The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker........

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 11 comments
United States
Alabama
Has anyone pre-ordered this yet? I have:D And it was only $5 to reserve a copy of it with a GameCube remake of Ocarina of Time and a special new "mini" Zelda game that is exclusive for GC(i forgot what its called). I can't wait for this to be in my hands! Only 2 months and some odd days. It is being released in the US on March 25th!!!! OOHH I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

It looks cool. I've gotten into cartoon-like games ever since i got my hands on Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus. :)

From what i've heard on an American Nintendo board, you get a bonus disk with Oot Master Quest (A tad harder than the original Oot) and normal Oot. Sounds good to me. :)

I've got the bonus disc, and it's actually 2 N64 games (with bumped up resolution and a better draw distance.)
The first one is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which is one of the best games I've ever played (and generally regarded as one of the best games ever made, but I rarely pay attention to those types of claims.)
The second game is LOZ: Master Quest (Ura Zelda) which is how the game was originally envisioned when it was planned to be the game that launched the N64 DD (Disk Drive.) When the DD didn't launch here in the US, many games were scrapped and Zelda was "trimmed" down a bit to 256 Mb. Ura Zelda was later released in the Japanese market.
I've played it a bit, and most of the game is identical to Zelda: OOT, but the dungeons in particular are quite different. They are more difficult, and the puzzles are somewhat more complex. (So far anyway, but who knows if it continues all the way through.)
The Bonus disc also comes with 7 videos of upcoming games like F-Zero, Wario, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime (great game.)

Originally posted by space
I had to get a drool bucket when i saw the video for F-Zero GC edition. Lets hope they can pull it off:D

:lol:

I have complete faith in Nintendo Lately. Even their worst games (SFA) have been pretty good.

I had the old Family Computer (fami-com), and played the old "Legend of Zelda". It was pretty interesting, although, of course, there was no computer graphics at that time so the characters were so cute! (and I broke the fami-com when I tripped on the cord and dropped it to the floor!:()

yeah i pre orderd this game to and the odd part, i dont even have a Gc. i guess the games are just too fun

I've read the review about it in the latest issue of EGM and if I had the money, I would go out and buy a Gamecube and Wind Waker(I recently bought a computer so I'm flat broke). I have to admit, even though I own a PS2, I'm missing out on some of Nintendo's greatest series. And Tom, MasterQuest is basically OOT with the dungeons remixed. And to answer your question(Judging from what I've read in EGM), Masterquest's dungeons are all remixed.

Originally posted by Matrixhasu77
I have to admit, even though I own a PS2, I'm missing out on some of Nintendo's greatest series.

same here. when we were trying to decide to get a ps2 or a cube, about two years ago, the 1st gen games that were announced for the cubedidnt appeal that much, so we got a ps2 altough we are hardcore nintendo fans. as I see the GC games rite now, Im just like OOOOOH ZHIT!!!!!!! >___<
yeah, Im missing some of nintendos greatest games. I NEED a GC. I need to get my hands on WW. DAMN!!!!

CAno

I
NEED
MONY
¬.¬

The actual gameplay of the game looks "cartoony" in my opinion, but that is what makes the game look good :D

lol, my friend killed so many enemies with a leaf!!!!! It was hilarious!!!!!!!

Decision: GameCube or Cable Internet ..... hard one

Only about 4 more days till it is finally released here...I want to get the bonus disc so i want to see if i can pre-order one day before it's release! :lol:

Back