The Marketing Stage

Just saying, judging that Comic-Con video I've seen, this game is for every arcade need for speed fan too when you turn aids on.
The way I figure it, in order for us to enjoy a sim console game, some compromises have to be made in order to attract the casual fans to move more units to improve the bottom line. SMS/WMD is in the business of making money after all but they want to do it with a nod to the sim racer. The more they sell, the better the game next time. So long as the physics and gameplay can be made sim-like I don't care much what anyone else does with the game. Racing online will be the same. Lobbies without aids and racing tires will not attract the casual racers same as in the GT series. I'm just hoping the sim-lobbies are more popular than they are in the GT series.

The way I figure it, in order for us to enjoy a sim console game, some compromises have to be made in order to attract the casual fans to move more units to improve the bottom line. SMS/WMD is in the business of making money after all but they want to do it with a nod to the sim racer. The more they sell, the better the game next time. So long as the physics and gameplay can be made sim-like I don't care much what anyone else does with the game. Racing online will be the same. Lobbies without aids and racing tires will not attract the casual racers same as in the GT series. I'm just hoping the sim-lobbies are more popular than they are in the GT series.
I think if you want the hardcore sim guys PC will be your best bet however community's like gt planet will be other small pockets on consoles

I noticed they have some links for pre-orders now but when I went to the links I did not see a listing for the PC version, just PS4 and XBOne. I have not picked up either console as of yet and probably will not any time soon.

I do have a good PC to run it on and am hoping that the PC version will support the Fanatec wheels and pedals.

I noticed they have some links for pre-orders now but when I went to the links I did not see a listing for the PC version, just PS4 and XBOne. I have not picked up either console as of yet and probably will not any time soon.

I do have a good PC to run it on and am hoping that the PC version will support the Fanatec wheels and pedals.
I believe all wheels will be supported on PC as is usual on PC games. Someone posted a list recently probably of all supported wheels, maybe someone can find it and re-post. I believe their goal is to be on the forefront as far as peripherals and the latest tech goes, 4K support, 12K support, VR headsets and of course all availables wheels etc.

To WMD members:

Is there anything more regarding news/media (i.e. Trailers or announcements) coming to PCARS soon? There's been nothing lately...

Well obviously, they will make some more PR drumrolls and fanfares once we re closer to release. Even if we knew what exactly is in the plans tho, we re not allowed to share it. Surprising the customer (positively) is part of marketing. You ll just have to wait and see... :D

Well obviously, they will make some more PR drumrolls and fanfares once we re closer to release. Even if we knew what exactly is in the plans tho, we re not allowed to share it. Surprising the customer (positively) is part of marketing. You ll just have to wait and see... :D
Okei

It's Driveclub's time in the spotlight (this week at least) I'm sure we'll see an upping of the ante soon enough.

Project Cars will have a bit more space around it's release window. The Crew has been delayed until December pending another Beta test. I suspect because feedback from the previous betas have told them it's not good enough.

Back