The McLaren of Grand Tourers

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 59 comments
I like it, though I'll admit it's playing very safe design-wise after the 720S. I expected more overt Speedtail lineage, but oh well. It's strange that the team is almost moving backwards towards the 12C in the looks department. The 12C has aged pretty well IMO (though its very spec-dependent), but it's still a decade-old car at this point.

What is the correct pronunciation of "monocoque" because I'm quite sure I'm getting it wrong.

Edit: Autopedia on YouTube says mono-coke.

So basically a bigger 12c. Got it
Yes, a bigger 12C that has a different chassis, panels, styling, engine, intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes, interior and displays, and a boot:

New-McLaren-GT-15052019_20.jpg

I think the gearbox is the same though.

Yes, a bigger 12C that has a different chassis, panels, styling, engine, intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes, interior and displays, and a boot:

New-McLaren-GT-15052019_20.jpg

I think the gearbox is the same though.

I'm confused, where does the caddy go? He usually comes in his own car with my clubs... looks a bit tight for him in the boot

I love it. It's elegant and simple, like the Speedtail. It's a Grand Tourer, it doesn't need holes and wings and knifes all over the place. It doesn't need to be aggressive.

I'd love to have one, but I feel there's something missing about it...

I'm not going to elaborate any further on this statement, but I happen to know that you can fit a relatively limber, and living, 21-year old girl into the frunk.

Oh that's what I was thinking of. It's settled, then. In about 83 years, I'm getting one.

The fact that this car retains a good amount of the design language from the other models in the brand may give it the edge over its rivals from Aston Martin. Those wheels need to go however...

Well this car is clearly a direct competitor to Aston Martin's DB11...around the same power but the Aston is a little slower, but higher top speed. It will be interesting to see these two compared

Is it bad that I love this car simply for the insane amount of luggage space it has? I'm also kinda liking the champagne paint color. The front styling, while keeping McLaren's general profile, makes me think of Aston Martin well before McLaren, which isn't necessarily bad.

It also has a lot more output than I was expecting, figured it would sit somewhere between 500-560HP. I assume that also means that in (seemingly) typical McLaren fashion, it's severely underrated.

Is it bad that I love this car simply for the insane amount of luggage space it has? I'm also kinda liking the champagne paint color. The front styling, while keeping McLaren's general profile, makes me think of Aston Martin well before McLaren, which isn't necessarily bad.

It also has a lot more output than I was expecting, figured it would sit somewhere between 500-560HP. I assume that also means that in (seemingly) typical McLaren fashion, it's severely underrated.
Yup. 612hp? Nah probably more like 660.

Well we are in an era where supercars like the Ferrari 488 are considered underpowered.

Like the colour, still quite meh on the design and concept.

Walkaround from TG.com. At 1:00 they showed how this car fits into the rest of the range. Still find it odd that they don't just call it 610 GT.

When I was learning of Grand Touring cars early in my education about cars, I learned of them as being sports cars that are both sporty while not sacrificing being functional in being a daily driver. So in seeing this McLaren, I have to imagine McLaren trying to mix sportiness while not losing touch with being a functional car to get you from Point A to Point B. This car looks great to me.

Back