The little things

I am excited that Kaz has listened to our voice for some of our input. I am always optimistic that the little things will find their way into the updates. Something that could make a big difference;

1. Being able to remove a single entry in a record lap at a track or a single entry in a best time at the test track. I would even be fine with a new best time/speed overwriting the previous for that particular vehicle.

I know others have stated their want for this feature. Please put down what details could help fine tune an already great game in hopes that PD will impliment them.

redneckdrifter
I am excited that Kaz has listened to our voice for some of our input. I am always optimistic that the little things will find their way into the updates. Something that could make a big difference;

1. Being able to remove a single entry in a record lap at a track or a single entry in a best time at the test track. I would even be fine with a new best time/speed overwriting the previous for that particular vehicle.

I know others have stated their want for this feature. Please put down what details could help fine tune an already great game in hopes that PD will impliment them.

What you said is something I want so bad. My Tsukuba drift section is a bunch of speed 12 and barely any other cars. I don't want to delete everything since I have good scores but I also don't want a million of the same car

Thats one of my reasons for putting this up. If I tune a car at Trial Mountain then I have a list of the same car with lap times that are fractions of a second different. I would like to compare different vehicles lap times and speeds to one another.

I wanted to do a thread like this for some time 👍.

I'd like the garage to remember after each time I quite the game which sorting method I used. And I'd like tho be able to click on the HP/TQ graph of my car in the tunning section and seeing it in greater size. Leaderboards for other tracks can be as long as the one in Testing Mode. The orange button in menus you used to click in order to go to the previous menus are now redundant and could be eliminated. Most premium cars can get a front bodykit, but not a rear one and they look odd.

Also, now that tracks that have weather or time change can be set to having it or not, it's redundant that they're separated from their normal counterpart. Same goes for the reverse ones, you could just find them like in previous GT games: selecting your track and pressing the down arrow.

Little details that are more benefitial than I believe they're hard to make 👍.

Last edited:
interpolfan11
A paint preview system would be nice. I despise having to burn through 10 shades of silver to find the shade I had in mind.

Omg yes this please! So many colors look decent on the little car than horrible on the real car. I have spent hours going to each shade and comparing it with other ones I like looking for the tiniest differences. However I am getting pretty good at it now lol.

are you ok, bro? :dunce:

"Lock this thread"..... Everybody, hide your thoughts! No new threads containing helpful criticism! :nervous: The forum police are at the door! Only riding, smooching, and/or slobbing on PD unabashedly is allowed here.

Back to the point of this fantastic, constructive thread. Excellent idea that should be implemented post haste! Best times/speeds/data for each vehicle would be huge for the fine-tuning crowd. How much time could be saved if we had that AND custom folders/subfolders in the garage?

👍

This has been something I've wanted in the series ever since GT1. It's such an obvious feature because who wants a leaderboard full of laps for the same car? It should be pretty obvious we only want to record the best lap by each car.

This has been something I've wanted in the series ever since GT1. It's such an obvious feature because who wants a leaderboard full of laps for the same car? It should be pretty obvious we only want to record the best lap by each car.

For online purposes I agree.

For the Speed Test (or any data testing) though I disagree to an extent. If multiple runs are made using different set-ups then I wouldn't mind seeing each set-up shown if the entire leaderboard is filled with only that car.

For online purposes I agree.

For the Speed Test (or any data testing) though I disagree to an extent. If multiple runs are made using different set-ups then I wouldn't mind seeing each set-up shown if the entire leaderboard is filled with only that car.

True, so the ability to cherry pick which to remove would be the best bet I guess.

I want to have a way to skip the oil change scene. No reason to sit around for 20 seconds just for a 2% horsepower boost.

EDIT: Better yet, just let me change the oil from the garage menu.

Omg yes this please! So many colors look decent on the little car than horrible on the real car. I have spent hours going to each shade and comparing it with other ones I like looking for the tiniest differences. However I am getting pretty good at it now lol.

Just FYI, but painting a car doesn't save until you exit GT Auto. So, you can paint the car as many times as you want while you are in there, until you find the color that you want to use. Then, use the PS button and just quit the game. Restart the game and go paint your car with the final color that you chose. That way, you only consume the chip that you want the car painted in.

The only drawback is that sometimes when you paint a car, but don't save, the GT data will show that color in the car thumbnail, even though you finally painted it a different color. Refresh thumbnail to cure. 👍

Just FYI, but painting a car doesn't save until you exit GT Auto. So, you can paint the car as many times as you want while you are in there, until you find the color that you want to use. Then, use the PS button and just quit the game. Restart the game and go paint your car with the final color that you chose. That way, you only consume the chip that you want the car painted in.

The only drawback is that sometimes when you paint a car, but don't save, the GT data will show that color in the car thumbnail, even though you finally painted it a different color. Refresh thumbnail to cure. 👍

Lot of work though. Wouldnt it be easier to have a paintbooth with a preview? You know...no more chips, and see what the car looks like with different colors before painting?

Lot of work though. Wouldnt it be easier to have a paintbooth with a preview? You know...no more chips, and see what the car looks like with different colors before painting?

A paint booth would work the same way as the current workaround, wouldn't it?

You would keep painting the car until you found the color that you wanted in the booth. The only difference is the extra time needed to quit the game and restart, once you found the color that you wanted.

I understand what you are saying, though, and I agree. 👍

I'd LOVE to have the option to delete individual records, especially when you set two records with the same car in the same session. :(

^ ALL of these ideas plus a slider for transmission whine, wind noise, etc.

Also an extension of the leaderboards in Practice mode. My Nordschleife board is full of fully tuned cars and LMPs right now.

That would be one of the best updates IMO. Little tweaks like this will make the game 2x better. I would sacrifice a month of DLC just for this update. Please make it happen PD! 👍

Last edited:

Why didn't I think of this? That is a brilliant idea! 💡

Back