Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Imposter Alert
full

Livery and photo courtesy of @MidnightRun85

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Something's wrong this month but I can't quite say what it is. @MidnightRun85 sent in this month's theme via the suggestion form and @Gingerale didn't even blink when having the chance to choose it it seems :D Let's hear what Midnight has in storage for us:

"Like cursed liveries, imposter liveries claim to be something they're not. Unlike cursed liveries, these are loud and shouty "I'm a Lotus Elise!" liveries on blatantly NOT a Lotus Elise... I'd like to see original liveries which impersonate a factory-backed race team on a car which is clearly not from that manufacturer - the more far-fetched the better! Imagine you've been approached by a random manufacturer (preferably a brand not available in the game) for their new GT3 race car and cover that car in manufacturer logos and/or model names. Now choose a car which fits your vision and create an imposter! The less obvious a link, the better!"

CARS:
  • GR.3 Cars

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • -

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs only
  • Think along the lines of a Volvo-branded 458 Italia, or a Rimac-emblazoned GT-R
  • Preferably a title sponsor that's not in the game!

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Has to be made to race in any real life racing series (SuperGT, Super Taikyu, NLS, DTM, IGTC, IMSA, WEC,...)
  • "Wrong" Brand has to be the main sponsor → "Works Team Livery"

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • One bonus shot has to be taken from a racing scene

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

May 31, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

EDIT: Clarification on the rules
MidnightRun85
The brief is to basically create a new, original (ie. Not a replica) livery for a works brand, using a completely different car. I forgot that I'd stipulated Gr.3 cars originally, so ignore my comment earlier about a "Toyota Crown Athlete wearing Lotus Racing livery"...

Example off the top of my head: Renault RS.01 GT3 dressed as a Tesla Model 3 GT3....

Last edited:
Just a note on this one guys, what I was thinking with this is blatantly incorrect liveries for the given car. Think along the lines of a Toyota Crown Athlete Supra GT3 wearing a Lotus racing livery, or a Ford F150 GT dressed up as a Mercedes DTM car. Something ridiculous like that.

Last edited:
Ah o wait i maybe had a wrong idea about this competition lol, I was already thinking about doing a Saleen/Spyker/Lister Storm livery on a GT3 car but its different.

Oh well like the idea anyway!

I don’t understand this point :
For example if I take Dodge, on a R8. The main sponsor has to be « Dodge » or something related with Dodge ? (Like Oreca, SRT etc…).

For example if I take Dodge, on a R8. The main sponsor has to be « Dodge » or something related with Dodge ? (Like Oreca, SRT etc…).
It must be a french thing, I don't understand it either :lol:

This is the way I understand it. Full send on the incorrect brand. Ferrari stickers all over a mini is an example.

This is the way I understand it. Full send on the incorrect brand. Ferrari stickers all over a mini is an example.
I thought the same, but the first entry (the Porsche calsonic) doesn’t respect this point. So that makes me doubt.

The way I interpreted this is that it's basically a sequel to the So Wrong It's Right competition from last year, but the description isn't very clear. The thumbnail image at the top gives it away though; it's the C7R racing livery I think on a Dodge Viper. If I was taking part in this challenge I wouldn't push the boat out too far from that and just make liveries in the same vein, like a Renault RS01 with the livery from the RCZ Gr.3 or the Calsonic livery as seen on Skylines but on a Mazda RX-Vision. However I think you can't do it within the same manufacturer, so I couldn't put the 787B livery on an Atenza, but that's just my interpretation of what I think the rules say. I'm not sure of the Calsonic livery RSR above, but that's because I know little about motorsport and have no idea if it's a real livery or a fictional Calsonic one. If it's the former it should be allowed.

The way I interpreted this is that it's basically a sequel to the So Wrong It's Right competition from last year, but the description isn't very clear. The thumbnail image at the top gives it away though; it's the C7R racing livery I think on a Dodge Viper. If I was taking part in this challenge I wouldn't push the boat out too far from that and just make liveries in the same vein, like a Renault RS01 with the livery from the RCZ Gr.3 or the Calsonic livery as seen on Skylines but on a Mazda RX-Vision. However I think you can't do it within the same manufacturer, so I couldn't put the 787B livery on an Atenza, but that's just my interpretation of what I think the rules say. I'm not sure of the Calsonic livery RSR above, but that's because I know little about motorsport and have no idea if it's a real livery or a fictional Calsonic one. If it's the former it should be allowed.

I thought that too when I looked at the pic but then it clearly states “No Replicas” so I’m going to park this until we get some clarification on it. Is the picture wrong or is it No Replicas?

And also it says it should scream that it is the Manufacturer it isn’t. So that would rule out the Dodge branding on a Dodge

Last edited:
:scared:
Looks like i've caused some debate..... but if you look at the header picture in the OP you can clearly see the Dodge logo on the hood instead of the Corvette skull thing. So in my opinion my Calsonic 911 fits (unless stated)
Thats my take on this..

Last edited:
:scared:
Looks like i've caused some debate..... but if you look at the header picture in the OP you can clearly see the Dodge logo on the hood instead of the Corvette skull thing. So in my opinion my Calsonic 911 fits (unless stated)
Thats my take on this..
I think you need some Nissan branding to bring it up to the rules. They state the title sponsor should be the incorrect brand. Love it btw.

My livery is based off the 2019 Calsoinc GT-R Super GT car, But most of the design is original. Sponser decal placement is as close to real but the rest is different.
I think you need some Nissan branding to bring it up to the rules. They state the title sponsor should be the incorrect brand. Love it btw.
Its a weird one i think.... as i stated the OP picture clearly shows Dodge branding on a C7 livery... :confused:
Thanks btw

This is for reference guys:
9DA72243-2D63-48D5-869A-2A1B1A34A1D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, thought I better jump in. First note: I didn't provide the header image, and that header image is a bit misleading. @Nuschel01 I can make something for that if it helps...

The brief is to basically create a new, original (ie. Not a replica) livery for a works brand, using a completely different car. I forgot that I'd stipulated Gr.3 cars originally, so ignore my comment earlier about a "Toyota Crown Athlete wearing Lotus Racing livery"...

Example off the top of my head: Renault RS.01 GT3 dressed as a Tesla Model 3 GT3....

Apologies for any confusion caused!

Last edited:
it's the C7R racing livery I think on a Dodge Viper
Again, I can't apologise enough for that car. And yes, I did put a Viper logo on the "hood" instead of a Corvette Racing one, specifically for making the livery even more jarring for that round.

The competition seems pretty simple to me though: put one manufacturer's factory livery, branding intact, on another manufacturer's car. Like a full factory Vauxhall Vectra BTCC on a Ford Mustang Gr.3 with Vauxhall branding and gryphon. My Vipette wouldn't work on that basis, because it would need to retain Chevrolet branding rather than the swap to Viper branding I made - and again, I apologise for that car. Also it's a Gr.4 car.

On that basis, @Slender_Man's Calsonic 911 wouldn't fit as Calsonic isn't a car manufacturer.

a Toyota Crown Athlete Supra GT3 wearing a Lotus racing livery
I think Toyota, which provides engines for the Elise/Evora/Emira, is a bit too close to Lotus. But then everyone's a bit too close to Lotus.

Also I'm pretty sure that Calsonic livery has been previously entered too, correct me if I'm wrong. Looks very familiar! 🤔

This isn't meant to discourage. It's a great looking livery!

Last edited:
Question: So, to clairfy:

• You can't replicate a livery, as in, even if the banner image kept all of the Corvette/Chevy logos and was on a Viper, that's still illegal because the livery is real.
  • The livery  must be an original design of your creation and not based on any real design.
  • The livery can't be themed/centered around a non-automotive company, so the Calsonic livery already posted is illegal.
  • The livery must prominently use manufacturer and car names/logos, but also  must not match the car it's applied to
That's the scope of the rules, correct?

• You can't replicate a livery, as in, even if the banner image kept all of the Corvette/Chevy logos and was on a Viper, that's still illegal because the livery is real.
  • The livery  must be an original design of your creation and not based on any real design.
  • The livery can't be themed/centered around a non-automotive company, so the Calsonic livery already posted is illegal.
  • The livery must prominently use manufacturer and car names/logos, but also  must not match the car it's applied to
Yes on all the above, but I'll accepr liveries loosely based on existing liveries. The emphasis being "loosely". If anyone has to ask, "Is that a replica of xxx?" Then it's not really an original. 👌

So yes, unfortunately @Slender_Man has posted an entry which doesn't conform to the rules. That said, it's a very cool livery and I'm planning on using it on my own RSR! (If he shares a link... 😉)

Last edited:
Deleted the post…

1- the livery wasn’t a replica.
2- was loosely based off a real car as in sponser placements
3- Calsonic Marelli make automotive parts
4-oh well it’s deleted now so it don’t matter

I’ve said my last bit in here now .. don’t really have time or interest in doing one now…

Last edited:
Ah o wait i maybe had a wrong idea about this competition lol, I was already thinking about doing a Saleen/Spyker/Lister Storm livery on a GT3 car but its different.

Oh well like the idea anyway!
Ah so this stuff is still on the board, however it can't be a replica?
Sounds cool! Hopefully got the time to do one.

Can a Volvo from V8 supercars made on a Genesis Gr.3 be entered? Or since it's a "replica" (or at least I tried), it does not fit the theme?

Edit: I did not see the "No replica part" and jumped on the hype of the C7. I'm sorry to ask.

Last edited:
Deleted the post…

1- the livery wasn’t a replica.
2- was loosely based off a real car as in sponser placements
3- Calsonic Marelli make automotive parts
4-oh well it’s deleted now so it don’t matter

I’ve said my last bit in here now .. don’t really have time or interest in doing one now…
But it was not branded Nissan (and has two Porsche sponsor). And that’s the issue.

Also I'm pretty sure that Calsonic livery has been previously entered too, correct me if I'm wrong. Looks very familiar! 🤔

This isn't meant to discourage. It's a great looking livery!
It’s possible. The livery was done three years ago in GTSport.

Last edited:
Back