The Maggiore endurance race is unbelievably hard

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 118 comments
Yeah those Endurance Races should really pay more than once TBH as they're enjoyable but a massive time-sink without any credits for replayability.

The Hyundai Genesis was very strong when a bunch of us completed this race about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it changed over that time - it's got one of the best fuel economies and has good power/straight-line speed. Handling is predictable with care really only required for the second really tight corner.

Don't use TCS, it's bound to be costing you a second a lap if not more.
Did a 1:55 with traction control 1.

Like many people I had tried many different cars and couldn't find the right one - nearly settled for the Aston Martin until I found the WRX!

Subaru WRX is king - brilliant handling and great power.

I managed to beat this race two months ago by driving well but also luck. I use a controller and automatic gears.

I pitted every 10 laps and put on mediums. Drove with TCS at 0. Rubilar and Beauvois got stuck behind AI so I was thinking I was fine when with 5 minutes to go, I realised Miyazono was still ahead. With 3 minutes to go, he was 1.7 seconds ahead and I managed to catch up as he got stuck behind AI. We both passed the AI and then on the second to last lap I passed him. I made a few minor errors on last lap and he closed the gap to 0.3 seconds at one point before I extended my lead and again, last few corners he closed the gap.

This is such an incredibly stressful race. I did suffer two 1 second penalties but the race really doesn't give you much room for errors over the 60 min!!

Last edited:
Like many people I had tried many different cars and couldn't find the right one - nearly settled for the Aston Martin until I found the WRX!

Subaru WRX is king - brilliant handling and great power.

I managed to beat this race two months ago by driving well but also luck. I use a controller and automatic gears.

I pitted every 10 laps and put on mediums. Drove with TCS at 0. Rubilar and Beauvois got stuck behind AI so I was thinking I was fine when with 5 minutes to go, I realised Miyazono was still ahead. With 3 minutes to go, he was 1.7 seconds ahead and I managed to catch up as he got stuck behind AI. We both passed the AI and then on the second to last lap I passed him. I made a few minor errors on last lap and he closed the gap to 0.3 seconds at one point before I extended my lead and again, last few corners he closed the gap.

This is such an incredibly stressful race. I did suffer two 1 second penalties but the race really doesn't give you much room for errors over the 60 min!!

My AI ran about 12 seconds faster than you. I did 1 hour 9 seconds.

Last edited:
It's all luck based. For some reason, in my winning race the AI were slower but in other attempts they were absolutely flying!
Probably did this race 30 times over the last few months. Pretty much ran all 55's, 56's and 57's this one. AI was ridiculous. Last few laps I finally put a gap on them. 13 seconds 🦾, lol.

Probably did this race 30 times over the last few months. Pretty much ran all 55's, 56's and 57's this one. AI was ridiculous. Last few laps I finally put a gap on them. 13 seconds 🦾, lol.
Nice. I ran a 1:54 with the Beetle a few patches ago but with more recent ones it just didn't have the speed and economy.
I'm really happy I managed to do this race, the Autopolis endurance race and the Nurburgring full lap all to gold within a day. I actually couldn't believe that I could do it!

Nice. I ran a 1:54 with the Beetle a few patches ago but with more recent ones it just didn't have the speed and economy.
I'm really happy I managed to do this race, the Autopolis endurance race and the Nurburgring full lap all to gold within a day. I actually couldn't believe that I could do it!
Congrats! My AI was brutal, way faster out of corners and always trying to spin me I kept getting 2nd. I almost wrote it off didn't think it was possible. Every update got harder. This last one with damage made it very difficult. Not sure which was harder this or the final license. Now it's on to the last few Circuit Experience golds. Got all gold Nurburgring earlier except the final. About 5 seconds off.

Congrats! My AI was brutal, way faster out of corners and always trying to spin me I kept getting 2nd. I almost wrote it off didn't think it was possible. Every update got harder. This last one with damage made it very difficult. Not sure which was harder this or the final license. Now it's on to the last few Circuit Experience golds. Got all gold Nurburgring earlier except the final. About 5 seconds off.
All I can say is, if you managed to get gold on Lake Maggiore and gold on all sectors at the Nurb then you can gold the full lap. I only beat the gold time by 0.5 seconds (I'm an average player) but there was room for improvement.....nearly lost it on the final corner too haha. If you get gold on the full lap, everything else is a breeze. I had the St Croix full lap as my final CE gold and smashed it straight after the Nurb. It's funny because a few months ago I probably would've told you that I'll never get gold on these.

I hit 1:57-1:58 consistently with the WRX and TCS off using a controller. I used automatic gears too!
It's the hardest challenge in the game for sure - makes the S Licence a total breeze lol.

The fastest time I ever did for Lake Maggiore in a Gr.3 car was with the Beetle I think in patch 1.20 when I hit a 1:54:800 and TCS on 0-1. I tried using this car for recent patches and it seemed slower so I stuck with the WRX. The Aston Martin is also a great car but just felt a tad slower than the WRX. It's about finding the right car for you, practicing on the track to get better and faster and having a bit of luck on the attempt as sometimes the AI set slightly slower laps or Beauvois/Rubilar get stuck behind other AI which gives you a lap or two to break free/increase your lead.

I just finally finished, my ai was faster than that. I did a 1:00:09 with a 1:55.760. Definitely the hardest race along with the last license.
Both the AI and player times became faster with the tyre wear update. I've since done 59:46 with the Mazda RX-Vision.

I really love this event. I think it's easily the most fun you can have in the singleplayer career, I just wish it actually paid out something for doing it again, I don't see the harm in that. Oh well.

Set myself a challenge earlier in beating it with the Suzuki VGT, which was a lot of fun. I might try the Citroen or something in a similar tier next. Best laptime was a 1:56.2, just shy of Gallo - but optimal was a 55.7 which I was on track to hit before an unfortunate back marker gobbled up my final sector. Done on controller.

1664815748556.png

Last edited:
Won this in the Mazda RX-Vision. 2 stopper on Racing Mediums. Really quick car but you have to be careful with it on the first 2 laps when you have cold tires and a full tank if fuel. The back end like to come around you when you go hard on the brakes. Other than that, just grit your teeth and try to run your best lap times. I ran some 57's, lots of 58's and 59's and some 2:00 lap times if my tires were worn or if lapped traffic really caused some slow downs.

Just recently attempted this event for the first time to see what the hype was about and wow, yeah this is a hard one. I underestimated it and started on Hards in the Jag. I got to 3rd pretty quickly but kept slowly falling behind 2nd and 1st with Rubilar catching up to me setting mid 1:56s/low 1:57s, until I had to pit about 20 minutes in. It was then when I realized I had forgotten to buy Medium tires for this car and I knew I had no chance of winning, so I just quit right there to try again later. It was a little sus how much grip they maintained with softer tires than mine but whatever.

I wish the AI could kick my butt like this everywhere else if I wanted it to. They're being boosted like heck to be able to be this fast but they're consistent (for the most part), not really relying on the player's pace to set their own like in pretty much every career mode event and custom race. Though I didn't get to the second half where the slowing down traditionally happens so we'll see about that. I actually felt like respecting the AI as competitors instead of obstacles; in my case at least, they were really good at side by side racing, keeping their lines on the outside when I often dived on the inside of them and staying there for an extended period of time. I'm sad races like this are so rare.

Last edited:
I went back to this after not trying it in recent months, and wow it is a completely different race. One thing that people are missing is that Human Comedy races have a bug with the difficulty.

In my testing today, this issue persists in the latest update. The fastest lap on Hard was 1 second SLOWER than the fastest lap on Medium.

Also a lot of advice related to this race is outdated. It's practically impossible to win with the old meta RSR.

My friend played and succeed with the Controller. Lap Time between 1.57 - 1.58 with Peugeot RZR

Thanks yes, I managed to complete this many times. I just had to get better. I think my best time was a 1.55.9X in the end. But generally 1:57-1:58s.

Best laps were in the Porsche but I've completed it in the Hyundai and Corvette also.

Great, great race.

It's practically impossible to win with the old meta RSR.
Actually the leaderboards currently has 2 Porsche in the top 10, so its quite the opposite of impossible.
I would still argue the only 3 cars that simply cant do it are both Audis and the Lambo (because of the tyrewear I have on them).

Also about the laptimes, they are vaying so much that I think it is hardly possible to say "its more difficult on easy because the AI is faster there". Consider wind strength and direction are changing, though I cant tell if temperature has impact on the pace.
I only play on difficult, but the fastest AI lap times I have noted down in my long track of driving all cars are in the range of 1:56,917 to 1:57,831 (just today).

Last edited:
Did this with the Audi R8 LMS (only caused I won it off a ticket and I'm not really a meta car person), almost regretted it when I did the one stop on RH as with 15mins, Rubilar did his second stop and still came out ahead of me so I knew it was done. Network cut me so the game threw me back to the Home screen. Rebooted the router and did it again. Ran the 2 stop RM and only caught the win by the slightest of margins (.500) But as for the LMS, never again lol.:crazy:

Did it on my second try. First try I used hard tires and one stop, but I found it was too slow and Magiorre has a short pitlane so you're not losing much time while pitting.

Second try used the Aston Martin and did two stops on medium tires. Just keep doing 1:58's and 1:59's while short shifting. Pit at the end of laps 10 and 20. For both stops only refuel enough for 10 laps. I won by ~10 seconds.
It took me many tries, but it was like that for me when I finally won it. I had a few 1:57s and a couple of 2:00s, but won by 8s with 1:58s and 59s. I had turned up TC from 1 to 2, so it can be done on 2. Maybe only not slower with my driving style. Corvette on RM, but I had just lost to Rubilar by 4s after gong into 2nd pit ahead of him. I think AI does full fill, so I did too on 1st sop, making shorter fill to 10.4 laps on 2nd.

I tried the renault rs01, not the gt3 version, on medium tyres. Soft tyres would barely last 5 laps. Full power on the fuel thingy, and only 1 or 2 pit stops. I would win but something dumb would happen and I would go off the track, so I haven't won with the race yet. I don't have the patience for it.

I tried the renault rs01, not the gt3 version, on medium tyres. Soft tyres would barely last 5 laps. Full power on the fuel thingy, and only 1 or 2 pit stops. I would win but something dumb would happen and I would go off the track, so I haven't won with the race yet. I don't have the patience for it.
Human Comedy Lake Maggiore doesnt support Racing Softs as an option, either Hard or Medium - are you talking about a different event on this track as this specific thread isnt limited to the 1hour event?

Human Comedy Lake Maggiore doesnt support Racing Softs as an option, either Hard or Medium - are you talking about a different event on this track as this specific thread isnt limited to the 1hour event?
I was talking about the wtc 800 race

Last edited:
I may have done this with the R8 LMS (very harsh on tyres) but with a few attempts done previously I can throw a few suggestions:

• On average, your main rival is Rubilar due to his extensive long stints (guaranteed podium or win), Fraga always pits during the last 10/15mins. Miyazono & Hizal also in the picture but not a threat towards the end.
  • Strong MR cars are the McLaren & RCZ due to it being fuel savvy and good on the rear tyres, go Porsche if you don't want to struggle.
  • Good FR cars - '16 AMG, Supra, WRX, M6.
  • Always favour a 2-stop on RM. 1-stop is a strong gamble and a few bad laps will kill the strategy. Save as much fuel as you can, the extra seconds will pay off. Target times should be around the 57/58s.
  • Battle if necessary because tyre life and time loss do impact the last stint. Clear traffic as quick as you can also.

Can add more but this can be used as a bit of a guideline. Haven't played since mid-September so I don't know if the physics changes do any impact since I heard the MR cars are more manageable.

Just did this today with the McLaren F1 after battling this mission for days with various cars recommended here. Don’t really know if the McLaren is among the best cars to win this race but I just bought it yesterday when it came to sale in the Legendary dealership and fell in love with it.

My fastest lap was 1:58.432 and most of the lap times were around 1:58-1:59 with a couple of 2:00 and 2:01 in there too. FM1 for the whole race and medium tyres, 2 pit stops. Race difficulty on hard.

Gallo, Fraga and Yamanaka were tailgating me for the last 3 laps and I had to defend pretty aggressively to keep my lead. Rubilar was the leader for almost the whole race until 29th lap when he pitted for some reason and fell to 5th. This was definitely the hardest race in the game for me. Thank you all for the tips, I’m finally done with this!
IMG_8375.jpeg

Back