The Magic of Vintage Racing at Mid-Ohio

We're doing something a little different here for a nice Sunday read: say hi to @PTG Ace, a name you may be familiar with from the world of Forza liveries. Jed wanted to share his experience with GTPlanet's community, and as vintage race cars are one of the major influences behind his prolific livery creations, we were all for it. Enjoy!

Great article aside .
The first pic is epic .
Two cars that have no right to be together , just snuggled up in the pits.
In the he words of Jeremy Clarkson. 'I think I've just had a crisis'.

Absolutely awesome write-up, @PTG Ace, thank you so much for sharing it with GTP!

I would love to get to Mid-Ohio some day.

Fantastic article, there is nothing like seeing vintage cars being thrashed around a track. It's pretty much like a museum coming to life.

Great article and pictures! I’ve spent many, many dozens of hours at Mid-Ohio over the years with my dad.

Jed, So glad you caught a glimpse of our 1973 ex-Sam Posey Trans Am Ford Capri! It was indeed a gorgeous weekend for racing at Mid-Ohio, and glad you had a good time. Very nice write-up.

Mid-Ohio is only a few hours from where I live and I go to the IMSA race up there every year. I've never been to this though. I didn't know what to expect but I'm going to make it up there next year for it. This looks like its an absolute blast!

Nice article with some lovely pictures! I strongly recommend that every reader gets along to a Historic meeting at their local track - you should encounter a friendly atmosphere and interesting cars.

Back