The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #30 (Transporter Business) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 55 comments
I've asked @Sian to change his entry to a clean version
Ok so your "I'd prefer to see the clean version" was actually an order and everything I said, explaining it was pretty unclear it was forbidden to do a rusty livery was totally unheard... :scared:
I don't even know what @lauriebeamont (who's advice might be interesting) thinks about it...

I guess you have a lot of work running all this LEC things and I'll never blame you forgetting some details like this but I thought what wasn't clearly forbidden would finally be allowed at least once, even if it wasn't what you expected in the beginning...

Call it the "Sian rusty case" if you want but next time please tell us clearly if we can do it or not when we talk about old cars, and the "next time" is ongoing with the current LEC and you didn't answer my question and told us if we could or couldn't.

Nothing personal of course, I respect you for all the time and efforts you put in running the LECs, like I used to respect Cytoria at the time, I couldn't do it myself!
I'm not a native English speaker, maybe I didn't understand exactly what you meant, so I think it might be a good thing to precise this in the future : allowed or not allowed.
It would prevent us from being in this situation again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've asked @Sian to change his entry to a clean version so I'm asking you as well :dopey:
Hi there Gt mate...soo you want a clean version?...is that? the rules wont say nothing about clean or rust and the linde rusty livery actualy exist in reality check the web is a well known van eheheh... and if you check the hall of fame you will see rusty or dirty liverys. (even you can add that effect just easy when you take a picture - but my livery\picture dont have that...) i think the purpose of this is to do art...thats it! but if you really want it clean you can download it and change it.... i dont want to be a smartass but can you imagine saying to change something to a artist?....even paying?....a real one you know what it would say to you mate!.... ehehehe

PS you are an artist....you have alot of hours doing them... but you dont have one rusty ...why?... personal taste? like me i dont have one livery full off adds.... eheheh but i know lots of people acctualy love them!

Last edited:
Throwing my two cents into the talk of clean liveries versus a bit of patina, the tl;dr is that it's Nuschels submission so if it's supposed to be clean, it should be clean... but it is fair to say that since it's not really been expressly stated whether patina/aging/damage is or isn't allowed in the past, it should really be stated if it is the case (or not).

I note looking back over the last 100 or so LEC's in the Hall of Fame thread, that generally aged/distressed liveries don't make it to the podium unless it's a key part of the theme, but I'm surprised it hasn't come up sooner to be honest. The way I see it (as someone that doesn't really make such liveries), is that while it obviously does take skill and thought to do well, it's not really part of the design of the car, it's not really part of the livery - it's more something that's done to the livery to impart additional character to the entry. Granted, these days it's not hard to find examples of people intentionally making a car look distressed in the real world and IS therefore part of the design, but in this specific case, I wouldn't imagine that during a time of economic boom in the 1950's, that that's what people were doing.

Like I say, just my two cents.

I have an entry in mind, still not really able to make decals, but might bite the bullet on that one shortly.

Internet has given a voice to every one, not that everybody should exercise that right but here is my view:
-the instructions can be made clearer and the intent of the final livery. Lots of -do this, not this helps when the task is more then basic.
-is there a better location that would also have a better view of the car? 99% of the time the roof area is not shown. Of course these can be in spoilers but in my mind they should be shown in the two first photos.

My view of the rusty van is, that it would have looked better without the rust but is allowed to participate in the task because it was not banned in the instructions.

-is there a better location that would also have a better view of the car? 99% of the time the roof area is not shown. Of course these can be in spoilers but in my mind they should be shown in the two first photos.
There was a discussion thread for this a while ago, suggestions and discussions are better placed there.

Every year, the world famous "Tour de France" reunite the best pro cycling competitors and teams, for a "trip" across French roads and cities.

There always have been extra activities, around what we call "la caravane du Tour" (branding cars and entertainment), following them during the entire competition.
Yvette HORNER, a famous French "accordéoniste", played every night on the "Tour de France", from 1952 to 1963.
In 1948, she was the first lady to win the Accordeon World Cup.

I choose the "Tour de France" because it is well known for this kind of Business Transporter.
And this kind of entertainment was very popular in the 50's in France.
I randomly searched some branded vans in the "Tour de France", during the 50's, and found this Peugeot D3A used by Yvette Horner.

75 881 units of the Peugeot D3A & D4A were produced from 1950 to 1965.
The number 3 was for the 3 speed gearbox, and the number 4... 😅

"Strange thing" : The text was not 100% similar on both sides...

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4108.jpeg
    IMG_4108.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 Base
Schwan's started in 1952 delivering ice cream in Marshall, Minnesota.
full

full

In the late 70's through mid 80's, the company my step mother worked for had a Labor Day company picnic where Schwan's trucks would feed you ice cream till you puked. Good times.

Now delivering to rural lakeside towns near you!
full

Never mind the modern van in the background.
full

First thought about a Twinkie van then found an M2 Machine dicast that was perfect but the Twinkie the Kid mascot wasn't used untill 1970'ish.

So, this is based on a real vehicle (roughly), fairly straight forward except for using a special paint with masks to get the gold detail on the period BMW badge.

van.png

Back