The missing feature that will soon become important

• Thread starter JayOTT
  • 43 comments
Let's say they turn the servers off next week, i reckon what will happen is an update will be released which allows for saving locally, if the servers aren't there to be used, then im sure this will be the solution.

Let's say they turn the servers off next week, i reckon what will happen is an update will be released which allows for saving locally, if the servers aren't there to be used, then im sure this will be the solution.
If only Sportmode and public/private lobbys would be online features, then i would say yes. But the game is so complex and "online" is even there where you don't expect it. To deconstruct the game and transfer it to an offline game will cost time, money and a lot of effort. If PD is willing to do that (if it's possible at all) is the big question.

That is the thing when you said I don't bother others, but some will bother others that play online and destroy racing with hacks.

You can’t even hack on a PS4 so I don’t know where this narrative came from

Would it not be worth it for Sony to maintain a server for GT Sport funded by PS+ subscription?

And continue with the same deal as now, PS+ needed for online play but not necessary for offline. Extend the game life 3-5 years while people transition to the new game.

At the end, when there are no more updates save the data, livery, records on the Hard Drive.

Depends how many people still play the old game and are willing to pay for PS+ just to play the old game. I bet they use something like Amazon Web Servers to run the online part. These aren’t free. Also, cutting off the servers will encourage people to buy the new game, which would make PD money. I don’t think we should get our hopes up about the servers staying online for long after the new game is out.

GT Sport is one of those things that is fun while it lasts. Kind of like an amusement park ride. Eventually it ends, but unlike aforementioned ride, this ride is one you can't buy another ticket for.

I'll be angry when the servers end, but I also expect it given PD's history.

I would assume that all cars in GT Sport will be in the next GT game. I'd also assume that the next GT game will have a livery editor. As little faith as I have in PD to ever do anything sensible or logical, deleting several years' worth of community content creation when it can still be used seems a bit foolish. I don't know the logistics of how the process would work, but I'd assume if the game uses the same assets them some of them would be able to be moved forward. I suppose it would depend on how drastic the graphical changes are for the next game.

At the very least, I'd hope they'd offer the chance to download saved photos and replays to the hard drive. I don't see why they couldn't, even if only for a limited time.

This is exactly the point. Anyone hoping for PD to do something decent is S.o.o.L.

If they shutdown the servers they will provide a patch for the offline save.

If they didn't they would run into trouble with the paid DLC content.

Who knows PD might let us use the DLC from GT Sport for the next new game in there is no offline save.

Hopefully, otherwise it will cause an outrage amongst the community or something like that.

Back