The Hagerty's price increases post-1.15 update - 10,662,900 Cr. with info for all 62 Hagery's cars (4.08% increase)

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 103 comments
I sure am glad I spent as much time as I did doing the Tomahawk race, it probably netted me well over $150 million so I loaded up on used and legend cars and still have $48 million left. I still do honestly miss that race, in my opinion it was challenging when going for true clean races and also trying to beat your previous best time. I really dont understand the problem letting players have a couple of races like that as long as they cant be used online.

You know, it's nice to play games that actually somewhat value my time as a player, and know that if I want to set my sights on a car that costs millions, all I need to do is play races (which certainly give me plentiful amounts of money) and get rewarded for that action alongside.

It's particularly fascinating because there's seemingly no basis for much of it (beyond to line PD's pockets), despite some insisting that it was a great idea that added realism somehow when it was first announced. Dynamically priced based on what?
The ultimate hilarity of the Hagerty's feature is that it's probably an incredibly useful feature if it was brought alongside an auction house format. At least then you wouldn't have the issue that Forza's auction house has where Legendary painters can set the price much higher then normal players can ever attain, and price people out (but even then, it's not that big of an issue considering how plentiful money is)

Of course, when Polyphony even lies about selling cars, but promises they'll be coming soon (probably years down the line, when the player base has forgotten, and utterly nerfed in order to keep the charade going, much like so many other supposed features that Polyphony said will be coming soon) it goes to show that Polyphony have no real desire to ever have a feature that makes the game better for the end user and only really exists to wring money out of players, and make Kaz feel good that He Knows People in the auto industry.

Make it $90 (don't ask me about conversions to Euros, Pounds, or Canadian dollars), give or take the 12 cars for which we cannot estimate any increase in price. I added another 2,000,000 Cr. in scheduled increases (all from the 1952 300 SL W194).

It can have at least a new body. @Grimm6Jack sent me the info.

Surely you can't be serious. With the neutering of the Tomahawk Tokyo rain exploit, the fastest one can make money is about 1,650,000 Cr. per hour by legitimately doing that Tokyo race. There are only 5 other ways to get at least 1,000,000 Cr. per hour, only 1 of the 6 total ways doesn't involve either weather or jumps in dirt, and only the 2 jump-in-the-dirt ones don't involve spending at least 25 minutes on a single race, hoping you don't blow the 50% clean race bonus.

With that said, buying MTX is, in my opinion, an idiot's move, rewarding PD/Sony for bad behavior.

I never care for the tomahawk find that boring rather drive different cars instead to not make it an endless grind,
The problem is more in the lack of events and very few you can earn that money, adding more events will solve a lot of problems with the game, i don’t quite understand why so many tracks have so few events, they could just add in 30-40 more events easily, for cars and tracks its understandable that we can’t get it all at once, but events can’t be that hard,

Last edited:
How much EUR/USD is 6,337,900 Cr in microcredits? Instead of pressing out their players as lemons, PD'd better solve the issues first!

And as Hagerty bases their selling price on the price of comparable cars recently sold, Hagerty has the moral responsibility to urge PD into giving their players a similar price when players do sell their cars. The brand Hagerty did not say me much until GT7, but it did get a seriously negative connotation meanwhile.
Exactly 63 dollars and 37.9 cents (USD). This is going by the 20 dollars for 2 million price. Otherwise it could cost even higher.

To the OP: Your list is a bit disorganized, unless you're going by the date/order the car appears perhaps? Anyway thanks for making the list. I now have even more reason to dislike hagerty and Kaz for their snobbish elitism outlook ruining what is a video GAME.

Last edited:
I never care for the tomahawk find that boring rather drive different cars instead to not make it an endless grind,
The problem is more in the lack of events and very few you can earn that money, adding more events will solve a lot of problems with the game, i don’t quite understand why so many tracks have so few events, they could just add in 30-40 more events easily, for cars and tracks its understandable that we can’t get it all at once, but events can’t be that hard,
Exactly, there are no events, they could easily add nordschleife 24h race 3 laps with variable weather with only gt3 cars, prize 3million including bonus. That would be my dream event, race would still last around 25min, but more fun

I take it you grew up on the writings of Yates, Csere, Bedard, and the 1980s/early 1990s version of Ed. Cammisa's biggest problem is that, unlike the guy he tries so hard to be, he has no Clarkson or May to keep him somewhat grounded.

As a famous Aston Martin (with modificiations) driver once said, "Shocking. Positively shocking."
I didn't, but heard of them. Positive things too. :)

Hagerty is an insurance company and they price their services based on their perceived value of each car, which is based on how the market's going for the car and presumably how expensive it is to maintain the car. Basically a rich people's Allianz or Mapfre.
I understand that, and in the case of, say, the F40 or F50 price increases I can get where they are coming from since there have been auctions of both of those and prices have been creeping upward somewhat. It's still an absolutely ridiculous thing to put in the game, basically a glorified NFT simulator since it's assigning real world shifting values to infinite recreations of real life limited assets whose value is dictated because they are limited and in demand by many people (especially when once you buy the car in GT7 it literally becomes worthless); but there's at least a logical basis for price changes even if the actual reason is likely just PD wanting to further fleece people.

Where do the price increases come from cars that haven't changed hands since GT7 came out? There are only 12 TZ2s. Did one of those sell since GT7 came out for significantly more money than the car was "valued" at? There aren't that many more GT40s. How many of those have gone across the block? Again going to the most egregious example, the Miura is apparently "worth" almost a million dollars more than it was when the game launched; and much of its value would already be tied up in the fact that there's only one prototype chassis 702. As far as I know it's still owned by the same people who bought it when it was new and have owned it ever since. Where does the extra million dollars of valuation come from for that? How does the market value change for a car if no examples have tested the market?

It makes the entire Hagerty thing, already clearly another example of PD pretending a sponsorship deal was actually a "technical partnership" that's supposed to make GT better (like the laughable KW Suspension one from GT6) look even more brazenly rubber stamped than it initially came off as. Except this time it actively is a detriment to already shaky game design, whereas before you could just mock PD for claiming TAG Heuer timekeeping systems were baked into the game engine (at least until the checks stopped coming in).

Last edited:
If PD was as smart as me (not saying much), this is what they would do:

- increase the cost/value ratio of MTX’s so people like we would take advantage of them. I have zero issue spending real money on pretend money, if the value is there.

- make a dedicated grind race that pays the 3.6 million credit rate per hour. With one caveat…
It’s a 2 hour race. Or even 1.5 hour race with dynamic weather. Make it lucrative, but somewhat of a commitment.

THAT would be a good compromise IMO

Fwiw, I have no issue with the Haggerty’s influenced dynamic prices. I’m one of those few who thinks it’s kinda cool

Last edited:
Hagerty is an insurance company and they price their services based on their perceived value of each car, which is based on how the market's going for the car and presumably how expensive it is to maintain the car. Basically a rich people's Allianz or Mapfre.
Yes but it's only been three months, car values are rising quickly but not THAT quickly, and not almost entirely across the board.

Oh, and they've already announced they're going up again in August. They already know they're going up further somehow. Funny that.

Last edited:
Yes but it's only been three months, car values are rising quickly but not THAT quickly, and not almost entirely across the board.

Oh, and they've already announced they're going up again in August.

If they’re tying it to real life inflation, I bet their numbers actually aren’t that far off…

Last edited:
Inflation in the car market (and several other markets as well) has been driven almost entirely by the nearly 2 year gap in steadily available new cars. Used enthusiast cars of all sorts have not been affected anywhere near the extent that a CamCord or crossovers have; and classic cars (whose prices have always been tied solely to the always dwindling supply of said classic cars over any other factor) aren't any different in that regard.

Last edited:
They should make Gran Turismo 7 it's last appearance because it's a cheat car and have it not appear in the future Gran Turismo 8 because they'll do it again and PD doesn't want that at all.
Only online would I consider the Tomahawk X a cheat car but because of grinding purposes in single player events, unless licensing issues happens, it should stay in GT8.

Only online would I consider the Tomahawk X a cheat car but because of grinding purposes in single player events, unless licensing issues happens, it should stay in GT8.
"Cheat" car or not, it remains an absurd work of fiction that could never exist as-is in the real world.

Yes, GT has always had concept cars but they were always historically realistic.

It's also in no way shape or form a "GT Car" which is what they were asked to create. Not a fictional willy waving exercise.

Last edited:
On one hand reflecting some aspects of real life car cost is fine but it's also a game for enjoyment and to get to see and use the cars we otherwise wouldn't. A long grind over years, predatory practices and for me too many reminders of soaring living costs from fuel, gas/electric, house prices, food prices and silly prices for rare cars. My view of Hagerty and rich elites bidding on cars wasn't good before this game or before the current world problems, now I shudder and the site of the logo and what PD have done to what is mere digital escapism for poorer folk. They've killed off any soul this game had. GT Sport left me cold and this is like a morgue with Freddy Krueger pulling the strings.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that anyone who was wary of the Hagerty partnership announcement months ago is being proven completely correct.
If I may quote myself:
It's also worth noting that a lot of the high-price cars are tied to a rotating-door system where they may/may not be available for an indeterminant amount of time, and PD themselves have stated that the values of the cars in the Hagerty shop can change over time. That's literally PD saying (likely using their partnership with Hagerty as a scapegoat) that they can/will adjust the game's economy over time, which is a bit concerning seeing as how the game's economy is currently geared towards encouraging MTX purchases.
This was my biggest concern when PD announced the dynamic pricing in the Hagerty dealer, because it was basically PD saying that they would be adjusting the economy over time, in a game that already had an economy geared towards MTX purchases as if it was a free-to-play game.
PD and Sony are not our friends, they're a business, and the majority of their decisions are going to be based around how it affects their ability to make money. We don't know what they truly have in store for the lifetime of the game. We do know that they'll be adjusting the economy in some capacity, since they said that the prices of the cars in the LCD will be adjusted dynamically based on data from Hagerty. That could very well mean that the economy will be adjusted in a negative sense over time.
Between this and the removal of the Tomahawk glitch, all I can say is:

Cedric The Entertainer Reaction GIF by CBS

Last edited:
With the neutering of the Tomahawk Tokyo rain exploit, the fastest one can make money is about 1,650,000 Cr. per hour by legitimately doing that Tokyo race.

With that said, buying MTX is, in my opinion, an idiot's move, rewarding PD/Sony for bad behavior.
We agree. In my case it will add 5.5 Mio more to the already exagerated price of my still missing "Hagerty" cars. I wonder what PD envisages by making us repeat even more often that same boring race?

I recently even fell asleep behind the steering wheel ... of my racing simulator (!)

Two words - live service. Unlike, say, GT4, which had to ship complete, GT7, and frankly, almost every game published in the last 10 years, depends on issuing new content throughout their lifetimes. Dribbling events out piecemeal is, for better or for worse, a part of that.
Inflation in the car market (and several other markets as well) has been driven almost entirely by the nearly 2 year gap in steadily available new cars. Used enthusiast cars of all sorts have not been affected anywhere near the extent that a CamCord or crossovers have; and classic cars (whose prices have always been tied solely to the always dwindling supply of said classic cars over any other factor) aren't any different in that regard.
The financial crisis is hitting even GT7 😂
That's reflected in the UCD. Pull up the clip of the UCD from the State of Play videos, and marvel at the (relatively) low prices compared to what we have there now.
To the OP: Your list is a bit disorganized, unless you're going by the date/order the car appears perhaps? Anyway thanks for making the list. I now have even more reason to dislike hagerty and Kaz for their snobbish elitism outlook ruining what is a video GAME.
Simple; it's make, year and model.

Last edited:
If they’re tying it to real life inflation, I bet their numbers actually aren’t that far off…
So I ran some of the numbers given to us here, and cross-referenced them to general increase of value numbers IRL... most notably real estate.

We got about a 7-9% increase in value from January of 2022 (I'm taking the liberty of assuming Haggerty's is basing their start value from beginning of Q1 figures). These increase in value in the UCD/LCD is right in line with value increases IRL. Combine that with inflation and the dollar being worth less as a result. The numbers of the IG economy and vehicle prices, actually work out. Might even be undervalued a tad. I know its a video game and all, but I personally find this really intriguing. To me, it shows the depth they've gone into with certain aspects of this game. Well played Sony

Last edited:
So I ran some numbers given to us here, and cross-referenced them to general increase of value numbers IRL... most notably real estate.

We got about a 7-9% increase in value from January of 2022 (I'm taking the liberty of assuming Haggerty's is basing their start value from beginning of Q1 figures). That's right in line with value increases in the real world. Combine that with inflation and the dollar being worth less as a result. The numbers of the IG economy and vehicle prices, actually work out. Might even be undervalued a tad. I know its a video game and all, but I personally find this really intriguing. To me, it shows the depth they've gone into with certain aspects of this game. Well played Sony
Interesting, though I do have a couple notes:
  • We're dealing from mid-February here. The current cycle is going to last 3 months, and the first car to sell out from the previous cycle (at least that we know of) was the Sport quattro on 2/23, at a point when cars were available only 5-7 days.
  • The list is incomplete and will be until the last of the 12 cars for which we cannot estimate prices using the new engine/new body method come back to Hagerty's (currently projected to be the Alfa Romeo 155 or Toyota Supra GT500, which last sold out on 5/23 and should be back late-July).
I wouldn't call it well-done because payouts didn't exactly increase from the 1.05 era, and none of the payouts from the events added in 1.15 come close to those from the 6 events that can get you at least 1,000,000 credits per hour (5 involving dirt or weather).

Last edited:
We got about a 7-9% increase in value from January of 2022 (I'm taking the liberty of assuming Haggerty's is basing their start value from beginning of Q1 figures). That's right in line with value increases in the real world. Combine that with inflation and the dollar being worth less as a result. The numbers of the IG economy and vehicle prices, actually work out. Might even be undervalued a tad. I know its a video game and all, but I personally find this really intriguing. To me, it shows the depth they've gone into with certain aspects of this game. Well played Sony

Not sure I'd call it depth. It's pretty easy to look at a website, see x% inflation, and apply that to in-game prices. More depth would be tracking auction prices. I doubt they're doing that as these cars don't change hands often enough. Instead they're taking the easy way out and using overall inflation rates and introducing real world frustrations into a game meant to escape the real world.

Sitting at 290/430 collected. Probably more Than 50 of those I don’t even use. I’ll eventually get the 917 and 356 speedster, as I’ve got everything else I’ve wanted.
It‘s only been three months. Wonder what else is in store for Grand Theft Au… I mean Gran Turismo 7.

Edit: Oh, but @Daddio45 , Kaz wants that “human drama”. ;)

Last edited:
Interesting, though I do have a couple notes:
  • We're dealing from mid-February here. The current cycle is going to last 3 months, and the first car to sell out from the previous cycle (at least that we know of) was the Sport quattro on 2/23, at a point when cars were available only 5-7 days.
  • The list is incomplete and will be until the last of the 12 cars for which we cannot estimate prices using the new engine/new body method come back to Hagerty's (currently projected to be the Alfa Romeo 155 or Toyota Supra GT500, which last sold out on 5/23 and should be back late-July).
Edited my original post to explain where I think they're getting these start value numbers from
Not sure I'd call it depth. It's pretty easy to look at a website, see x% inflation, and apply that to in-game prices. More depth would be tracking auction prices. I doubt they're doing that as these cars don't change hands often enough. Instead they're taking the easy way out and using overall inflation rates and introducing real world frustrations into a game meant to escape the real world.
I would agree to this. But since these cars aren't changing hands often, I'm sure this is exactly how Haggerty's gauges value dynamically IRL since they do have to renew policies with these vehicles at least once a year.

Back