spoiler.

Awesome work guys I'm loving these colorways!

Helmet

I was going to submit something trully hideous for this, but I simply couldn't get the amount of credits necessary to secure a MP4/4, which was mandatory for the shock, terror and disgust I was aiming for.

This game really doesn't respect player's time.

Poll is live, good luck everyone! :cheers:

Back