Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
YOUR HEROES
full

Image courtesy of Knapyboy

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Finally one of my own suggestions was chosen by someone, so thanks for that @996rick :cheers: :D

So many drivers across the globe have acquired their own fanbase and no matter what or where they drive these fans support them. My task for you guys and girls is to take a livery that was driven by one of your personal racing heroes or imagine one that he could have driven based on personal sponsors or whatever else comes to your mind when you think of your favourite racer.

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS:
  • Any

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs or replicas

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Livery must have some sort of relationship with a specific racing driver. Adapted liveries from non-car-racing are perfectly fine.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • A picture with the driver in his suit and with his helmet would be nice to see

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • Winners cannot enter their own theme!
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

January 31st, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

Last edited:
Zealous rejoicing. I know what I'm doing for this LEC.

An easy driver choice to make for me personally.

Not so easy executing the design I have in mind though.

A lot of decals to make from scratch, lots of stuff to draw.

Really will be a challenge.

Don't know if I can get it all done.

I hope so.

Zealous rejoicing. I know what I'm doing for this LEC.

An easy driver choice to make for me personally.

Not so easy executing the design I have in mind though.

A lot of decals to make from scratch, lots of stuff to draw.

Really will be a challenge.

Don't know if I can get it all done.

I hope so.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you make.
I’ve started mine, but I think the race suit and helmet for the driver will be harder than the livery 😂

I’m looking forward to seeing what you make.
I’ve started mine, but I think the race suit and helmet for the driver will be harder than the livery 😂
I was so disappointed in the suit choices, I was unable to do a suit for the Peter Haley BMW. Good luck!

FINAL ENTRY

SEBASTIAN VETTEL - SAVE THE BEES - RETRO F1 CAR
PS4 Pro

The World needs more people like Sebastian Vettel.

You're all probably aware but just a bit of background. Over the past few years, Sebastian Vettel has been pushing to improve biodiversity and one of those initiatives has been the construction of Bee hotels in Asturias, Austria with the help of Children from local Primary schools. At the Austrian Grand Prix in 2022, Sebastian adorned a helmet design promoting his campaign, which this livery replicates.

Keep supporting the Bee’s they’re ever so important to all of our ecosystems 🐝

Fun one this as not many of the logos existed, so had to do a bit of work on the old Illustrator. :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
There were so many motorsport heroes to choose from Schumacher, McRae, Burns etc, but I decided to go for a legend who got me into watching MotoGP and who also famously supports the same football team as me. Mr VR46 himself Valentino Rossi.
My design is based on his 2018 Movistar Yamaha (see below)
I nearly scrapped this design in favour of my Hoonigan Cosworth in memory of the late Ken Block, but decided to just have the cossie in the background of one of my bonus pics instead.

Livery Link

FINAL ENTRY

VR46 VGT FERRARI

PS4 Base

Might not keep this but as soon as I saw @Nerazzurri 's effort I had to get this one finished.

Thought process on this was if VGT racing was real there would definitely be a series and who else to bring the viewers in than the person who got me into motorsport Valentino Rossi

Ive gone heavy on the stickers and styling as it is more in keeping with VR46 but have tried to incorporate his current Moto GPs team livery.

The helmet and suit liveries are not mine so credit to those creators to help complete the look

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

full
full

BONUS PICS

full
full

PS5 RAYTRACING​
I don't follow that much motorsports on 4 wheels occasionally a F1 race or SuperGT shorts. However I love motorracing and am a huge MotoGP fan. I liked Rossi but was even more fan of Stoner and Gibernau. But with motorracing another huge event comes by... The Dakar Rally.

My dad used to have a large photo of Peterhansel in his room on a Yamaha Tenere somewhere in Africa. The adventure, the toughness.. Those were real heroes. It was one of the reasons I wanted my one bike and reason why I'm riding. Peterhansel is an absolute Dakar legend and now competes with cars. I really wanted to do one of his motor liveries but they weren't exiting enough. I also made a promise to myself I will never do a Red Bull/Monster livery ever (as well as Gulf or Martini lol), so I came with this BMW livery he drove in 2010. It was a X3 but figured the pattern would look nice on a road machine such as this. To the real heroes, the bikers of the Dakar.

I really struggled coming up with an idea for this one. Simple fact is, I don't watch much auto racing, and I don't really have any racing heros per se. I guess I'd rather just race myself than watch it. So I looked back to my earliest racing memories for inspiration. Who remembers the Wacky Races and Penelope Pitstop? When it comes to my childhood and racing, this was IT! Hope y'all like it, I had a blast working on this one. Thanks @huff for the "W" decal!

compactpussycatani.gif

Last edited:
Final Entry

In my alternate reality, Senna survived the Imola crash and went on to get his 5 World Titles, equalling Fangio. After that, he decided to enjoy racing, doing Le Mans, Indy 500 and everything else in between. In 1997, his first attempt at Le Mans, saw him coming back to a Marlboro sponsored McLaren. Even though French tobacco sponsorship regulations were pretty limited already, Marlboro couldn't resist having Senna onboard a McLaren car with their colors once again.

Fernando Alonso entered Formula 1 as rookie in 2001 with Minardi when I was 7 years old. I have been a fan since day one and he was my hero right throughout my childhood. I aspired to work in Formula 1 and dreamt of one day having the chance to be a part of his team, hoping that I would be able to help contribute to his success. This dream lead me to pursue both a bachelor and masters degree in engineering and whilst my career path lead me in a different direction, I still have him to thank for providing me with a goal with which to pursue. I have been incredibly grateful for the joy in which witnessing his success has provided me in the early years of his career and whilst the latter stages have been less fruitful, I still marvel at his level of talent and competitiveness, not only in Formula 1 but also Indycar, WEC, IMSA and Dakar. In 2016 I was stood trackside in Melbourne between turns 2 and 3 when only a few metres from me Fernando crashed and rolled his McLaren. I have pieces of his car in my souvenir collection and I was on the verge of tears from the shock and fear that I had lost my hero right before my eyes. To this day, my laptop wallpaper is a picture of him crouched outside his car minutes after the crash. A few years latter a girl I was was tutoring asked me about the picture on my laptop and what it meant. We became friends and for my birthday she gave me a model car of the exact one Fernando had crashed in front of me. I burst into tears that she took so much notice of the story I had shared with her and because of how much that car meant to me. A couple of years latter, I married her. I love Fernando so much for what he has given me in my life and I am so grateful for how many years I have been able to watch him drive.

Last edited:
If I think back to my youth, there's not really a driver that I admired as much as Colin McRae.
Big fan of rally and his driving style was just amazing, plus the guy was quite the character.
I was going to skip this round again, like the previous one, but suddenly I had an idea for a entry.

I was going to try and blend his 3 most famous liveries into one car, the Subaru.
Took a while, and the final part, the backside, I even had to do 3 times all over again because the PS5 just wouldn't save the end result (rendering 0% without any progress).

FINAL ENTRY
Porsche 911 GT3 "H-J Stuck Edition"
- PS4 base -

Sparkling white stars on a dark blue ground – this legendary helmet design was my inspiration. In 1969 a full face helmet was quite innovative and German racing driver Hans-Joachim Stuck, nicknamed “Strietzel” (= streetsel), wanted to give his brand-new headgear an individual look. His girlfriend Mucki had the idea to cut out stars from white adhesive foil and to decorate the blue helmet and created in such a way one of the most distinctive designs of motorsport history

Stuck won his first 24 hours race at the wheel of a BMW 2002ti touring car when he was 19 years old in 1970. He also was very successful racing the BMW 3.0 CSL “Batmobile” in 1974 and 1975, Formula 2, Formula 1, won 24 h of Le Mans with a Porsche 962.

As a tribute to this legendary driver let us say Porsche wanted to release a 911 GT3 “H.-J. Stuck Limited Edition”. Simple but distinctive – hope you like the livery.

I am totally surprised about the stunning resemblance of the original hero and my avatar.

Last edited:
Back