The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #32 (Ad Block Installed) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 40 comments
I hope we'll have some more entries to this LEC...
As it says on the back of my car...

1694811837401.png

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
Just before this LEC I'd sprung for the Barker tourer, looked for something to put on it, and found the Hannibal Twin 8 from the Blake Edwards film 'The Great Race', so... Apparently there was a real New York to Paris race in 1908; the film is dedicated to Laurel and Hardy, but it also has a cartoonish feel to it. Jack Lemon hams it up as the villain Professor Fate, who, with his sidekick Max, gadget laden car and schemes which always backfire, was the inspiration for Dick Dastardly in Wacky Racers (Mutley replacing Max).

There's a short article here:
https://www.nostalgiahighway.com/home/fatefully-driven-the1966-hannibal-8

I imagined this as Fate's next car, The Hannibal Twin 9 :). There's twice as many 'ice melters' on the front (I thought 'what the hell, the film production was cartoonish, I'll go for it"), and if you look close a cannon and a few steam-punkish touches, hoping to get together some plumbing decals to add a bit to that.

Next time please wait a little before posting a masterpiece like that, I'm pretty sure you discouraged a lot of people with your entry, the FIRST entry! :lol:

Animated GIF

:D seriously though, everything's ****** at the moment, hence I'm not really taking part much at the moment.

Latest Posts

Back