The mclaren6 Fantasy Patch

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 48 comments
I like most of the proposed improvements. Since the MP is the hot topic, I'll drop my two clams-worth.

In theory, I like the idea of being able to convert MP, but would rather see it as opt-in. The best example I can think of off-the-cuff is Destiny. If I pick up gear that I don't need/want, I can disassemble it for shards and materials I can use for other things. Same with armor shaders and other items.

If you let me trade my MP at 1:4 for CR, that could work. I wouldn't mind also seeing the ability to buy MP for CR? This could let people fluidly move back and forth between the currencies if they find one easier to gather than another. Obviously the rate would need to be the same so there's no exploiting going one way or the other. You'd have to balance it so it's not ridiculous, though since MP items will run out before CR, making MP the easier to gain would be preferable.

I also would not mind seeing ability to buy cars, in whole or part, with an equivalent MP price. I think it would be OK to leave the safety cars/gr3 road cars as MP only. This would be another thing to help offset the grind if I can use both currencies to purchase cars.

If you let me trade my MP at 1:4 for CR, that could work.

The problem with determining what Mileage points are worth in credits, is how mileage is rewarded in other parts of the game. For instance, if I drive 26.2 miles in a day I'm given a car; could be an expensive one or a cheap one. So, if you work out what the average price of a car is in GTS (using all available cars in Brand Central), then divide it by 26.2, you'll get the Mileage Point to Credit value implied by the Daily Workout, which I presume would be significantly higher than the OP's suggested 1:4 ratio.

Last edited:
With GTS being geared to a competitive online experience, and with it missing an offline experience that can keep you entertained, I honestly find the Credits and MP awards a headache and pointless.

Its all geared for a grind, what gets players back? Content.

So from PD’s point of view I feel their MP and credit system is just designed to artificially extend the lifespan of a game that without is a great shell of a game, but still needing that something special.

VBR
The problem with determining what Mileage points are worth in credits, is how mileage is rewarded in other parts of the game. For instance, if I drive 26.2 miles in a day I'm given a car; could be an expensive one or a cheap one. If you work out what the average price of a car is in GTS (using all available cars in Brand Central), then divide it by 27.2, you'll get the Mileage point to Credit value implied by the Daily Workout, which I presume would be significantly higher than the OP's suggested 1:4 ratio.
Agreed. I would guess there is at least one person here (@Famine ? :D) that has put all the rewards for each race into a database/spreadsheet and could tell us how many MP and CR are given on average. We could put that into a box with average car cost, etc. and come up with a decent number. In fact, I bet someone will do that now that it's been mentioned. :sly:

Agreed. I would guess there is at least one person here (@Famine ? :D) that has put all the rewards for each race into a database/spreadsheet and could tell us how many MP and CR are given on average. We could put that into a box with average car cost, etc. and come up with a decent number. In fact, I bet someone will do that now that it's been mentioned. :sly:

I think that we get 10 Mileage Points for every mile we drive in Time Trial mode, but am not sure if that's the same in every other game mode.

VBR
I think that we get 10 Mileage Points for every mile we drive in Time Trial mode, but am not sure if that's the same in every other game mode.

EDIT: Misinformation

Last edited:
VBR
I wish! The picture below is from the GT Sport online manual. It clearly shows 6.2 miles driven & 60 MP awarded. 👍

We are actually both wrong, I just fired up the game and did 2.8 miles and got 50 Mi with 1 time trial lap of Brands Hatch... :lol:

Last edited:
IMO they need to remove Reposting altogether. Or somehow restrict it. whenever I go to Activity Feed all I see is 100 Reposted junks from someone who isn't even a friend / follower of mine. All I want to do is like my friends' stuff and I can't. Unless I go to all of their profiles individually and I'm not going to do that.

Agree with this, it's quite annoying. A filter option for your activity feed would be nice, would hide all reposts in a heartbeat :D

We are actually both wrong, I just fired up the game and did 2.8 miles and got 50 Mi with 1 time trial lap of Brands Hatch... :lol:

Actually, you're wrong about this. I just tested it & the game does indeed give out 10 MP per mile driven. However, if you only do part of a lap in Time Trial & then hit Retry, it will count that distance towards the MP but it won't display on the Distance driven. Here are two screen shots.

I drove one lap only at Brands Hatch:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180807133806.jpg

I drove almost one lap but clicked on Retry before the start/finish line & then drove a full lap crossing the start/finish line:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180807134232.jpg

VBR
Actually, you're wrong about this. I just tested it & the game does indeed give out 10 MP per mile driven. However, if you only do part of a lap in Time Trial & then hit Retry, it will count that distance towards the MP but it won't display on the Distance driven. Here are two screen shots.

I drove one lap only at Brands Hatch:

View attachment 757388

I drove almost one lap but clicked on Retry before the start/finish line & then drove a full lap crossing the start/finish line:

View attachment 757389

I wasn't aware this was something that was factored, good stuff 👍

I wasn't aware this was something that was factored, good stuff 👍

Neither was I. Though I did notice that my mileage at the top left of the screen went up even when I didn't do full laps, so decided to test it out. It's great that it is factored in otherwise players would lose lots of mileage points for restarting or stopping races & time trials etc.

One small change that I would love to include in this fantasy patch is the option of choosing your livery when entering a race, instead of having to go to your garage, "equip" the car in question, then going to the livery section and set your desired livery, and then enter the event.

Seems like it should be a easy addition :)

One small change that I would love to include in this fantasy patch is the option of choosing your livery when entering a race, instead of having to go to your garage, "equip" the car in question, then going to the livery section and set your desired livery, and then enter the event.

Seems like it should be a easy addition :)
Oh heck yes! :D There are already places where they let you choose the color of the car when entering...I think the one make races (used to?) do this and if you do an arcade race with the default set instead of a garage car. No reason this couldn't be expanded to include downloaded liveries.

Easiest way to make mileage points beneficial would be to have a rotation of cars in the the mileage exchange rather than just the road cars and safety cars.

Even if they made them really expensive or something. Also agree the rewards for a race especially fia are far too small, both credits and XP. If they bumped up the clean race bonus it would help massively, bigger rewards for this can’t hurt and it’s what the game is trying to promote, so actually give a decent reward for achieving it.

So I'm currently studying the Game Development side of Computer Science, and there's so many things in this game where I think "Wow, implementing this change would massively improve the game for an extremely small amount of development time, why hasn't PD done it yet?", so alas, its time to document some of this stuff.

Remember, the primary goal here is changes that are relatively low effort to develop whilst also completely preserving the current experience, you won't see anything current getting diluted or ruined, you won't be seeing any sweeping changes or new content. (No Spa basically :lol:) The goal is to improve the game for EVERY type of player.

You'll see some text in italics beneath each block of changes explaining the reasoning behind it.

ECONOMY CHANGES

• Added "+200% Daily Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Daily Races.
  • Added "+500% FIA Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in FIA Races. These now fill the Seasonal Event void that we are missing from previous GT games.
  • Added "+100% Custom Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Lobby Races and Custom Races.
  • Last place in any event now receives a hidden -90% base Reward reduction to counteract AFK Credit and Experience Farming. Every other position gets the full amount.
  • Rebalance VR Tour rewards so beating the 1v1 AI Opponent offers around 40,000 Credits and 300 XP, Losing rewards almost nothing.
  • All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset.
  • The Mileage Points lost at the Weekly Reset are converted to Credits at a 1 Mileage Point to 4 Credit Ratio. You see this when you log in for the first time after a weekly reset.
  • Recieving a 'Like' on shared content now awards 10XP.
  • Recieving a 'Repost' on shared content now awards 25XP.
  • You can no longer Like or Repost your own content.
  • Added FIA Season end Credit and Experience rewards. These rewards are based on your Primary Local Area Finishing Position.
  • Added 2,000,000 Credit + cars to the PlayStation Store, these cars cost £5.99 each (or regional equivalent)
  • Increase Credit Limit to 25,000,000

The goal of almost all these economy changes is to catch the vast majority of the games payouts up to that Blue Moon Premium Sports Lounge race that everyone grinds. Sport mode would have a much higher playerbase if it actually paid well (as evidenced by the amount of people willing to drive round an Oval for hours for Credits and XP) so we can re-incentivise people to play more engaging activities with a boost in payout. However, we don't want to nerf the Blue Moon race itself as there are genuinely people who enjoy it, and there's no better way to antagonise your entire community than nerfing a payout right after introducing Micro transactions, like god damn imagine the pitchforks...

The massive increase to FIA payout is because FIA races can only be done once, and only every few days, by jacking the payout up you essentially introduce them as GT Sports own Seasonal Event and increase participation in the series which is surely what PD wants.

With all the increased payouts we need to take some power out of people rubber banding their controllers, the last place change won't completely fix it, but it'll help. You can argue that it might damage weaker drivers earning, but they should be earning way more from all the other changes anyway. We want people to actually play the game, not band a controller and do something else :P

Offering small XP payouts to creators when people like or repost their stuff is a harmless change that they'll appreciate. Everyone wants to hit Level 50 at least some point in this lifetime... The small amount ensures it can't be abused.

Mileage Points are in a horrible place right now, they're almost pointless, my changes should actually make people want to earn them again and introduce some end game into having all the items.

People wanna buy the 20 mil cars with real cash, I say give em the option. It'd make PD money at the end of the day.

I don't like the idea of people stockpiling so much money that they can immediately thoughtlessly buy every car after an update without worrying about grinding it back up... But the Credit Limit shouldn't be exactly the same as the most expensive car in my opinion, a bit of overflow is nice. 25 mil is a reasonable middle ground.

BOP CHANGES

Gr.3

• Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car - Power Ratio -2%
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Audi R8 LMS - Power Ratio +1%
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Volkwagen Beetle Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Volkswagen GTI VGT Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
Gr.4
  • Renault Megane Trophy - Weight Reduction Ratio +3% and Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 - Power Ratio -1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Alfa Romeo 4C - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio +1%
  • Volkswagen Scirocco - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • McLaren 650S Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Aston Martin Vantage Gr.4 - Power Ratio +1%
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Honda NSX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Citroen GT Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Porsche Cayman Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Dodge Viper Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%

Group 1 has a wide variety of issues which honestly can't be categorised as a 'small change', so it'll be left out of this post.

Not much to say really, a bunch of changes which will bring Gr.3 and 4 cars much closer together on race pace, it won't be perfect, but it'll be a damn shot closer than it is right now.

Fuel Consumption Rate changes are based on fuel used per 100 litres.

SPORT MODE CHANGES

• Increased Driver Rating limit to 99,999
  • Changed the S DR requirement, is now 75,001 - 99,999 DR
  • Star Player is no longer represented by DR S, instead a small white star displays next to a Star Player's username wherever it is displayed.
  • Driver Rating Decay is in effect in DR S only. After a week of inactivity (not competing in Sport Mode), 100 DR a day will be lost down to a minimum of 75,000 DR
  • Added the A+ Sportsmanship Rating, the requirement is 80-89SR
  • S SR is now 90-99 SR.
  • Positive SR Movements are 50% slower
  • Negative SR Movements are 25% slower
  • FIA Nations Races are now on Tuesday and Friday, Manufacturer remains on Wednesday and Saturday.
  • Daily Races are now... Daily again... smh

Dead accounts being sat at 75,000 DR is a problem right now, these guys aren't even racing and they've secured themselves a free ticket to any future World Tour event by essentially NOT playing the game. 75,000 DR is also too easy to reach, I understand why a cap might be necessary though, so we'll just push it up by a lot and add Decay for the new DR range, problem solved without interfering with the current DR system in anyway.

If there's a DR matchmade Top 24 Superstars race where only 3 Brits can get in, but theres 10 Brits at 75,000DR, what then? I guess we'll find out Round 6 of this FIA season.

Star Player ruining the simplicity and intuitiveness of the ranking system was a silly move, the Star Icon should mend that rather than overriding everyone's true skill level with the currently meaningless DR S.

The S SR range is currently 80-99 SR, but 80-89 SR and 90-99 SR are separate matchmaking ranges, and people often get confused when they get matchmade into a 'bad lobby' even though "my SR was S!". Adding an A+ SR to cover that lower S range would make SR consistent with the DR ranking system and solve the confusion as S SR would cover the top matchmaking split ONLY.

Slowing down SR is a good move because its amazingly volatile right now, and quite simply too easy to gain. You get people who are deliberately driving dirty in S... it shouldn't happen.

There's no reason not to spread out the current FIA schedule to 4 nights a week.

What were they thinking with the weekly race change?

Obviously there are so many other changes that could be made to the game, but I wanted to keep it simple because the internet spends too much time demanding changes that are much more... ambitious... I wanted to delve deeper into things like Lobby settings and structure buuuut, i have no idea what the technical limitations are on lobbies sooo I'll not bother.

Every change I listed here I know is one that could be made with relatively minimal effort, and so was the original goal of the post so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now if only we could get some of this stuff... y'know in the game... :confused::lol:

I do like the idea of a mod, especially if it were to be for online purposes. To be able to improve characteristics of lobby racing.

About the economy.

They should just make it a more earn X amount of credits and XP for each time period spend when racing in the game.

There is no reason to make it overly complicated. Make it so people earn for example 0,6 million each hour spend racing in anymode. That would make it roughly 33 hours spend racing to be able to buy a 20 million car. And people could choose if they want to do Sportmode, Time trials, drift, League, lobby or what ever is their prefered mode and eveyone earns the same.

Maybe even give a small boost to sport mode so that was actually the most rewarding mode.

Get rid of the daily car lottery. Give people a small credit reward for driving in anymode. Its stupid I have more than 100 days logged in the game and I bought maybe 5 cars and still only have about 14 millions + a ton of duplicate cars. Really after spending + 100 days in the game I cant even buy just one of the most expensive cars ?

Its just purely luck if you will end up with a lot of nice cars, or keep getting the same cars day in and out. I wish it was more a rewards system for skill + time spend in the game rather than a lottery.

And yeah I know I could grind some boring Offline event, but really the AI is so bad and the races so boring that I have no words to describe it.

I know some may disagre, and I dont want it to turn into a rant thread, but it just saddens me that the PD team/Kaz cant see that a few simple changes could make the game so much better. Its like they just refuse to listen to idea's from their customers.

Also the fact that there is no real time trial mode with leaderboards / friends ghost and so on its just so bad.

Back