The loudest exhaust note you've heard

  • Thread starter Thread starter iluvgt4
  • 40 comments
  • 7,044 views
Mine would be the Nascar Busch Series cars at Darlington and the Nascar Winston Cup cars at Daytona and Darlington. :)
 
If we're talking road cars, that would have to be my friends El Camino. Built as a drag car and not fully street legal, it sounds like a monster. That, or a heavily modified Z06.
 
In road cars a heavily modified 2002 Camaro SS with center exit exhaust one night coming home from the San Francisco Airport.

In race cars the Indycars racing at Infineon.
 
2002 Camaro SS with a built up and bored out LS1 (sounded like bigger). Sounded just like a Nascar, I ******.
or my friend's brother's K5 Blazer with open headers. I heard the thing from 3/4 a mile away :scared:
 
Easily, my dad's Mustang at 5500 RPM doing 160 KM/H on the QEW.
 
Technically the 2008 SL63 AMG F1 Safety car isn't a racecar so either that or a Ferrari 360CS:p I saw a few years ago coming back from a holiday.
 
ha yea F1, after 2 hours it really does start to wear thin, the end of the race is very welcome :lol: there was a show i went to that did decibel tests, the fort cannon got 120db and a street bel air got 132db :lol:
 
Alcohol-burning Mud Racers, Indoors. It's loud enough outside, but when you get into an arena and everything echoes...
 
Mine has to be a mid/late '70s Chevy Suburban with a (supposedly) worked over 454 from a Chevelle and rusted out exhaust pipes that belonged to a guy I sorta know. Standing next to that thing while he shows off is deafening, easily as loud as some race cars I've heard.
 
Probably would be my my Grand Prix that I drove with open headers once. I needed to take it to an exhaust shop to get the downpipe modified. I had to keep it under 2,500rpm to keep my ears from bleeding.

Other than that it would be my friends modified '86 Fiero.
 
The Citroen GT is by far and away the loudest road car I've ever heard. Admittedly I was sat on the ground at the back of the car, but even just idling it sounded immense, like a petrol LMP car.

Loudest sound from any car? Race of Champions, Stade de France, 2006. Two jet dragsters did laps at walking pace inside the stadium, firing the afterburners every 10 seconds or so. It was almost so loud it was briefly silent, and you felt it more than anything else.

The first time I heard an F1 car start up created an instant memory too; I was 12 or so, at Thruxton, standing behind a 1993 Footwork. It made quite an impression.
 
Back