The INDY Classes!!!!

• Thread starter kingking
  • 79 comments
when commen on this thread, please read it properly why thread was made, and also explain why the cars that dosent seem right runs with each other thanks

1969 Ford GT40 - 10.1
1967 Ford Mark IV - 9.8
1967 Chapparal 2D - 9.7
1967 Ferarri 330 P4 - 9.4
2002 Ford GT - 9.2
1969 Chapparal 2J - 8.9

Just a few underused cars I've tuned.

1969 Ford GT40 - 10.1
1967 Ford Mark IV - 9.8
1967 Chapparal 2D - 9.7
2002 Ford GT - 9.2
1969 Chapparal 2J - 8.9

I tuned the ford gt 02. Running 9.268. Thinking about running and tuning that 2J. Could be a gtr 12 killer.

youre right slash theres other thread over here with infos for the people that are always over here..prob is any lobby you go to people will be racing cars that out class others cars either they dont know or new ,,,, so i refer them here which runs which , an when we have class comp aswell... we want to help new ones :)
I know you are doing it for a good cause but you can simply refer them to the other threads which are already in existence. If they know they aren't top notch then they can look up a few slots.
it should also be further noted in the OP that the cars in the brackets listed are with just average tunes, many cars listed here are easily capable of running times in the bracket before it with a very good tune, for example in the 9.8 class the Cuda, Challenger RM, Buick Special and the Merc C63 all run well into the 9.7's.

To add more the Ford Lightning is a solid 10.3 truck and the Buick GNX a solid 10.4 car
+1

I know you are doing it for a good cause but you can simply refer them to the other threads which are already in existence. If they know they aren't top notch then they can look up a few slots.

+1
Its been said several times in this thread already but I'll say it again, the brackets in Wich some cars have been placed have NOTHING to do with their ssrx times as 0 to 60 and 0 to 100 play a fair more more important role at Indy as it is well known the strip at Indy is shorter than a true 1/4 mile, example if someone thinks 9.79X Buick special should run in the 9.7 bracket then try run other 9.7 cars with superior 0 to 60 and see what happens I've beaten countless amounts of Buick specials in my 9.807 2010 chevy ss simply due to the awesome 0 to 60 in the 2010 ss, challenger rt is a even better example with it's 0 to 60 far better than the fastest tuned chevelle, yet a challenger will never hit mid 9.8 or better as the chevelle does, 99% of daily drag online drag racers would have seen at some point two different cars with identical bsl's that simply don't match up evenly at Indy, compare a 89 300zx running 9.81 against a 9.807 Chevrolet 2010 ss, .003 difference at ssrx... Yet when raced at Indy the chevy has a huge advantage, I strongly encourage ppl to try this for them selves with the ppl they often tree evenly with, ssrx times don't mean squat at Indy.

0-60 and 0-100 times vary IMMENSELY depending on the person tuning the car. However I think if anything you should post what a general area should be rather than just having cars posted with general times.

0-60 and 0-100 times vary IMMENSELY depending on the person tuning the car. However I think if anything you should post what a general area should be rather than just having cars posted with general times.

ok i dont know if its either you don't understand or you're lost lol Kt, angeldemon, danny280zxturbo, smokenrubber and aus tuner gets it....but this thread are for new guys that are new on gt5 and gt planet.... not all of them are familiarize with gtplanet.. they just do a google search gt drag tunes and itll come here, they dont have the time to look around for classes they get the respectable tuners tuned and go with it...then they tune, go online running and have no idea what that class of cars matching , so they come back wondering why a charger lost to a cuda..with curiosity they'll look through DLRs thread but Dlrs thread is more in putting them in launch and classes,....this thread go along side to side with it to show what runs what.....its not about your tuned but its the generalization of cars that most of the pro guys think should run with there feedback's off course ....

10.5s Nissan Z34 08, And the SS Chevy truck!

10.9s Honda S2000s and also Nissan 240s, 180sx.....

12.0s DC2 01, VW GOLF GTI, 240z, Celica GTS 02......

11.6s DC299, DC5 04, Fiat Turbo, Civic 08, Prelude Type S96, Ford Tourus SHO, DC5 03, Ford Focus ST 06.

11.7sDC295, Ford Focus, EK 97,

11.8s EG95, 91, 93, EK98, Hyndai Tiburon GT01,

11.9s RSX04, Focus ST170 03,

thanks for input just updated it....keep them coming bro :)

1969 Ford GT40 - 10.1
1967 Ford Mark IV - 9.8
1967 Chapparal 2D - 9.7
2002 Ford GT - 9.2
1969 Chapparal 2J - 8.9

cheers Mate Keep them coming :) hehe im starting to use race cars for there classes

Quick question king the le mans quattro and the aventador both can run 8.8s. Did you put them in the 8.9s because most people who have them run in the 8.9s? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

Quick question king the le mans quattro and the aventador both can run 8.8s. Did you put them in the 8.9s because most people who have them run in the 8.9s? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

hey bro um Audi should be running in its own class say 8.8 but because no other cars there so most of the time we put them together with Be an Aventador even though its not fair .....

kingking
hey bro um Audi should be running in its own class say 8.8 but because no other cars there so most of the time we put them together with Be an Aventador even though its not fair .....

True i figured that. Its not fair but not everyone can tune a lmq or aventador. Like me i am pretty sure you have run into noobs with lmq's and aventadors and you destroy them with a B.E. They will claim as always that you are hacked because you won and at the end of the day you cant explainto them that its your tune and your skill on the track.

True i figured that. Its not fair but not everyone can tune a lmq or aventador. Like me i am pretty sure you have run into noobs with lmq's and aventadors and you destroy them with a B.E. They will claim as always that you are hacked because you won and at the end of the day you cant explainto them that its your tune and your skill on the track.

tell me about it....nowadays there's two types of noobs 1:tdown:. the one that come here use tunes here an claim one of the respectable tuners tune as there own, when loosing they say your hack cause there tune should blah blah....2 is plain simple noob where they loose they ask for tune...i like number 2:tup: noob cause they're down to earth and not cocky as for number one ill use every sort of word in 256 language to described how cocky they are....

I use this thread from time to time, it helps alot of people pick the right car to use, maybe we should all tell people to join up to gtplanet and help them understand how to tune a car

I use this thread from time to time, it helps alot of people pick the right car to use, maybe we should all tell people to join up to gtplanet and help them understand how to tune a car

yes :idea:get those new guys to come here to gtplanet rather than me typing every single car list :) for what ever class we are doing

yes :idea:get those new guys to come here to gtplanet rather than me typing every single car list :) for what ever class we are doing

Agreed, it sometimes gets frustrating when a time bracket is organized for a comp let's say 10.1 for example, 8 or 9 ppl might get the correct matching cars As they are written down on the in game msg board, then you get a handful of others trying to claim their supras/rx7's or even r32's! only run 10.1... I like to kick these jokers haha, as a clean room is a good room. Many times I have seen a 9.3 sec comp minutes away from kicking off only to have to return to pit lane to remove a few spec v's that thought they could slip under the radar, we did have some excellent comps last night though

I reckon this place is sweet I,am new to GTP an i was LOST till i came here to this thread,an I find it straight forward an simple to use so top effort boys an keep up the excellent Work, I am 100% sure it is helping other New guys just like is has for me...

A couple more, the Buick GNX 87 is firmly on the 10.4 bracket and the Pontiac Solstice does 10.7's.

Fantastic job mate! This thread is great helps us get a better understanding of what cars go good against each other. Much respect king

Back