The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a great thread Akiva is writing. It seems to all boil down to the Kraken being "TL;DR, we don't like the result, we don't know election laws but we think the result should be changed because we say so."

Fun fact, she lives right down the road from where I grew up in Lake Orion, MI. She was also a failed Hooters waitress, "model", and UFC ring girl. There are nudes of her all over the internet in the trashiest settings too.

Glad to see my hometown still producing winners.
I just checked, she doesn't even look good in any of them. Don't bother.

Did some very light research on the 2022 congressional senate race in Ohio earlier. Thusfar there are three Democrats on the ballot and ten Republicans. Let's hope none of them actually get their crap together.

Last edited:
This is a fun thread. Language warning because some of the arguments presented by attorneys (and clients because they're stupid and won't let attorneys do what attorneys do) are truly incredulous and the commentator live-tweeting occasionally lets slip.

It's still ongoing, but Rudy's little idiot woman with the big hair, glasses and vocal fry, Melissa Carone, is actually discussed.

I get the sense that the judge isn't a big fan of performative litigation. Why would they be?

Oooooh, disbarment proceedings.

Edit: This very recent precedent should make Judge Parker's decision pretty easy.
In response to a billion-dollar defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems against Powell for her false statements about the election equipment manufacturer, Powell's attorneys said Powell's false assertions were protected by the First Amendment and that "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact."
Wow, Powell's own lawyers said that Powell's word is not factual and therefore everything Powell says in related lawsuits can now be judged as false and can be thrown out?

What the hell is this court case even about? They've got so many things intertwined here it's hard to make sense of it. Is this case about protecting Powell and others from the lawsuit or is it about the State's lawsuit against Powell et al?

Last edited:
I guess if any judge would show even the smallest smidgen of possibility to make their claims credible, it would be all about that BS. Now, it's all about saving their own asses I guess... i would have a rather radical way to take care of this lot but technically the US are still a democracy, so we have to swallow and allow them to proceed with uttering BS and lies and even more lies every single second of the day - and painfully watch as the GOP base eats up their words. Cult, a ****ing cult...

Last edited:
Oooooh, disbarment proceedings.

Edit: This very recent precedent should make Judge Parker's decision pretty easy.

Wow, Powell's own lawyers said that Powell's word is not factual and therefore everything Powell says in related lawsuits can now be judged as false and can be thrown out?

What the hell is this court case even about? They've got so many things intertwined here it's hard to make sense of it. Is this case about protecting Powell and others from the lawsuit or is it about the State's lawsuit against Powell et al?
The ol' Tucker Carlson defense from Fox.

Cheater who had to call a special legislative session to cheat because efforts to cheat during regular legislative session proved unsuccessful, on opponents refusing to avail his cheating: "They're quitters."

Well if the election system works, why are Republicans so eager to completely change it around then?
I'm disappointed that @ryzno hasn't made an attempt--much less a good faith attempt--to answer this. I'm not the least bit surprised, of course.

Cheater who had to call a special legislative session to cheat because efforts to cheat during regular legislative session proved unsuccessful, on opponents refusing to avail his cheating: "They're quitters."

I'm disappointed that @ryzno hasn't made an attempt--much less a good faith attempt--to answer this. I'm not the least bit surprised, of course.

I'm getting this from relatives who live in Texas too. It's so weird to me that republicans in Texas are pretending like this is something new. Democrats have been doing that since forever in Texas. Here's one from early 2000s.

Edit:

It's like a light version of a filibuster.

Last edited:
The conservatives here in Tx really don’t like if you point out, “They’re just doing what the Repubs would do” or “They should’ve gone to Cancun instead of DC”.

Suck it, Abbott.

Fun fact, she lives right down the road from where I grew up in Lake Orion, MI. She was also a failed Hooters waitress, "model", and UFC ring girl. There are nudes of her all over the internet in the trashiest settings too.

Glad to see my hometown still producing winners.
ben-yahr.png

Holy crap, you gotta warn a guy before he goes looking for pictures!

Tucker Carlson will apparently be trotting this out shortly:

Apparently some voters cast their ballots in the wrong county after moving. This is "illegal" in Georgia. That "illegal" is quickly being re-branded as "fraud" and assumed to be "democrat". The number of votes currently at stake could have swayed Georgia, but it's not clear how many of those votes were cast in the wrong county, or who they voted for.

Last edited:
Tucker Carlson will apparently be trotting this out shortly:

Apparently some voters cast their ballots in the wrong county after moving. This is "illegal" in Georgia. That "illegal" is quickly being re-branded as "fraud" and assumed to be "democrat". The number of votes currently at stake could have swayed Georgia, but it's not clear how many of those votes were cast in the wrong county, or who they voted for.
Sounds like the story about Georgia purging 100,000 voters. TMU, purging is a normal and completely legal thing states do. In this instance, many folks were purged who shouldn't have been causing some issue, but it wasn't some dastardly intended plan.

This however, hasn't stopped Trump or other right wingers like Kirk who have used the purge to convince voters these 100,000 votes were the ones used "illegally" for Biden.

Sounds like the story about Georgia purging 100,000 voters. TMU, purging is a normal and completely legal thing states do. In this instance, many folks were purged who shouldn't have been causing some issue, but it wasn't some dastardly intended plan.

This however, hasn't stopped Trump or other right wingers like Kirk who have used the purge to convince voters these 100,000 votes were the ones used "illegally" for Biden.
Yea they make big noise about that stuff and it convinces people that there is some kind of conspiracy going on. I'd like to track down every trump voter that cast a ballot in the wrong county in Georgia and explain that they're part of a democrat conspiracy to steal the election.

These 35,000 "illegal" votes could easily be made legal by just letting people cast their ballot anywhere in the state. Problem solved, suddenly all those "illegal" votes are gone. But this is the end game for the voting restrictions. The republicans believe (perhaps incorrectly) that their group is the only group that can navigate more complex rules well enough to get a legitimate vote counted, and the democrats will fall through cracks like this one.

It's like a light version of a filibuster.
The filibuster is the best possible comparison to this, and to that end, Republicans don't have the votes to clear a 60% threshold (they account for 55% of the Texas House of Representatives). I feel like if you agree with the spirit of the filibuster, you have to agree with this, but then if it wasn't for double standards, Republicans would have no standards at all.

This is an appeal rather than any sort of command, in no small part because I have no authority.

I think this thread is still relevant with active and pending January 6th investigations as well as active and pending result contests and ramifications for impropriety in contesting results, but discussion regarding things that will impact future elections, despite efforts by Republicans to make voting more difficult undoubtedly being a reaction to results of the 2020 elections, maybe ought to be kept out of it.

For ease of carrying on discussion if nothing else.

This is an appeal rather than any sort of command, in no small part because I have no authority.

I think this thread is still relevant with active and pending January 6th investigations as well as active and pending result contests and ramifications for impropriety in contesting results, but discussion regarding things that will impact future elections, despite efforts by Republicans to make voting more difficult undoubtedly being a reaction to results of the 2020 elections, maybe ought to be kept out of it.

For ease of carrying on discussion if nothing else.
Good idea. There will ultimately be some crossover but pretty soon the 2022 election season will heat up (gag) and there are big implications for that. Let's make another, I'll let you have the honor.

Good idea. There will ultimately be some crossover but pretty soon the 2022 election season will heat up (gag) and there are big implications for that. Let's make another, I'll let you have the honor.
Another user has made these and I don't want to step on any toes. Plus I don't really want to go to the effort that they have.

Hee hee... just under a month until MyPillow Guy's "Reinstatement Day" and the tight has already drawn up a plan of "action" to overthrow the last presidential election.

Comes across more like a Gran Turismo wish list (thread) then it does an actual, viable plan of action.

Comes across more like a Gran Turismo wish list (thread) then it does an actual, viable plan of action.
I never thought of Trump as Kazunori Yamauchi before. He does have an army of reality-denying fanatics among his supporters but at least Kaz has actually achieved something worthwhile in his life instead of simply sowing division, discord and chaos like the former guy.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Speaker has to be a sitting house member, correct? So how exactly do they plan to get Trump into the House in the first place? Would they somehow get a Florida Republican elected Speaker, then that person retires, then DeSantis appoints Trump to replace them, then Trump gets elected Speaker? All of this first of all hinges on a Republican House majority obviously.

I'm pretty sure the Speaker has to be a sitting house member, correct? So how exactly do they plan to get Trump into the House in the first place?
Not according to your Constitution. They just need a majority of votes. Either party can nominate anyone.

At any rate their plan only mentions electing a "trusted Conservative" to the role, not Adderalf. I'm too scared to visit that website to find out any more.

Last edited:
Back