The InterContinental Grand Touring Tournament - Presented By Dunlop Tire

  • Thread starter Thread starter smugpug357
  • 56 comments
  • 2,711 views
Messages
33
Messages
lmnfes
ICGTT+Official.jpg


Realistic racing, priceless performance.

This is the beginning of the first season (hopefully) of the ICGTT - the InterContinental Grand Touring Tournament. I hope that GTPlanet members will show their full enthusiasm when it comes to this event. This is just a shout out to an idea that I hope will succeed.

My goal is to try to create the best simulation of real GT events from across the globe using the Open Lobby mechanism in Gran Turismo 5. I will match available cars in Gran Turismo 5 to certain specs of the future, the now, and the past.

RULES​

These particular rules hold unless I make a decision to change them based on a change of mind or a suggestion from a member of the GTPlanet community.

There shall be two categories of racing: GT1 and GT2. GT1 cars are known for their exceptional top speed yet poor cornering. This opposite is so for GT2 - great cornering but poor top speed. GT1s are usually a little faster on most tracks, but on very tight tracks, GT2s are the faster.

CAR OPTIONS

This is a list of cars available in this championship:

(FYI what I mean by "Spec'd is tuned faster or slower to match a GT1 or GT2 pace.

GT1

Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09 (Spec'd)*
Ferrari Enzo '02 (Spec'd)*
Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car
Corvette Z06 RM
GT by Citroen Race Car*
McLaren F1 Race Car*
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car*
Amuse S200 GT1 Turbo*
Ferrari 458 Italia Tuned*
McLaren MP4-12C '11 Tuned*
Audi R8 LMS Race Car*

GT2

Aston Martin DB9 Tuned
TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM
Chevrolet Camaro (Tuned or RM'd - haven't decided yet)*
Jaguar XKR Tuned*
Corvette ZR1 RM*
Lamborghini Gallardo Tuned
Ferrari 430 Scuderia Tuned*
BMW M3 Tuned
Lotus Evora Tuned*
Dodge ACR-10 Viper Tuned*
Ferrari California Tuned

The cars with * by them indicate I don't have them. Big mistake buying the Formula GT car, I used to have 4 million credits. I'm now down to 500,000. But I'll work it out quick. Trust me, with all of the events in the game unlocked except most of the endurance events, I can put together money REAL quick. But I do need admins. Also, you can choose your car and category from this list, but once you've chosen it, there's no turning back on it. You will have to race it for the rest of the season unless you quit mid-season.

_____________________________________________

That'll be it on the cars. The points system is...

1st: 16
2nd: 15
3rd: 14
4th: 13
5th: 12
6th: 11
7th: 10
8th: 9
9th: 8
10th: 7
11th: 6
12th: 5
13th: 4
14th: 3
15th: 2
16th: 1

I just want to keep it simple that way :sly:.

To add to that, if you crash someone out on purpose or not purposefully, you shall be penalized 3 points, and the crashed driver (sorry) gets no points more or less than what he finished to.

IMPORTANT: You CAN quit any time through the season, but you CANNOT quit mid race. I won't allow you back if you quit mid-race. Quitting mid-season will prevent from racing any others races in the tournament this season.

All cars need to be on soft racing tires.

The schedule has not been decided at this moment, but the tracks have been set - almost. If you have any suggestions just post them right here on this thread.

The tracks:

Monza (Weather)
Circuit de La Sarthe (weather/time change)
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring 24h (weather/time change)
Fuji Speedway
Tsukuba Circuit
Suzuka Circuit
Monaco

There will be eight races in the season.

If you are interested in this upcoming (hopefully) season, just post your information in this form...

PSN ID: ________
Category Choice: _____
Car Choice: ___________
Time Zone: ________

Hopefully you can get the car you want. I would suggest to add a secondary car choice just in case you can't get your first wish.

The race settings will, as of right now, be:

Driving Line OFF
Skid Recovery Force OFF
Active Stability Management OFF
Tire/Fuel Consumption ON
Mechanical Damage HEAVY
Anti-Lock Bracking 1
Time Progression 1 (on races with time progression)

I shall give a warning that a race is two days ahead on this thread if we get this idea off and running. I'll open the room for those days and post the room number. You can practice there. Qualifying result process is TBD. Tip: try learning the track first with the driving line on and then with the driving line off after about 30 laps.

Races will be an hour long except the Circuit de La Sarthe and Nurburgring 24 races; they will be 2 hours.

WARNING: YOU MUST BE ABOVE LEVEL 25 TO COMPETE IN THE SERIES. YOU MUST ALSO AGREE TO THE HONOR CODE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON YOUR CAR. If any trickery is detected, you will be disqualified and never allowed back in any of my events.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free the post them!

BTW I'll edit this particular post when suggestions/improvements come to me.

ALSO, I NEED SOME ADMINS WHO HAVE PORTIONS OF THE CARS ON THE CAR LIST. Cars with * by them indicate I don't have them. I'm not sure how this whole admin thing works yet, but I'll figure it out. For now, start entering!!!

Cheers,
smugpug357
 
Last edited:
BTW, here's my form...

PSN ID: lnmfes
Category Choice: GT1
Car Choice: Ferrari 458 Italia
Time Zone: Central
 
Last edited:
Anyone interested?

I'd really like to get this one off the ground.
 
Alright this sounds awesome, nice track list and car choices.
PSN ID: Mitch_Z06
Category Choice: GT1
Car Choice: C6 Z06 RM
Time Zone: AEST UTC+10
 
Thanks!!! We're off and running now. I'll PM more people I think might be interested.

We're going to do the Ferrari California instead of the 599. I think it suits the series better... it's more modern and better looking.

Good news on the front of GT2. I've dialed in the Aston Martin DB9 and the Ferrari California to run at 4:01 at Circuit de La Sarthe. I'm not the best driver, but I am pretty good. I'll probably finish near the bottom at all of the races, but who cares?!

Aston Martin DB9 Setup:

Weight Reduction 2/3
Soft Tires
A bunch of other stuff... :) - improvements, nonetheless (I'll post them later - I'm racing right now)

The Ferrari California needed to be slowed down after I put the Titanium Racing Exhaust on it (I know, a bit overkill). It's still a hair faster, but only by about 1/2 a second on Circuit de La Sarthe. I lowered the downforce. It's got about 2 MPH faster on the straights than the Aston and about the same in the corners. Oh well...

I'm going to try to improve the Tuscan Speed Six RM. It's bad slow. Absolutely horrific... 20 seconds of the pace of the Aston Martin and the Ferrari California. I have a lot of work to do on that car. If it is not possible, I'll consider ditching the race modification and just tune it manually (shoot, I have to get another car). That should get it up to speed.

Also I'm ditching the BMW GTR Race Car and going with manual tuning in GT Auto and Tuning.
 
This sounds promising, car list need a lttle work though. I'm available on weekends so depending on schedule you can sign me right in!
Psn: Jav122678
Cat: GT1
Car: C6 Z06 RM #68 (secondary car Audi R8LMS for GT2)
Time Zone: US EST
 
Thank you so much, Jav!

You will have to settle with your secondary car because MitchZ06 took the Corvette Z06 RM, so is that okay with you if you run the Audi R8 LMS? 👍

Cheers,
smugpug357:cheers:
 
Thank you so much, Jav!

You will have to settle with your secondary car because MitchZ06 took the Corvette Z06 RM, so is that okay with you if you run the Audi R8 LMS? 👍

Cheers,
smugpug357:cheers:
You got mail!
If the R8 runs in GT2 the answer is Yes very much Yes! If not Put me up on GT1 With the Ford Test Car spec II!!
 
THE NEW CAR LIST

GT1:

TVR Tuscan Speed RM and Tuned

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car (good choice - remember this from the Dream Car Championship)

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (changing this because I don't have the test car but I do have this one)

Corvette Z06 RM

GT by Citroen Road Car

McLaren F1 Race Car

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (chose it over the NSX - R)

Dodge Viper ACR-10 (good idea with that - not doing the Team Oreca though) Tuned

BMW GTR Race Car

GT2:

Camaro Tuned

Lamborghini Murcielago SV Tuned

Ferrari Enzo Tuned

Ferrari 458 Italia Tuned

McLaren MP4-12C Tuned

Audi R8 LMS

Aston Martin DB9 Tuned

430 Scuderia Tuned

Gallardo Tuned

Lotus Elise RM (good choice)

I'm bringing back the Maserati :) (Tuned)

Ferrari California Tuned
 
Last edited:
TVR Tuscan Speed RM Changed to GT1. Found out how to turn it from a slow GT2 car to a fast GT1 car. Just go to settings! Dumb me... :sly:
 
Changing test track to the first sector of Nordschleife. Aston Martin is lookin' good with the wing. Same goes for the Ferrari California. Putting soft tires on the Corvette Z06 RM now (don't know why it didn't come with soft tires). I'll be putting testing times up soon.
 
TESTING TIMES!

Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife/Sector 1

Red = GT1
Blue = GT2

1. Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II - 1:11.684 (Insanely fast; had to add 100 kg. of ballast)
2. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RM - 1:11.905 (SMOKIN HOT!!!)

3. Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670 SuperVeloce Tuned - 1:15.350 (I had to restrict that thing like crazy - would have absolutely blown away the rest of the GT2s if I hadn't)
4. Ferrari California - 1:15.582
5. Chevrolet Camaro RM '10 - 1:15.765
6. TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM - 1:16.187
7. Aston Martin DB9 Tuned - 1:16.204


Notes: Everything about the Lamborghini was, when I first got it, screaming "GT1, GT1, GT1!" Well, I could have put it in GT1 unrestricted but I decided to make the GT field bigger and put it in GT2. I had to add 100 kg. of ballast and restrict the motor down to 80% of its regular HP and it STILL got a blistering time. I'm going to have to do the same with the TVR Tuscan Speed.

I will update this soon.
 
Last edited:
Ill be interested in running i have a maxed Tuscan Speed 6 w/o RM
 
This is going to be AWESOME. I've switched the TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM back to GT2 because of the blistering time I just set in the Corvette Z06 RM. I'll add some ballast to even things out.
 
I just thought of something very important. Your cars won't stay the same all year. I shall change their settings for different races to make the races closer... just wanted to let you know.:sly:

Cheers,
smugpug357
 
Ok, so what HP figures are we looking at for GT1? Don't get too carried away, we don't want cars that will eat tires in 5 laps or just 2 laps of the Nordshleife!
Also, are you testing online or offline? If online, is it a public room or your private lounge?
 
And why are you ditching the Ford? That car is damn quick! And sweet to drive!
 
Ford GT LM needs to be in GT1 man. Cant have Corvette vs FGT battles otherwise :P
 
You've convinced me, Jav. :sly:

Okay, 500th edit here we come!!!

Cheers,
smugpug357
 
And what do you mean by the Ford being in GT2. It's in GT1, clear as day, just above.
 
Test times at Suzuka (pretend Nordschleife isn't there)

GT2:

  1. Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670 SuperVeloce Tuned - 2:03.087
  2. Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 - 2:03.803
  3. Ferrari California Tuned - 2:03.966
  4. TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM - 2:04.071
  5. Aston Martin DB9 Tuned - 2:04.482
 
Last edited:
PSN: mustardaddict

Car: Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car

Time Vote: Sundays 7 PM EST

PS (how do you plan on implementing setting restrictions and such?) It would likely work better just to have all the cars out at full potential.
 
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

These are the basic car specs for the whole season. You won't know the rest (but trust me, these cars have been tuned to nearly identical).

GT2

ASTON MARTIN DB9 TUNED
- Power Limit: 100%
- Downforce: As high as it will go on both sides
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Goodwood Green

CHEVROLET CAMARO SS RM '10
- Power Limit: 88%
- Downforce: Low as it will go
- Ballast: 200
- Tires: Medium Racing
- Color: Starlight Black Metallic

FERRARI CALIFORNIA TUNED '08
- Power Limit: 95%
- Downforce: Lowest
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Grigio Alloy

LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP 670 SUPERVELOCE TUNED

- Power Limit: 77%
- Downforce: Default
- Ballast: 200
- Color: ? (Something blackish-purple)

TVR TUSCAN SPEED SIX RM

- Power Limit: 88%
- Downforce: Default
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Reflex Spice

By the way, GT1 cars will be running about 500-800 hp. Don't freak out... the speed is all monitored by the Power Output Limiter. I could turn a Peugeot 908 race car into a Kubelwagen if I wanted to with that thing... maybe.:sly:

Cheers,
smugpug357
 
Last edited:
You've convinced me, Jav. :sly:

Okay, 500th edit here we come!!!

Cheers,
smugpug357

Lol!!
Sorry to keep bugging you so much man! I think you're headed in the right direction here! People have loyalties an a passion for cars like this, if you give them a series to run them in they'll come to you!
 
Ford GT LM needs to be in GT1 man. Cant have Corvette vs FGT battles otherwise :P

Mitch you are making me want to jump in a Ford GT an take the battle to you in that hot Vette of yours!!
 
Haha what my ALMS one? I'll be hoping it can be a double championship winner :P
 
Uhm looks really interesting... i just need to choose a car, i love almost averything on the list so it's difficult, lol.
I'm testing my db9 now.
 
When will start this? Please put the time and date on the tracks!
 
You know what! Put me up for GT1 with that ford GT Test Car Spec II
 
Back