The King Of GT3 is Timlour

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 50 comments
United States
Gardner, KS
logo.png

The King of GT3 is a one-off 93 lap endurance race around the Nurburgring GP course featuring a grid of GT3-class machines from 8 different manufacturers. We can expect a closely fought race between the front-engine cars of BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and Nissan, and the midship machines of Audi, Honda, Lamborghini and McLaren. Do you have what it takes to get to the line first?

There will only be 16 spots for the grid. It will be the first 16 to sign up and we will have 2 reserves just Incase if we get that many to sign up.
August 15th, 2020 is race day!

audi.png
bmw.png
honda.png
lambo.png
lexus.png
mclaren.png
mercedes.png
nissan.png
BOP.PNG

**SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE RACE.**
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
  1. Use of the default livery is strictly prohibited.
  2. Livery designs must be kept strictly safe for work. Interpretation of this rule is up to the series organizer.
  3. Number fonts are open to any font.
  4. Number Plate is REQUIRED, any number plate is fine.
  5. Use of the black windshield banner is required.
  6. Headlight colors are optional.
  7. Have fun with the liveries.
  1. The lobby opens at 7:30pm Eastern, which also marks the start of Free Practice.
  2. The race starts at 8:30pm Eastern and will run for approximately 100 minutes!
  3. The race will begin after 1 pace lap where the leader will begin the race in a start zone.
  4. The Pace lap , also known as “Formation Lap” will require a maximum speed of 50 Mph (80 kph).
  5. Tire warming (weaving) will be allowed until the start of the final turn.
  6. Formation must begin at the exit of the chicane.
  7. The starting zone will be announced in the lobby just before race time. (Zone will be the at the downhill Portion of the front stretch.)
  1. Qualifying will be an open for 20 minutes just prior to the race.
  1. All drivers are expected to race each other cleanly and fairly, avoiding unnecessary contact by all means.
  2. When defending track position, the lead driver is only allowed one move in defense against an overtaking car.
  3. Drivers defending track position are expected to leave adequate racing space to their opponents at all times.
  4. Drivers attempting to overtake are expected to actively avoid making contact with the car ahead.
  5. All drivers are expected to race within track limits at all times and to avoid gaining an unfair advantage by going off-track. Track limits are defined as keeping all 4 tires within the track surface at all times, with kerbs counting as part of track surface.
  6. Drivers who overtake by going off-track are expected to return the position(s) gained at the soonest opportunity.
  7. Drivers who overtake by hitting another car off-track are expected to return the position gained at the soonest opportunity.
  8. Drivers are strictly prohibited from crossing the white pit lane entry / exit lines at any point during the race.
  9. Lapped cars are expected to be aware of any of the lead cars coming around and to not impede their progress.
  10. Lead cars coming around to the lapped cars are expected to not be aggressive in overtaking, performing them as safely as possible without compromising the lapped car.
  11. Drivers are strictly prohibited from parking anywhere on track at any time during qualifying / race. Drivers that wish to park their cars are expected to do so on pit lane.
  1. Racing Softs are the only compound allowed.
  1. In order to trigger a yellow flag period, at least three cars must have sustained heavy mechanical damage in the same incident.
  2. Cars that suffer heavy mechanical damage due to an incident with another car (i.e., Engine damage, multiple component damage) must indicate their status by simply sending "D", "C", or any other message indicative of damage (i.e., ED, MD, etc.) in the chat.
  3. Once at least three cars have declared themselves damaged, a race official can signal the start of the yellow flag period by sending "FCY" or "Y" in the chat.
  4. Once the yellow flag period starts, overtaking is immediately prohibited, and the field must gradually slow down to a relatively safe, sensible running pace until they cross the start/finish line.
  5. The overall leader must slow down to a pace speed of 80mph / 130kph only after going past the pit exit area, allowing the field to queue up single file behind them (or the Safety Car, if present) while leaving adequate space with other cars so as to avoid any further incidents.
  6. Cars without heavy mechanical damage that run at a dangerously slow pace prior to the field queuing up during the yellow flag period will be penalized.
  7. Cars with heavy mechanical damage that are running at a much slower pace for yellow flag conditions are allowed to be overtaken, with the overtakes performed as safely as possible.
  8. Cars with heavy mechanical damage that are unable to get up to the same safe running pace as the cars around them during the yellow flag period must switch their hazard lights on to indicate their distressed status, as well as stay out of the racing line as much as possible to avoid causing incidents with the other cars.
  9. The pit lane will remain closed to the drivers who did not type "D" or "C" during the yellow flag period.
  10. Pit Lane will open after the field has crossed the start/finish line to accept the yellow.
  11. Race officials may reserve the right to type "closed" in chat to force pits to remain closed for another lap, in doing so, race officials will determine the opening of pits.
  12. After you pit be sure to stay behind the drivers who exited the pits before you as they had the position upon pit exit, and catch the remaining cars who might have stayed out on track. Pass the drivers who called for a caution.
  13. Race official will type "G" in chat to designate the end of yellow flag period.
  14. Once the race official signals the end of the yellow flag period, the field must remain single file while closing the gaps to each other in preparation for the restart.
  15. Any driver who creates / maintains an excessive gap between the car in front once the preparations for the restart begins will be penalized.
  16. The leader can begin accelerating to racing speed to commence the restart at any point in the restart zone.
  17. During the restart, drivers are prohibited from overtaking until they have crossed the restart zone.
  18. Restart zone will be the same as the Starting zone.
  19. Drivers that call for a caution will restart at the tail end of the longest line.
  1. A restart can be called if at least three cars must have sustained heavy mechanical damage in the same incident on the first lap!
  2. Cars that suffer heavy mechanical damage due to an incident with another car (i.e., Engine damage, multiple component damage) must indicate their status by simply sending "D", "C", or any other message indicative of damage (i.e., ED, MD, etc.) in the chat.
  3. A Maximum of 3 attempts at an official start will be allowed.
  4. On the 3rd attempt, if there is a yellow flag called, the field will follow the yellow flag rule.
  1. All race-related penalties will be served as post-race penalties.
  2. If a race-related offense is judged to be a light offense, a warning will be handed out, with the next offense automatically resulting in a penalty.
  3. If a race-related offense is judged worthy of a penalty, the penalties range from 10-second, 30-second, 1 lap and outright disqualification.
  4. Any unsportsmanlike behavior by any driver will not be tolerated.
  1. Causing an avoidable collision
  2. Forcing another car off-track
  3. Illegal blocking
  4. Abuse of track limits
  5. Exhibiting a lack of car control
  6. Overtaking during a yellow flag period
  7. Running at a dangerous pace during a yellow flag period
  8. Creating / Maintaining an excessive gap during the green flag restart
  9. Jumping the green flag restart
  10. Parking on track
PSN:
GTP:
Chassis:
Number:
  1. Each manufacturer is limited to a maximum of 3 entries.
  2. There are only 24 slots available for registration.
  3. There will be no required teams.
  4. Drivers are only allowed to switch manufacturer if there is an open slot available.
  1. Drivers on the reserve list are drivers who did not make the top 16 in qualifying. We ask that the 17th, and 18th place drivers be online and ready to run when the race is about to start in case of any no shows.

Last edited:
Can I sign up just to try my hand at qualifying? Even if I do make top 16 I'll probably have to skip the race due to the 12 hour Bathurst race.

Sorry but I'm out until my wheel works when I ask it to. I'm updating all the threads I'm racing in and just got around to this one. 👍

BOP will be released this afternoon. I’m extremely close with it now, I need to verify one more car.

qualifying will go on as scheduled for this Friday night.

BOP has been posted. Looking forward to Friday night. So far we have 6 signed up including myself, i am just waiting on a few more to sign up before i choose my chassis.

THIS WEEKENDS QUALIFYING IS CANCELLED. WE HAVE NOT HAD ENOUGH SIGN UP FOR THIS STYLE OF QUALIFYING.

THE RACE HAS BEEN DECREASED FROM 93 LAPS TO 50 LAPS. WE WILL QUALIFY ON THE DAY OF. WE ARE NOW ON A FIRST 16 SIGNED UP TO RACE BASIS.

I'm really interested in this! I haven't raced much since Gt5 and 6 days when I was running with Turtle Racing League. Been playing GTS off a borrowed wheel and now my own wheel, so I'm just getting back up to speed. I'm a little tentative due to schedule, but pretty sure I'll be home and in the seat by then. I hope you won't mind someone just trying to get some clean laps in back in the rear...definitely not pro speed here. I'm happy to run a test for y'all as needed.

PSN: Scarecrow937
GTP: Scarecrow937
Chassis: Audi R8 LMS
Number: 44

I'm really interested in this! I haven't raced much since Gt5 and 6 days when I was running with Turtle Racing League. Been playing GTS off a borrowed wheel and now my own wheel, so I'm just getting back up to speed. I'm a little tentative due to schedule, but pretty sure I'll be home and in the seat by then. I hope you won't mind someone just trying to get some clean laps in back in the rear...definitely not pro speed here. I'm happy to run a test for y'all as needed.

PSN: Scarecrow937
GTP: Scarecrow937
Chassis: Audi R8 LMS
Number: 44
Absolutely. I’ll get you added to the list!!

Saturday Night Updated Schedule​
  1. The lobby opens at 7:30pm Eastern, which also marks the start of Free Practice.
  2. Qualifying will start at 8:00pm Eastern for 20 minutes.
  3. 10 minute break to make final adjustments and double check BOP.
  4. The race starts at 8:30pm Eastern and will run for approximately 100 minutes!

Saturday Night Updated Schedule​
  2. Qualifying will start at 8:00pm Eastern for 20 minutes.
  3. 10 minute break to make final adjustments and double check BOP.
  4. The race starts at 8:30pm Eastern and will run for approximately 100 minutes!

Will be close for me tim and epxhos as our race is scheduled to end round 830

Back