The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Among the formulaic words of support for the new administration from governments around the world, this one stood out to me for it's ... trenchant honesty:

The spokesman for Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said: “Biden’s victory represents the victory of democracy over the extreme right.

“Five years ago, we believed without [a] doubt that Trump was a bad joke. Five years later, we realise that he endangered the world’s most powerful democracy.”

A lot happened today, but I think it would be unfortunate if this little quip from Anthony Scaramucci went unmentioned.

The crowd at the Andrews ceremony was smaller than expected; many political supporters chose not to attend.

Scaramucci said he wouldn't be attending the Andrews ceremony: "Uh, yeah, I have an appointment to get my fingernails pulled out, so I can’t make it."

Last edited:
A lot happened today, but I think it would be unfortunate if this little quip from Anthony Scaramucci went unmentioned.
Air Force One took off from Andrews at 9 a.m. as the PA system played Frank Sinatra's "My Way." Meanwhile, Biden and members of Congress attended a church service in downtown Washington.
Yuck.

Further more, for all of Sinatra's shortcomings, one thing he does seem positively remembered for was his civil rights efforts, such as not playing any club that didn't allow people of color or that his backing orchestras be integrated. The kind of thing the 1776 commission seems fairly opposed of remembering.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your point of view.

It would be great if we can hear more from you and what your belief is/are, so that we can make this country better for you and us... I am more left than you, but I dont not want to alienate your side just because of trump, we need to move forward together...

Truly, we need to learn from each other and understand and help so we can both succeed.

What views did you agree with him on? Most of what he did wasn't even the right/conservative/Republican wheelhouse. Basically, the only answer I ever really got when I've asked people about this is that they are either anti-abortion and just vote Republican no matter what, say that he was better than Clinton/Biden, or that they thought he was in control of the stock market.

I also agreed with him on his Middle East policies, as well as his stricter controls on immigration. I also agreed with his whole "America First" stance, and becoming less and less dependent on... C H Y N A H.

He also promised justice for Harambe.

Last edited:

Even if Biden is lying here, i would much better listen to his lies than
to hear a single word coming out from that turd of trump...
trump be gone

Welcome Biden, i wish him the best...

My guess is that the "insanity" the Democrat establishment is most concerned about repeating is what happened in the 1972 Presidential election. The Democratic nominee was George McGovern - probably the most "liberal" candidate in US history. This map shows the result.

View attachment 801807

In contrast, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by a significant margin. Had she carried the states of Pennsylvania, Michigan & Wisconsin - which she lost by somewhere between a half & one percent of the vote -she would have won the election by a comfortable margin. I'm pretty convinced that had Biden been the Democratic candidate he would have carried those three states easily against Trump.

The dilemma facing the Democratic party is whether to focus on getting out the Democratic base by promoting a more left-wing candidate, or to attract the votes of independents by nominating a more centrist candidate. Trump seems to have made no attempt to court moderates, so it would be a logical move on the part of the Democrats to step in & try & capture the vote of independent moderates. In addition to that, activist Democrats may chafe at the idea of another centrist Democrat candidate, but I wonder if they may have been somewhat sobered by the unexpected election of Trump & may be more likely to suck it up & support a centrist Democrat to ensure Trump does not get re-elected?

That's the way I see it. Add a suitable, more left VP & you've covered the bases. However, anything could happen through the primaries & it's possible a strong, younger, more appealing candidate may emerge ...

Sorry to necro a post from the beginning of the thread...but Biggles seems to have predicted the eventual outcome rather accurately.

Sorry to necro a post from the beginning of the thread...but Biggles seems to have predicted the eventual outcome rather accurately.

At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart ... there's a reason "conventional wisdom" is conventional wisdom.

Even though it was a resounding victory for Biden, I'm still taken aback at the level of support for Trump. Before the election I would have predicted Florida & North Carolina would have gone for Biden (although wouldn't have called Georgia for Biden).

The road forward for Fox News becomes easier, I think. They no longer have to find ways to support the insupportable & can focus on attacking Biden & the Democrats. They enthusiastically report every incident of "antifa & BLM violence", including the recent vandalism of the Portland Democratic party headquarters. What should be clear to any casual observer, is that this kind of violence is almost entirely the purview of anarchist groups, who hate Democrats as much as Republicans. They are a tiny number of people nationwide. Imagine (if you can) Joe Biden exhorting tens of thousands of anarchist demonstrators to storm the US Capitol? That's how absurdly one-sided this is.

Last edited:
Still expecting that beer. ... assuming travel in the US becomes viable again at some point. :cheers:.
What's your preference?
I'll keep it cold for you. :cheers:

Last edited:
Actually, although I drank plenty of warm beer in my youth, I'm good with an icy brew too. Depends on the beer & depends on the weather. I'm currently in the Dominican Republic making my way through a case of cold German Zahringer Premium Hefeweizen - an OK, but not exceptional, wheat beer. What I do remember about drinking English ales is that it's a lot easier putting away large quantities of room temperature beer than it is ice cold beer.

Actually, although I drank plenty of warm beer in my youth, I'm good with an icy brew too. Depends on the beer & depends on the weather. I'm currently in the Dominican Republic making my way through a case of cold German Zahringer Premium Hefeweizen - an OK, but not exceptional, wheat beer. What I do remember about drinking English ales is that it's a lot easier putting away large quantities of room temperature beer than it is ice cold beer.

giphy.gif

Warm beer is a hanging offense in Australia.
The first time I tasted bitter out there I wonder why they served me lager by mistake. Some beers taste better when they're not ice cold and fizzy.

The first time I tasted bitter out there I wonder why they served me lager by mistake. Some beers taste better when they're not ice cold and fizzy.
Oh absolutely, our style of beers (along with the weather) are very much part of that.

Still expecting that beer. ... assuming travel in the US becomes viable again at some point. :cheers:.
I had myself a beer today as well but then an old man tried to turn the brewery into a drive through and parked his Kia right on the patio. I'm not sure travel in the US will ever be viable...at least not for him.

I had myself a beer today as well but then an old man tried to turn the brewery into a drive through and parked his Kia right on the patio. I'm not sure travel in the US will ever be viable...at least not for him.
Hope everyone is ok. You good?

Oh absolutely, our style of beers (along with the weather) are very much part of that.
I gotta admit, if someone tried to bring me a room temperature beer in the hot Aussie sun I think I'd want to punch them as well. Here in 1° Britain it's probably a different story.

I just checked to see whether you have a microbrewery scene and it appears to be thriving so my nineties VB memories are now thankfully outdated. I bet you guys don't drink a lot of Foster's either. I suspect you shipped it to the Poms as punishment. Please crack open a tally or two for me when you get the chance.

Last edited:
I gotta admit, if someone tried to bring me a room temperature beer in the hot Aussie sun I think I'd want to punch them as well. Here in 1° Britain it's probably a different story.

I just checked to see whether you have a microbrewery scene and it appears to be thriving so my nineties VB memories are now thankfully outdated. I bet you guys don't drink a lot of Foster's either. I suspect you shipped it to the Poms as punishment. Please crack open a tally or two for me when you get the chance.
Yes the craft beer scene has taken off massively here thankfully the mainstream stuff is average as you have experienced with VB.

Fosters is a strange one, even at the height of it's popularity hardly anyone here drank it and I can't remember the last time I have seen it.

I've just cracked one open for you now, seems fitting it's a Colonial Pale Ale.

Edit: Oops sorry, way off topic.

Last edited:

He must have been from Nova Scotia. :lol:

3DEC3729-5F0E-483F-90A9-B2B38110CA90.jpeg

Everybody was fine! Fortunately it was cold and only a couple people were on the patio but the metal fence did its job.

Kennedy used it to call in a new mistress.
Quayle probably had one installed in his office to spell-check his work.

Back