The Human Comedy 6 - Pre1979, Alsace

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 94 comments
Not sure if it would work after the tuning changes but I'm pretty sure the Alpine A220 would still work. It's a race car with a little bit of downforce. That Mercedes was pretty quick at first but I did win the race handily after figuring out how to drive that bastard.

The Honda RA272 '65 on CM, with added weight and detuned engine, wins reasonably easily. I think I altered the gearing as well. Lapping around 2:29, and it is a no-stop race.
As there was no tyre wear showing, is this a glitch? The tyres did seem to reduce in grip during the race, but no red appeared on the tyre wear icon.

The 73 Porsche 911 Carrera RS made quick work of this one. I put comfort softs on it and a power restrictor and went after it. This car is so well balanced and easy to drive. One stop for fuel only. Short shifted only because it didn't make power up top anymore, and there wasn't much point in going beyond 6k for most shifts.

The Honda RA272 '65 on CM, with added weight and detuned engine, wins reasonably easily. I think I altered the gearing as well. Lapping around 2:29, and it is a no-stop race.
As there was no tyre wear showing, is this a glitch? The tyres did seem to reduce in grip during the race, but no red appeared on the tyre wear icon.
I just got the win with a Honda RA272 on CMs but I wouldn't call it easy. I detuned and added ballast, and lowered the required top speed gearing. I managed to get away cleanly and stuck behind P1 and P2 for the first half of the race. The trick is not to spin or go deep at all. Not even once. I noticed that P1 and P2 sometimes sped up and sometimes slowed, but I just kept out of their way because I learnt from my first attempt at this race that they will try and goad you into a wheel-to-wheel and then ram you. So just let them get on with it and stay clear. They pit at the 30-min mark, after which you can focus on maintaining good, clean laps with no mistakes. Stay focussed. My average laptime was around 2:31, which was driving at about 97% of my ability. I pushed to 100% on the first attempt, but like I say, one spin, one mistake, and you probably won't recover! I only won by ten seconds, which is less time than it takes to recover from a spin on a hill. I also noted zero indicated tyre wear but the grip did fall off towards the end of the race.

The 73 Porsche 911 Carrera RS made quick work of this one. I put comfort softs on it and a power restrictor and went after it. This car is so well balanced and easy to drive. One stop for fuel only. Short shifted only because it didn't make power up top anymore, and there wasn't much point in going beyond 6k for most shifts.
Thank you, the Porsche was amazing, 43 seconds ahead the 2nd!

Back