Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Pun not intended
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Wordplays incoming. Last LEC's winner @ringkurier chose this theme that was initially proposed by @Hayden via the Suggestion From. Let's hear what he had to say back then:

"Double Entendres, they’re undeniably hilarious. Especially if, like me, you’re a dad.
Funnily, the business world is full of companies which have very clever (or not) pun names, and your challenge this time is to make a race car for them. The company can be real or fictional, it can be on whatever car you like, but it needs to involve a double entendre, and bonus points if it’s actually funny.
"

CARS:
  • Any

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Road cars must have racing car mods

LIVERIES:
  • Original or replica designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Liveries where the main sponsor is a brand with a pun name

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • -

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

January 31st, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

This one was my idea, after seeing an ad for roof seal… a local roof repairer that uses this cute fellow as a mascot.
5FCE7D96-29EB-4365-814D-676810995346.jpeg

If you’re after ideas, there’s some good ones at this link:

As I've said before, the header image is not necessarily representative of the theme for the simple reason I'm not going to spend more than 5 minutes on it! I was going to go with the "trans" am, but I didn't know how that would go down.
That’s fair

1000019092.jpg

I present you Farmer Meier. He's the second largest Farmer for onions and garlics in the southern part of your neighbor county.

As he plans to become the biggest onion and garlic farmer in your neighbor county, he started to sponsor race cars in the 70s.

Some say, he still is the 2nd largest, but at least he did honest marketing work.

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt7...5d-93a17f250b21/gallery/All/19422861862430577

Last edited:
I have an idea that's needlessly time consuming and likely not very good... time for me to fan the flames of procrastination and avoid doing any of my main projects by getting back into the LEC.

EDIT:

I'll add that in order to come up with a slogan, I turned to AI, upon a fairly simply prompt that didn't even include the intended punny names, it gave me a load of suggestions that would also have worked, so if you're struggling for ideas, try AI...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Only Pans Kitchenware sponsor Colin Unsworth Motorsport's entry into the BTCC, presented by Verti-Go Air Travel, and H.A.R. Fast Logistics.

So this is a bit of an AI effort. Only Pans I just thought might be funny, so I asked AI to draw a slightly suggestive image a woman with a great pair of pans, and then auto-traced it into 50+ pieces to place on the car. AI then provided three slogans for the brand.

Verti-Go was a suggestion for a travel company by AI, H.A.R. Fast Logistics (as in half-arsed if English homonyms don't translate well) was my idea, but in both cases I asked an AI logo maker to do a logo, then used that as inspiration to draw one of my own.

After that, I couldn't be arsed to really work on the livery.

Wish I had come up with this parody for the 24hr Lemons LEC. For those not in the US, Lowe's is a big box home improvement store. Hopefully this fits the theme ok, I had a hard time coming up with an idea. And in case you haven't given it a try, I can't recommend doing the engine swap on the Integra enough. Sheesh, it seems like one of my fastest cars now.

I had an Idea for this edition of the contest, but I guess it contained a wee bit too much double entendres...

Just turned on my PS4 a and got an information, that I violated the PS code of conduct... :lol:

(just in case, that somebody wants to know: it had somethimg to to do with the Big Willow/Big Willie race track and it's shape and the french company Le Coq Sportif as additional sponsor...)

FINAL ENTRY

full

full

PS4 Base

full

Just an ad truck for driving around the larger cities (massive tax write off) to entice people to travel to the newly opened Hooters
Franchise in the small town of Happy.

With a slight nod to a 1982 Dolly Parton film about a place in TX. Double barrel sling shot not included.

Tried several WA town names but nothing really worked. Sekiu, Cle Elum, Republic, maybe Cashmere ( who doesn't like Hooters in Cashmere? )but nothing as good as Happy. It's in the motto for cry'n out load. And with Texas it had to be a truck.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

full

full

PS4 Base

full

Just an add truck for driving around the larger cities (massive tax write off) to entice people to travel to the newly opened Hooters
Franchise in the small town of Happy.

With a slight nod to a 1982 Dolly Parton film about a place in TX. Double barrel sling shot not included.

Tried several WA town names but nothing really worked. Sekiu, Cle Elum, Republic, maybe Cashmere ( who doesn't like Hooters in Cashmere? )but nothing as good as Happy. It's in the motto for cry'n out load. And with Texas it had to be a truck.

I know this is an easy out but I can't force funny. Also looked at Klean Strip Premium Stripper, paint stripper. I had something original that never turned out. Fall back was to use a real company.

FINAL ENTRY
Coronabird NASCAR ´70
PS5 RAYTRACING

Did not find my old marketing book with a list of real pun companies/products. First was thinking of slogan -Nothing sucks like Electrolux. It really did not adapt to what i was going for, so i decided to go with corona beer. Tried to do 70´s retro look. And that is how Coronabird was born.

Are we leaving this to the end of the month before moving on to the next LEC
or is anyone available to post a poll and a new LEC?

Last edited:
Are we leaving this to the end of the month before moving on to the next LEC
or is anyone available to post a poll and a new LEC?

I really have no idea or inspiration for this contest so I still won't enter even though it's going in overtime.

But is this a conclusion that the LEC's are dead now??

I can't speak for @Nuschel01, but having been somewhat involved with the organisation of the LECs, I would say that if anyone else wants to pick up the mantle of posting the themes and the polls I'm sure it would be more or a relief for Nuschel than it would be an injury!

As much as not only interest, but also available time can wane for competitors, I'm sure it can (I know it can) for organisers.
I gave my LEC idea to @Nuschel01 for the next one but it would appear life got busy
I'm pretty sure the next theme is ready to go, I'll post it up in a few hours.

Back