The InterContinental Grand Touring Tournament - Presented By Dunlop Tire

  • Thread starter Thread starter smugpug357
  • 56 comments
  • 2,711 views
Bring it :sly: haha

Lol!!! I always see you running up front all by yourself on the ALMS, I'll try to keep you company on this one!
 
Haha would be nice if GT1 in ALMS had more people in it tho...however back to this series. It'll be fun as racing just GT1 and GT2, more cars equal to each other plus slightly slower traffic :D
 
Ok, so after doing some long 4 hours testing of my own here's what I got.
All laps at Nurburgring GP F on a 4 lap run.

GT1 cars restricted to 1150kg/683hp:

Corvette Z06 RM(683HP/1150): 1.52:008

McLaren F1 GTR(683HP/1150): 1.52:863

Zonda LM Race Car(683HP/1150): 1.53:678

Ford Test Car spec II(683HP/1165): 1.49:010

BMW M3 GTR(677HP/1150): 1.53:116

Citroen GT Race Car(638HPmax tune/1200Kg): 1.54:036

S2000 GT1(641HPmax tune/1150kg): 1.56:882

Ok, so that's what I got for GT1 after initial testing.

BMW M3 GTR I think this car set the benchmark for GT1, we should aim our times to what it did.

Ford Test Car Spec II was just stupid fast! A HP handicap is seriously needed for this beast 50 HP at the least!

Corvette was right as expected a slight 35-40HP restriction should put it right on pace.

McLaren F1 GTR was fast as expected, again a slight 25-30HP drop should put it on pace.

Zonda LM fell right where I expected to just leave it as it is.

Citroen GT Race Car this was the surprise of the session. Despite the handicap in HP and wheight it was less than a second from the pace some further tunning and seat time will put it right there!

S2000 GT1 just like I expected, don't get me wrong this is probably my favorite car of the game and my favorite car period! But it just don't cut it for GT1, but it is an exellent candidate for GT2!

So there it is! I'm gonna keep on playing with the cars to get them to the 1.53:xxx target. I'll update you as I make progress!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Ok! So after further testing here's what I've got:

Ford GT Test Car SpecII(555/1165kg): 1.53:072

Corvette Z06 C6 RM(640HP/1150kg): 1.53:256

McLaren F1 GTR(600/1150kg): 1.53:325

Ok! There you go! That's as close as it can get! That Ford beast took a 123HP handycap to get it on pace, the McLaren took 83HP and the Corvette took a 43HP handycap. But now we have a level playing field for GT1!
Whew! That took some work! I'm beat! Going to sleep now!
GT2 testing coming up tomorrow!
 
Staying up till four in the morning testing cars? Whatever floats your boat, Jav...:sly:

That helps a lot with your testing. And geez this thing has really exploded (in a good way) overnight. With the fast progress you're making, are you willing to test all the cars? That would help out lots. But, like I did, you're going to need to post the basic specs of the cars. Forget the color of the cars :dunce:

Okay, I've signed Jav up for Ford GT Race Car and Mitch you are staying with Z06, correct.

I've come to a conclusion on when these races are going to be happening. I have a limited schedule because I have two houses (one doesn't have a PS3 in it). So this is going to have to be a one week on one week off. Or we could do a racing weekend mania thing where we go for racing on Saturday and Sunday and forget it for the rest of the week until the two weeks until the next Saturday and Sunday. Remember people on here still have school (it's not like it's a whole group of adults who are addicted to GT5 - we're talking to you, too, Jav:sly:). We need to keep this "kid-friendly," if you know what I mean. But they have to be good racers. I'll go take a look at my track list and make some decisions.
 
I'm going to try to figure out the whole lounge thing then to test on. Supposedly "the physics are totally different." Once I'm on, I'll tell ya the necessary information to get on.
 
BTW a question to you all: on the Open Lobby thing, I can't download the new update that will supposedly give a smoother ride. It gets frozen. Will that effect things hugely?
 
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Join my lounge to test! I'll be a while because I'm loading the latest update... boring.
 
Last edited:
Your going to have to wait actually because I'm testing cars to pretty much match each other's speeds and cornering abilities with time ghosts. You can't do that online. So we'll have to just wait a little bit.
 
I'll have a crack testing with ya.
 
Just got 395,000 in my wallet now (my GT5 wallet, that is).

Going to go out and buy some cars.
 
I think I have a good plan involving testing. I test GT2 and Jav tests GT1 on different tracks. Since they are both different categories (he's doing Nurburgring F1 Track and I'm doing Suzuka), it won't really matter as long as GT2 is slower (I couldn't even come near the GT1 time on Nurburgring in the Lambo).

I'll post my setups right here. This will be an important post when it comes down to raceday.
 
THE CAR SPECS

GT2

ASTON MARTIN DB9 TUNED

- Power Limit: 100%
- Downforce: As high as it will go on both sides
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Goodwood Green

CHEVROLET CAMARO SS RM '10

- Power Limit: 88%
- Downforce: Low as it will go
- Ballast: 200
- Tires: Medium Racing
- Color: Starlight Black Metallic

FERRARI 458 ITALIA TUNED '10

- Power Limit: 88%
- Downforce: Default
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Yellow

FERRARI CALIFORNIA TUNED '08

- Power Limit: 95%
- Downforce: Lowest
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Grigio Alloy

LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP 670 SUPERVELOCE TUNED

- Power Limit: 77%
- Downforce: Default
- Ballast: 200
- Downforce: Default
- Color: ? (Something blackish-purple)

TVR TUSCAN SPEED SIX RM

- Power Limit: 88%
- Downforce: Default
- Ballast: 0
- Tires: Soft Racing
- Color: Reflex Spice

These are the exact specs you'll be using in the races.

BTW Ferrari 458 Italia just topped the charts in GT2 at Suzuka. And I'll be driving!!!

I think Jav has got the information on the specs for GT1. Like I said before, I'm focusing on GT2.
 
Last edited:
Ok! so here's the Specs for GT1 so far:

All cars using Racing Soft tires with a minum allowed wheight of 1150kg, all tunning is free but the car must meet the Specs in acordance with the following.

-Zonda LM - - - 683hp - - - 1150kg

-BMW M3 GTR - - - 677hp - - - 1150kg

-Citroen GT Race Car - - - 658hp - - - 2000kg

-Corvette Z06 C6 RM )6' - - - 640hp - - - 1150kg

-Ford GT Test Car Spec II - - - 555hp - - - 1165kg

-McLaren F1 GTR Race Car - - - 600hp - - - 1150kg

Still to test the GTR LM


Ok, so here's where we stand with the Viper SRT 10 ACR. Car simply lacks the pace for GT1, at a minimum obtainable weight of 1257kg and a overly gross hp of 728 it is still at 1.57:728 over 3 seconds off the pace for GT1. However it's weight puts it right on with the GT2 road cars so it is a strong candidate for GT2.

In absense of a GTR LM I did some testing on the Nissan Z LM Concept and at 64hp/1150kg it is right on the money with a 1.53:486
 
Last edited:
Good. More GT2 business for me, then. :sly:

I kind of figured that was going to happen. It's faster than the GT2's with tuning, but I'll put some ballast in it to make it happen. I like your way of speccing cars (is speccing a word?). Here they are in your kind of standards (I'll post soon)
 
WARNING: YOU MUST BE ABOVE LEVEL 25 TO COMPETE IN THE SERIES. YOU MUST ALSO AGREE TO THE HONOR CODE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON YOUR CAR. If any trickery is detected, you will be disqualified and never allowed back in any of my events.
Im sorry LOL but any of your events... noyone will care im not saying your events are bad but some people will think there're bad
 
Last edited:
How are my events going to be bad? I would suggest you don't make another negative comment or else you will be reported. Sorry.

Anyways, here are the specs for the cars so far.

Ferrari 458 Italia '10 Tuned
  • 536 HP
  • 1485 KG
  • Soft Tires
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
  • 602 HP
  • 1410 KG
  • Medium Tires
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 SV '09 Tuned
  • 588 HP
  • 1468 KG
  • Soft Tires
TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM
  • 399 HP
  • 885 KG
  • Soft Tires
Ferrari California '08 Tuned
  • 528 HP
  • 1630 KG
  • Soft Tires

I might need some help from some good tuners (I'm kind of lost on how to tune it down to the T - I've got them pretty close but it does need a little tweaking).
 
How are my events going to be bad? I would suggest you don't make another negative comment or else you will be reported. Sorry.
im seriously offended by your inability to actually read a comment properly. Why? Well i didnt say your events are going to be bad i said some people wont care that there're banned from your events and some people will think your events are bad not me i love GT1 & GT2 :D So i think this is good
 
Last edited:
Okay, my bad, but why are you seriously offended? Should I be concerned about you???:sly:
 
Times at Nurburgring (3.20 mile circuit) w/ Specs

We're running Jav's specs for GT1, mine+Jav's ideas for GT2.

Viper will go into GT2 as well as the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Sorry I haven't been all over it today, lots of more important stuff to do... :crazy: But I can focus now.

GT1

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II - 1:53.072
BMW GTR Race Car - 1:53.116
Corvette Z06 RM - 1:53.256
McLaren F1 GTR - 1:53.325
Pagani Zonda - 1:53.678
GT by Citroen Race Car - 1:54.036

*BTW I love your specs, Jav. Mine need some working on. Post on here your ideas for specs. After that I'll get to tuning (I'm not very original, but when I have a job to do, I do it).

Just got the Maserati, too. Earning money to get the Titanium Exhaust thing (at 739 credits right now after buying it... buying the Formula Gran Turismo was a huge mistake... I don't even use it).

GT2

Ferrari 458 Italia - 2:00.305
Ferrari California '08 - 2:01.931
TVR Tuscan Speed Six - 2:02.154
 
So let's confirm everyone's entry -

Jav122678
Mitch_Z06
lnmfes (me)
mustardaddict
xtroplay

Pending:

KWXC10
 
Ok! So the first part of GT2 testing is completed and this is how things are looking so far:

Scuderia 1250kg/547hp: 1:59.065 but consistent on the 2:00.3xx

Italia 1250kg/547hp: 1:56.408 this thing is smoking hot! Totally spanked all the road cars bad! It was consistent on the 1:57.5xx. It's gonna take a major hp restriction!

Gallardo 1250kg/547hp: 2:00.048 damn consistent car 2:00.xxx trough the entire run!

McLaren MP4-12C 1250kg/547hp: 1:59.990 another damn consistent car solid 2:00.xxx trough the whole run. there's our target time for GT2 2:00.xxx!

Viper Srt10 ACR 1257kg/547hp: 1:58.024 consistent pace of 1:59.0xx will need a power cut.

Enzo 1250kg/547hp: 2:00.435 consistent on the 2:00.xxx the understeering fenom! At this Spec the crappy handling is masked a bit and the car is right on pace, the sweet sweet engine note makes up for the frustrating understeer!

Aston Martin DB9 coupe 1387kg/547hp: 2:00.049 the definite surprise of the session. This sweet sweet beautiful car remained consistent trough the entire run right on the pace, a bit hard on the front tires though.

California 1321kg/547hp: 1:59.320 the little fat bastard more than held it's own despite the weight disadvantage spanking it's biggest brother and consistently on the pace at 2:00.xxx!

Lamborgini Murcielago SV 1250kg/547hp: 1:59.085 this beast was consistent trough the whole run on the 1:59.xxx range. Some hp restrictions will do the trick!

Lexus IS F Racing Concept 1350kg/547hp: 1:58.658 but just like the Viper consistent on the 1:59.5xx.

Camaro SS RM 1300kg/547hp: 1:55.918 consistently lapping on the 1:57.xxx mark. Some serious hp restriction is in order.

R8 LMS 1300kg/375hp: 1:59.689 consistent on the 2.00.xxx FINALLY!!! after a lot of work managed to find the hp to get it on pace! Icredible that it took a 175hp cut to get it to the pace!

Still to test and iron out:

Ferrari 458 Italia, needs serious detuning.

Viper Srt10 ACR, needs some slight detuning.

Lexus ISF Racing Concept, same as the Viper.

Camaro SS RM, same as the R8LMS it will need some serious detuning.

TVR Speed6 RM, still to turn a lap in testing.

Lotus Elise 111'R RM, still to test.

Maserati Gran Turismo, no testing yet but should be an easy one.
 
Ok, so the initial stages of testing and car Specs are now complete!
This is the official cars and Specs for it's respective class:

GT1

-Zonda LM - - - 683hp - - - 1150kg

-BMW M3 GTR - - - 677hp - - - 1150kg

-Citroen GT Race Car - - - 658hp - - - 2000kg

-Corvette Z06 C6 RM )6' - - - 640hp - - - 1150kg

-Ford GT Test Car Spec II - - - 555hp - - - 1165kg

-McLaren F1 GTR Race Car - - - 600hp - - - 1150kg

-Nissan Fairlady Z LM Concept Race Car - - - 640hp - - - 1150kg

-Viper GTS-R Team oreca Race Car #51 - - - 682hp - - - 1150kg

Still to test the GTR LM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT2:
All road cars are allowed to run full aero package.

-BMW M3 Coupe '07 - - - 1342kg - - - 584hp

-Ferrari F430 Scuderia - - -1250kg - - - 547hp

-Ferrari 458 Italia - - - 1250kg - - - 447hp

-Lamborgini Gallardo LP 640 - - - 1250kg - - - 547hp

-McLaren MP4-12C - - - 1250kg - - - 547hp

-Viper Srt10 ACR - - - 1257kg - - - 480hp

-Ferrari Enzo - - - 1250kg - - - 547hp

-Aston Martin DB9 Coupe - - - 1387kg - - - 547hp

-Ferrari California - - - 1321kg - - - 547hp

-Lamborgini Murcielago SV - - - 1250kg - - - 547hp

-Lexus IS F Racing Concept - - - 1350kg - - - 465hp

-Camaro SS RM - - - 1300kg - - - 400hp

-Audi R8 LMS - - - 1300kg - - - 375hp

-TVR Tuscan Speed6 RM - - - 1080kg - - - 450hp

-Corvette ZR1 RM - - - 1300kg - - - 400hp





Official rules and sign up list will be available by the end of this weekend.
 
Last edited:
All road cars are allowed full Aero package.
 
I just picked up the Oreca Viper, I'll test it during the weekend and post the results in here.
 
Ok, Viper Oreca is Right on pace for GT1 at 1150kg/682hp
 
Are there any times as of now as to when we're going to race on what day?
 
Last edited:
Back