The Maggiore endurance race is unbelievably hard

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 118 comments
Sweden
Umeå
This is the last thing in the game I've yet to get gold on and it's also the only event that I don't know how to beat. I've tried for 5 hours now finding a good enough car to hand me this victory but it's near impossible. The AI can without any difficulty set sub 1.57 times even on degraded tires, and driving on your best tires that's hard to compete with. I've seen people online doing 1.56 laps and I have ZERO clue how you can be that fast. I'm pushing so hard that I can barely keep the car on track and I've tried it with 8 different Gr. 3 cars now. My body is completely sore from this challenge - even more so than getting gold on Nordschleife.

Does anyone know how to beat it? Is there some ultimate strategy I can use? Is there some way to cheese it like the Tomahawk WTC event? I've given this challenge an entire day so I'm just set on completing it now by any means necessary.

Last edited:
Go to the thread on this race. People have been sharing strats there. From my experience the winner does a 1:00:50 time. This amounts to 2:00 average lap time on a RH tyres 1 stop (50 seconds for stopping for full tank and tyres) and 1:58 on RM 2 stops.

Having said that, I haven’t beaten it either. I’m on 2 complete races and few other unfinished tries. It’s tough.

I watched Zocker do this on stream yesterday, and it was easy to see why it's hard, because even he only won by a margin of around 0.25 seconds per lap. He's not the fastest of drivers, but he's fast enough that a huge number of people won't be able to lap within 0.25 seconds per lap of his pace. He used the RCZ and did a 2 stop with RM tyres. I can't be bothered to try it again as I've finished 2nd in the past, so if I fail to win it, it's just an hour spent for no credits.

Last edited:
Don't seem like there's some ultimate strategy. People win with all combinations of car, fuel and tyres.
What I did was doing the Circuit Experience on the track for Gold before the race. Then did the race with 2 pitstops on RM and averaging 1:58's. First stint I've just about matched Al's pace, but second stint they've started fading and I won by 7 seconds. So don't loose hope if you don't catch them from the beginning.

Don't seem like there's some ultimate strategy. People win with all combinations of car, fuel and tyres.
What I did was doing the Circuit Experience on the track for Gold before the race. Then did the race with 2 pitstops on RM and averaging 1:58's. First stint I've just about matched Al's pace, but second stint they've started fading and I won by 7 seconds. So don't loose hope if you don't catch them from the beginning.
I think I've tried 5 different strategies now watching different youtubers but just can't nail it. I think it all boils down to having incredible pace where you are between 1.57-59 for the majority of the laps. And if you go for hard tires and a 1 stop you have to drive even fasterto make up for the lost time.

I'm in a state now where I'm wondering if something has glitched out, just like with the rally tires bug. When the game releases my car at the start it does a really bizarre downshift, and this also happens if I get out of the pitstop. Watching youtubers they don't seem to have this issue.

Last edited:
Lots of info here.

I did win this on my first go. Long story short, used the RCZ on RH with one stop at 30 mins. That car in the background was P2 and was ~5.X behind.

e37c6d8bee98ff12fe0e1ab00502d969_photo.webp

I have video guide on this mission - I opted for the RS01, but you can use something like the RCZ, 4C, etc. and get similar results. I think the 1 stop strategy on hards is the way to go because of how quickly the mediums degrade. I was able to get 1:56s on hard tires, and I ended up beating 2nd place by over a minute on my run. I also recommend doing the circuit experience until you can get gold on it consistently so you know you have enough pace to win the race.

I have video guide on this mission - I opted for the RS01, but you can use something like the RCZ, 4C, etc. and get similar results. I think the 1 stop strategy on hards is the way to go because of how quickly the mediums degrade. I was able to get 1:56s on hard tires, and I ended up beating 2nd place by over a minute on my run. I also recommend doing the circuit experience until you can get gold on it consistently so you know you have enough pace to win the race.

Actually used this guide initially and spent three full hours trying to do it but failed every attempt. I can only do 1.58 at the most with the RS01, and that's pushing it so hard I can barely stand afterwards. The scenario that always occured was that the M3 came out from the pits just behind me with about 5-7 laps left and I never managed to hold him back.

I can see in some peoples videos that the AI messes up their strategy and do a final stop just before the final laps. This has never happened for me. They always change tires and just barely fill their tanks to be able to go another stint and they always make it to the finish line. I'm at a point now where I don't think a 1 stop strategy is possible and I'm gonna explore a 2 stop and some other cars.

Last edited:
The first thing is to know the track and it's limits, this video shows how flexible the track limits are, after that is practicing and more practicing.

I did this race with a Beetle Gr.3, on RM tires. 2 stops for more RM tires and refueling.

Use the AMG 2016 gt3. Use racing medium. Pit at end of lap 10 and fully refuel/new tyres. Pit again at end of lap 20 and new tyres/refuel to 10.2 laps. You’ll be 20 secs ish behind leader but will easily catch him as his tyres die. Fuel map 1 the whole way. I was doing 1.57 to 2.00 with fastest in 56’s Also one big crash but still managed 1st. Tried a few other cars but didn’t get close.
Also started cutting ripple strips to do faster times.

Oh and no assists, TC etc will slow you down.

Last edited:
Use the AMG 2016 gt3. Use racing medium. Pit at end of lap 10 and fully refuel/new tyres. Pit again at end of lap 20 and new tyres/refuel to 10.2 laps. You’ll be 20 secs ish behind leader but will easily catch him as his tyres die. Fuel map 1 the whole way. I was doing 1.57 to 2.00 with fastest in 56’s Also one big crash but still managed 1st. Tried a few other cars but didn’t get close.
Also started cutting ripple strips to do faster times.

Oh and no assists, TC etc will slow you down.
Trying the RCZ atm but will give the AMG a try if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the tip!

I'm not sure what kind of racing you prefer because "cutting up like mad" a track is always going to be the fastest way around.
I don't drive that way. To each their own.

The first thing is to know the track and it's limits, this video shows how flexible the track limits are, after that is practicing and more practicing.

I did this race with a Beetle Gr.3, on RM tires. 2 stops for more RM tires and refueling.

I enjoy this guy's channel, but the video epitomizes exactly what I hate about the new GT7; it's not a great racing sim, yet it has to be driven like one to get good times.

Attachments

• No thanks.JPG
    No thanks.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 200
This event is the prime example of why BoP racing in Gran Turismo sucks and has no place in the game, especially not in a single player mode. The RCZ is the best car... of course it is, it's the only car not nerfed by the BoP and it's the lightest car while not being down on power compared to most of the other cars.

Then Rubilar obviously cheats. No way he can conserve his tires so well when the M6 is one of the heaviest cars.

Last edited:
This event is the prime example of why BoP racing in Gran Turismo sucks and has no place in the game, especially not in a single player mode. The RCZ is the best car... of course it is, it's the only car not nerfed by the BoP and it's the lightest car while not being down on power compared to most of the other cars.

Then Rubilar obviously cheats. No way he can conserve his tires so well when the M6 is one of the heaviest cars.
BOP is literally designed to even the grid out , THE AI HAS BOP ENABLED TOO

What the heck?! How was your 2nd place AI 26 seconds slower than in Zocker's race?! You'd still have won by 4 seconds, so I'm not saying you didn't deserve the win, but it's ridiculous that the difficulty can (seemingly randomly) vary that much.
Probably some racing incident. On my last race I inadvertently ofc caused Rubilar to spin on the hairpin and he didn’t make top 3.

BOP is literally designed to even the grid out , THE AI HAS BOP ENABLED TOO
There are a few caveats:

• The balance needs to be done properly
  • GT7 does not allow tuning under BoP regulations
  • Performance of a car does not depend only on its lap times

The RCZ outperforms most cars because it's got one of the best default tunes, one of the best power-to-weight ratios in addition to being the lightest car in Gr.3, and, on top of that, it also does not become an undrivable mess on worn tires.

What the heck?! How was your 2nd place AI 26 seconds slower than in Zocker's race?! You'd still have won by 4 seconds, so I'm not saying you didn't deserve the win, but it's ridiculous that the difficulty can (seemingly randomly) vary that much.
I didn’t save the replay unfortunately so I can’t really tell what the AI was up to. I had no issues outperforming them during my first stint though and then I could see them behind me on the straight far back.

At the end they lost time gradually for about 5 laps until they picked up the pace again and matched my lap times.

There are a few caveats:

• The balance needs to be done properly
  • GT7 does not allow tuning under BoP regulations
  • Performance of a car does not depend only on its lap times

The RCZ outperforms most cars because it's got one of the best default tunes, one of the best power-to-weight ratios in addition to being the lightest car in Gr.3, and, on top of that, it also does not become an undrivable mess on worn tires.

Good summary of the RCZ. It was an absolute beast even with degraded tires.

Last edited:
I won it with the 911 by one stopping with hard tires and using fuel map 2 for most of both stints. This was on hard difficulty and the fastest lap was a high 56 by one of the ai, which I suspect was largely because of medium tires and a slipstream.

FREAKING FINALLY

mCyFhVm.png

I used the Corvette 3 times. It's possible to do 1:57 laps with it, but the problem is that you lost too much time after 5-6 laps. It goes from 1:57 to 2:02. Doing 1 stop racing with RH is not ideal because the Corvette is fuel hungry.

Then I tried the R.S 01 and although it's a fuel efficient car, I just couldn't control it during sector 2.

And finally the RCZ. This car is absurd. I came in 2nd with a 1 stop strategy with RH. Not ideal in my opinion. Doing 2 stops with RM is better. You can consistently get lap between 1:57-159 without problems.

My laps with the Corvette ~ 1:57; 1:57; 1:58: 2:00; 2:02...
My laps with the RCZ ~ 1:57; 1:58; 1:58; 1:58; 1:58; 1:59...

I got 1st place during the first pitstop. You only need fuel for 10 laps, so that's enough to pass the M6. Tried my best to make consistent laps and after the second pitstop I was 1 second in front of the M6 again. The AI is way faster in the first sector. Cetain laps I lost almost a whole second, but then I could build another gap in sectors 2 and 3.

Really hard race. The AI doing 1:56-1:57 laps is no joke.

Almost personal best ... 13th !!! 2nd from last corner AI nudged me into a spin ... cheers .

Has me beat this ... car run 1:59s ... but not consistently.
The slowest part of the track after first straight till going down hill has me utterly beat , can't find any speed or pace there and the AI whoops me .

Back