The last Lap

  • Thread starter Thread starter exite85
  • 37 comments
  • 2,576 views
Messages
6
Hi,

first time posting in this forum !

But I’ll urgently need to address an important issue regarding the penalisation of other players. Especially the ones on the last place!

Look at this wonderful example I’m still raging on right now while typing this text.



For context:
I’ve finally got my first shot at becoming first in a FIA GT NATIONS CUP Race. Tough fight to the top. In the last lap I was about to overtake the last guy in his Veyron. Instead of letting me pass he deliberately rams me of the road. Ruining my chance of becoming first. You can imagine how frustrated I’m right now.

I hope polyphony will address this issue. A ****ing disgrace! I know that this pos won’t get banned, but at least you are warned of this behavior.

If the first one laps the last one he shouldn’t be able to ruin your race or have any possibility of influencing you.

Has anyone of you guys ever encountered something similar? Sorry for my bad English. Raging right now
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there was a guy in an early race on Blue Moon who crashed out, so he gave up the chase and instead lapped slowly enough for the leader (me) to catch up.

When I passed on the back straight on the final lap he sideswiped me, I lost control and hit the wall, bounced back into the path of 2nd and 3rd who hit me square in the rear and propelled me back into the lead.

I got lucky. That was one of, if not my first ever win.
 
Hi,

first time posting in this forum !

But I’ll urgently need to address an important issue regarding the penalisation of other players. Especially the ones on the last place!

Look at this wonderful example I’m still raging on right now while typing this text.



For context:
I’ve finally got my first shot at becoming first in a FIA GT NATIONS CUP Race. Tough fight to the top. In the last lap I was about to overtake the last guy in his Veyron. Instead of letting me pass he deliberately rams me of the road. Ruining my chance of becoming first. You can imagine how frustrated I’m right now.

I hope polyphony will address this issue. A ****ing disgrace! I know that this pos won’t get banned, but at least you are warned of this behavior.

If the first one laps the last one he shouldn’t be able to ruin your race or have any possibility of influencing you.

Has anyone of you guys ever encountered something similar? Sorry for my bad English. Raging right now

I know how u feel, have had one or mabe to experiece of that kind of racing.
I overtook I car in the first corner at Suzuka Circuit. I had much more speed and took the inside line (first lap after Auto drive). And he turn into me 2 times in the corner. And rammeded me in my back when exiting the corner. But luckily I kept my position. And I didn’t think about it before lap 5 when I was catching up on 17. place again. And he rammed me off the track. And than he waited for me and tried to do it one more time, but he missed. Final lap I was at 3 place and had a car chasing me, I thought it was 4. Place so braked asusual Inn to The last corner, and he smashed me off The road again. And he was now 2 laps behind me. IT messed up my race, but his rating whent down from A-S to D-E. So at least penalty system worked in this race :-)

They should ghost car that are one lap behind. It’s not like they have a chance to catch up again anny way
 
Hi,

first time posting in this forum !

But I’ll urgently need to address an important issue regarding the penalisation of other players. Especially the ones on the last place!

Look at this wonderful example I’m still raging on right now while typing this text.



For context:
I’ve finally got my first shot at becoming first in a FIA GT NATIONS CUP Race. Tough fight to the top. In the last lap I was about to overtake the last guy in his Veyron. Instead of letting me pass he deliberately rams me of the road. Ruining my chance of becoming first. You can imagine how frustrated I’m right now.

I hope polyphony will address this issue. A ****ing disgrace! I know that this pos won’t get banned, but at least you are warned of this behavior.

If the first one laps the last one he shouldn’t be able to ruin your race or have any possibility of influencing you.

Has anyone of you guys ever encountered something similar? Sorry for my bad English. Raging right now

Its full op people like that really a shame.. I see it yesterday to a other racer i was second so i pass him because that dude was ramming the first one, then i waited on finish line te let him win just because he was faster then me. Nothing to be proud off by winning because the first one is blocked by the last one lol... Lapped cars should get permanent ghost car thats it.
 
Good god I'd pay someone to hack his IP, find him and bash him.

That's disgusting, PD NEEDS to black flag/ghost people doing this **** instantly
 
Asking for a system that prevents others from interfering with your race is imho a bit too much.
You're in a race, with other cars, the other cars interfere with your race, that's realism.

I think the best solution for this is a penalty and match making system that disqualifies drivers behaving like that and for races after that, all people who showed behaviour like that should be put together in races by the match making system. Give them a warning, maybe to, third time is a ban from online races for a period of time.
 
it happened once with me too, wanted to kill the guy... PD should temporarily ban these guys, or do the ghost thing... the argument of realism is laughable, like if it was realistic to hit someone in that speed and stand still in the middle of the road like nothing ever happened, and then hit again several times, including a wall, and continued racing.
 
Last edited:
I feel you're pain, that's got to be one of the worst examples of driving I've seen in Sport mode.
At the start of the video you can see the rear of his car is missing a whole bunch of paint, so I think it's fair to assume you are not his first victim in that race.

I hope you saved the replay, I imagine seeing the whole race from his PoV would be fairly illuminating.

Report the player for his behaviour and I would also tweet that video at the Gran Turismo and PlayStationEU accounts. People like that have no place in online play.
 
Lapped cars need to be permanently ghosted imho. I spun out on BB raceway and kept spinning out because I couldn't control the Viper. It was hell for me to try and avoid other racers who had lapped me and were obviously going much faster than I was.
 
I feel your rage mate! Absolutely disgusted... You know what frustrates me? This is a game heavily associated with the FIA. WTF are you not using their penalty system... In this case its clearly a BLUE FLAG situation. WTF PD?!?! Get a few pages out of the F1 games and their penalty system that makes some sense! What 'YoungBoi' also makes perfect sense!
 
What a douchenozzle.. If you're bummed out that your dead last don't take it out on others..
 
Give them a warning, maybe to, third time is a ban from online races for a period of time.
I wouldn't be so lenient, effectively giving them two more chances to be an arse before any action is taken. My stance, first offence = 1 week ban, then 4 weeks, then permaban. They know what they're doing is wrong so no amount of warnings will work imo.
 
He's exploiting a weak penalty system. He should've been disqualified right away and unable to join Sport Mode for an hour or two. It's a disgrace that the penalty system allows for these idiots to do whatever they want.
 
Too typical that ghosting works properly for him & actually saved him from spinning at 0:30.
 
Too typical that ghosting works properly for him & actually saved him from spinning at 0:30.

The worst thing about this is that I was the one who suffered a SW-Downrating after he rammed me off. He received nothing. A ****ing joke!
 
He's exploiting a weak penalty system. He should've been disqualified right away and unable to join Sport Mode for an hour or two. It's a disgrace that the penalty system allows for these idiots to do whatever they want.
I wouldn't say he is exploiting anything as he isnt gaining from it, he is just a very bad and dirty driver.
 
i had an smal accident in my race last night, I slightly bumped the car infront off me. He was breaking a bit early into a turn, I smashed the break as hard as I could. But I had a bit more speed than him from the straight, so had no were to turn my car. I feel bad when that happens :-( And when race was finished I get a clean race bonus, how can that happen? I think ppl are using this, as i have been bumped a lot in final lap. And the ppl comes out of it with a blue S or what they have. Often this is with purpose to overtake one more spot before finish line. It’s probably hard to program a fair penalty system, but hope it will be better in the future. As I feel driving is getting more dirty in the last weeks.
 
I can imagine your rage. As much as I think getting safely through lapped cars is part of real racing, in the real world there aren't any absolute buffoons like that.
I think sadly lapped cars need to be ghosted when the leaders approach. As long as idiots like that are among us. And this isn't the first time I've seen a video like this.
 
I can imagine your rage. As much as I think getting safely through lapped cars is part of real racing, in the real world there aren't any absolute buffoons like that.
I think sadly lapped cars need to be ghosted when the leaders approach. As long as idiots like that are among us. And this isn't the first time I've seen a video like this.
Normally u shouldn’t overtake other in races with only 10 laps, loosing around 2 min in 10 laps is a lot of mistakes. On speedways track this isn’t the case, as a lap is so much quicker
 
@exite85 I'm curious to know what's your driver and sportmanship rankings ? And do you remember his rankings ?

I'm speechless in front of your video....
 
I guess it’s B-C. Don’t remember his ranking , but it can’t be good.

Always trying to drive as fair as possible. This race was completely clean from start to finish, well nearly...
 
Back