The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments
I wasn't too keen on circuit experience as a learning device, well specifically the split section parts. When it comes to learning a track you learn by repetition, or at least I do, so getting a fail on the second corner and having to go through restarts, losing your flow and potentially not even seeing corner 6 for another few minutes doesn't really help me learn. By the time you got to the last test with the full circuit, you forgot how you took the first corner from the first test because it was so long ago, and you only did it once or twice.

I would much rather just freely do laps of the circuit, get times deleted for messing up, and get into a rhythm lapping the circuits.

The only way the corner by corner learning would work is if they actually programmed an AI in the passenger seat who told you how to approach each corner, not just in text in the pre-race menu.

That's why this is the most helpful for beginners.

With best line aids off, improve this by maybe adding a countdown when to brake.

I wasn't too keen on circuit experience as a learning device, well specifically the split section parts. When it comes to learning a track you learn by repetition, or at least I do, so getting a fail on the second corner and having to go through restarts, losing your flow and potentially not even seeing corner 6 for another few minutes doesn't really help me learn. By the time you got to the last test with the full circuit, you forgot how you took the first corner from the first test because it was so long ago, and you only did it once or twice.

I would much rather just freely do laps of the circuit, get times deleted for messing up, and get into a rhythm lapping the circuits.

The only way the corner by corner learning would work is if they actually programmed an AI in the passenger seat who told you how to approach each corner, not just in text in the pre-race menu.
for me circuit experience was very hapefull to learn tracks (especially longers) or this one tricky corner you have problem with but would be even better if we have also possibility to run segment of tracks wit chosen cars

We have that with Time Trial. Only thing is, in GTS, players need to level up.

When first installing the game, there are 19 free cars available to choose. From the N100 MX-5 ND all the way up to Gr.1 LMPs. Once the updates are installed, those car chiices dwindle down to a handful.

Making all cars and tracks available for players to learn the circuits should also be unlocked during that learning process.

It's funny, when doing driving school, players do the stop start, various cornering and a final "use what you've learned" one lap dash.
All that can be one in multiple laps around a circuit.

ACC have such a test when beginning a Career. You're part of the Lamborghini Junior program and drive around Monza in the dry, wet and at night. Main objective is to drive cleanly and bring the car back to the pits without damage. Posting a quick time, is not as important as learning to be smooth and consistent.

I would like to see PD not have so much learning revolve around how fast one has to be. Those clean race/lap bonuses should be higher on the achievements list.

I think the only way I'd like those partial circuit tests is if they could use some nifty programming so that it just loops the piece of track chosen in real time, no loading. Having to go through menus, the loading, 3....2...1 every single time just kills your flow.

I think the only way I'd like those partial circuit tests is if they could use some nifty programming so that it just loops the piece of track chosen in real time, no loading. Having to go through menus, the loading, 3....2...1 every single time just kills your flow.
very fast ssd will for sure help but btw in gt sport you only need to load track once and other segment of track you can select imidietly

One I hope they don't do, improve the graphical detail on the car models. Focus instead on track backgrounds and model optimization.
There could be further visual details to improve on GT Sport's car models, but they look already just about perfect. There's glitchy problems, but that's what I mean by visual optimization. Just work on any quirks found within the modelling such as polygonal errors.

Also, I'm sick of developers constantly going back and starting all over again with car models where I have to wait years for potentially some of my favorite cars to appear again.

One I hope they don't do, improve the graphical detail on the car models. Focus instead on track backgrounds and model optimization.
There could be further visual details to improve on GT Sport's car models, but they look already just about perfect. There's glitchy problems, but that's what I mean by visual optimization. Just work on any quirks found within the modelling such as polygonal errors.

Also, I'm sick of developers constantly going back and starting all over again with car models where I have to wait years for potentially some of my favorite cars to appear again.
If their data gathering is as thorough as it seems, I'm hoping what they've done for the past several years is simply gather extremely detailed data for every car they scan, then pare it down to whatever the console can handle. That way it can easily be scaled up when hardware improves over time. For example we've seen some impressive detail in GT7's trailers and I'm hoping that instead of remodeling cars to achieve that they simply cranked up the polygons or textures or whatever. Lighting is an area where all games are improving massively and even GT5's models could benefit greatly from new lighting systems. This way they wouldn't waste a bunch of time on car data they've had for years and instead can focus on new content.

- continuous menu music. Please don’t stop/change the song when going between menues, just let the music play continuously in the background.

- please don’t copy/paste the current Online Lobby search menu. It needs a complete rework. Please let us lock in certain search fields so we don’t have to reselect the same options over and over when going between lobbies.

- in the Discover Center, when searching for various things, please don’t sort them only by date added. It is beyond annoying to have to tab over 100 times to find a decal that was added to the game 2 years ago.

- please don’t put number panels on every road car in career and arcade mode races. Or at least give us the option to turn them off. It completely ruins using the AI for photo opportunities.

- please don’t lock aftermarket wheels behind some random weekly lottery. Paints, poses, safety cars, I’m ok with those things, but the system for wheels is balls.

- please get rid of the daily workout prize, or at least let us sell the car if it’s our 20th copy of the same thing.

- please don’t lock aftermarket wheels behind some random weekly lottery. Paints, poses, safety cars, I’m ok with those things, but the system for wheels is balls.
Let's see that now GT Auto is put back on focus again.
- please get rid of the daily workout prize, or at least let us sell the car if it’s our 20th copy of the same thing.
Well Daily Workout Prize isn't at fault, it's how GT now doesn't allow players to sell prize cars unlike the earlier GT.

Wheels don’t appear to be locked, but for cars that PD deem(or whatever licensing deal disallows certain wheels on certain cars) the wheels don’t ”fit”.

Things I don't want to see;

1. Credit cap (maximum amount of credits that one can save up)
2. Inability to change wheels on cars that previously were able to (I will never forget how the Z33 S-Tune and Z-Tune lost the ability to install aftermarket wheels between GT5 and GT6)
3. Rolling starts. (Apart from the license tests and mission races, maybe)

Excuse me if it has been said already. Not in the mood of reading hundreds of posts to find out. :D

I definitely don’t want car specific wheel selection to return. Just give us all wheels for all cars. Maybe with correctly modeled lugs, if it is a 4-lug car why model the wheel as 5-lug?

Daily workout gift. This mecanic can't work with a good game progression. Or they can make it exclusive to "cosmetics" like helmets, paint chips...

That's why this is the most helpful for beginners.

With best line aids off, improve this by maybe adding a countdown when to brake.

This is indeed very close to the most helpful way for beginner to improve their ability, not just in game, but also in real life tracks. The very best would be driving the same car with the same setup right in front of the beginner, and wait for the beginner when he falls behind (instead of having blast on their own). Still this is miles better than the distant second, which is help analyzing/comparing the logs from various data loggers (AiM Solo, VBOX, etc) + make and provide the log of fast lap on a same car + occasional real-time coaching on a passenger seat.

I am really enjoying this game on so many levels but the Roulette wheel really annoys me. I have spun it 15 or more times and won 5,000 every single time.

It is not that the 5,000 is bolted on each time that bothers me it is as others have suggested, it is the way PD choose to slap my face every single time with all these otter rewards only to relentlessly say dude either you are the unluckiest guy that ever lived or know your place I am the lord of cars and I say no matter how many times you win you will never win a car.

Back