The legacy of 6th installment...

• Thread starter ICEYOU
  • 80 comments

ICEYOU

(Banned)
United States
New York
Developing a 6th game in the GT series might add to Gran Turismo's legacy, but is it enough to make the series a legend? Because there's a big difference between being the best driving game of this generation and being the best driving game EVER...

So what do you guys think? Will this be the best driving game ever???

No.
Even though I'm a die hard fan of GT I can recognize is not even close to be the best driving game EVER, the game misses a lot to be the best, I mean, the game barely got a proper damage mode, car sounds, competitive AI, in deep customization, car variety instead of duplicates everywhere.

The brand Gran Turismo is a legend. But GT5 and 6 were missing some great things that Boxout mentioned that other racing games have but not GT5&6

I'm having high expectations for GT7 though, that's for sure, especially since they said it's easier to develop for the PS4 than the PS3 was

I'm not even sure it can be the best Gran Turismo ever, at least not compared to what previous games were for their time.

Last edited:
This game could be the prolouge to the greatest racing game ever: GT7. If done right, that game could set the standard for racing games higher than its predecessors did.

However this game could possibly be the best Gran Turismo ever, its just the matter of how they take certain aspects such as A-spec, AI, and actual sense of control into the a new level.

This series was legendary after GT3... It was the most-sold Playstation game EVER until GTA San Andreas came out.

I mean, usually if you have a game that sells within the top 2 on 3 different platforms you're considered legendary automatically.

While there is no general agreement on the greatest racing video game ever made, if Gran Turismo 6 exceeds my expectations, then to me it is considered ONE OF the greatest racing video games ever made.

The brand Gran Turismo is a legend. But GT5 and 6 were missing some great things that Boxout mentioned that other racing games have but not GT5&6

I'm having high expectations for GT7 though, that's for sure, especially since they said it's easier to develop for the PS4 than the PS3 was
GT6 was missing some great things?

Tell me more about your countless hours playing GT6.

GT6 was missing some great things?

Tell me more about your countless hours playing GT6.

Countless hours.....:lol:

I'm going to go one further and say that it was legendary once word got out what PS1 was getting what GT was. What it was going to offer was unheard of back then in a car game on a console platform. (Can't comment on what PC was doing as I never a PC Gamer). Once it came out that solidified it's place in the Driving / Racing genre.

Still for me as far as consoles go GT is the benchmark even though I own a 360 with FM4

Last edited:
After six games, plus another non-numeric six (because let's be honest, Tourist Trophy is part of the family) brings the grand total of twelve games across 15 years available for every PlayStation system (even PS Vita because you can download Gran Turismo for PSP). And I'm not even counting the special and unique demos.

The series has reach a legendary status. Everyone knows it, and the competition is starting to catch up. It may not be the best, but on consoles, I am yet to see anything better.

GT1 and GT2: Highest selling PS1 games.
GT3 and GT3: Second and Third highest selling PS2 games.
GT5 is in the top five highest selling games for the PS3.

The Gran Turismo series is a sales juggernaut. It is great for that reason alone.

For this reason I don't see GT6 actually raising the status of the Gran Turismo series as a whole unless there are core gameplay issues (you know what they are) that are sufficiently addressed. And following from that, one might assume this would go some way in reversing the downward trend in both the critical response and sales of the series evident since GT3.

Last edited:
The only thing I would like to see in GT6 that other games have (Forza in this case) is a Livery Editor. I still think GT games are the driving simulation pinacle in consoles.

It's not just about fancy cars and good graphics.

Gran Turismo has History, misticism and will allways give us something we don't except (in a good way). Sure it could include more recent cars and more tracks...but that is secondary in my opinion. GT has A LOT of cars and tracks already. :)

Last edited:
Yes, it will be the best driving game ever, with an unreached amount of cars to drive, the best physics simulation, great graphics, a revolutionary track creator that allows to recreate real world streets and tracks withs an gps app and and and... :bowdown:

That would suggest to me that they're not trying to catch up, but rather that they are on another path.
Yeah. I remember Kaz saying his focus was on motorsports, not other racing games surprisingly (which is kinda interesting to me). No wonder GT is unique and different in its own right, and I hope it stays that but will like to have a livery editor though. PD should add that.

The so many areas it has been left behind in the dust by the competition.

Care to elaborate? Beacuse I'm sure it is the other way around.

Edit: Cosbuster beat me to it.

I grew up learning that other games where trying to catch up with Gran Turismo. My generation saw the birth of the game, and its evolution as other games tried to keep up.
Even though GT5 was a minor step back for the series (with the time it took and the following disappointment) the series still remain unique. I don't need exotic new cars and customization to make the game appealing to me, because I already like the game the way it is.

Just because the other games have found a way of keeping up with the current trends, doesn't mean Gran Turismo should do the same.

With this, I am not changing my previous statement, but reformulating it into a more elaborate opinion. As I believe the GT series are still unique the way they are, and shouldn't be competing with any other game series.

Last edited:
Back