The Hidden Unicode Icons/Text/Colors in GT7 (November 2023)

• Thread starter J24681357
  • 42 comments
As I should had documented this earlier, the post has been updated with the list of compatible HTML Symbols from the following sections in the W3Schools website: Block Elements, Geometric Shapes, Misc Symbols, Dingbats, and Emoji (not all as I assumed most emojis would return an unknown symbol). These symbols are displayed correctly in GT7!

1674100179672.png

I found an outlier of Small Symbols where regular symbols like commas, colons, dollar sign, etc, are displayed smaller than their counterparts. Below is an image of a small comma (left) vs a regular comma (right).
1674100412972.png

It seems that after "𐀀", the rest of the symbols will display as an unknown emoji. Is there a range in which this ends?
1674100513906.png

As always, if there any more symbols discovered, the list will be updated.

Last edited:
In the main post, I removed the circled numbers as I want to highlight more unique symbols than letters and numbers. If you want to use circled letters & numbers, you can look at this reference.
However, I added a section of compatible unit symbols.

The Gran Turismo icons can also be accessed via a similar HTML format, "&#xEXXX"; , where XXX represents a hexadecimal code. If you convert the number for each GT icon ([#XXXX]) to a hexadecimal and use the &#xEXXX format, it will give the same icon. This is the same format found in other games like LittleBigPlanet.

Polyphony Digital Icon => [#4] =  because 4 (number) = 0x4 (hexadecimal)
D-Pad Left & Right => [#46] =  because 46 (number) = 0x2E (hexadecimal)

This explains why 𐀀 and up would display unknown icons because 65535 = 0xFFFF which is the last four digit hexadecimal in base-16. I couldn't find anymore GT icons from this format (or didn't bother looking that much)? I still wonder how they used Toyota & Suzuki Licensing Products in the credits.

Last edited:
The suzuki & toyota logos are simply taken from credit images on disk; they're not summoned through text.
All the logos are essentially found, this is the texture file for logos. Other logos present in the logo file which i've fully figured are the flags which we know about.

Attachments

• i_view64_VuYaszVnSC.png
    i_view64_VuYaszVnSC.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
The suzuki & toyota logos are simply taken from credit images on disk; they're not summoned through text.
All the logos are essentially found, this is the texture file for logos. Other logos present in the logo file which i've fully figured are the flags which we know about.

Thank you! All of my questions have been answered.

Last edited:
Hello!
Is it possible to have any text colored whenever you type something in-game? Something like a prefix?
Thanks.

Hello!
Is it possible to have any text colored whenever you type something in-game? Something like a prefix?
Thanks.
It's possible to have colored text practically anywhere, I already documented the prefixes for each of the menus in the Text Colors list.

It's possible to have colored text practically anywhere, I already documented the prefixes for each of the menus in the Text Colors list.
Understood. What I actually meant to ask, was if my texts - whenever the PS keyboard shows up - can appear colored in-game, without me having to type in the codes every time.

Back