• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 64 comments
FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

full
PS5 Raytracing

Bonus pics will follow and I will color the rims (somehow its blurry in this color..?). The cat might need some work too.
Anyway, I wanted to do this for a while, the original car is a fierce tiger, so a baby version with a red kitten would be funny (also I like the tongue in cheeks, such as with huff's racing number haha). It was really hard to find a good reference pic for it so I went with Midjourney and use AI for a nice sideview pic of the kitten and vectorized it. I'm not really happy with it but will be off for 4 weeks soon with vacation so at least I have an entry now haha.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The Mini Viper

PS5 Raytracing

I chose to go with The Iconic Le Mans-Winning 2000 ORECA PlayStation Viper GTS-R but in its mini version the cappuccino always looked to me like a baby viper with a lot of the same basic lines so why not go with it.

Last edited:

Being this a kei car from Honda, it seemed fitting to go with something motorcycle inspired. I couldn't get a pure replica of the 2023 design, so I went with something derived, with the same colors and sponsors, bar the Red Bull and the chain supplier.

repsol-honda-team-bike-livery-1.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 Base

My first entry. I looked at the Kei cars we could choose from, trying to decide what race car I wanted to recreate. The Honda Beat looked a little "Dodge"-y to me and when I think of Dodge racecars, my mind automatically jumps to NASCAR's Bill Elliott. However, when I started building the livery I didn't realize I couldn't paint the Beat's soft top and had to choose a different car. The Cappuccino Copen's rounded lines still felt like a mid-2000s era Dodge sedan, and the thought of a K-car painted to look like a big ol' V8 engine stock car still cracked me up, so I went with it.

This car is a tribute to Awesome Bill from Dawsonville's last Cup Series win, which came at Rockingham 20 years ago. Instead of a straight-up recreation, I 'tried' to make the Cappuccino Copen look like little brother trying to wear big brother's clothes by over-sizing the decals to make them look like they overflowing, but I don't think I was as successful as I would like. I wish the roll cage was a little more prominent on this car like it is on some of the other K-cars so you could see it in the back window like you can a real stock car. I also wish I could have found a NASCAR-appropriate track scape that would also let me show off the roof, hood and rear deck decals a little better, but oh well. Now to soup this baby up and take it out on Daytona to see what kind of speed I can get!

Last edited:
As with the black and white competition, I can no longer access my livery to finish it...

Coincidentally, this was also a mostly black and white livery.

1681411174727.png

edit:

Right, I wasn't going to bother to remake it, but I did...

Last edited:
Since there's no M1 in the game, there's no proper bonus picture.

It's another one of those cars that never seemed to race the same livery design twice, and the all the pictures of the 1/18th don't seem to match any race photos, so it's a bit of a mashup.

bmw-m1-procar-cassani-racing-goodwood-01022019.jpg

The stuff on the car are pieces of UHER equipment, namely a CR240 Cassette Recorder, and an EG740 Tuner.

FINAL ENTRY

NFS Team Schubert Honda S660 #77

PS4 Standard
The NFS Team Schubert Z4 #77 was one of my favourite liveries to research and make, and I submitted it for the Nurburgring 24h LEC. I decided to challenge myself and use a car that has a completely different shape, different proportions, and it was definitely a challenge. In hindsight the Cappucino might have been a closer match, but I love the way the livery translates anyway!

Hmm. I have a Takata Dome '03 Beat somewhere already...

25 minutes to deadline edit: Crap. It's in Sport and on another account.
I thought the same last night and pressured myself to finish... then realised the deadline is actually today! Plenty of time left @Famine

Back