The mclaren6 Fantasy Patch

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 48 comments
United Kingdom
Sheffield
LewisBentley6
So I'm currently studying the Game Development side of Computer Science, and there's so many things in this game where I think "Wow, implementing this change would massively improve the game for an extremely small amount of development time, why hasn't PD done it yet?", so alas, its time to document some of this stuff.

Remember, the primary goal here is changes that are relatively low effort to develop whilst also completely preserving the current experience, you won't see anything current getting diluted or ruined, you won't be seeing any sweeping changes or new content. (No Spa basically :lol:) The goal is to improve the game for EVERY type of player.

You'll see some text in italics beneath each block of changes explaining the reasoning behind it.

ECONOMY CHANGES

• Added "+200% Daily Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Daily Races.
  • Added "+500% FIA Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in FIA Races. These now fill the Seasonal Event void that we are missing from previous GT games.
  • Added "+100% Custom Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Lobby Races and Custom Races.
  • Last place in any event now receives a hidden -90% base Reward reduction to counteract AFK Credit and Experience Farming. Every other position gets the full amount.
  • Rebalance VR Tour rewards so beating the 1v1 AI Opponent offers around 40,000 Credits and 300 XP, Losing rewards almost nothing.
  • All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset.
  • The Mileage Points lost at the Weekly Reset are converted to Credits at a 1 Mileage Point to 4 Credit Ratio. You see this when you log in for the first time after a weekly reset.
  • Recieving a 'Like' on shared content now awards 10XP.
  • Recieving a 'Repost' on shared content now awards 25XP.
  • You can no longer Like or Repost your own content.
  • Added FIA Season end Credit and Experience rewards. These rewards are based on your Primary Local Area Finishing Position.
  • Added 2,000,000 Credit + cars to the PlayStation Store, these cars cost £5.99 each (or regional equivalent)
  • Increase Credit Limit to 25,000,000

The goal of almost all these economy changes is to catch the vast majority of the games payouts up to that Blue Moon Premium Sports Lounge race that everyone grinds. Sport mode would have a much higher playerbase if it actually paid well (as evidenced by the amount of people willing to drive round an Oval for hours for Credits and XP) so we can re-incentivise people to play more engaging activities with a boost in payout. However, we don't want to nerf the Blue Moon race itself as there are genuinely people who enjoy it, and there's no better way to antagonise your entire community than nerfing a payout right after introducing Micro transactions, like god damn imagine the pitchforks...

The massive increase to FIA payout is because FIA races can only be done once, and only every few days, by jacking the payout up you essentially introduce them as GT Sports own Seasonal Event and increase participation in the series which is surely what PD wants.

With all the increased payouts we need to take some power out of people rubber banding their controllers, the last place change won't completely fix it, but it'll help. You can argue that it might damage weaker drivers earning, but they should be earning way more from all the other changes anyway. We want people to actually play the game, not band a controller and do something else :P

Offering small XP payouts to creators when people like or repost their stuff is a harmless change that they'll appreciate. Everyone wants to hit Level 50 at least some point in this lifetime... The small amount ensures it can't be abused.

Mileage Points are in a horrible place right now, they're almost pointless, my changes should actually make people want to earn them again and introduce some end game into having all the items.

People wanna buy the 20 mil cars with real cash, I say give em the option. It'd make PD money at the end of the day.

I don't like the idea of people stockpiling so much money that they can immediately thoughtlessly buy every car after an update without worrying about grinding it back up... But the Credit Limit shouldn't be exactly the same as the most expensive car in my opinion, a bit of overflow is nice. 25 mil is a reasonable middle ground.

BOP CHANGES

Gr.3

• Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car - Power Ratio -2%
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Audi R8 LMS - Power Ratio +1%
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Volkwagen Beetle Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Volkswagen GTI VGT Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
Gr.4
  • Renault Megane Trophy - Weight Reduction Ratio +3% and Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 - Power Ratio -1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Alfa Romeo 4C - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio +1%
  • Volkswagen Scirocco - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • McLaren 650S Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Aston Martin Vantage Gr.4 - Power Ratio +1%
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Honda NSX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Citroen GT Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Porsche Cayman Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Dodge Viper Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%

Group 1 has a wide variety of issues which honestly can't be categorised as a 'small change', so it'll be left out of this post.

Not much to say really, a bunch of changes which will bring Gr.3 and 4 cars much closer together on race pace, it won't be perfect, but it'll be a damn shot closer than it is right now.

Fuel Consumption Rate changes are based on fuel used per 100 litres.

SPORT MODE CHANGES

• Increased Driver Rating limit to 99,999
  • Changed the S DR requirement, is now 75,001 - 99,999 DR
  • Star Player is no longer represented by DR S, instead a small white star displays next to a Star Player's username wherever it is displayed.
  • Driver Rating Decay is in effect in DR S only. After a week of inactivity (not competing in Sport Mode), 100 DR a day will be lost down to a minimum of 75,000 DR
  • Added the A+ Sportsmanship Rating, the requirement is 80-89SR
  • S SR is now 90-99 SR.
  • Positive SR Movements are 50% slower
  • Negative SR Movements are 25% slower
  • FIA Nations Races are now on Tuesday and Friday, Manufacturer remains on Wednesday and Saturday.
  • Daily Races are now... Daily again... smh

Dead accounts being sat at 75,000 DR is a problem right now, these guys aren't even racing and they've secured themselves a free ticket to any future World Tour event by essentially NOT playing the game. 75,000 DR is also too easy to reach, I understand why a cap might be necessary though, so we'll just push it up by a lot and add Decay for the new DR range, problem solved without interfering with the current DR system in anyway.

If there's a DR matchmade Top 24 Superstars race where only 3 Brits can get in, but theres 10 Brits at 75,000DR, what then? I guess we'll find out Round 6 of this FIA season.

Star Player ruining the simplicity and intuitiveness of the ranking system was a silly move, the Star Icon should mend that rather than overriding everyone's true skill level with the currently meaningless DR S.

The S SR range is currently 80-99 SR, but 80-89 SR and 90-99 SR are separate matchmaking ranges, and people often get confused when they get matchmade into a 'bad lobby' even though "my SR was S!". Adding an A+ SR to cover that lower S range would make SR consistent with the DR ranking system and solve the confusion as S SR would cover the top matchmaking split ONLY.

Slowing down SR is a good move because its amazingly volatile right now, and quite simply too easy to gain. You get people who are deliberately driving dirty in S... it shouldn't happen.

There's no reason not to spread out the current FIA schedule to 4 nights a week.

What were they thinking with the weekly race change?

Obviously there are so many other changes that could be made to the game, but I wanted to keep it simple because the internet spends too much time demanding changes that are much more... ambitious... I wanted to delve deeper into things like Lobby settings and structure buuuut, i have no idea what the technical limitations are on lobbies sooo I'll not bother.

Every change I listed here I know is one that could be made with relatively minimal effort, and so was the original goal of the post so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now if only we could get some of this stuff... y'know in the game... :confused::lol:

All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset.
The Mileage Points lost at the Weekly Reset are converted to Credits at a 1 Mileage Point to 4 Credit Ratio. You see this when you log in for the first time after a weekly reset.

That is a truly horrific idea, & I absolutely hate it! I don't do nearly enough mileage in this game to be able to afford to get all the stuff I need, so having my points disappear every week would not be something I'd want. Give players the option to convert their mileage to credits, yes; but don't force it upon everyone.

Personally I'd like to see the mileage points system taken out of the game entirely (imho it's so stupid), & everything available to buy at a reasonable price.

All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset.

I would say this is bad as players early in the game need all the paints (7,500), wheels (1,600), special cars and pace cars (4,000) etc and the mileage needed and this gets expensive, increasing the chance of missing stuff that wont be back for months, some of it hasn't ever returned (yet).

Also I like to have a balance on hand for tuning cars to compete in GT League races, and the more expensive cars eat up mileage points. Sometimes you need them to detune a favourite car to use in a race.

Allowing people to trade MP for Cr is good but I prefer the idea of using MP as a discount or part payment towards cars instead of taking points that could be used for many things.

VBR
That is a truly horrific idea, & I absolutely hate it! I don't do nearly enough mileage in this game to be able to afford to get all the stuff I need, so having my points disappear every week would not be something I'd want. Give players the option to convert their mileage to credits, yes; but don't force it upon everyone.

Personally I'd like to see the mileage points system taken out of the game entirely (imho it's so stupid), & everything available to buy at a reasonable price.

I would say this is bad as players early in the game need all the paints (7,500), wheels (1,600), special cars and pace cars (4,000) etc and the mileage needed and this gets expensive, increasing the chance of missing stuff that wont be back for months, some of it hasn't ever returned (yet).

Also I like to have a balance on hand for tuning cars to compete in GT League races, and the more expensive cars eat up mileage points. Sometimes you need them to detune a favourite car to use in a race.

Allowing people to trade MP for Cr is good but I prefer the idea of using MP as a discount or part payment towards cars instead of taking points that could be used for many things.

Eh, maybe not then, but pretty much everyone I've ever seen who plays this game is absolutely swimming in them and at the 99,999 cap.

You need to ask yourself as well, realistically, if you aren't doing mileage, do you deserve things from the store that's meant to reward mileage? It'd be like saying "I deserve all the cars but don't race"

The Mileage Exchange should be something to keep players invested, its failing at that because its way too loose IMO.

You need to ask yourself as well, realistically, if you aren't doing mileage, do you deserve things from the store that's meant to reward mileage? It'd be like saying "I deserve all the cars but don't race"

That's a pretty strong opinion, & one I disagree with entirely. I bought the game, so I deserve all the content it comes with on the disc. I hate PD's model of locking stuff away & forcing players to grind for it. Most people hate grinding & unlocking stuff in racing games anyway, & those who don't are in the minority.

Also, the mileage exchange is updated fortnightly as regards cars, only the paints & rims etc are updated weekly.

I think if you are doing mileage, you deserve to be able to spend it how you like - why would you be against letting players have the choice, and what benefit do you forsee auto converting it to credits?
What happens when someone has max credits? They lose any MP?

VBR
That's a pretty strong opinion, & one I disagree with entirely. I bought the game, so I deserve all the content it comes with on the disc. I hate PD's model of locking stuff away & forcing players to grind for it. Most people hate grinding & unlocking stuff in racing games anyway, & those who don't are in the minority.

Also, the mileage exchange is updated fortnightly as regards cars, only the paints & rims etc are updated weekly.

If most people hated grinding and unlocking stuff in Racing games, I don't think the GT franchise would even be alive because its literally what the franchise has always been based around. People were complaining about the severe lack of investment value in GT Sport at day one, so agree to disagree on that one. :)

If most people hated grinding and unlocking stuff in Racing games, I don't think the GT franchise would even be alive because its literally what the franchise has always been based around. People were complaining about the severe lack of investment value in GT Sport at day one, so agree to disagree on that one. :)

I think your assumption is false, as many people will still buy a video game even if they don't like certain aspects of it. I've been buying GT games on Playstation since GT3, mainly because it's the only sim on the platform, & also in spite of the fact that I despise grinding & unlocking. I'm sure I'm not alone here....

It is a fact that most people hate grinding & unlocking in racing games, not a matter of opinion; I was of course referring to the Community Assisted Racing Simulator that 80,000 plus people signed up for, & where the majority expressed their strong opinion against it. Source.

The biggest design flaw in GT games imho is the lack of common sense options, & the way the game developer unnecessarily forces certain things on players (link). By forcing a mileage reset every week, you are essentially making the exact same mistake that PD keeps on making over & over again in their games. Whereas if you simply give people the option of converting them to credits, you'll keep everyone happy.

I can only say, I had to tune every car that I got to avoid that future mileage points are wasted because of 99.999 cap.

And this several times.

Miles_points.jpg

I think if you are doing mileage, you deserve to be able to spend it how you like - why would you be against letting players have the choice, and what benefit do you forsee auto converting it to credits?
What happens when someone has max credits? They lose any MP?

The issue its meant to tackle is you will run out of things to buy with MP long before you will with credits, Forcing a reset every week has 2 major benefits

1) Every week, if a casual player wants something for Mileage Points, they'll set themselves a goal to save up for it before it goes away, if they start on 0, this gives the player a reason to play the game, whilst right now (and I've done this many times) the Mileage Exchange updates, you open the menu, you press X a bunch of times and forget about it for a week. The clear intent was for the Mileage Exchange to be a progression system, its failing miserably at that right now, its in such a bad place as a progression system that just gutting it and making everything free isn't a bad call. BUT I'm trying to save it and make the stuff you buy and work towards at least somewhat meaningful again.

2) Having it convert weekly rather than on demand stops people abusing it for an obscene amount of credits, which is the exact reason it isn't a thing in the game right now. All you'd have to do was fire up the Tomahawk X on Blue Moon and all of a sudden you have an unlimited credit supply, lapping Blue Moon is the exact thing I'm trying to discourage without actively nerfing with these economy changes.

So yeah, either make all the special colours and rims free, add the exclusive cars to Brand Central and gut the Mileage Exchange entirely, or actually refine it into a meaningful progression system where you actually work towards things... either or, but its absolutely weak in its current state.

VBR
I think your assumption is false, as many people will still buy a video game even if they don't like certain aspects of it. I've been buying GT games on Playstation since GT3, mainly because it's the only sim on the platform, & also in spite of the fact that I despise grinding & unlocking. I'm sure I'm not alone here....

It is a fact that most people hate grinding & unlocking in racing games, not a matter of opinion; I was of course referring to the Community Assisted Racing Simulator that 80,000 plus people signed up for, & where the majority expressed their strong opinion against it. Source.

The biggest design flaw in GT games imho is the lack of common sense options, & the way the game developer unnecessarily forces certain things on players (link). By forcing a mileage reset every week, you are essentially making the exact same mistake that PD keeps on making over & over again in their games. Whereas if you simply give people the option of converting them to credits, you'll keep everyone happy.

GT4 is often hailed as the best GT game of all time, that's largely because of its amazing progression in GT Mode, again, agree to disagree with you on this matter. I for one hate when games give me nothing to earn or work towards.

Your proposed changes to the milage points system seems to be the most contentious issue. From my own experiences I wouldn't be in favour of resetting to zero every week. I've averaged over 1500km a week since launch and usually hover around 5k-20k MP. I think I've bought everything from the exchange but I've not upgraded that many cars.

I support increasing credit and exp payouts in all those areas, especially in Sport mode. In particular, FIA races and seasons deserve rewards that add some sense of achievement to match the exclusivity of only being able to enter a race once.

Equally so, the creators within the game deserve to be recognised. I like the livery editor and scapes solely because others put time and effort into those parts of the game. They add lots to my enjoyment of the game and should be rewarded for it.

The mileage points reset would be a very bad move indeed. Also killing the grinding techniques is not something I like. I understand the wish to produce incentives for people to actually play the game more, but the content just lacks variety way too much for grinding not to feel extremely repetitive and boring. It's not really the same than grinding in GT6 where you had seasonals, quick macthes changing regularly, a more extensive career mode and more tracks. What we currently have in GT Sport is Arcade, a limited career mode with rubberbanding AI and 3 weekly races. Remove all the things you dislike / are not interested in / not challenging enough, you're left with doing the same thing over and over and over. And don't forget something like 90% of people who bought the game did it for the solo and won't ever care for sport mode. Some bought the game to do lobbies with friends and have like a couple hours per week to invest in the game, those people really need quick or AFK grinding methods, otherwise they just won't be able to play with friends.

Only thing that would make the mileage points reset acceptable imo would be to have everything available to buy all the time, beacause right now having to wait a couple months to see that thing you want but missed because you were on vacation or something to pop back can be really frustrating. So just make everything available, and just have weekly sales on specific objects.

Also killing the grinding techniques is not something I like.

I didn't kill anything except going AFK which has no place in any game. If the best way to progress in a game is by not playing it, you have something deeply, deeply flawed on your hands.

In terms of everything being available in the Mileage Exchange, I like that, but you'd need to introduce new content into the Mileage Exchange with updates to stop it becoming irrelevant.

BOP CHANGES

Gr.3

• Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car - Power Ratio -2%
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - Power Ratio +1%
  • Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Audi R8 LMS - Power Ratio +1%
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Volkwagen Beetle Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Volkswagen GTI VGT Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
Gr.4
  • Renault Megane Trophy - Weight Reduction Ratio +3% and Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 - Power Ratio -1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • Alfa Romeo 4C - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio +1%
  • Volkswagen Scirocco - Power Ratio +1% and Weight Reduction Ratio -1%
  • McLaren 650S Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 - Weight Reduction Ratio -1% and Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Aston Martin Vantage Gr.4 - Power Ratio +1%
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Honda NSX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Citroen GT Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +6%
  • Porsche Cayman Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Subaru WRX Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -6%
  • Lexus RC F Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Dodge Viper Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%
  • Ferrari 458 Italia - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate -3%

Group 1 has a wide variety of issues which honestly can't be categorised as a 'small change', so it'll be left out of this post.

Not much to say really, a bunch of changes which will bring Gr.3 and 4 cars much closer together on race pace, it won't be perfect, but it'll be a damn shot closer than it is right now.

Fuel Consumption Rate changes are based on fuel used per 100 litres.
All of the Gr.3 changes you suggest are good.
Gr.4 Aston I would give the same change as you gave the corvette since its already fast in a straight line.
The Megane trophy needs a complete re-balance (15% more power, 20 % more weight and a massive downforce reduction.) and the Bugatti needs more than 1% changes to both power and weight.
Gr.1 needs to be split into 3 sub categories (Group C, LMP and VGT).

SPORT MODE CHANGES
  • Star Player is no longer represented by DR S, instead a small white star displays next to a Star Player's username wherever it is displayed.
  • Driver Rating Decay is in effect in DR S only. After a week of inactivity (not competing in Sport Mode), 100 DR a day will be lost down to a minimum of 75,000 DR
  • S SR is now 90-99 SR.
  • Negative SR Movements are 25% slower
  • FIA Nations Races are now on Tuesday and Friday, Manufacturer remains on Wednesday and Saturday.
  • Daily Races are now... Daily again... smh
SR needs a bit of an overhaul. For me there should be a score from 0-100 for each race (which should be shown after the race) where a clean race is 100 and point are taken away for off-tracks, contacts and DNFs, and it should take an average of these score from the last 25 races with more recent races being more heavily weighted. I've seen so many players with SR graphs that look like mountain ranges, when they should be tending to a certain value.

Also a very minor change, in the mileage exchange it would be nice if it showed if we owned the cars already. I think I have about 5 of each of the safety cars.

GT4 is often hailed as the best GT game of all time, that's largely because of its amazing progression in GT Mode, again, agree to disagree with you on this matter. I for one hate when games give me nothing to earn or work towards.

I respect your opinion that you prefer games that give you something to do like earning stuff etc, we all like to play games differently after all, & there's nothing wrong with that. And, you likewise need to respect the fact that not everybody wants to play the game like you do.

However, it's not a matter of opinion as to whether most people hate grinding & unlocks, it's a matter for fact. Therefore, to hold an opinion that's contrary to fact is asinine. You are in the minority, just accept that & move on.

By the way, GT4 was my least favourite game in the franchise (it was GT Sport but that has redeemed itself after the 1.23 tyre model update).

Last edited:
VBR
However, it's not a matter of opinion as to whether most people hate grinding & unlocks, it's a matter for fact, therefore to hold an opinion that's contrary to fact is asinine. You are in the minority, just accept that fact & move on.

I'm now not sure you know what an opinion is, but apparently its wrong to have a minority opinion now? Even though you have zero concrete proof its in the minority to begin with? You are seriously treading on the thin line of "I am right and everyone else is wrong". Something related to Project CARS with only a small 80,000 sample size doesn't 'prove' anything relating to what Gran Turismo fans want. Those are Project CARS fans, Those are hardcore racing simulator fans, GT is neither of those things.

Let me lay something out, I dislike Project CARS, many others also dislike Project CARS, therefore my opinion won't be included in that 80,000 because I have no interest in that game. Yes it was from 2011 before Project CARS even launched and turned out to be what it would be, but myself and many other casual GT fans at that time won't have our opinion voiced within that 80,000 because we weren't interested.

Again, your sample size was 80,000, GT Sports player count is 5,000,000+, so let me borrow your logic real fast. Minorities are apparently factually incorrect right? Well since your Source of 80,000 is the minority in this situation, I can just call it 'wrong' right? Any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

So once again, you have your opinion, you don't like progression, some others don't like it too, cool! Its a valid opinion! I respect that!

I have my opinion, I do like progression, some other people like it too, this is also a valid opinion.

I tried to say I respect your opinion twice now, and that we'll agree to disagree, I'm gonna try that again now. You aren't wrong, I'm not wrong. Different people have different opinions. Move on please.

And since I saw that last part before you edited it, I'll address that too real quick.

The only wrong way to play a game is to not play it. The only thing I mean by not playing it is going AFK and banding a controller, if people are resorting to that, its a sign that the game isn't rewarding enough, hence how I increased all the payouts for everything.

You said you liked online lobby racing? Cool, because I increased the payouts of that, not sure where you got the idea where I said that's 'not playing the game', same with driving for pleasure, if you are playing the game and having fun, you deserve to be rewarded by the games progression systems.

IMO they need to remove Reposting altogether. Or somehow restrict it. whenever I go to Activity Feed all I see is 100 Reposted junks from someone who isn't even a friend / follower of mine. All I want to do is like my friends' stuff and I can't. Unless I go to all of their profiles individually and I'm not going to do that.

I'm now not sure you know what an opinion is, but apparently its wrong to have a minority opinion now? Even though you have zero concrete proof its in the minority to begin with? You are seriously treading on the thin line of "I am right and everyone else is wrong". Something related to Project CARS with only a small 80,000 sample size doesn't 'prove' anything relating to what Gran Turismo fans want. Those are Project CARS fans, Those are hardcore racing simulator fans, GT is neither of those things.

Let me lay something out, I dislike Project CARS, many others also dislike Project CARS, therefore my opinion won't be included in that 80,000 because I have no interest in that game. Yes it was from 2011 before Project CARS even launched and turned out to be what it would be, but myself and many other casual GT fans at that time won't have our opinion voiced within that 80,000 because we weren't interested.

Again, your sample size was 80,000, GT Sports player count is 5,000,000+, so let me borrow your logic real fast. Minorities are apparently factually incorrect right? Well since your Source of 80,000 is the minority in this situation, I can just call it 'wrong' right? Any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

So once again, you have your opinion, you don't like progression, some others don't like it too, cool! Its a valid opinion! I respect that!

I have my opinion, I do like progression, some other people like it too, this is also a valid opinion.

I tried to say I respect your opinion twice now, and that we'll agree to disagree, I'm gonna try that again now. You aren't wrong, I'm not wrong. Different people have different opinions. Move on please.

And since I saw that last part before you edited it, I'll address that too real quick.

The only wrong way to play a game is to not play it. The only thing I mean by not playing it is going AFK and banding a controller, if people are resorting to that, its a sign that the game isn't rewarding enough, hence how I increased all the payouts for everything.

You said you liked online lobby racing? Cool, because I increased the payouts of that, not sure where you got the idea where I said that's 'not playing the game', same with driving for pleasure, if you are playing the game and having fun, you deserve to be rewarded by the games progression systems.

@mclarenLB - WOW! There's so much fallacy & false assumption in your post, I seriously don't know where to begin! Your reply shows that you have misunderstood much of what I was saying, & it seems you have taken things personally (things I didn't write or even imply). I suggest you re-read my posts here & compare it with what you wrote.

:rolleyes:

As for the part I edited out; I recognised that I had misunderstood something, so I removed it...

Last edited:
I didn't kill anything except going AFK which has no place in any game. If the best way to progress in a game is by not playing it, you have something deeply, deeply flawed on your hands.

Yeah, I can agree with that sense of progression, but I also think locking away content until you have spent countless hours doing the same thing doesn't help that progression more. Some other racing games offer a much better sense of progression while not even requiring you to buy cars. GT worked well in the past with buying cars, but this one was not thought around that and it shows.

In terms of everything being available in the Mileage Exchange, I like that, but you'd need to introduce new content into the Mileage Exchange with updates to stop it becoming irrelevant.

I agree with that, in its current state, the mileage exchange is of little interest. Create more helmets, suits, stickers, wheels, AI liveries, maybe even livery patterns you could customize (change the colours, numbers, etc), windshield banners, photographic / video filters...

Good to see a post with change requests like this rather than a ‘we want x track and x car’ type of thread

Pretty much agree with all your posts, mileage points is pointless in my opinion and should just be dumped unless they completely overhaul it...

Yeah, I can agree with that sense of progression, but I also think locking away content until you have spent countless hours doing the same thing doesn't help that progression more. Some other racing games offer a much better sense of progression while not even requiring you to buy cars. GT worked well in the past with buying cars, but this one was not thought around that and it shows.

I genuinely think if you offer a wider variety of well paying activities outside of that one Blue Moon race, it'd actually work in this game quite well though. That and on the variety point, bring back the damn daily races :lol:

Good to see a post with change requests like this rather than a ‘we want x track and x car’ type of thread

Pretty much agree with all your posts, mileage points is pointless in my opinion and should just be dumped unless they completely overhaul it...

Yeah its becoming a pretty popular opinion that Mileage Points are just a bit crap basically :lol:

• Added "+200% Daily Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Daily Races.
  • Added "+500% FIA Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in FIA Races. These now fill the Seasonal Event void that we are missing from previous GT games.
Absolutely fantastic idea!

Added "+100% Custom Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Lobby Races and Custom Races.

I disagree in this change as that goes against the previous change to get more players into sport mode.

Last place in any event now receives a hidden -90% base Reward reduction to counteract AFK Credit and Experience Farming. Every other position gets the full amount.

This just hurts last place drivers. Drivers that are AFK get kicked from daily races and don't receive any credit. Some people may use "auto drive" but removing this feature would stop that.

All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset. The Mileage Points lost at the Weekly Reset are converted to Credits at a 1 Mileage Point to 4 Credit Ratio. You see this when you log in for the first time after a weekly reset.

This idea is simply nonsensical.

Dodge Viper Gr.4 - Fuel Consumption Rate +3%

Burh, she is a gas guzzler as is. Nooooooooo.

• S SR is now 90-99 SR.
Fantastic changes! Would love to see :)

Negative SR Movements are 25% slower

Sr decreases should be easier (faster), not slower...

Burh, she is a gas guzzler as is. Nooooooooo.

She actually isn't, around average fuel for Group 4, but the Vipers pace is really strong, figured it makes sense to be a thirsty pacey car rather than hit it with a weight nerf.

As for slowing down Negative SR, Its easier to drop in relation to the Positive SR change, but SR as a whole really needs to be less volatile.

SR needs to be less volatile, but it also needs to have a much greater range. 99 is not enough, I would rather count it at least on 1000. But the main issue is gaining as much SR when you're all alone in front or in the back as when you're battling people. It's easy being clean when you dropped in a DR D lobby and you're 8 seconds a lap faster than the field. SR gain should be greatly reduced when there's no car less than a second or two around you, still give some for respecting track limits. Clean overtakes / defensive moves should be rewarded though. Also, new accounts should have something like 15 positioning races, at the end of which the game would assign you ranks accordingly to how well you did. Well, that's probably more work than allowed by the general idea of the thread though.

First off, I meant to say the majority of your suggestions are good, and that there is a fundamental problem of lack of content which restricting Mileage Points won't help with. Like you say:

The issue its meant to tackle is you will run out of things to buy with MP long before you will with credits

And I think the best way of solving it is with a carrot rather than a stick which you suggested here in reply to someone else

introduce new content into the Mileage Exchange with updates to stop it becoming irrelevant.

Agreed totally. If MP are converted to Credits, then it is only making one broken system prop up another when the problem is content.

I think the Credits are given out stingily only so that people have something to work for, so if all the races were paying out decent amounts with bonuses for FIA etc it wouldn't be long before all our garages would be full.

This game needs rewards if it's going to be rewarding.

Maybe this is a little off-topic, but since this thread is also about improving the game with little effort I have this thought:

What is the main reason holding people off from participating at sports mode?

Simple question, simple answer:
Beeing rammed off or facing other kind of unjustice by idiots.

PD tried so much, changed penalty system philosophy several times, to avoid this. But even since release the grid become more educated and experienced, the problem remains. Additionally, the higher your rank is the more you have to lose and less to gain. When I had A+ level (before I intentionally reseted it), I needed 3-5 good races to DR- recover from a bad move by an idiot in 1 race. Thats no fun.

And that leads for me to this conlusion:
The ghosting must be extremly increased. If there is a speed difference more than 10 km/h or whatever is the best, both cars get ghosted. If several cars are together in a hairpin -> ghosting. If somebody divebombs to use you as a turn-help -> ghosting and he flies out.

My oppinion is, with this change, the benefit (ending a race without beeing ruined) is worth the loss of not having a 100% realistic race

First off, before I get to anything, I wanted to commend you for a very thorough post. More like this, please. 👍

Now, to the suggestions:

ECONOMY CHANGES

• Added "+100% Custom Race Bonus" to Credit and Experience rewards in Lobby Races and Custom Races.

Solid. It's slightly ridiculous that there's no real incentive to play Sport Mode in terms of game progression.

• Last place in any event now receives a hidden -90% base Reward reduction to counteract AFK Credit and Experience Farming. Every other position gets the full amount.

Punishing players for not playing a certain way. Fixing the economy to make grinding less necessary is preferable.

• All Players Mileage Points now reset to 0 alongside the Mileage Exchange weekly reset.
  • The Mileage Points lost at the Weekly Reset are converted to Credits at a 1 Mileage Point to 4 Credit Ratio. You see this when you log in for the first time after a weekly reset.

The worst idea in the list. You mention that people run out of things to buy and max out their MP, but it's safe to say you're talking mostly of other "power" users like yourself, ones that play far, far more than the average.

What the proposed idea would do, at least IMO, would be to further alienate casuals. I don't believe it would function as the carrot you seem to suggest, anyway: if players need to drive hundreds of miles every week to afford even the new paints, they'll just not play. You're encouraging a grind, not discouraging one.

I agree that content is an issue in the ME. But this doesn't solve that. I've logged something like 14,000 miles in GT Sport since before launch (which probably puts me in the top <8% or so of players in terms of distance) and I certainly haven't bought every single thing in the ME. Your later response:

You are doing mileage, though. You're just not doing the mileage that particular week.

• Recieving a 'Like' on shared content now awards 10XP.
  • Recieving a 'Repost' on shared content now awards 25XP.

Good idea. Forza has long had credit bonuses for when people use, like, or download your liveries (as well as tunes). Incentivizing these things is great! I'd even be fine with reposting still being an option for your own work, so long as there was no XP tied to it.

• Added FIA Season end Credit and Experience rewards. These rewards are based on your Primary Local Area Finishing Position.
  • Added 2,000,000 Credit + cars to the PlayStation Store, these cars cost £5.99 each (or regional equivalent)
  • Increase Credit Limit to 25,000,000

Yep. The idea of one car costing something approaching $10CAD is laughable to me personally (doubly so since the expensive cars are so useless in terms of the game's main purpose), but considering the relatively benign MT implementation currently, PD might as well add all cars.

I don't like the idea of people stockpiling so much money that they can immediately thoughtlessly buy every car after an update without worrying about grinding it back up... But the Credit Limit shouldn't be exactly the same as the most expensive car in my opinion, a bit of overflow is nice. 25 mil is a reasonable middle ground.

...but why don't you like it?

I mean, if somebody wants to put a ton of time into a game prior to an update so that they can afford the cars as soon as they're available, as opposed to after the cars are in-game, what difference does it make?

And GT Sport simply can't do the same progression model as GT4. The game is largely built around class-based racing, and the GT League that was shoved in post-launch is a basic checklist in comparison to what came before.

The main problem IMO is a broken economy that largely forces grinding. I shouldn't have to run a repetitive oval race for over a dozen hours (at least) to afford a single car — especially when the cheapest 190+ cars can be bought for the same amount of credits. Shrink the spread on car costs and you could make it less of a daunting proposition for newcomers to eventually "catch up" to veterans in terms of their garage.

First off, before I get to anything, I wanted to commend you for a very thorough post. More like this, please. 👍

Now, to the suggestions:

Solid. It's slightly ridiculous that there's no real incentive to play Sport Mode in terms of game progression.

Punishing players for not playing a certain way. Fixing the economy to make grinding less necessary is preferable.

The worst idea in the list. You mention that people run out of things to buy and max out their MP, but it's safe to say you're talking mostly of other "power" users like yourself, ones that play far, far more than the average.

What the proposed idea would do, at least IMO, would be to further alienate casuals. I don't believe it would function as the carrot you seem to suggest, anyway: if players need to drive hundreds of miles every week to afford even the new paints, they'll just not play. You're encouraging a grind, not discouraging one.

I agree that content is an issue in the ME. But this doesn't solve that. I've logged something like 14,000 miles in GT Sport since before launch (which probably puts me in the top <8% or so of players in terms of distance) and I certainly haven't bought every single thing in the ME. Your later response:

You are doing mileage, though. You're just not doing the mileage that particular week.

Good idea. Forza has long had credit bonuses for when people use, like, or download your liveries (as well as tunes). Incentivizing these things is great! I'd even be fine with reposting still being an option for your own work, so long as there was no XP tied to it.

Yep. The idea of one car costing something approaching $10CAD is laughable to me personally (doubly so since the expensive cars are so useless in terms of the game's main purpose), but considering the relatively benign MT implementation currently, PD might as well add all cars.

...but why don't you like it?

I mean, if somebody wants to put a ton of time into a game prior to an update so that they can afford the cars as soon as they're available, as opposed to after the cars are in-game, what difference does it make?

And GT Sport simply can't do the same progression model as GT4. The game is largely built around class-based racing, and the GT League that was shoved in post-launch is a basic checklist in comparison to what came before.

The main problem IMO is a broken economy that largely forces grinding. I shouldn't have to run a repetitive oval race for over a dozen hours (at least) to afford a single car — especially when the cheapest 190+ cars can be bought for the same amount of credits. Shrink the spread on car costs and you could make it less of a daunting proposition for newcomers to eventually "catch up" to veterans in terms of their garage.

Thanks for the review, Just about the credit limit and the mileage point thing quickly, I think I have this all figured out now. I play quite a few games in other genres which have a relatively low credit limit or a currency reset to force players to continually spend it or hit the cap, and what this does is a really good job of getting players to come in and play the game when new content rolls in.

I think what this sort of system is, is something that will continually get players to come back and play, but a system that the players don't necessarily like having in place as it can be seen as an annoyance.

So I think there are 2 sides to this coin, you can look at it from a games design perspective, looking at subtle ways you can bring players back to play your game continually, and a currency limit or reset is a way you can do that, its not annoying enough to make a player quit, but if the carrot is big enough at the end of the stick they'll grind it out anyway for the reward and ultimately be happy.

Then you've got the perspective of looking at it as a player, which is essentially "This credit limit is really annoying, I want to save more for the new update but I can't", players might be happier initially without any limits or resets in place but I'm not actually sure each individual player would stick around as long after an update, because they won't have as much of a reason to. That leaves a question mark whether it is actually better for the games life or not.

So which solution is better? I really don't think there's a wrong answer there, but obviously what I've seen from the replies to this thread is players feel as though the Mileage Point reset is having something taken away from them, and the conversion to credits isn't enough to compensate for that, but the side I see is providing an additional opportunity to add longevity to the game.

Really interesting discussion that I'm glad has taken place, I just hope everyone does see that this argument does have a second side to it. Obviously there are better ways you could implement a change to Mileage Points, but I still think the current state they are in right now is kind of the worst of both worlds, they aren't really satisfying for players and they don't add any longevity at all really, so maybe it just needs better carrots :)

Latest Posts

Back