THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments

This seems oddly appropriate for this group. Could make some cool intros to different drivers using this opening scene. As they show each character you could throw a driver's name under there :)

Anyways...enjoy. This was one of my favorite shows back in the day.

Sorry guys, I sucked the big one last night and had never driven the track before. I was getting pretty frustrated too because I couldn't find a decent tune for the thing to keep up, normally I just run whatever settings it comes with but last night it needed something more. Ah well, at least I beat aero to the line on the first race ;)

Sorry guys, I sucked the big one last night and had never driven the track before. I was getting pretty frustrated too because I couldn't find a decent tune for the thing to keep up, normally I just run whatever settings it comes with but last night it needed something more. Ah well, at least I beat aero to the line on the first race ;)
That was fun though, you'd catch up, be on my ass, I'd hold my line but not make it too difficult for you to get pass and then you'd mess up and fall back. Then repeat, a few times until you got me at the line! Good clean racing for sure!
It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend of real life racing, it would be great to see any pics or video if you had any. Any cute podium girls??

That was fun though, you'd catch up, be on my ass, I'd hold my line but not make it too difficult for you to get pass and then you'd mess up and fall back. Then repeat, a few times until you got me at the line! Good clean racing for sure!
It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend of real life racing, it would be great to see any pics or video if you had any. Any cute podium girls??
There's actually a no sheep policy at the track, so nothing you'd be interested in! I'll see if I can quickly post a personal highlight of mine, which shows great race craft by my opponent in giving me the room needed to race clean, but better racecraft by me to set up the pass and making things uncomfortable for him and eventually completing a pass I set up almost an entire lap previous

There's actually a no sheep policy at the track, so nothing you'd be interested in! I'll see if I can quickly post a personal highlight of mine, which shows great race craft by my opponent in giving me the room needed to race clean, but better racecraft by me to set up the pass and making things uncomfortable for him and eventually completing a pass I set up almost an entire lap previous

So, the video starts with me and Darren exiting turn 6, with Darren leading. I am close enough to try and force a pass going into Turn 7, I present myself as if I were going to drive down the inside in the brake zone and he ends up taking the bait and drives a little too deep into 7 while I tuck back in behind and drive the optimum line through 7-8-9 and onto the straight. Now coming through the last turn onto the straightaway I get the run on him and he puts an early block to the right, which leads to the inside of Turn 1. Even though he tries to take away the inside into 1, I still pull over to the right. There's absolutely no way I'm going to fit in between Darren's car and the cones approaching, but I still try and force my way in there, selling him on the idea that I'm crazy enough to try it. (I've done it before and taken a few cones out lol) Now, the most important part of this pass is where I lift just a bit and cut hard to the outside at the very last second. What this does is fill his mirrors with an erratic movement and causes him to make a mistake and brake just a split second too late, driving him too deep into the corner, and in turn leaving the door open just enough for me to slink inside and execute an almost textbook example of a scissor pass. Almost. Darren catches his car very well and manages to stick beside me all the way through turn 3. After Turn 1 all I was doing was trying to stick alongside him and keep him sucked tight to the inside so I could get a better run out of the corners to complete the pass that was started damn near a lap ago.

Darren is a very talented driver, and I'm very fortunate that I am able to race him hard and clean every single lap it seems and still be friends off the track.

Edit: the video seems to not want to upload...

Looks like the PCars setup database is down. Oh well, looks like I'll be going commando tonight...

Was wondering what was up with it on Monday too. The site wouldn't load at all. Hope it gets resolved soon if not already.

@RobbiefromBC can you upload it to you tube and then post a link from there?

As much as I love car racing, motorcycle racing is still my favorite, and nothing beats MotoGP for close and exciting racing on two wheels. There have been so many good races but the last few laps of this past weekends Austrian GP at the RedBull Ring was no exception, even with Marq's crazy last turn pass attempt!

This video is a chopped up version of the race but it shows the highlights.

As much as I love car racing, motorcycle racing is still my favorite, and nothing beats MotoGP for close and exciting racing on two wheels. There have been so many good races but the last few laps of this past weekends Austrian GP at the RedBull Ring was no exception, even with Marq's crazy last turn pass attempt!

I wish we could better simulate MotoGP racing. Controllers just aren't as much fun since owning an auto racing rig. But I may still purchase the new Isle of Man TT game coming out. The authenticity looks so cool.

Just haven't been as interested since they dropped the 500/250/125 format. Seeing the legends ride those 500s just makes today's bikes seem easy to ride in comparison.

I wonder if you could mod this to work with a PS4? I had one the kids got me for Christmas years ago for the PS2, and years later I was able to get a cable to allow it to work with a PS3. It was odd because it steered more like a car would versus the counter steering you really use to ride a motorcycle. There are some motorcycle sim rigs for computers, but I haven't seen one for a PlayStation yet. I might have to see about building a rig if a good motorcycle game comes out. I finished my car racing rig and my flight sim rig awhile ago, so it's time for a new build. My basement is starting to look like an arcade though. I think I could mod a piece of old exercise equipment to act as the base of the "motorcycle", then mount controls and a screen to it. Hmmmm....now I'm wondering...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2-YAMAHA-...TV-CONTROLLER-FOR-PLAYSTATION-2-/160662005924

Last edited:
Just haven't been as interested since they dropped the 500/250/125 format. Seeing the legends ride those 500s just makes today's bikes seem easy to ride in comparison.
You've been missing out on some great racing Joe!
Nobody is a bigger fan of the two stroke era than me, I've still got my '83 250GP bike and will race it again. The Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey, Shwantz, Doohan and Gardner etc, days were amazing and I miss that racing. But the latest gen 1000 four strokes are amazing machines in their own right, and the battles on track since they got rid of the 990 era, (which thankfully didn't last long) have been as epic as the 500 days. Moto 2 & 3 have also turned out to be great classes as well.

I watch on occasion and the racing is just fine...the problem is the bikes are so controllable now that it's not as fun to watch them actually ride. When the riders aren't wrestling the bike like a greased rhino there is just no comparison.

The tires are so much better which make the lean angles better, which is fun to watch, but they are too tame nowadays.

Yea the lean angles are so out of control i love it, just simply amazing how far they can take them over! I couldn't imagine that i could be touching my elbow in this photo haha :eek:, guess i have some work to do :D.
IMG_1849.PNG

I watch on occasion and the racing is just fine...the problem is the bikes are so controllable now that it's not as fun to watch them actually ride. When the riders aren't wrestling the bike like a greased rhino there is just no comparison.

The tires are so much better which make the lean angles better, which is fun to watch, but they are too tame nowadays.

I totally agree that the bikes themselves are not as fun to watch ridden, nothing will ever replace the 500's. Watching the riders back then drifting and smoking their tires was epic. Mamola was always entertaining!

The Pirelli experiment. Then Cagiva got serious and hired Lawson who won a race and several podiums on the damn thing :)

I'll never forget the huge high side Mamola had on those Pirellis. It was such a violent transition that the fuel tank was spit into the air.

Edit...just watched your video...which had that high side :)

Yea the lean angles are so out of control i love it, just simply amazing how far they can take them over! I couldn't imagine that i could be touching my elbow in this photo haha :eek:, guess i have some work to do :D.
View attachment 667396
Well to be fair it takes practice.

I remember way back in the day everyone was so obsessed with tire sizes and compounds. All the street squids thought knee dragging wasn't possible without the fattest softest race tires on the market.

Then there's Lawson dragging his knee on a bone stock FZ750 (on a 130x18 rear tire) and then on a FJ1100 (a pig of a bike) on magazine covers.
8406cyc.JPG

s-l225.jpg

And then a shot of a stock original ZX600 leaned over dragging knee with the stock 120x16 rear tire.

1985-85-january-motorcyclist-magazine-features-kawaski-zx600-ninja-harley-davidson-xlx-61_7740749.jpeg

And all those OEM tires were hard as rocks. So there is some talent required
:)

So, the video starts with me and Darren exiting turn 6, with Darren leading. I am close enough to try and force a pass going into Turn 7, I present myself as if I were going to drive down the inside in the brake zone and he ends up taking the bait and drives a little too deep into 7 while I tuck back in behind and drive the optimum line through 7-8-9 and onto the straight. Now coming through the last turn onto the straightaway I get the run on him and he puts an early block to the right, which leads to the inside of Turn 1. Even though he tries to take away the inside into 1, I still pull over to the right. There's absolutely no way I'm going to fit in between Darren's car and the cones approaching, but I still try and force my way in there, selling him on the idea that I'm crazy enough to try it. (I've done it before and taken a few cones out lol) Now, the most important part of this pass is where I lift just a bit and cut hard to the outside at the very last second. What this does is fill his mirrors with an erratic movement and causes him to make a mistake and brake just a split second too late, driving him too deep into the corner, and in turn leaving the door open just enough for me to slink inside and execute an almost textbook example of a scissor pass. Almost. Darren catches his car very well and manages to stick beside me all the way through turn 3. After Turn 1 all I was doing was trying to stick alongside him and keep him sucked tight to the inside so I could get a better run out of the corners to complete the pass that was started damn near a lap ago.

Darren is a very talented driver, and I'm very fortunate that I am able to race him hard and clean every single lap it seems and still be friends off the track.

Edit: the video seems to not want to upload...

Here's the video I was talking about, I hate uploading stuff with my internet lol

I totally agree that the bikes themselves are not as fun to watch ridden, nothing will ever replace the 500's. Watching the riders back then drifting and smoking their tires was epic. Mamola was always entertaining!

I remember way back in the day everyone was so obsessed with tire sizes and compounds. All the street squids thought knee dragging wasn't possible without the fattest softest race tires on the market.

Then there's Lawson dragging his knee on a bone stock FZ750 (on a 130x18 rear tire) and then on a FJ1100 (a pig of a bike) on magazine covers.
8406cyc.JPG

s-l225.jpg

And then a shot of a stock original ZX600 leaned over dragging knee with the stock 120x16 rear tire.

1985-85-january-motorcyclist-magazine-features-kawaski-zx600-ninja-harley-davidson-xlx-61_7740749.jpeg

Some great pics! But that high side wreck goes through me :scared:

Here's the video I was talking about, I hate uploading stuff with my internet lol

It's worth the effort. I would give up my last testicle (ex wife chewed the other one off....long story), to race in one of those. Good clean racing with a bud is the best, especially when you beat him. That was a great setup for the pass, looked like me passing Aero....in my dreams.

Having spent time being stationed in Japan, I can translate that 500 GP/Mamola crash video for you guys:

"And here is another stupid round eye going in circles on a motorized vehicle. Watch as the tires we made out of discarded pieces of sushi cause him to eventually high side and break his coccyx when he hits the pavement. Hahahaha, very funny. We will teach our offspring to infiltrate the Project CARS sim racing game 30 years from now, and they will be the pitcrew for a maple syrup drinking, back-bacon eating Canuk named "BEAR". Revenge will be ours! Banzai!!!".

Having spent time being stationed in Japan, I can translate that 500 GP/Mamola crash video for you guys:

"And here is another stupid round eye going in circles on a motorized vehicle. Watch as the tires we made out of discarded pieces of sushi cause him to eventually high side and break his coccyx when he hits the pavement. Hahahaha, very funny. We will teach our offspring to infiltrate the Project CARS sim racing game 30 years from now, and they will be the pitcrew for a maple syrup drinking, back-bacon eating Canuk named "BEAR". Revenge will be ours! Banzai!!!".
:lol::lol:. That's pretty much spot on for the original Ninja Warrior program. Man I miss that...

@RobbiefromBC thanks for the video and commentary breakdown - that's really awesome - loved it!

8406cyc.JPG

s-l225.jpg

I have a collection of bike mags going back to the the late '70's, it's great to pull out an issue for a friend who happens to get an older bike and give him the road test.

I resurrected an '84 FJ1100 in '14 and put it back on the road for a couple of years, not quite sure I'd call it a pig of a bike, I could still humble a few guys on their modern street bikes, that motor still has some good grunt. One time, shortly after giving a couple of young lads a run for their money on their modern mounts, I pulled into a gas station and they followed me in as they had no idea what I was riding. The looks on their faces when I took my lid off and they realized they'd just been smoked by some old dude on an ancient sport bike was priceless!

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

What track is that Robbie, I'm guessing you race there a lot as it's the same place you have posted pics from before. Do you race at other tracks? I know there isn't many around your area.

This looks cool. I wonder if you could hook up a mechanical linkage to the roll capability to push steer? Not being able to push steer is critical on a bike, sim or not. This looks like a workout for the guy riding, I would fall my fat ass off all the time tipping over that far.

Hmmm.......gonna have to look into this.........could use it as part of my cardio exercising!

By pig I meant heavy. I used to have one, rode it work in the late 80's every day. Most squids would look at it and say you were crazy to try to drag a knee on it. Which is the point I was trying to make...knee dragging can be done on almost anything if the rider is good enough...it's not about fat tires and race compounds.

I have a collection of bike mags going back to the the late '70's, it's great to pull out an issue for a friend who happens to get an older bike and give him the road test.

I resurrected an '84 FJ1100 in '14 and put it back on the road for a couple of years, not quite sure I'd call it a pig of a bike, I could still humble a few guys on their modern street bikes, that motor still has some good grunt. One time, shortly after giving a couple of young lads a run for their money on their modern mounts, I pulled into a gas station and they followed me in as they had no idea what I was riding. The looks on their faces when I took my lid off and they realized they'd just been smoked by some old dude on an ancient sport bike was priceless!

View attachment 667594

View attachment 667595

What track is that Robbie, I'm guessing you race there a lot as it's the same place you have posted pics from before. Do you race at other tracks? I know there isn't many around your area.

Hmmm.......gonna have to look into this.........could use it as part of my cardio exercising!
Mission raceway Park is the name, it's in my home town and I've turned countless laps here in the last 3 years. We do go out of town to much bigger and better tracks

So... Zhuhai, Ruapuna, Snetterton, Cadwell are the tracks left. However, Nurburgring has only been lightly touched upon. And, I don't know if it's even worth mentioning, because Mike has said we'll never see this track in his league, but there's also Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Bzzz, wrong answer. We were running the Ring practicing the other night. Which means that it will not be used this week. Ha, so there.
And by the way, it's Aeroloogies lounge as well.

It is true I am not a big fan of either the Nurburgring or Lasagna only bacause we have raced those tracks sooooo much over the years.

So... Zhuhai, Ruapuna, Snetterton, Cadwell are the tracks left. However, Nurburgring has only been lightly touched upon. And, I don't know if it's even worth mentioning, because Mike has said we'll never see this track in his league, but there's also Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
There's actually eleven tracks still to choose from, two of which were just partially used one night so we are still counting them as not being run for a full race night. I've included LS in the eleven, even though I am of the same opinion as Mike for that track, but we might bow to the majority if most of you really did want to race there one night. But with only five Monday nights left before PCars 2 is out, we won't be making it to all whats left anyways. I doubt we will transition to PCars 2 the first Monday after the release as that is only three days after.

Wish we could do a race like this!

Last edited:
Back