The GTP 2007 COTY Awards!

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 37 comments
  • 2,460 views

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
Messages
21,286
United States
GR-MI-USA
Messages
YSSMAN
Messages
YSSMAN
Just for the hell of it, I'm making some "2007 Year of X" lists because I'm bored and don't feel well. So, off to making another one with a subject I love more than anything else. CARS!

Categories, photos, and reasons for such are required. Maybe at the end we'll have a collective vote too. By that I mean post your own, and we'll have a good time. I do want these awards to be somewhat serious, but still funny at the same time. No need to be too worried about it. If there aren't enough here, feel free to add your own as well...

Best Car That I Know I Shouldn't Like But Still Do
800px-2008_Scion_xD.jpg


The Scion xD is one of those cars that are just so odd that you either love it or hate it. I'm in the "neither" camp, but that being said, I still can't find much to hate about it. It looks interesting to say the least, and the drive is mildly entertaining. With modifications I've seen some really nice xD models around, but the thing is, you actually have to do it to make it that much better than other cars in the same price bracket. No, it isn't the best, not even close to being as good as say a Volkswagen Rabbit/Golf, Saturn/Opel Astra, or even to some extent the "brand-new" Focus... But yeah, a good car nevertheless that I should hate, but don't.

Powered by Your Neighbor's Babies (Read UGLY)
800px-Ford_focus-2007washauto.jpg


The odd thing about our North American Ford Focus is that it still is a really good car on the inside and underneath. There is a lot of clever packaging that I wish would make it to more American cars and trucks, but sadly, it won't. That being said, the styling of the car is one of the most EPIC FAIL issues in recent history.

EPIC FAIL
800px-2007-Toyota-Tundra-DoubleCab.jpg


After quite a few recalls (camshafts, transmission issues, among others), the Toyota Tundra gets my stamp of no-approval. Its big, expensive, and really doesn't move the game forward. Did I mention it doesn't look that good either? Yeah, I've got a record of Toyota-bashing, but this one only fuels the fire... And by the way Toyota; Where is that filing cabinet you promised me at the truck's introduction?

Giving the Finger to Greenies Around the World (Along With Several Automakers)
800px-UltimateAeroTT.jpg


Yep. This one calls for a replay of America, F&!@ YEAH! whenever this one goes about. Even I doubted the capabilities of this car, and yet, there it goes blasting into the record books at 256 MPH. SSC's Ultimate Aero is so awesome in fact that they won't even sell one to Bugatti, no matter how much money they throw at them, just because they want to keep their record. EPIC Win? Maybe not. But still fun that a bit of backyard engineering can out-do what can be considered the most awesome car of the past 100 years...

Everyone's New Favorite Car to Love (And Hate)
800px-NISSAN_GT-R.JPG


Love it or loathe it, the GT-R is a really good car. Its blazingly fast, I like the look in the non-dark colors (particularly white and red), and in the end, it does serve as a new benchmark in the fast car class. I just wish it wouldn't have been so polarizing...

Wow, Who Makes This Again?
800px-2008_Cadillac_CTS.jpg


I don't think I've read a single negative review of this new CTS. That includes my usual European magazines as well. What an excellent job a bunch of money and a decent amount of development time can do. GM hit the nail on the head so well in fact that it won several awards here in the US, including COTY from Motor Trend and a 10 Best Award from Car and Driver.

Best Car 2007
798px-2007_Holden_VE_Commodore_Omega_01.jpg


The Holden Commodore and all of its variants, without a doubt, are some of the best cars of the year. Simply put, no matter where you are on Earth, you're bound to be able to find some version at your local GM dealer. Whether its the Commodore itself, the Park Avenue in China, the Lumina in the Mid-East, the VXR8 in Europe, or the G8 in North America, they're going to be there... Kicking ass the whole time. Big car, rear-wheel-drive, and a competent chassis with excellent build quality at an affordable price? How can you go wrong?
 
I can't believe Automobile gave Car of the Year to the Audi R8, over the Cadillac CTS. What the hell does the R8 bring to the table?
 
I can't believe Automobile gave Car of the Year to the Audi R8, over the Cadillac CTS. What the hell does the R8 bring to the table?

They apparently thought the design was very creative. I kept reading a few references to it in the review.
 
This is why we make fun of the awards and do crazy stuff.

===

You want MOAR?

Most Over-Rated Brand of the Year
Audi_logo.png


In all honesty, what exactly did Audi do this year that was that great? We had the Q7, which at least in my book is nothing more than a watered-down Cayanne or a luxed-up VW Touareg. Then we had the new A5/S5, which although rather pretty, I don't think it did much to move the game forward. The exact same thing can be said for the R8, which at the very least seems like a much better idea than the Gallardo its based upon. But it isn't fast enough... Thats why they're adding the V10 for 2008... Personally speaking, I think 2008 will be a much better year, the A4 is coming which seems quite nice. Maybe its just being in America, I don't know, but I don't think they've done much good at all.

Worst Corporate Brand
logo.gif


From the total flop of the Sebring and Avenger to the cancellation of other non-important models, Chrysler LLC did a damn good job of messing things up royally after being sold off by Mercedes-Benz. Even now we can hear Cerberus asking themselves why they bought into this crazy idea...

Most Under-Rated Brand
Jaguar_Logo.PNG


Stack up the incredible XK and the new hope the XF brings to the table and you find yourself looking at a brand that is in the middle of a change for the good of its future. In the end, the switch to Tata may make things right. With proper funding and a good engineering team behind them, I see no reason why Jaguar can't play with BMW and Mercedes like they should have been 10 years ago...

Best Corporate Brand
General_Motors_logo.png


Yeah, I said it. Was it that much of a surprise? From the outrageous success of the new Zeta chassis, the wonderful surprises of the updated Epsilon cars (Malibu, Aura), the Kappa kids (Solstice, Sky, GT, Daewoo thingy), the new crossovers, new SUVs, new trucks, etc... This has been GM's year to shine. Sure, sales are down, and they're losing market share, but you've gotta build up from the bottom. GM, thus far, has done a great job of digging themselves out of the era of the quarter-century cars and trucks that are there just to be there...
 
Overall, a nice list, YSSMAN. Some of my thoughts...

The Scion xD is one of those cars that are just so odd that you either love it or hate it. I'm in the "neither" camp...
So am I. Honestly, I'm not quite sure why you think it's polarizing, or why it even appeared on your radar, for that matter. ;)

Giving the Finger to Greenies Around the World (Along With Several Automakers)
Yeah, america certainly showed the world that putting a powerful engine in a slippery body makes a car go fast...oh, wait, everyone already knew that.

Sorry, but the SSC Ultimate Aero is one of most embarrassing displays of american arrogance and ignorance that I can recall in recent history. They set out to claim the title of the world's fastest car, and got it, but there's more to a supercar than a top speed number. Even though the McLaren F1 and Veyron are well-known for little other than their top speed, they're also very good cars in several other aspects. I suspect the SSC won't hold up to scrutiny of its other qualities.

As soon as the SSC's top speed is eclipsed by another supercar, it'll have no reason to exist and will summarily be forgotten.

Everyone's New Favorite Car to Love (And Hate)
Yeah, too bad nearly everyone is already sick of it -- the people who hate it don't want to hear about how good it is, the people who love it don't want to hear anyone complaining about it, and those who neither hate it nor love it are sick of everyone throwing a hissyfit about it one way or the other. I think I'll soon be joining that last camp.

Best Car 2007
I personally think it's exceedingly bland and not really noteworthy for much other than its massive weight and a sign that RWD could make a comeback at GM (though that may not last). Kinda like the Charger. At least the 300C looked neat.

You want MOAR?

...
Other than the Audi bit, which I disagree with because the R8 is an amazingly good car that really doesn't need to be any faster (like the NSX), and because I haven't heard much hoopla over the company apart from the R8's launch, I pretty much agree with all of it.
 
So am I. Honestly, I'm not quite sure why you think it's polarizing, or why it even appeared on your radar, for that matter. ;)

I was bored one day and went to drive one. They're interesting. I had read a review on the updated xB and how disappointing it was, so I figured I'd go out and give this one a look. It definitely gave me hope that Toyota can in fact build a good car, or at least a moderately good one, but I didn't find it to really be all that much better than my beloved Jetta, running up on 13 years of age now.

Yeah, america certainly showed the world that putting a powerful engine in a slippery body makes a car go fast...oh, wait, everyone already knew that...

As soon as the SSC's top speed is eclipsed by another supercar, it'll have no reason to exist and will summarily be forgotten...

And I completely agree with you. It gave everyone the bird simply because we wanted to show that we could do it too, for less money, and much more easily. Personally speaking, I only ever remember the car when I play PGR4 these days, its maybe the only place I've ever seen it "honored" before. Although, I do hear the Bugatti guys like to make fun of it... They don't consider it a "competitor" at all (I would either...).

I personally think it's exceedingly bland and not really noteworthy for much other than its massive weight and a sign that RWD could make a comeback at GM (though that may not last). Kinda like the Charger. At least the 300C looked neat.

Completely understandable, and I think you could see it from a wide variety of points. The odd thing was that generally speaking, I don't think there were very many completely stand-out models released this year. Sure, the R8 was a nice car, but no one can afford it. The Mondeo was great as well, but they don't sell it everywhere. The exact same can be said of the Chevrolet Malibu and the Cadillac CTS (both winning awards elsewhere). I gave the nod to the Commodore simply because its a global vehicle that has done well at a good price. Not to much to ask for...

Although, I'd certainly give the nod to the Mondeo if they sold it here!

Other than the Audi bit, which I disagree with because the R8 is an amazingly good car that really doesn't need to be any faster (like the NSX), and because I haven't heard much hoopla over the company apart from the R8's launch, I pretty much agree with all of it.

Personally speaking, the hype around the Audi has just been too much. Its a shockingly good-looking car, it goes like stink (although, I'd like it to be a tad faster), and compared to other cars in its price bracket, it truly is a "value" I suppose. But other than that, its not much better than the cheaper Carrera 4S. BMW would be happy to sell you an M3 that could keep up. Chevrolet always has that pesky 'Vette lurking about. Did I mention the SLK55 as well?

I just can't justify people saying "AUDI = GOD" when they really only have one, maybe two (okay, I like the S5) cars that make it such. BMW still owns that camp, Mercedes has done a good job flexing with demand, and Cadillac has pretty much come out of nowhere with the CTS and the like. Audi is a good brand, they make really good cars, I just don't find them to be "all that" like others continually say.
 
In all honesty, what exactly did Audi do this year that was that great? We had the Q7,

Q7 debuted in April 2006. It's a 2007 model, but that's all it is.

Audi may be overrated, but the reason it gets so much press is that the magazines all give so much negative press to its competition, it's nice to see a brand that consistently does things right.
 
They are very consistent, I'll give them that. Someone has to be... I just want them to finally get to that point where the positive press actually means something for once. I want to dance around with Audi flags screaming "We beat the 3-series, we beat the 3-series!"

Unfortunately, I don't think my BMW-lover side would let that happen. Damn me and my infidelity...
 
After quite a few recalls (camshafts, transmission issues, among others), the Toyota Tundra gets my stamp of no-approval.
Are you sure? I wasn't aware of any recalls on camshafts or transmission.....
 
Completely understandable, and I think you could see it from a wide variety of points. The odd thing was that generally speaking, I don't think there were very many completely stand-out models released this year. Sure, the R8 was a nice car, but no one can afford it. The Mondeo was great as well, but they don't sell it everywhere. The exact same can be said of the Chevrolet Malibu and the Cadillac CTS (both winning awards elsewhere). I gave the nod to the Commodore simply because its a global vehicle that has done well at a good price. Not to much to ask for...

Although, I'd certainly give the nod to the Mondeo if they sold it here!
If it's an everyman's vehicle you were looking for, I agree, there wasn't much that was noteworthy this year. However, I'd sooner choose the Mazdaspeed 3 (early 2007 model, but new-for-'07 nonetheless) than the Commodore. It's an impressive and quick little hatch for a good price, FWD or not.

Personally speaking, the hype around the Audi has just been too much. Its a shockingly good-looking car, it goes like stink (although, I'd like it to be a tad faster), and compared to other cars in its price bracket, it truly is a "value" I suppose. But other than that, its not much better than the cheaper Carrera 4S. BMW would be happy to sell you an M3 that could keep up. Chevrolet always has that pesky 'Vette lurking about. Did I mention the SLK55 as well?

I just can't justify people saying "AUDI = GOD" when they really only have one, maybe two (okay, I like the S5) cars that make it such. BMW still owns that camp, Mercedes has done a good job flexing with demand, and Cadillac has pretty much come out of nowhere with the CTS and the like. Audi is a good brand, they make really good cars, I just don't find them to be "all that" like others continually say.
I would agree that Audi's lineup isn't "all that," but I also think there's more to the R8 than numbers. Ever since the R8's first official unveiling, I've compared it to the NSX, and for good reason IMO. Sure, it's out of the reach of the average sportscar buyer and could be a better value, sure, it isn't really all that fast, and sure, there are other cars that do pretty much the same thing while offering more of this or that. The NSX could be described the same way.

However, just like the NSX, the R8 is a well-balanced machine that rewards nearly any driver that takes the wheel, can take down sportscar giants that you might not expect it to (particularly in the right hands), and exhudes passion despite being built by a company known largely for lacking in that area. All in a solid, surprisingly roomy (for a mid-engined sportscar), and very attractive package.

As you know, I'm a BMW fan and generally a fan of German cars. However, apart from the original Sport Quattro (and more recently the Mk.2 TT), Audis don't really catch my attention. Similar to yourself, I think they're great cars that happen to have some of the very best interiors around, but are too heavy, too understeery, and a bit too clinical for my taste.

The R8 is completely different, at least for me. I don't see it as just a Gallardo with more-honest badging and the RS4 V8. I see it as the greatest (genuine) sportscar to come out of Germany since the 911.
 
Are you sure? I wasn't aware of any recalls on camshafts or transmission.....

There have been four that I know of:

1) Camshaft failures, which were isolated, however, cost Toyota as much as $10,000 to replace some engines in the new vehicles.

2) Torque converter issues causing it not to engage properly, in some cases requiring a replacement of the entire transmission.

3) Then there were tailgate metal separations, which were apparently more wide-spread than originally thought by Toyota. I do wonder if it was because of their "easy lift" system?

4) 4WD versions of the Tundra were having rear prop shafts snapping, which called back about 16,000 units.

All these, I assume, are why the Tundra (among other new Toyotas) have been downgraded in the quality categories in Consumer Reports.

===

So, yes, I do stand by my "EPIC FAIL" award. Yes, it did get "TOTY" from a so-so magazine, but I still disagree. Sales have been short of what Toyota expected as well. Oh well...
 
Are you sure? I wasn't aware of any recalls on camshafts or transmission.....


Camshafts snapped, Transmissions tried to eat themselves. Not to mentions the tailgates cant hold more than a ATV without splitting in half.


Best Car That I Know I Shouldn't Like But Still Do

toyota_yaris.jpg


I don't really know why I like this car like I do. It goes against my core beliefs. Those being to dislike Toyota. It doesn't really do very many things terribly well, and its not the best value. It's not a looker either. I guess its the appeal of the 2 door hatch/city car thing.


Powered by Your Neighbor's Babies (Read UGLY)

This is a tie between Several Toyota Products ( I don't think this is terrible bias)

toyota-camry-new-02.jpg

The new and not-so-improved Camry

2009-toyota-corolla.jpg


The butt-fugly Corolla

2007_Toyota_Tundra-CrewMax_1.jpg

The "Oh Jesus End My Miserable Existence" Tundra
toyota_sequoia_08.jpg

the "At least I'm not as ugly as the Tundra" Sequoia

Wow, Who Makes This Again?

Goes to 3 cars out of the GM stable
0701_z+2008_chevrolet_malibu+front_corner.jpg


The 2008 Chevy Malibu
aaaand

gm_08cts_frt.jpg

The 2008 Cadillac CTS

and the 2008 Buick Enclave

enclave2.jpg



Car of the Year 2007

I'm gonna go with MT and say that its gotta be the CTS. Truly amazing.
 
There have been four that I know of:

1) Camshaft failures, which were isolated, however, cost Toyota as much as $10,000 to replace some engines in the new vehicles.

2) Torque converter issues causing it not to engage properly, in some cases requiring a replacement of the entire transmission.

3) Then there were tailgate metal separations, which were apparently more wide-spread than originally thought by Toyota. I do wonder if it was because of their "easy lift" system?

4) 4WD versions of the Tundra were having rear prop shafts snapping, which called back about 16,000 units.

All these, I assume, are why the Tundra (among other new Toyotas) have been downgraded in the quality categories in Consumer Reports.

===

So, yes, I do stand by my "EPIC FAIL" award. Yes, it did get "TOTY" from a so-so magazine, but I still disagree. Sales have been short of what Toyota expected as well. Oh well...
I'm asking about recalls though, Brad. Many cars and trucks experience defects short of actual recall, though Tundra ones do seem to make the news for obvious reasons.

I take it there weren't any recall on the transmission or the camshaft?
Camshafts snapped, Transmissions tried to eat themselves. Not to mentions the tailgates cant hold more than a ATV without splitting in half.
This is borderline fanboyism(or whatever the opposite is). Read my quesion again. Please. ;)
 
I take it there weren't any recall on the transmission or the camshaft?

I believe Toyota made it a "wait and see" issue, but promised to fix it if anyone had a problem with it. Essentially good PR, then, addressing the problem, but not telling anyone about it unless they have a problem. Thank God for the internet!

I blame the general lack of issues with the GMT900s (released at essentially the same time) on the use of off-the-shelf parts and the like that had been tested before. There was a recall not too long ago on them, but I believe it was a blanket recall for all the GMT900s.

Meh, take it as you please I guess. Folks will always look for a way to bring the Toyota down... I just don't see it being that nice of a truck, particularly when they went in expecting to have it be a "game changer" like the Camry has been in the past. Actually, now that I think about it, if Toyota would have debuted the truck with about half the hype of what it had, I probably would have given it a better chance.

...My guess is that if I wouldn't have sat through that half-hour presentation, maybe my expectations wouldn't have been so high...
 
I don't doubt your actual take on the truck, Brad. I just wanted to set the record straight on the recalls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better late than never, to stay on topic :p :

Favorite

12346-2008-Infiniti-G37.jpg


Infiniti G37 - At least off the top of my head.


Disappointment

08.scion.xb.340.jpg


Scion xB - Loved the original. This one sucks!(at least its looks does)
 
I take it there weren't any recall on the transmission or the camshaft?

You're correct.

The 'unreliability' of the vehicle has been getting a lot of press, but I bet it's no worse than any other large truck - just being brought up here due to its being a Toyota.
 
He He! My turn!

Favorite car that I shouldn't like but like anyway:

gm_08cts_frt.jpg


It is a really good car. I am heavily biased against Cadillacs, but this one breaks the rules.

Eating Babies: (Read: Ugly)

Fiat%20Multipla%201.jpg


Not as ugly as the Beta, but that's not saying much.

Car of the Year:

Tie!

070608005.jpg

VS
Phlog_Fiat_500.jpg


:dopey: I'm a sucker for small cars. The Mini has been proven as a great platform, and the Fiat 500 is a great little car in itself.
 
Is that silver one with the blue badge a FIAT? It doesn't look that bad... Just looks like someone played Face-Off with an older Lancer on some kind of MPV...
 
Oh, how I wish America got the Fiat 500....:indiff:
 
Is that silver one with the blue badge a FIAT? It doesn't look that bad... Just looks like someone played Face-Off with an older Lancer on some kind of MPV...

I think its pretty cool. It's got 3 bucket seats in each row.

Oh, how I wish America got the Fiat 500....:indiff:


We might get the Abarth version.
 
Best Car That I Know I Shouldn't Like But Still Do
800pxmercedesbenzw204po2.jpg


It is quite clearly at the behind the Beamer when it comes to sporty. It has a slushbox. Its heavy, rather silly looking and is expensive. But man, something about it makes me think it is the first Benz in a long time to have an engineering-first philosophy, and that makes me love it.
It also has a big, burly and loud engine in it.

Runner-up: Buick Lucerne Super

Powered by Your Neighbor's Babies (Read UGLY)
800px2008cadillacctsvn5.jpg


I know its a game changing, nicely put together piece of American awesome. But the whole "shrunken down Cadillac Sixteen" visage simply does not work. The overall shape is nicer, and it shows power more than before. But the grill...and the trunklid... *shudder*

Runner-up: Jaguar XF


EPIC FAIL
800pxlexusisfultrasonicvp7.jpg


Now, I don't know if it was Lexus who promised us the BMW killer, or if it was merely magazine generated hype (see Motor Trends' "Corvette Killer" GT-R article). All I know is that I was expecting a whirlwind car that would completely transform the Lexus brand from "really nice Buicks" to "Japanese BMW," and return the IS series to its former greatness. What we got was an IS with a bigger engine, more gears in its slushbox and a lowered "because we can" suspension. And an arguably ugly (though I disagree) body modification. At least they allow you to turn off the Undefeatable and highly sensitive stability control (VDIM).

Runner-up: Honda Accord.
​


Giving the Finger to Greenies Around the World (Along With Several Automakers)
chevroletcorvettezr1200bc4.jpg


Who wants to guess how many European cars it is faster than now? And with it actually using 6th gear in addition to adding 120 horses, the fuel mileage probably dropped like a stone.

Runner-up: Audi RS6

Everyone's New Favorite Car to Love (And Hate)
800px2008subaruimprezasgy6.jpg


Subaru fans both hated it and loved it. Lancer fans laughed and cried. Still no ones sure which one has more driving pleasure between the two. When it debuted, the internet exploded more than it does during Duke Nukem updates. Easily the most controversial car of the year.

Runner-up: Mitsubishi Lancer

Wow, Who Makes This Again?
suzukisx4nd7.jpg


As great as the CTS is, the old one really wasn't a terrible car. It just wasn't class leading. So going from no-doubt-not-class-leading to most-likely-not-class-leading doesn't really mean much to me. But the Suzuki Forenza was grade A garbage, and the Aerio (as much as I love it) was simply too gimmicky. Suzuki made an impressive move, selling this Fiat/Suzuki partnership car here. It handles nicely, is cheap, and is nicely designed. If we are lucky, this will lead to the Swift, as well.

Runner-up: Saab 9-3 Turbo X.


Best Car 2007

fiatnew500frontgs6.jpg


Its like a Mini, but cheaper, lighter, smaller, more efficient, better put together and safer. Its also, dare I say, cooler.

Runner-up: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.
 
Excellent list!

That Suzuki SX4 is an interesting car. I do hope to go out and test out the SX4 Sport (sedan) version... It apparently is just a re-bodied version of the Suzuki Swift Sport. That makes it one helluva car for $16,000 or less. Too bad the depreciation is horrid, and VW will sell you a Rabbit with 170 BHP for the same price..
 
EPIC FAIL

Now, I don't know if it was Lexus who promised us the BMW killer, or if it was merely magazine generated hype (see Motor Trends' "Corvette Killer" GT-R article). All I know is that I was expecting a whirlwind car that would completely transform the Lexus brand from "really nice Buicks" to "Japanese BMW," and return the IS series to its former greatness. What we got was an IS with a bigger engine, more gears in its slushbox and a lowered "because we can" suspension. And an arguably ugly (though I disagree) body modification. At least they allow you to turn off the Undefeatable and highly sensitive stability control (VDIM).

Runner-up: Honda Accord.
​
I agree. The IS-F is still a good car, but I was underwhelmed when I actually read the reviews. Torque converter and frivolous gear count FTL, and it has an enormous schnoz (extremely noticable from the side profile).

Excellent list!

That Suzuki SX4 is an interesting car. I do hope to go out and test out the SX4 Sport (sedan) version... It apparently is just a re-bodied version of the Suzuki Swift Sport. That makes it one helluva car for $16,000 or less. Too bad the depreciation is horrid, and VW will sell you a Rabbit with 170 BHP for the same price..
...and the sedan doesn't get the AWD of the hatch, and Suzuki still hasn't released a turbocharged WRC-inspired example...
 
Personally speaking, the lack of AWD makes the SX4 Sport more appealing than the hatchback. Don't need the extra weight sucking up the gas and the performance of the car...
 
Well, personally speaking, any car that doesn't send power to the rear wheels would automatically be better if it did. Regardless of how good it already is.

That's half the reason the SX4 caught my attention to begin with. $15k for a practical AWD hatch FTW.
 
As far as im concerned, the IS-F cannot be a fialure for the simple reason that... it looks like sex!
 
Personally speaking, the lack of AWD makes the SX4 Sport more appealing than the hatchback. Don't need the extra weight sucking up the gas and the performance of the car...

+1

If the thing had 230 turbocharged horsepower, I'd want all-wheel drive, but there's no need for a car of this size to have it. It's already slower than hell and it already weighs next to nothing - all-wheel drive isn't really going to do much to help it in adverse conditions, and it's only going to suck fuel in the dry. And even here in Colorado it's dry the vast majority of the time.
 
The only thing it needs is better fuel economy.
 
Back