The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,043 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
Has anyone managed to win this yet, and if so, in what car and with what strategy?

My best so far is 2nd in the Corvette, with a RH 1 stop.

The winner was the M6 '16 with 30 laps 1:00:56, and I was 12 seconds back. I suppose that's only 0.4 seconds per lap, which is definitely achievable by simply getting better at driving it. I tried the RX-Vision GT3 Concept before the Corvette, but I'd say the Corvette was a little bit better.

Nobody on my friends list has won it yet.

first try just now I was 5 seconds behind the leader with only one minor mistake, laps were consistently around 58.0 to 58.5 with my best lap being a mid 57. in the mclaren, I did the one stop strat with hard tyres, think you can do a one stop with mediums if you take care of the tyres since there are only 2 serious braking zones - t1 and banky boy - all other braking areas encourage like 50%-70% braking power. my fuel map was approx 1.5 with short shifting. actually very happy that this is a bit of a challenge. i'm a low A+ dr driver

wonder if the mazda would be better since you can short shift it judging by the daily race C in spa at the moment??

Last edited:
I think I chose badly by using the 911 for my first attempt - one stop strategy, no real mistakes, and finished around 40 seconds behind the leader. Those fast flowing corners and long straights probably reward something with more top end

think you can do a one stop with mediums if you take care of the tyres since there are only 2 serious braking zones - t1 and banky boy - all other braking areas encourage like 50%-70% braking power
I tried one stop mediums for the first 30 mins of my first attempt, but I felt the 2nd stint where I switched to hards was better. I'm using a controller, so it's not that easy to reliably hit 50-70% braking. I was definitely losing significant time in the late part of the 30 mins with mediums, and I felt it was too much relative to the time saved at the start.

second attempt in the porsche. won with about 15 seconds to spare. one stop strategy, hard tyres, fuel map was 1 and I short shifted at like 60-70% of the gears

MOST INTERESTINGLY: I thought it would be the BMW endurance model that would be second with lopez in 3rd (because that was the previous result). but no, 2nd was beavois in the merc, lopez 3rd and the bmw in 4th. whatever they did with the AI here has worked out great. even if there is a chase-the-rabbit going on, and im not sure if there is, it's very well disguised by the alternative strategies that the AI are utilising. a LOT of fun, seriously most fun I've had in an AI race easily. looking forward to the other hour races

Last edited:
It's the only one of the Gr3/10 Lap races that I could win so far...used the Jaguar Gr3 F-Type...
Hard Tires, one Stop...

edit: actually i didn't win the Human Comedy, I got something mixed up there...

Last edited:
Can you lower the difficulty or are these races not affected by it?
They aren't affected by it in any sensible way. Going out, changing the AI difficulty, and going back in, can change the difficulty of missions in an unpredictable way. They can be easier on hard than on easy. But with an hour race, you can't really see what it's going to be like.

I did a two stop race with a BMW M6 Endurance Model. Only Mediums tyres, stopped after 20 and 40 minutes. Every stint ten laps. Won by 2 seconds. Fastest lap was 1:57. Most laps 1:58, with lapping of other cars some 1:59.

Don't feel great about it, but I succumbed to the assists and switched on ASM, TC to 0, with the RCZ. Still had to drive the race of my life - two stops on racing mediums and finished around 12 seconds ahead of 2nd - and that's with babying it on the final lap. Delighted with that result

I just completed this race with mercedes amg gt3. For me it feels much easier to handle the amg's rear than the M6 gt3. Two stop race only racing medium tyres. Stopped laps 10 and 20. Fastest lap 1.57.286 avg laps around 1.58 and 1.59 Gap to second at finish 3,4s

I used the Genesis Gr.3 with Mediums and Fuelmap 1
Pitstops at Lap 11 and 22 i won by a 13 Seconds and i spun in Lap 20 that cost me around 6 seconds.
Fastest Lap was a 1.57,1xx

I'm shocked. I'm watching Youtube video and it's recommended to use Peugeot RCZ gr3. My best lap is 2:00, and AI common laps 1:57-1:58. Even with new tires (race normal) AI faster then me on the lines.
It seems like this Mission is created for users who can get Gold for Race expirience, and I can get only bronze.
It's pitty, cos I have got gold almost everywhere in GT Sport. And I can't get even 15th place in this Mission. Is it normal? I don't understand it. I'm not a great racer, but not the worst. I think that difficulty should fit for the most of users, not for the fasters 10-20%

Last edited:
I think this is the only offline race I've come across on GT7 which uses BoP (I didn't notice my turbo mod was missing until 50 minutes in) so the cars which are dominating in sport mode will probably be the best here too, think Mazda and Peugeot.

I used the 911 on hards and 1 stopped with a little fuel saving (map 1 but a couple of laps of short shifting), all the front running AI 2 stopped on mediums, on fresh tyres they were 1-2s faster but fall off after a few laps to around the same pace and lose quite a lot of time around the stops. The wear on hards wasn't bad after 30 minutes so you can probably get away with mediums in a 'safe' car like the Porsche.

I think this is the only offline race I've come across on GT7 which uses BoP (I didn't notice my turbo mod was missing until 50 minutes in) so the cars which are dominating in sport mode will probably be the best here too, think Mazda and Peugeot.
Could you please explain why would those be better on that mission?

I have golded the CE for this track, just to learn it for the mission. In CE my time is around 1.58.4, and in the race, when I use exactly the same 8c GT3, I am not able to get below 2.00.5 (both CE and the race on RH).

I have golded the CE for this track, just to learn it for the mission. In CE my time is around 1.58.4, and in the race, when I use exactly the same 8c GT3, I am not able to get below 2.00.5 (both CE and the race on RH).
At CE, the car very certainly does not drive with BoP.
You can see that quite well in the track experience from the Ring. I know the Ring well and also the BMW... my BMW with BoP runs noticeably slower than the M6 in the CE.

I got gold on this yesterday in the Viper Gr.3 doing a 2-stop on Mediums, pitting on the first opportunity after the 20 and 40 minute marks. I also did very mild shortshifting, shifting immediately as the bar filled rather than revving to the limiter. This ended up being more important than I realised as the refuelling speed in this race is incredibly slow and even with that I was marginally worse than some AI for fuel.

In my race the BMW M6 seemed to be the bar for the 2-stop pace and the Renault RS01 the bar for the 1-stop pace. The M6 was rapid and very tough to keep pace with, but the usual AI flaws do let it down. In spite of the immense speed it has in clean air, it is horrendous at dealing with traffic and backmarkers. If you can navigate them quickly they will really help you keep up with the M6 or gain distance from it even if you can't go toe-to-toe with it in a 1v1.

That said, you do need to have reasonable and consistent pace. I finished about 10s ahead of P2 IIRC doing 1:58-2:00s.

This one was the hardest of the bunch for me, only won it by +-10s too with RCZ.
Need to do at least 1.59 per lap in average to win I think.

I haven't tried them but they both seem to be the go to cars for daily races when BOP is on, the Peugeot RCZ is usually the fastest on the leaderboards and the Mazda is fast and very good on fuel consumption.
Should I tune the RCZ and let the game to tune it down? Or leave it stock?

Should I tune the RCZ and let the game to tune it down? Or leave it stock?
I think with BoP on the game will do it for you, I presume that blocks you from tuning the settings (suspension, downforce, etc) too but I'm not sure. I know it took the turbo off my Porsche so buying parts is probably a waste.

The BoP is still quite unbalanced in GT7, so those cars have more speed than others have.

In CE you don't have fuel on board, whereas during the race you have. 2 seconds slower sounds plausible with a full tank and new tires. By the time your fuel tank goes empty you're tires will have worn, so you won't be much quicker, than compared to the start of the race.

Might try this later. Are they rubberbanding, or are they legit fast? Also, is it a rolling start?

Might try this later. Are they rubberbanding, or are they legit fast? Also, is it a rolling start?
Rolling start, and they're legitimately quick even whilst you're making your way through the pack.

I was losing ground to the M6 in the first stint after getting into clear air and only narrowly jumped it at the first pit stop because it filled to 100% and I only took on enough to get to the next pit stop. From there it was nipping at my heels until we reached traffic, where it got slowed down and I got some breathing room. Once it cleared it though, that gap started coming down again.

At the second pit stop the situation reversed with me coming out slightly behind as I had to stop for longer, so had to fight with it and then make use of the backmarkers to get away.

Just tried this in the Viper, 2 stops, RM. Ran 1:58's pretty much the entire time and finished 13 seconds behind a one stopping Huracan...very frustrating! I pitted on 20 and 40 min mark, and (somehow) after my first Pitstop he was 45s clear, even though I was leading when I stopped. He then remained there the rest of the race.

Back