The GTSport "Make Your Own Tierlist" thread

United States
Fort Worth
That_sneaky_azN
When it comes to competitive games, especially ones with active balancing doodads applied, it's natural for one to have a tier created in their head. So let's discuss it!

Make your own tier list, and talk with others about one car being in a tier, whether it be in agreement or disagreement, it is what discussion in forums is about, after all!

If you're having trouble with how one should make a list, you can use this template here:
AeEzMxw.jpg

Edit: It appears I have confused a bit of people. Set your own tierlist of the cars for that category.

For example, a Gr.3 Tierlist would be something like:

S - Beetle Gr.3
A - FT-1 VGT Gr.3, Viper GT3-R
B - Atenza Gr.3, RS01 Gr.3
C - Peugeot VGT Gr.3
D - WRX STI Gr.3
E - GTI VGT Gr.3
F - GT-R GT3

(note: just an example, not my thoughts)

Last edited:
@Grandea GTR - funnily enough, the editorial team was just talking about creating this sort of thing, based around the 1.11 update. Primarily focusing on Gr.4 and Gr.3, but we'd definitely be curious about what people think of the others.

For example, I have no idea if there's even a top-tier Gr.B car. :lol:

Here is my list for discussion:
This thread is giving me tears :(
I thought I could get a grasp of most things, but I'm baffled :dunce:
I understand how to make a list, but seeing a template list on the basis of the SR/DR ranks only confuses me more as to why there is F.
I'm immediately thinking the S should not be red, as red implies danger. F would be better Red, and S something nice like Cyan.
If you want a list of tiers for cars, then why use S A B C D E F, A B C D E F G would make more sense, or even 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
If you want us to list the best car in each GTS defined class, ie N200 N300 N400 Gr.X Gr.b Gr.3 Gr.4 etc etc then you would have listed those in the template?

Im a bit confused... :confused:
What are we supposed to be making tiers of? Cars?

Or will any old tier list do?

Tier List: My favorite GTP emojis

S- :cheers:
A- :bowdown:
B- :banghead:
C-:dunce:
D-:confused:
E- :crazy:
F-:lol:

there now ive contributed
:gtpflag:
Here is my list for discussion:
This thread is giving me tears :(
I thought I could get a grasp of most things, but I'm baffled :dunce:
I understand how to make a list, but seeing a template list on the basis of the SR/DR ranks only confuses me more as to why there is F.
I'm immediately thinking the S should not be red, as red implies danger. F would be better Red, and S something nice like Cyan.
If you want a list of tiers for cars, then why use S A B C D E F, A B C D E F G would make more sense, or even 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
If you want us to list the best car in each GTS defined class, ie N200 N300 N400 Gr.X Gr.b Gr.3 Gr.4 etc etc then you would have listed those in the template?
I put in an edit on the OP, hopefully that helps out some things.

@Grandea GTR - funnily enough, the editorial team was just talking about creating this sort of thing, based around the 1.11 update. Primarily focusing on Gr.4 and Gr.3, but we'd definitely be curious about what people think of the others.

The best Gr.B car is the one that doesn't exist because then you don't have to drive GT Sport's version of rally. :P

Ah, so from the cars you have listed, you think the best Gr3 car is the Beetle Gr.3, then a joint 2nd place would be FT-1 VGT Gr.3 and Viper GT3-R
joint 4th place is B - Atenza and Gr.3, RS01 Gr.3
6th is Peugeot VGT Gr.3
7th is WRX STI Gr.3
8th is GTI VGT Gr.3
9th is GT-R GT3
??

Hey now :mischievous:

Cool thread, I'll see if I can think of at least one car for each category.

Jerome

ahh other than old school arcade fighting games and tekken which were pre internet, I thought tiers were something to brag about with wedding cakes

You would have to make a list per track . Also tier list are kind of dumb . In Smash Yoshi was bottom tier until two years ago where a player won a tournament with him making him top mid teir. Mind you this smash game has not changed in 10+ years . If we had tunes some one might create one that makes a mid range car bottom top teir.

If I make one for N cars:

(Supercars)

S - 911 GT3 RS, Veyron, McLaren F1, all Homologation Specials

A - LaFerrari, Vulcan, X-Bow R, Veneno, GT By Citroen Road Car

B - Enzo, GT-R, NSX, Huracan, Viper, F40, 458 Italia, 650S, MP4-12C

C - One-77, Ford GT, Diablo GT, Cobra 427

Last edited:
I have no idea what's going on here!

Is this just so people can realise they're slower than everyone else because they choose their cars based on how nice a noise they make and how pretty they are, rather than their outright performance envelope?

I definitely do that all the time. I've still never raced the Beetle Gr.3 because I'm not willing to compromise my aesthetic integrity! I'd obvs be S/S If I did :)

For those of us old folk who still have no idea what's going on here....

From Google "a tier list is a list that ranks all characters in a game based on the strength of their fighting abilities, as well as their potential to win matches under tournament conditions, assuming players are of equal skill."

MidFieldMavens thread should interest you:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...imes-for-102-cars.372375/page-3#post-12177596

Although tracks would change opinions.... you may get around corners quicker, but if you are vulnerable to being passed on straights and held up in traffic on corners, then your car will also be dependent on starting position and what vehicles are ahead/behind you.

Back