The Homosexuality Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Duke
  • 9,138 comments

I think homosexuality is:

• a problem that needs to be cured.

Votes: 88 6.0%
  • a sin against God/Nature.

Votes: 145 9.8%
  • OK as long as they don't talk about it.

Votes: 62 4.2%
  • OK for anybody.

Votes: 416 28.2%
  • nobody's business but the people involved.

Votes: 765 51.8%

• Total voters
@TexRex posted this in another thread.

View attachment 1173327
Nope. It's weird that you'd repeatedly take exception to me remembering the stupid things you say and then misattribute something to me.

Edit:

My answer is, I don't know. But as Supreme Court justice Potter Stewart once said, Ill know it when I see it.
What's funny is that Justice Stewart said this of something that couldn't adequately be defined--obscenity. Because it can't adequately be defined, it's still broadly protected in the context of speech.

What you're presently saying is that you've got arbitrary standards that could be defined (you've defined arbitrary standards in the past, especially regarding that which shouldn't be subject to parental discretion) but you decline to define them here because that definition restricts application in the future.

You should know that you're more open a book than you seem to realize.

Last edited:
Nope. It's weird that you'd repeatedly take exception to me remembering the stupid things you say and then misattribute something to me.
Oh, my bad. That was @UKMikey
What's funny is that Justice Stewart said this of something that couldn't adequately be defined--obscenity. Because it can't adequately be defined, it's still broadly protected in the context of speech.
The sentiment is the same.

Oh, my bad. That was @UKMikey

The sentiment is the same.
It was actually Margaret Atwood, the author of the book it was based on. I suspect after eight million copies sold, I'd trust her instincts on how to recognise the events which lead to a far right fascist dystopia over those of someone who continually and consistently supports its leaders and instigators.

Sticking your fingers into your ears and continuing to assert that the face eating wolves will somehow leave your face intact if you swear allegiance to them is about as convincing as your bad faith everyone-else-is-lying-or-stupid tactics are in this thread.

Last edited:
Oh look, Chrunch & I's Senator gives his opinion on gay-marriage. I cut out all the radical left-wing biased outlet nonsense & just left exactly what Ted says.

"Obergefell like Roe v. Wade, ignored two centuries of our nation's history. Marriage was always an issue that was left to the states. We saw states before Obergefell—some states were moving to allow gay marriage, other states were moving to allow civil partnerships. There were different standards that the states were adopting. In Obergefell the Court said, 'no, we know better than you,' and now every state must sanction and permit gay marriage. That decision was clearly wrong when it was decided.

Last edited:
Oh look, Chunch & I's Senator gives his opinion on gay-marriage. I cut out all the radical left-wing biased outlet nonsense & just left exactly what Ted says.
What a tool. There is something known as "equal protection of the law" but let's just ignore that. I imagine he doesn't actually think all marriage is something to be left to the states.

I suspect after eight million copies sold, I'd trust her instincts on how to recognise the events which lead to a far right fascist dystopia
You understand that was fiction, right? I loved the show by the way.

Ted Cruz today said that the Supreme Court's decision to legalize gay marriage was "clearly wrong."

Cruz calls for the repeal of ban on gay sex in Texas.
AUSTIN — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says Texas should repeal a decades-old state law that criminalizes gay sex.

“Consenting adults should be able to do what they wish in their private sexual activity, and government has no business in their bedrooms,” Cruz’s spokesman told The Dallas Morning News.

His remarks make Cruz the most prominent Texas Republican to call for the repeal of one of the state’s longstanding anti-LGBT laws.

Maybe Cruz can convince Paxton:

I'd hope this would mean that federal codification of Lawrence would enjoy his vote in the Senate.

Last edited:

“Consenting adults should be able to do what they wish in their private sexual activity, and government has no business in their bedrooms,”

Just as long as they are not married.

OK, you can call me ultra cynical here but would someone objecting to the repeal of this law be able to get this pushed up as a case that could make it's way to the SCOTUS on the basis that it should be 'states rights' to decide this matter?

OK, you can call me ultra cynical here but would someone objecting to the repeal of this law be able to get this pushed up as a case that could make it's way to the SCOTUS on the basis that it should be 'states rights' to decide this matter?
I believe that SCOTUS has shown it's not above hypocrisy when it supports their POV but even if thismproves to be the case it'd be important to have this hypocrisy recorded for posterity.

Meanwhile... a progressive Presbyterian minister speaks out against Christian gay-bashing:

Someone's closet door is creaking open. That Mexican pool boy sure looked good after a few pina coladas.

The Anglican church has just rounded off one of it's little conferences with the Archbishop of Canterbury saying that the churches 1998 ruling that being gay is a sin still stands, and the ever wonderful Sandi Toksvig penned the following open letter to him as a response. It is, quite frankly, ****ing wonderful.

ST 1.jpg

ST 2.jpg

First they came for the books.......

That's a super religious area of Michigan that's dominated almost entirely by the Dutch Reformed Church, which is fairly evangelical (at least in that part of the country). I used to live in that area, and religion pretty much governs everything, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Guys stop.

:lol:

When I see this thread pop up as having a new post, I hope for some anti-LGBT bitchfit. I mean that's what's being discussed, but I mean something like the stuff from incels early in the thread.

The Anglican church has just rounded off one of it's little conferences with the Archbishop of Canterbury saying that the churches 1998 ruling that being gay is a sin still stands, and the ever wonderful Sandi Toksvig penned the following open letter to him as a response. It is, quite frankly, ****ing wonderful.

View attachment 1180751

View attachment 1180752

You know the guy that wrote that is talking about gay sex being a sin, not being gay as being a sin. There is a big difference.

There is a big difference.
Big and meaningful.

🙃

I feel like one who purports to be an atheist would understand that the notion of sin isn't particularly meaningful. Sometimes it's rooted in morals and ethics, and that's fine but it also makes "sin" superfluous, and other times it's something some mother****er at some point decided they just didn't like.

Now that mother****er could be a member of the clergy that may or may not have been sexually assaulting a young congregant or that mother****er could be an individual of sufficient wealth or prominence to curry favor from a member of the clergy that--either the member of the clergy or the individual of sufficient wealth or prominence, or both--may or may not have been sexually assaulting a young congregant or anyone else. The point is that one has social power.

Take fornication out of wedlock. There is no moral or ethical wrong here. It really just seems like some nobleman was tired of his dirty (figurative and literal, hygiene being what it was in antiquity), little slut of a daughter coming home late at night, smelling of mead and men, and so he appealed to a local priest to declare her acts sinful. Word spread as quickly as her legs and it soon became doctrine.

Last edited:
You know the guy that wrote that is talking about gay sex being a sin, not being gay as being a sin. There is a big difference.
No, in reality, it's not a big difference, it's a cop-out to allow Christians to make themselves feel better. 'Hate the sin, not the sinner' is meaningless bollocks used to justify bigotry and continue to persecute people.

If you deny a person something you freely permit others to have and attempt to use 'sin' as a reason, you are, quite frankly, an asshole.

Last edited:
No, in reality, it's not a big difference, it's a cop-out to allow Christians to make themselves feel better. 'Hate the sin, not the sinner' is meaningless bollocks used to justify bigotry and continue to persecute people.

If you deny a person something you freely permit others to have and attempt to use 'sin' as a reason, you are, quite frankly, an asshole.
The difference is a person versus an act, and that is huge.

According to the bible, we are all sinners. Using your logic, merely being human is a sin.

Back