Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Model Makers
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Time to get your hands dirty, we're going back to the Wirtschaftswunder times of the 1950s'. @lauriebeamont chose this theme for you which while a bit restrictive in car choice and setting still should allow for some very interesting designs.

CARS:
  • VW Sambabus

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Removal of the front logo is allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original or replica designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Rear side windows need to be blocked off
  • Must be a vintage 1950s' livery

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • -

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

August 16th, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

Nooooooo! just finished up a livery on the old T1 only to find out it's a early 60's design...

Sad times...
For a second I told myself I had already something almost ready, but it's based on what happened since the mid 80's so I'll have to think about something else! :D

Nooooooo! just finished up a livery on the old T1 only to find out it's a early 60's design...

Sad times...
The time restriction isn't super harsh, I just want to see stuff that has that basic yet striking vintage feel to it without being too crazy.

Great theme! I based this one off a conglomeration of old PBR delivery trucks. I even made a few of the decals myself.. a huge feat for me. First time I've ever run out of decals on windows before, never imagined that ever happening. 1844 might not seem like much to the rest of the world, but in America that's an old brewery. I'll get a download link up soon.

"Chez Pipo" is a restaurant in Nice, Alpes-Maritimes in France (my hometown), where you can eat many local specialities, one of them being the socca, a kind of pancake cooked in a wood oven, and made of chickpea flour, olive oil and water.
With salt and pepper, this is absolutely delicious! 🤤

Screenshot_20230802-134113.png

This restaurant was established in 1923 so I imagined an old van bought by the owner a long time ago.

"Aquì si mangia la socca" means "here you eat the socca" in our local language, the "Nissart".

The address is correct, so if you ever come to Nice, enjoy your stay and have a try to the socca and the pissaladièra! 😎

The plate has a fantasy numbers and letters combination but looks like what they used to at the time, and the 06 in the end is the actual number for the Alpes-Maritimes. 📝
And next to the rear plate you can find the eagle of the "Countéa de Nissa" and the former logo of OGC Nice, the local football club, established in 1904.

Clean livery

Rusty livery

Disclaimer : I don't know the owner and I don't own any participation in the business! :D

Last edited:
"Chez Pipo" is a restaurant in Nice, Alpes-Maritimes in France (my hometown), where you can eat many local specialities, one of them being the socca, a kind of pancake cooked in a wood oven, and made of chickpea flour, olive oil and water.
With salt and pepper, this is absolutely delicious! 🤤

This restaurant was established in 1923 so I imagined an old van bought by the owner a long time ago.

"Aquì si mangia la socca" means "here you eat the socca" in our local language, the "Nissart".

The address is correct, so if you ever come to Nice, enjoy your stay and have a try to the socca and the pissaladièra! 😎

The plate has a fantasy numbers and letters combination but looks like what they used to at the time, and the 06 in the end is the actual number for the Alpes-Maritimes. 📝
And next to the rear plate you can find the eagle of the "Countéa de Nissa" and the former logo of OGC Nice, the local football club, established in 1904.

Clean livery

Rusty livery

Disclaimer : I don't know the owner and I don't own any participation in the business! :D
If this wins we all get an invite to Nice???? 🙄

I'd prefer to see the clean livery entered considering the theme intends period correct liveries. A at the time basically new van would never look like that.

I'd prefer to see the clean livery entered considering the theme intends period correct liveries. A at the time basically new van would never look like that.
the-joker-heath-ledger.gif

while a bit restrictive in car choice and setting still should allow for some very interesting designs.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Rear side windows need to be blocked off
  • Must be a vintage 1950s' livery
I see nowhere written the car had to be brand new as if we were in the 50's.
"Must be a vintage 1950's livery" and indeed it is.

I've put so much time and effort to do it like it is I would be gutted if I had to change it now!

we're going back to the Wirtschaftswunder times of the 1950s'.
I thought this was clarification enough about the time frame of the liveries.
To be honest I'm also not a big fan of the two liveries with modern and massively oversized wheels.

I guess next time I have to narrow down restrictions 10 times more.

I thought this was clarification enough about the time frame of the liveries.
To be honest I'm also not a big fan of the two liveries with modern and massively oversized wheels.

I guess next time I have to narrow down restrictions 10 times more.
Once again I do think the time frame of my livery is the 50's, but I do understand it wasn't what you had in mind.

If it was only a question of wheel size (and I agree with you on this point) I would change it in a second!
But in my mind, my van HAD TO BE from the 50's and look like if it comes from that time, and I think it does...

That's why I choose an even older "company", why there's no sport exhaust, no big wheels, no special effect painting or colors...

I was already satisfied with the clean livery, but as I had time for it, I thought it would be a nice addition to make it like this, and as it is my first time trying to do a rusty livery like this, please understand I would be upset to delete everything and the hours of "work" it needed...

But in the end, you and @lauriebeamont decide what is allowed and what is not, so if you want my entry to be the clean version I'll do it, but in this case I'd like it to be (even more) clearly specified in the beginning.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Pro

Linde VW T1 Panel Van

Well GT lovers this is my fist post ...
My psn account is shared with my girl...thats why it will show Diana !!! Sorry mates...but it i am the creator!
GT7
GTsport

Can the logo be older than 1950?

Edit: Never mind, the logo I have was used from '30 to '70. So, I'm good.

Last edited:
Been quite a while since i've entered but i finally had time and an idea for this theme.
Be sure to check out the extra photo's, I went all out and also created a race car from the 50's in that theme.

Back