The GTPlanet 1/4 MILE Record thread!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 1,251 comments
Yes I am. :lol:

I'm just back from work for lunch, I'll update both yours and the new evokid time after work (dammit, have to get a 7.307 now!! :irked::lol: ).

102520101005.jpg
[/IMG] i am going for it :sly: 👍 before i forget you did not put up my Nissan GT-R Concept no nos time i have the best time 8.214. same with the Suzuki Escudo Race 7.740 the times are in page 59.

Last edited:
The GT-R times aren't a problem, the problem is the Escudo No NOS time evokid. The pic isn't the same as the GT-R one. For me personally, that GT-R No NOS picture is EXACTLY how I do it myself so if you can replicate that with the Escudo time, that would be much appreciated (you probably have it saved on your PS3 HD wouldn't you?). :)

I apologise for my tardiness though (especially to RJ who hassled me on facebook :lol: ), had some offline things to do, some good things for once in a while. :D Doing the times right now.....and damn you evokid for making the GT-R record that much harder for me. :lol::lol:

Hey, could someone explain me why the Subaru Impreza Spec C is so fast?? You can't get it over 500bhp, am I right? And yet it is faster than most race cars. Couldn't find info anywhere and I thought that someone here might know.

a) Haven't tuned one in ages but am 90% sure it goes well over 500hp.
b) I believe there's a glitch in the NOS modelling for the car that gives it an unfair advantage.
It's so quick there's an entirely separate leaderboard on gtp.

Hey, could someone explain me why the Subaru Impreza Spec C is so fast?? You can't get it over 500bhp, am I right? And yet it is faster than most race cars. Couldn't find info anywhere and I thought that someone here might know.

The Spec C has over 500hp. It has 522hp (stage 5 turbo) or 525hp (stage 3 turbo) & between 660-675Nm, depending on your turbo. The reason it's faster than nearly all the others is due to it's nitrous. When combined with the racing exhaust (it's all down to the exhaust change), it causes a glitch which makes the nitrous more powerful than indicated. So while it says 100hp, in reality it's more along the lines of 200hp. That's what causes the Spec C to run 7's on the 1/4, 13's on the 1000m and over 310mph in top speed, depending on how you set your gearbox up.

Hope this all helps.

so threads back alive? Haven't been at it in a while. I actually now got a camera phone now as my old phone died. So i might be able to get pic's now as i am unofficially first in the american muscle pre 75 from us category. Nice Time with the rx7 rotary. Almost passed the vipers.

so threads back alive?

The thread's never been dead.....dormant at times but never dead.

Haven't been at it in a while. I actually now got a camera phone now as my old phone died. So i might be able to get pic's now as i am unofficially first in the american muscle pre 75 from us category.
Talk is cheap, take the picture and get your name in lights some more before the GT5 list starts. :P

Nice Time with the rx7 rotary. Almost passed the vipers.

I agree there, the first person to get the RX7 into the 8.0's, something that we thought might not have been possible a year or so ago. Now if only RJ got that extra 0.002 he would be #2 all by himself instead of being tied with someone. :sly:

Meanwhile, we have two final missions that are incomplete on the 1/4. The first is to get the R35 GT-R Concept into the 7.2xx's and that looks achievable with the way evokid and I have raised the bar again in our little battle. The second is the holy grail itself, a 6 second pass in the Escudo. :eek: My question is can that particular one be achieved?? Time is running out on that one.......

this is an old thread but, i'm quite new Gran turismo player, my first GT was Prologue, then i borrowed my friends ps2, and GT4, won the 24h of Nurburing whit E46 M3 CSL /~500bhp.
so the reason why i'm posting here is that Fastest car on GT4 is a Subaru WRX STI SPEC C
1. cheezman - 6.183 :confused:

could someone tell me how this is possible?

this is an old thread but, i'm quite new Gran turismo player, my first GT was Prologue, then i borrowed my friends ps2, and GT4, won the 24h of Nurburing whit E46 M3 CSL /~500bhp.
so the reason why i'm posting here is that Fastest car on GT4 is a Subaru WRX STI SPEC C
1. cheezman - 6.183 :confused:

could someone tell me how this is possible?

Welcome, and although this thread is old, it's still very current as I update this quite regularly and the list is current to a few days ago.

Now, to your question. You want my personal opinion as to how this is possible? Well, it's not possible (and yes cheezman, I am saying it straight out, I've NEVER believed your "6 second pass" for one second). HOWEVER, since that time was already on the 1/4 mile thread BEFORE I took over the duties in 2005 I couldn't really change it as it wasn't put up by me. To me, the true World Record is the 7.073 set by evokid2 in the Unlimited Category.

This WILL be changed with the GT5 list as I will have complete control over it from the very start and as such, I have created a new website to hopefully (with your input GTP'ers) create the world's biggest GT5 database which will be used in conjunction with GTPlanet (sort of like a sister site, but not official). I will be locking this thread when I do transfer all the info to the new site though and providing a link so you guys can continue to provide times for the GT4 sprint categories (1/4 mile @ Las Vegas & 1000m @ Test Course) and I hope that you guys will use both sites for all your resources....GTP for all the general racing, news & views and my site for all your GT4 & GT5 statistics.....including one special competition (with prizes!! :dopey: ) that will be revealed when the site is fully functioning.

The countdown is on so a cryptic question I will ask is this......

Will you Get with The Times5? :cool:

Welcome, and although this thread is old, it's still very current as I update this quite regularly and the list is current to a few days ago.

Now, to your question. You want my personal opinion as to how this is possible? Well, it's not possible (and yes cheezman, I am saying it straight out, I've NEVER believed your "6 second pass" for one second). HOWEVER, since that time was already on the 1/4 mile thread BEFORE I took over the duties in 2005 I couldn't really change it as it wasn't put up by me. To me, the true World Record is the 7.073 set by evokid2 in the Unlimited Category.

This WILL be changed with the GT5 list as I will have complete control over it from the very start and as such, I have created a new website to hopefully (with your input GTP'ers) create the world's biggest GT5 database which will be used in conjunction with GTPlanet (sort of like a sister site, but not official). I will be locking this thread when I do transfer all the info to the new site though and providing a link so you guys can continue to provide times for the GT4 sprint categories (1/4 mile @ Las Vegas & 1000m @ Test Course) and I hope that you guys will use both sites for all your resources....GTP for all the general racing, news & views and my site for all your GT4 & GT5 statistics.....including one special competition (with prizes!! :dopey: ) that will be revealed when the site is fully functioning.

The new Website sounds awesome, i have always liked Drag racing, sorry my bad english but "Will you Get whit The Times5?" what you mean by that?

Like I said, it's a cryptic question for all the people on GTPlanet.....it's not directed at you BoostedM3 so apologies if it seemed like it was (and after reading back on the post, it does look that way, silly me for not putting those extra couple of words in "for everyone"). ;)👍

Most recently I've been tuning for 1/4 mile in GT3 anf GT4..

GT3
RUF RGT 8.718
Zonda C12S 8.727

some older ones:
Zonda Race Car 8.793
Polyphony001 8.017
Polyphony002 8.439

GT4
Shelby Cobra 427 '67 8.305

I spent hours on the GT-R "tokyo show" starting from scratch not making it in to 8.3's
Same with Spirit R doing 8.1's

MadMax

Well wait mafia_boy, what's going to happen for GT4? What if people want to add times? I'd figured, just like the other GT games, people will be playing this.

Plenty of people were running 6 second passes back on GT4 in the Spec C. The elite tuners did some absolutely amazing times back then running 8's in RWDs and plenty of 7/8 second passes in other AWDs.

Plenty of people were running 6 second passes back on GT4 in the Spec C
Do you have evidence to back this claim? I simply don't believe that 'plenty' of people have beaten the remarkable evokid's times. When he found this site last year or the year before and promptly smashed every record worth holding I initially thought he was lying, having spent many hours failing to get on any leaderboard. Not so. I'm sure there are people that could beat him, but 'plenty' of them? I think not.

Thanks, if its one thing i know i have a lot of talk, but i can put it on the table, i am playing gt5 its nutting like gt4, i cant wait for a drag track too come out, and its like every car runs the same time. i was getting my lots of licks with this one wrx in my evo, but i had him last night. anyone who want to add me my name is evokid9. gt4 i miss u so much, how i wish the online racing would have been in like how it is with 5. To all my friends thanks for everything till we meet again. Grand turismo all the way. there is no spec that can do no 6sec pass its a glitch come again with something else, i have seen close too 6sec but not in it.

Back