The Kaz GT3 TT @ Nordschleife [Time to Beat - 8:16.990]Finished 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 28 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Kazunori's participated in several endurance races through the years
but this TT focuses on 2013 and his #123 GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport team
and their performance during the 41st Nürburgring 24 hour race.

8:27.467 was the fastest lap time from the team (by Tobias) and it was set on Saturday in the Top 40
Qualifying session at 6:31 PM with a dry track and mostly blue skies.

Further reading:
1. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2013/05/20/nurburgring-24-hours-times-results.html
2. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5537785.html

The TT is set up with the same car specs and weather as it was when the team set their 8:27.467.
Tuning is OK. Can you improve on the lap time? Only times set with the #123 GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport car will be counted.

Club ID 1001609
kazzz 1.jpg

kazzz 2.jpg

kazzz 3.jpg

kazzz 4.jpg

kazzz 5.jpg
i1GqUvdzsvrMD7E.jpg

Last edited:
Your lap time isn't showing in the TT event page in the game, Rob.
You need to let the timer run it's course and let the game take you back to
the room/lobby screen.
Cheers mate I have just done a faster lap, which was a 9:18.025 despite crashing at Hatzenbach, Adenauer-Forst, the tight right hander between Klostertal and the Karussell and finally, Eiskurve. All whilst listening to a melodic death metal band from Azerbaijan called Silence Lies Fear and their album, Future: The Return

Kazunori's participated in several endurance races through the years
but this TT focuses on 2013 and his #123 GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport team
and their performance during the 41st Nürburgring 24 hour race.

8:27.467 was the fastest lap time from the team (by Tobias) and it was set on Saturday in the Top 40
Qualifying session at 6:31 PM with a dry track and mostly blue skies.

Further reading:
1. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2013/05/20/nurburgring-24-hours-times-results.html
2. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5537785.html

The TT is set up with the same car specs and weather as it was when the team set their 8:27.467.
Tuning is OK. Can you improve on the lap time? Only times set with the #123 GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport car will be counted.

Club ID 1001609
i1GqUvdzsvrMD7E.jpg

i1nV5d4CrBfDPb.jpg

I will definitely give it a try! ;) 👍
By the way, if anyone is interested, here's the qualifying lap from Tobias Schulze

My lap time: 8:22.581

Last edited:
Just tested and it's little tricky car. Suspension is strange. 8.26

Edit: little more tuning and did 8.23. That's all time I had for this.

Last edited:
I had to buy the car since I had none of the Schulze, GT Academy, or Base Model GT3 Gt-Rs...
And I remembered why: this car doesn't rotate...
gave it a quick try yesterday but wasn't able to even register a time.
This will require some tweaking. I 'll try to give a go again this weekend.
I may ask some of my Nurb-addicted friends to join if it's ok @JockeP22

Yes this car is one of those weird cars of GT6. I don't like it and I don't have time to tuned it up for this.

Last edited:
it's little tricky car. Suspension is strange.
this car doesn't rotate...
gave it a quick try yesterday but wasn't able to even register a time.
This will require some tweaking.
When I was setting my laps I noticed that the car can rotate better with a soft suspension and a mid-front/low-rear downforce combination. That gives more momentum at the technical sections of the Nordschleife, and higher top speed as well. 👍

Edit: Improved my lap time to 8:20.905. I almost nailed the track. I think that's it for me now.

Last edited:
unfortunately, this combo seems to give a substantial advantage to wheel users over ds3 users...
It depends on the person who uses the wheel or the DS3. I'm using the DS3 and again I managed to take almost everything from that GT-R. Besides that, a very good lap at the Nurburgring requires a bit of luck as well

Post #2 updated.

I may ask some of my Nurb-addicted friends to join
Thanks gk for inviting some of the daily Japanese Nordschleife drivers and
thanks jammy for inviting your WRS friend. The Kaz TT is slowly growing
and the RR club have passed 100 members (106 now).
Even though the member total says 199 the actual number is 106.
Apparently Polyphony suffered a glitch throughout the community at
the last update and the statistics got wonky as a result.
stone.jpg

I have a few PSN friends to invite as well and I'm eager to put a few laps on the
board myself. Haven't found much PS3 time this past week though.

I have just done a faster lap .. All whilst listening to a melodic death metal band from Azerbaijan
I might have to listen to Candlemass then for my attempt at a lap time.

By the way, if anyone is interested, here's the qualifying lap from Tobias Schulze
He had a moment at 3:23 but it was a good recovery and I wonder if that's
barbeque smoke coming over the track at 7:20. : )
Nice video and a solid lap by Tobias, a perfect camera angle too.
I remember watching it before but forgot to include it in this thread.

It depends on the person who uses the wheel or the DS3. I'm using the DS3 and again I managed to take almost everything from that GT-R. Besides that, a very good lap at the Nurburgring requires a bit of luck as well
that's impressive!:bowdown:
and there goes another fancy display of my superior "I sould have kept my mouth shut" skills...

Last edited:
A couple of quick goes with a random guess tune. The car hates to rotate, for sure. Using 10% brake and gas was helping me through the central 80% of the corner. Just like the courtesy cars in Quick Match.

Stats
606pp
542bhp
90.1kgfm (falls away a lot, change up near 5500rpm)
1350kg
Standard chassis
No oil change

Suspension
80 75 (meh...might try mid+low as suggested above)
20.26 15.80 (min max)
1 1
1 1
3 4 (very stiff springs but would 7 7 still be better?)
0.0 0.0
-0.05 -0.20

Racing Brakes
4 6

Six-Speed Transmission
Did not use the full customise gearbox.

Drivetrain
5 8 15 (helped me balance over-rotating on light braking with the general under-rotation)

Power
58.1% (:lol:)
High RPM Range Turbo (big torque but spiky...wrong way to go?)

Body
350 750 (could take a lot less rear downforce, maybe 650?)
No ballast (maybe 5kg or so @ 50% would help)
Any of my DS3 colleagues care to share their tune? @Baron Blitz Red @Autope10

@Baron Blitz Red

If the setting gave you a starting base, i say Bravo and congratulations if you are satisfied with the result achieved :bowdown: :)👍 !! Good job my friend :cheers:👍 !!

You are my go to tuner for ANY given car @GhostRider65 ... I have enjoyed your tunes for quite some time, and they have given me numerous victories to be honest. If I do make any changes, it's to suit my driving style a bit better. I've tried many other tuner's offerings, but always go back to you as your tunes suit me best. Thank you very much!

Cheers

I started off with a @GhostRider65 tune but made my own changes to suit me
I borrowed some settings from a @GhostRider65 tune as well.
But that particular one had no turbo so I thought that was the way to go. My own laps
were done without any added turbo but I don't know which strategy is best to be honest,
with or without it.

The standings in post 2 have been updated once again. 29 laps are on the board
now and I'm happy to see that kind of activity, thanks for taking part everyone.

@hiro9341 holds 1st and 2nd place with new driver @tobias_pez in 3rd.

I borrowed some settings from a @GhostRider65 tune as well.
But that particular one had no turbo so I thought that was the way to go. My own laps
were done without any added turbo but I don't know which strategy is best to be honest,
with or without it.

@JockeP22 ... My first attempts were without turbo as well, but after trying several setup configurations, my best times were with the High RPM turbo added. It has that extra ooomph for the 3 high speed sections but with less torque than the the mid-range to keep stability in corner exits.

Try it out, as you and I are fairly close in times.

Cheers

I had a go using the ghost-rider/baronblitzred tune. On my first attempt I made a few mistakes. I managed an 8:42.xxx.

On my second attempt I made a few minor mistakes but no major ones like the first attempt. In the end I got an 8:35.229.

Greetings chaps, just had a few spins in the car more or less as it comes from the dealership, just taken camber off and dropped power per the restriction. What an awful bloody motor!

Anyway, did 8:53.025... 8:52.711... and finished with 8:47.813. Hey ho.

Cheers, Zo.

Back