The Missing Link - Some Hints About The Sequel (Part 2)

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
Hi guys! This is the third installment and it's the sequel of The White Wind. As you have seen from that story, a mysterious character called The Black Stig briefly appeared in the plot. This book focuses on this mysterious character and as the story progresses, you get to know who he really is, what are his intentions, his origins, and as well some other mysteries surrounding him. Sadly, this might be the last book I'll write because of my hectic schedule in college. But maybe I can still come up with another book.

Anyways, enjoy reading!

============================================================

Page 1: Enter The Black Stig!

Grains of cooked rice are being poured over at the mochi making machine that turns them into a mold in which it is ready to be prepared as mochi. It is Takanori's mother doing that strenuous work despite her old age. At the shop, Makoto enters and she is surprised to see a new employee that works as the cashier. Takanori's mother steps out from the kitchen to put the finished products on display, ready to be consumed.

Makoto: "Oh hi there, Ms. Kanonji!"

Takanori's mother: "Oh good morning, Ms. Kurosawa! I have hired an extra help for the shop! No need to come over here and help me out. I want to thank you for all the help you gave me all this time. You must enjoy the weekends!"

Makoto: "You're welcome. But if you need help in making Mochi, I'm just a call away!"

Takanori's mother: "You really are a sweet girl. No wonder Takanori easily befriended you."

Makoto: "Yes..."

Takanori's mother: "Is something wrong, sweetie?"

Makoto: "Oh.. I'm okay. Hey, my friends are coming over here to try out your delicious Mochi!"

Takanori's mother: "Oh that's great! Thank you very much! I wish I had a daughter like you!"

Makoto giggles and then her friends finally enter the shop.

=========================================================

At Tsukuba Circuit, a silver Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 tears up the track.

7401309466_4bfec5f3f7_c.jpg

7401260584_67733337de_c.jpg

With aftermarket parts, it's obvious that it's been beefed up in every way. It corners much better and accelerates even faster. The car's weight has decreased significantly.

7401264002_7ec10ff51c_c.jpg

7401342108_638e4a68b7_c.jpg

It goes around the circuit in just 56 seconds using just sports tires.

==========================================================

At a five-star hotel in Tokyo, Takanori has just finished having a bath. He gets out of the bathroom and takes a look of himself at the mirror. He has improved his physique as he has gotten more muscular. He touches his scar on his left cheek.

Takanori: "I guess scars take very long to heal."

Ben is just reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. He stands up and then turns on the television.

Ben: "I guess so. But, you've gotten better than ever, at least."

Takanori: "I'm not sure what will happen if I show up to Mom later on."

Ben: "The sooner you do it, the better. If you are ready in any race, then you should also be ready in things like this."

Takanori: "You're right. I miss Mom so much... I want to help her out in making Mochi again."

Ben: "That's what I want to hear, chap."

Takanori: "I'm kinda hungry. I'll check out the breakfast buffet downstairs."

Ben: "Sure. I'll also take a bath and then go there as well. You go eat ahead."

After dressing up, Takanori gets out of the hotel room and heads down to the restaurant.

==========================================================

Then at sunset, the Corvette arrives at Takanori's neighborhood. Coming out of the car is none other than The Black Stig.

7401277634_32f76a957b_c.jpg

Black Stig: "This is my second time to visit this place..."

When he walks around, he sees a cat seemingly waiting for its owner. He stops and stares at it. The cat turns out to be Takanori's pet.

7401262170_5c4130e6ea_c.jpg

The cat's name is Nana-chan. Seeing that it is hungry, Black Stig gets some biscuits from the car and feeds the cat.

7401522888_7e17d7a4e6_c.jpg

The cat gives a stare at Black Stig first, but decides to eat the pieces of biscuits that he gave.

While the cat is eating, Black Stig moves on and then notices that there is a long line at the Kanonji Mochi-ya. He takes a good look at them.

Black Stig: "So they own a successful Mochi shop, huh? Hmmm.... I haven't tasted Mochi yet."

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Page 2: An Old Friend

After school, Makoto still helps out Takanori's mother as usual at the store. She takes a break and sits down reading the newspaper.

Takanori's mother: "Ms. Kurosawa, I have made some mochi that your father can try out. Here."

She hands over a box that contains a dozen mochi.

Makoto: "Thank you very much, Ms. Kanonji!"

Suddenly, a yellow Lamborghini Miura arrives. Makoto takes a look at the car outside.

Makoto: "Wow, a very nice classic!"

7406754146_12d0d0fb69_c.jpg

Stepping out of the car is a man in his 20s having a short yellow hair wearing a brown trench coat. Makoto is surprised to see him.

Makoto: "Matsumoto?"

As Matsumoto enters the shop, he is also surprised to see Makoto. The man's full name is Matsumoto Davis. He is a Japanese-American born in Japan, but spent most of his life in the U.S. He is Makoto's childhood friend, and they have parted ways in their elementary years.

Matsumoto: "Makoto? Is that you?"

Makoto: "Matsumoto? It's been a while! How's U.S.?"

Matsumoto: "Well, things have gone down a bit stressful for me there. That's why I am here, to take a break for a while."

Takanori's mother comes out.

Takanori's mother: "Oh, is he your friend too? I'll give him a special discount too!"

Makoto: "Matsumoto, the mochi here is the best! Try some!"

Matsumoto: "Sure. After all, I've known this shop from the internet."

Takanori's mother goes back in to prepare mochi for Matsumoto. Then, the two join in the table.

Matsumoto: "Looking beautiful there, Makoto."

Makoto: "Oh, stop it, you. You used to call me an ugly pig when we were kids."

Matsumoto: "Hehehe. I've been going here back and forth for my father's business."

Makoto: "Your father, how is he? He is such a very gentle man. What's his business?"

Matsumoto: "We own a bed company. I am actually struggling to find investors here."

Makoto: "Don't worry. I'm sure your pep talk can woo your investors."

Then Takanori's mother finally gives Matsumoto a box filled with a dozen chocolate flavored mochi.

Matsumoto: "Oh thank you very much!"

Takanori's mother: "Since you are Makoto's friend, you deserve that and a special discount!"

Matsumoto pays for the mochi. After that, he stands up.

Matsumoto: "Well, I have to go. Hey, can we meet up after school tomorrow? Let's hang out for a while. We have a lot to catch up."

Makoto: "Oh sure! Meet me at the high school just a few blocks away from here."

Then Matsumoto bids farewell and gets back to the car and leaves the place.

===============================================================================

The next day, Matsumoto picks up Makoto in school. They head over to the outskirts of Tokyo.

Matsumoto: "It's been two years since I haven't driven Dad's Miura. Well, time to stretch her legs, then."

Makoto: "There is a mountain pass nearby. I'll give you directions."

After a while, they have reached in a mountain pass. Matsumoto floors the throttle. Then he controls the accelerator as the car passes through the corner. He also puts in some effort in the steering.

7406754470_a661fefe00_c.jpg

Matsumoto: "Lamborghinis like this can be handful. I almost crashed this, actually. And this made my Dad rather upset."

7406755048_1cd9aa3453_c.jpg

Then at the next corner, the Miura suddenly swings its tail. Matsumoto catches it with countersteer.

7406755410_5f2c4e91fd_c.jpg

Matsumoto: "Woah, that was close!"

7406755718_56368c1c9f_c.jpg

Matsumoto: "You know, I feel like the man driving the red Miura in the original Italian Job movie whenever I drive this one."

Then he sees Makoto's gloomy face.

Matsumoto: "Is something wrong?"

Makoto: "It's nothing..."

Matsumoto: "Your face tells me that there is. Come on, you can tell me everything, don't worry. I'm here as your best friend."

7406753730_f3f6a8ec8e_c.jpg

Makoto: "Sigh... I just miss someone."

Matsumoto: "Really? Who is that person?"

Makoto: "He's also my close friend. I met him over a year ago. He died recently in a tragic accident. We were so close then. I even have restarted his dreams as a pro racer. He won every single race he joined. The last time I saw him was when we parted ways... and then he died just as he is in the height of his career. I already had feelings for him and they grew each time we spend time together. Now, all I can do is just look at this necklace everyday. I really love him so much, and I haven't told him that."

Matsumoto: "I'm sorry to hear that. But you know, I'm sure he'll be happy if you have moved on."

Makoto: "..."

Matsumoto: "Hey, how about I treat you for dinner later? That might cheer you up."

===============================================================================

Ben visits Kaido's tuning shop in Tokyo. Kaido is working on a customer car, and then Ben surprises him.

Kaido: "Woah! I didn't know that you're here in Tokyo! So, how's your team?"

Ben: "Getting better."

Kaido: "How about Takanori's mother? Is she okay?"

Ben: "I haven't checked on her yet. But I'm sure she is fine and she has moved on."

Kaido: "She's really alone, huh? Anyways, what are you here for?"

Ben: "You're done restoring her, right?"

Kaido: "You actually gave me a lot of trouble restoring her. I'm not really into restoring work, you know!? But now, she's like fresh from the factory floor."

The two go at the other side of the shop. Then they take a look at Ben's restored black Lamborghini Countach LP400.

Kaido: "She's really beautiful. You lucky bastard, you get to own one of these."

Ben: "I bought it from a Japanese businessman."

Kaido: "So, when are you taking her out?"

Ben: "Tomorrow morning at Suzuka. There will be an open track day."

Kaido: "I see. I'll be coming over too. I'm excited to see this car dance."

Ben: "Okay. Well, I'll pick her up now. I gotta go."

Kaido gets the keys from the drawer and gives them to Ben. Ben gets in the car and starts it up. The carbureted V12 engine roars loudly as Ben revs the car.

Ben: "She's such a beast. Takanori will like this..."

Kaido: "What? What did you just say?"

Ben: "Oh nothing. I have to go. Bye!"

Ben closes the scissor door and then he leaves the shop.

End of Page 2

Page 3: The Mighty LP400

Matsumoto and Makoto have returned to Tokyo by evening, and decided to eat in a restaurant in Ginza.

Makoto: "This place serves the best sukiyaki ever!"

Matsumoto: "I did prepare a sukiyaki back home, but it turned awry."

Makoto: "Awww..."

Matsumoto: "Hey, you became happy in an instant."

Makoto: "I guess you being with me just takes me back to our childhood days. You always make me laugh..."

Matsumoto: "You know, I feel the same way too."

Makoto: "Thank you for being here today. I just need someone to talk to..."

Matsumoto: "That's what friends are for, right?"

Then the waiter finally serves the raw ingredients for the sukiyaki. Then the two start cooking them at the hot pot at the middle of the table.

Makoto: "I'll teach you how to cook a PROPER sukiyaki."

The next morning, Ben and Takanori have arrived at the Suzuka Circuit with the restored Countach LP400. Takanori takes a look at the car.

Takanori: "I remembered driving something like this."

Ben: "Is it your father's 25TH Anniversary?"

Takanori: "Uh... yes. Right."

Ben: "Good, I think your memories are starting to come back. Though let me warn you, the LP400 drives very differently from your old man's 25th Anniversary."

Takanori: "Yeah, look at those narrow tires!"

Ben: "They're expensive too. So be careful using their grip."

Takanori opens up the scissor door at the driver side of the car. He hops in, presses his left foot at the clutch, and then puts the gear in neutral. He twists the key and then the V12 engine roars to life.

Takanori: "When I was a kid, Dad once said that he is addicted to the sound of the carburetor. Now I understand why."

Then he wears only his white Simpson helmet and closes the door.

After heading out to the pits and doing a warm up lap, Takanori joins in the fray of other supercars trying to set lap times.

A Murcielago SV creeps up behind him since it has significantly more power than the LP400.

7407353810_7c0f7a4790_c.jpg

Just as the Murcielago is about to overtake the LP400, it brakes just as they are approaching the first corner. However, Takanori takes advantage of the LP400's lightness and brakes later, holding his position.

7407354494_f93b550251_c.jpg

Back at the pits, Kaido arrives.

Kaido: "Huh? Where's the LP400?"

Ben: "Racing right now."

Kaido: "Oh nuts, I blame Tokyo's rush-hour traffic!"

Ben: "Don't worry, you'll see her."

The LP400 passes multiple cars in just one sweep at the corner.

7407354814_ebf88d7d1a_c.jpg

It locks on behind a Ford GT.

7407355180_7d235b196f_c.jpg

Takanori: "I think this is faster than my Dad's Countach. It feels light. The steering gets lighter when I'm on the move. Though I have to work on the steering because this car is a bit tail happy thanks to its narrow tires."

Despite this setback, he catches up with the GT By Citroen.

7407358800_f7ed33b4f8_c.jpg

Then at a mid-speed corner, the LP400 creeps up behind the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR. But the Viper's power manages to set the gap from the LP400.

7407357098_2a8d0b8bcb_c.jpg

But Takanori brakes late again and manages to squeeze through the Viper and sets his eyes on the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

7407359734_ae5533b87c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Yeah, that SLR has a lot of power. But you can't win on power alone, McMerc!"

Another late braking stunt lets the LP400 overtake the SLR McLaren just before turning at the hairpin.

7407359106_817ceaf240_c.jpg

Then another three supercars are on his sights.

7407360424_b3e640a280_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just manage the steering and the throttle properly, and I'll be fine..."

On the straight, the three supercars are obviously pulling away from him.

7407360762_fa3644db94_c.jpg

Takanori: "What is power if you can't manage it right?"

Then he overtakes the NSX-R LM Concept Car.

7407361958_790d8d1003_c.jpg

Then the LP400 catches up with the remaining two supercars at the chicane just before the main straight.

7407364142_51b6b68371_c.jpg

Takanori: "Who says I'm not familiar with Suzuka? I blazed through here with Dad's precious R32!"

At the main straight, the Ferrari Enzo obviously paces away from the LP400. Even the Ford GT behind him is drafting.

7407368570_4383c65fa4_c.jpg

At the pits, Kaido sees the LP400 chasing the Enzo.

Kaido: "Woah... the LP400 is just stock, and yet it can chase the Enzo."

Ben: "He actually started at the middle at the pack consisting of higher powered supercars and hypercars. That Enzo is leading the bunch. It's just an open track day, yet the LP400 treats it as a race."

Kaido: "Who's driving?"

Ben: "You'll find out, chap."

Kaido: "There you go again, you and your surprises."

Then the LP400 catches up and finally overtakes the Enzo at the first corner.

Takanori: "Seesh, what is it with you, Enzo? I thought you're a benchmark? Too scared to step on the throttle? Oh wait, you can't turn off the traction control or else you'll risk losing your warranty!"

7407369552_960a1659be_c.jpg

The LP400 spreads its gap further at the corners, demonstrating the advantages of being a lightweight.

Takanori: "The LP400 weighs just 1,065 kilograms. This is not just a 300 KM/H monster! The mid-engined layout, coupled with its light body is what makes this a supercar even in today's standards!"

7407374980_b8171b3252_c.jpg

7407369944_55b776730b_c.jpg

Takanori lets the LP400 drift at the hairpin.

7407375598_9cf4c95001_c.jpg

Takanori: "Terror is what defines a Lamborghini... Whoops, I forgot. The tires are expensive."

Then it blasts away at the straight after the Spoon Corner.

7407353414_bcd3e87318_c.jpg

Then it returns to the pits. Takanori steps out of the car.

Kaido: "Is he your driver?"

Ben: "Yes."

Kaido: "He has The Stig's helmet."

Then Takanori takes off his helmet. Kaido gasps in shock.

Kaido: "Ta... Takanori!?"

Ben: "Yep. He's alive and well."

Kaido taps Takanori multiple times.

Kaido: "You're not a ghost, right? Then you're alive! But how!?"

Ben: "It's a long story."

Takanori: "How's the R32, Kaido-san?"

Kaido: "It's.... I am maintaining your father's R32. It's fresh as a daisy always."

Takanori: "Glad to hear it. I'm actually eager to go home and see my mother."

Kaido: "You should. You have to ease her loneliness."

Takanori: "Is that so..."

Then Ben proceeds to check on the LP400.

At the mochi shop, Makoto is helping out the cashier at replenishing the stocks of mochi. Then suddenly, Black Stig enters the shop.

Makoto: "Black Stig?"

Black Stig: "That's right. How do you know me?"

Makoto: "I watched every episode of Top Gear there is. I even have videotapes of the episodes from 1977."

Black Stig: "What a huge fan."

Makoto: "I am. So what do you want?"

Black Stig: "I'll take a dozen of your Green Tea Mochi."

Makoto: "Coming right up."

After a few minutes of waiting, he pays for what he ordered and steps out from the shop after receiving the box of mochi.

Makoto: "That's odd. We got the White Stig and the Black Stig as customers."

End of Page 3

Page 4: Finally Home

At sunset, Makoto comes out from the mochi shop and heads out to the main road. After she gets in a luxury sedan and leaves, a white van containing Takanori and Ben enters to the street and stops in front of Takanori's home.

Takanori takes a deep breath and exhales.

Ben: "You ready for this?"

Takanori: "Well, now I'm home. I might give Mom a heart attack."

Ben: "You must do it. After all, you did promise to come back here, right?"

Takanori: "Yeah..."

The two get out of the van and Takanori's hand shakes as he slowly reaches for the door. He presses the doorbell.

Then Takanori's mother opens the door. She is totally shocked seeing her son whom she all thought was gone.

Takanori's mother: "Ta... Takanori!?"

Takanori: "I'm home, Mom."

The mother and son hugged each other. Both of them are crying.

Takanori's mother: "I thought you are gone! My goodness, my beloved son is back!"

Takanori: "I miss you so much, Mom! I'm very sorry that I made you so sad."

Takanori's mother: "It's okay. The most important thing is that you're alive and well."

Then the three get in the house. Ben is happy for them.

Ben: "Things like this will make your heart melt."

Then they go upstairs to his room. He sees that it's perfectly in order. But he sees a bucket seat with a gaming steering wheel and pedals.

Takanori: "Huh? I've never seen that before."

Takanori's mother: "Oh, Makoto have bought that for you. Ever since you were gone, she used that in order to play your racing game. Sometimes, I even see her crying as she plays along. She even takes off the dust from your things and arranges them in order."

Takanori: "Makoto? Who is she?"

Takanori's mother: "Your close friend, right? She always helps me out here after school."

Takanori: "I... haven't met a person named Makoto."

Ben: "Ms. Kanonji, can we go downstairs? I have something to tell you about your son."

So the two go downstairs while Takanori unpacks his luggage in his room.

Hearing about Takanori's condition from Ben, the mother becomes distraught and worried.

Takanori's mother: "Oh dear, what shall we do?"

Ben: "Since he is on a break from racing, this is the perfect opportunity to regain his memories. I suggest that he and Makoto should see each other often."

Takanori's mother: "That's right. But she hasn't learned about it yet, and I don't think she even has moved on yet."

Ben slurps the hot green tea.

At late in the evening, Black Stig takes out his Pagani Zonda R at the Shuto Expressway for a top speed run.

7413955508_da5ce4642a_c.jpg

7413955926_15557587ff_c.jpg

Black Stig: "Astonishing.... simply astonishing! I love each and every Zonda model that graced out from the Pagani factory. Even the Ferrari FXX is no match for this..."

7413956234_0730165f26_c.jpg

The Zonda R's 750 horsepower 6 liter V12 engine propels the car to 355 KM/H.

7413961300_67c5b4c7df_c.jpg

7413954210_494143ed1e_c.jpg

Black Stig: "I shall challenge Takanori's R32 with this Zonda R! Takanori Kanonji, are you ready? And are you also ready...

...for the greatest surprise of your life?"

7413922732_6a3d1042f5_c.jpg

The Zonda R's loud and heavenly exhaust roar echoes throughout the tunnel.

Just before he's going to sleep, he checks his closet to look for sleep clothes he can wear for the night. Then suddenly, he sees a dusty chest box in the cabinet and takes it out.

He blows away some dust and the padlock is broken. He opens the box and sees plenty of baby clothes that are two of each kind.

Takanori: "Huh? Why there are two of each kind? That's odd..."

Then he also sees two infant-sized bracelets and even two pairs of shoes of the same kind.

Takanori: "Mom usually buys different kinds of clothes for me."

Then after dressing up, he puts the chest box back inside the closet and he hops on the bed.

End of Page 4

Last edited:
Diogo G.
Okay , I already got that ...

Just asking, have you read the first and second books? The R32 I'm talking about is the Skyline GT-R R32 TC that appeared in the first book.

Just look for the title: "My Story I'm Writing On..." at the Race Reports section. It's the first book.

Page 5: A Long-Lost Member?

Takanori wakes up early and then changes clothes. He puts on a sweatshirt, jogging pants and rubber shoes and then heads out. He is jogging around the area and then passes by at the school's gates.

At the classroom, one of Takanori's classmates sees him and then quickly stands up to wake up Makoto who sleeps while waiting for their teacher to come.

Student: "Hey, I just saw Takanori!"

Makoto: "W-What? Maybe it's someone who looks like him."

Then he drags her to the window and then she sees no one passing by the gates.

Makoto: "Are you kidding me? I need some more sleep. I slept really late last night."

She gets back to her seat and continues to sleep.

Back home, Takanori's mother cleans up her son's room. She sees the chest box out from the cabinet.

Takanori's mother: "Huh? How did it get here? Hmmmm.... Takanori must have found it somewhere."

She proceeds to take the box away and puts it in the attic. Then she goes downstairs to open the shop.

Takanori returns home. His mother prepared him miso soup and natto for breakfast.

Takanori's mother: "I'm sure you missed this dish so much."

Takanori: "Yeah. I'm so much eager to eat them again! Thanks, mom!"

He sits down and eats his breakfast. Then the mother goes back to the shop.

Takanori's mother: "I'm sure my husband have intentionally transferred that box for Takanori to see. The past does not matter now..."

Makoto takes off from school early using a made-up excuse. She immediately goes home and gets in her matte pink Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce and goes out again. She heads to Fuji Speedway to test the car's abilities.

Upon arriving, she immediately enters the track and goes on full throttle.

7418994714_1c508cde4a_c.jpg

The car shows blistering acceleration at the main straight.

7418995024_5459d92849_c.jpg

7418995198_289c713383_c.jpg

It managed to reach 290 KM/H before she applies the brakes.

She is remembering the techniques that Takanori taught to her. She manages her Lamborghini to clip the apex.

7418995388_8d4b04725c_c.jpg

Makoto: "How I wish you're here with me, teaching me your cornering techniques..."

7418995880_8c4f71cac1_c.jpg

Then at the hairpin, she misses the apex once again.

7418995612_c0def90a28_c.jpg

Makoto: "Shoot! I missed that one again. What should I do, Takanori?"

Then she slams the brake pedal just as the car approaches the next corner. She turns in early and the car touches the apex once again.

7418996072_e42e90a0f4_c.jpg

Makoto: "I must not give up!"

At the consecutive corners just before the main straight, she finally gets in the racing line.

Makoto: "I did it! I can also go through the corners like what I do in GT5! But... he's not here to see this moment."

7418994426_8f7d71cb42_c.jpg

Then she starts another lap.

In Kaido's tuning garage, Ben and Black Stig work on the Zonda R in preparation for his race with Takanori.

Ben: "Hmph. You think you could beat Takanori with this thing?"

Black Stig: "Of course."

Ben: "You know, Takanori's best quality is determination. And that might be his weapon against you."

Then Kaido arrives.

Kaido: "So, what are you guys doing here, huh? And what a machine you brought here."

Ben: "We are just working on Black Stig's car."

Kaido: "Hey Black Stig, I can help you out with this car's settings. I'm very interested in your car too."

Black Stig: "Can you make this a match against Takanori's R32 GT-R?"

Kaido: "Big shot, eh? You'll be having a hard time beating him."

Black Stig: "Then that's I want."

Then he finally takes off the helmet. He looks exactly like Takanori, albeit with a shorter spiky hair in dark blue and with brown eyes.

Black Stig: "Kanonji vs. Kanonji. This is so much fun...

....I, Takuma Kanonji, shall take the racing world by storm!"

End of Page 5

Last edited:
Page 6: The Adoption

Kaido is surprised by the man's name.

Kaido: "Takuma... Kanonji?"

Takuma: "You heard it right. Now, shall we move on?"

The two start on working on Takuma's Zonda R. Meanwhile, Ben gets out of the shop and takes out a cigarette. He lights it up and puffs out a smoke.

Ben: "Takuma Kanonji... Well, I remember every single detail on how I met that man..."

21 years ago, Ben is at the hospital to have himself checked up since he has a stomachache. While walking to the corridor past by the nursery area, he sees Michiharu and Takanori's mother looking at the babies. He didn't mind them and just carried on.

Inside one of the doctor's clinics, he was given prescription of the medicines he should take. Then suddenly, he sees black smoke coming inside the room. Then an alarm is sounded, prompting the people in the hospital to panic and evacuate. When Ben and the doctor stepped out from the clinic, the corridor is on fire. The two run for the exit. However, Ben sees a small cart with a baby on it still inside the burning nursery room. So he bravely goes inside and pushes the cart out to safety.

He manages to get out at the other side of the hospital. Then Ben checks the name of the baby at posted at the cart.

Ben: "Takuma Kanonji... Wait a second... twins? I hope his twin has made it out safely too."

He decides to take the infant home. He tried his best locating the parents of the child, but to no avail. Some days passed, and Ben returns home to U.K. and raises the child. As years passed, he lets Takuma study in one of the prestigious schools in Britain.

When Takuma reached 18 years old, he insists on Ben to teach him the basics of racing since Takuma is very fascinated with cars. Ben reluctantly allows him. And then suddenly, the boy takes Ben's keys to his Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.

So they go to the hills nearby. Ben is initially impressed on how Takuma controls his R34 with a monstrous amount of power.

7419591746_31f7dbf208_c.jpg

But then, just as with any first timer, Takuma makes some mistakes.

7419592172_ea315f7132_c.jpg

Amazingly though, the boy seems to go back on track in an instant.

7419592496_fe8d0b50de_c.jpg

7419592844_dc76117c6e_c.jpg

As time passed, Takuma hones his racing skills further. He decides to wear the black Alpinestars suit and Simpson helmet since he finds black a cool color.

Takuma's first victory was in a time attack event in Italy, still using Ben's R34 GT-R. Ben is very pleased at the boy's impressive racing skills.

7419593224_aaf776edff_c.jpg

7419593536_d76ddc77ac_c.jpg

Takuma's first win prompted him to get serious in racing and, in fact, became one of the youngest race car drivers to be recognized by the FIA and be eligible in racing in FIA GT events.

After fine-tuning his Zonda R with Kaido's help, Takuma goes home while Ben decides to visit Takanori's house. But then he decides to buy mochi instead. After buying it, he goes back inside the car and starts to eat.

7419591076_784845d50d_c.jpg

Ben: "Takanori.... Your twin brother is just as skilled as you are. You have a very worthy opponent coming to challenge you. And this is not a simple reunion. I can't even tell which one of you will come out as the winner."

Then he starts up the car and leaves the neighborhood.

The next day, Takanori is jogging early in the morning. Then he accidentally bumps with Makoto who just came out from her luxury sedan at the school's gates.

Makoto: "Ta... Takanori!?"

Takanori: "I'm sorry, miss. Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Makoto: "It really is you, bicycle boy!"

She hugs him while crying.

Takanori: "Wait a sec, who are you and why are you hugging me?"

Makoto: "You idiot. I thought you're gone forever!"

Takanori: "I'm sorry miss, I don't even know you..."

He lets go of her. Suddenly, his head suddenly hurts.

Takanori: "Aaah!"

Takanori runs away going back to his home. Makoto, meanwhile, wipes off her tears and shows a smile.

Makoto: "It's good to be back... Though why can't you recognize me? But the important thing is, we'll be together again..."

While running, he holds his head in pain and he suddenly has some flashbacks with him and Makoto together.

Takanori: "Who is she? Every time I see her... my head hurts! "And it's like I'm very close to her!"

He stops and breathes heavily.

Takanori: "Dammit, my head! Aaaaah!"

End of Page 6

Last edited:
Page 7: Knight in Shining Armor

Takanori returns home, still having his migraine. He runs upstairs to his room and then his mother is worried that she follows him.

Takanori's mother: "Are you okay?"

Takanori: "My head..."

Takanori's mother: "What happened?"

Takanori: "I just saw that woman... Who, strangely, is very familiar to me. It's like... I'm very close to her."

Takanori's mother: "You mean Makoto?"

Takanori: "Her name is Makoto, huh?"

Takanori's mother: "Yes. You two are always together in school. She, in fact, is the reason why you are a pro racer now. She helped you a lot. I suggest you see each other often so that you could pick up your memories back."

Takanori: "Okay..."

After dinner, Takanori heads out to Kaido's tuning shop in Shibuya. When he enters, Kaido leads him to his R32 GT-R.

Kaido: "Still remember her?"

Takanori: "I raced that car before, right?"

Kaido: "Of course. Well, here are the keys. I suggest you take a trip down to the memory lane."

Takanori enters and starts the car. He puts it in first gear and heads out from the shop.

Takanori enters the Shuto Expressway. Since traffic is so light, he goes on full throttle.

Takanori: "That immense power... It's so addicting."

7424067716_5e88877883_c.jpg

The car reaches 330 KM/H at the tunnel.

7424067934_c286a47661_c.jpg

Takanori: "330 KM/H.... Not bad for something over 600 horsepower."

He slows down the car after that point and goes back to cruising speeds. He takes this time to try to remember Makoto.

Takanori: "Makoto... That girl. So she's my classmate back then. I really want to talk to her..."

Suddenly, Takuma's Zonda R is fast approaching behind him. Takanori sees it at the rear view mirror.

Takanori: "Something very fast is approaching. What is it?"

7424068078_04645b0cde_c.jpg

Then the Zonda R passes by very fast. Takanori then downshifts to 2nd gear and starts to chase it.

Takanori: "It's a Pagani Zonda R! I'm not sure if I can keep up with it. But there's no harm in trying, right?"

7424068298_4c02d57e38_c.jpg

Seeing the R32 is chasing at him, Takuma smiles.

Takuma: "There you are. Let's see if you can catch me..."

However, the Zonda R's lightweight body coupled with a lot more power than Takanori's R32, it easily outpaces the R32 on the straights.

7424068476_8429f4de77_c.jpg

Takanori: "Crap! As far as I know, that Zonda has an engine that makes 740 horsepower! I think I won't be able to keep up with it!"

Takanori slows down so as to prevent the R32's engine from getting too much stress.

7424067406_1e2563d048_c.jpg

Takuma: "Well, I guess this is not the right place to have our "reunion". I'll call this off for now."

After Makoto visits the mochi shop to check things out, she walks home. As she is waiting for her chauffeur, A drunk Matsumoto approaches her.

Makoto: "Matsumoto? My goodness, you're drunk! What happened to you?"

Matsumoto: "No one likes me... No one takes my father's business seriously. You... do you like me?"

Makoto: "I'll take you home. Just wait for my driver, we'll drop you off to your home."

However, Matsumoto in his drunken rage forcefully takes Makoto.

Makoto: "Wait! Where are we going?"

Then he tries to strip her. Of course, Makoto tries to stop him.

Makoto: "Stop it! I'm getting hurt! Help!"

Takanori is about to turn left to the street where his home his. Then he sees Makoto being stripped and assaulted. So he parks and gets out from the car. He runs to save her.

Takanori: "Makoto!"

He punches Matsumoto's face. Matsumoto tries to punch him, but Takanori evades the punch and knocks out Matsumoto with a roundhouse kick.

Makoto stands behind Takanori, crying.

Takanori: "Just touch her one more time, and I swear... I'll kill you!"

Then Matsumoto stands up and walks away. Takanori approaches Makoto. Then she hugs him, still in tears.

Takanori: "Are you okay?"

Makoto: "Takanori..."

Takanori: "Don't worry. You're safe now. We have to talk..."

Then they are at Takanori's home. Makoto is drinking tea to calm her down.

Makoto: "I didn't know that you are good in hand-to-hand combat."

Takanori: "Ben just taught me those. Anyways, are you okay?"

Makoto: "Look..."

She takes out the broken necklace from her pocket and shows it to Takanori. Then he had a slight headache.

Takanori: "Aaah... My head again. Wait... that necklace! I gave that to you, right?"

Makoto: "That's right."

Takanori: "Makoto... I'm very sorry. I made you and mom worry a lot."

Makoto: "Don't blame yourself. It was just an accident. The most important thing is that you're here and your memories are finally back."

Takanori: "Yeah...."

Then he remembers the time that he saw Makoto at the mausoleum. He heard Makoto's declaration of love to him.

Makoto: "I want to say something. Come, let's go out for a while."

The two go out of the house.

Makoto: "The moment I found out you died, my heart shattered. I always remember the times that we are together. Whenever we see each other, my feelings grew... And when you gave the necklace to me, it grew to the point of love. I love you... Takanori. Very much..."

Takanori: "If it wasn't for you, then I would be just stuck playing GT5 and our mochi shop would just be plain and simple. Thank you for your unending help to me and to my mom. You're always there at my side, cheering me up when I'm sad, and even providing support. And the reason why I bought you that necklace? It's because I want you to remember me because....

...I love you too. The moment that I got into that accident, I am already thinking of you and even saying goodbye to you in my thoughts. I thought I was gone forever. Now that we're together again, let's start, shall we?"

Makoto: "Of course."

Then the two are slowly about to kiss each other. Just as their lips are about to get into contact, Takanori's mother comes out, stopping their kissing scene.

Takanori's mother: "It's cold out here, should both of you be inside?"

Takanori: "Okay. We'll get in. We just had a small talk, that's all."

Then Takanori and Makoto look at each other, smiling, as they get back inside the house.

End of Page 7

Last edited:
Page 8: The Stig Reunion

Makoto has invited Takanori to a drive at the outskirts of Tokyo at Saturday. On that day, he wakes up early and prepares his stuff in his bag for the trip. He goes downstairs and bids farewell to his mother.

Takanori's mother: "Take care and enjoy the day!"

When he stepped out, he sees Makoto's matte pink Murcielago SV arriving. The car stops and Makoto gets out. She wears a white tank top and a mini skirt.

Takanori: "Someone looks so hot today."

Makoto: "Really? It's such a nice day today! Let's go!"

The two get in the car and leave the house. As they are cruising along the streets, Makoto puts her hand on the center console and then Takanori holds it.

Takanori: "Your hand.... it's so smooth."

Makoto: "Really?"

Takanori: "So... why did you pick a matte pink color for your SV?"

Makoto: "Well, I like pink, that's why. And matte seems to look good on it."

Takanori: "It looks good, actually."

They have headed to a mountain pass in Kanagawa Prefecture. Then she goes on full throttle.

7425487314_5a371deafa_c.jpg

Makoto: "I'll show you. I think I can even beat you now..."

Takanori: "Seems like it. You seem to do good in weight transfer."

7425487572_7d9c97bcd5_c.jpg

At the corner exit, she now gently applies the throttle.

7425487942_f2316967ee_c.jpg

Takanori: "At least you're not a leadfoot like before. You know now how to conserve your tire's grip."

Makoto: "That's really nice to hear from a pro!"

Takanori: "Pro? Er... ummm...."

Makoto: "You are a pro, dummy!"

Then a blind corner comes up.

Takanori: "A blind corner!"

Makoto: "No problem..."

She turns in early and then the car hugs the inside of the corner.

7425488186_a5b27b2b56_c.jpg

Makoto: "How's that?"

Takanori: "Not bad at all! You're getting closer to the apex. Blind corners are tricky to master."

Makoto: "Thank you!"

Then at a straight, the SV shows incredible acceleration. Suddenly, Takuma's Zonda R blocks the road. This prompts Makoto to step on the brake pedal hard.

7425488680_a65ce9e886_c.jpg

Takanori: "Woah! What was that?"

Makoto: "A Zonda R..."

The SV completely stops. Makoto presses the horn, but the Zonda R refuses to budge.

7425486970_3ae3f532e6_c.jpg

Takanori: ("Wait... That Zonda R! I saw that one last night!")

Makoto: "Move!"

So the two get out from the car. Then Takuma gets out of the car.

Makoto: "Who are you!? This is a public road, so you shouldn't block it!"

Takuma: "I finally met you... Takanori Kanonji."

Takanori: "How'd you know me?"

Takuma: "Well, you're famous, right? It's just normal for a stranger to know your name..."

Takanori: "Who the hell are you!? And also, you're the one that challenged me last night, aren't you?"

Makoto: ("That man looks exactly like Takanori...")

Takuma: "My name is Takuma Kanonji... I am your long-lost twin. How are you, my brother?"

Makoto and Takanori are surprised at the revelation.

Makoto: "Takanori's long-lost twin?"

Takuma: "Well, I won't entertain further questions here since this is a public road. Well, I'll go straight to the point. I challenge you to a race in this mountain pass."

Takanori: "A race?"

Takuma: "You heard it right. We, the Kanonji family, are known for speed, right? It's just normal for us to race. Let's set the race a week from now. Oh by the way, wear your White Stig racing suit and helmet while I'll wear the Black Stig's suit and helmet. It's fun isn't it? I wonder which Stig is the fastest?"

Takanori: "All right. I'll take it. What happens if I lose?"

Takuma: "Then you'll sell your precious R32 to me. If I lose, then I'll give you my Zonda R. Simple as that. Bye!"

Takuma gets back in the Zonda R and leaves immediately.

Takanori: "Wait!"

End of Page 8

Page 9: The Upcoming Reunion

After that confrontation, Makoto and Takanori head to a restaurant at the summit. When their food is served, Takanori has barely touched his.

Makoto: "What's wrong? You barely touched your food."

Takanori: "I can't believe it. He's my twin? Mom never told me that..."

Makoto: "Then I think you should ask her. It's the best way to confirm it."

Then he suddenly remembered the moment he saw that chest box in the cabinet and with the two baby clothes inside that box.

Takanori: "That's it... That's it!"

Makoto: "What is it?"

Takanori: "That box! I saw two baby clothes of the same kind in it! Well, I'll ask her."

Then Takanori starts to eat and he chows down the food fast.

Makoto: "Hey, easy on the food... Seesh."

Takuma has arrived in Kaido's shop in Tokyo. He approaches Ben who is helping out Kaido in working a customer car.

Takuma: "I saw him... I finally met him."

Ben: "Really? I thought you want to have some time first for yourself."

Takuma: "I guess earlier is better. Besides, to be honest, I'm not so sure if I can beat him. Just looking at Takanori's eyes... They are filled with flames of determination."

Ben: "I told you... Takanori's best quality is determination. He used it to get into the big leagues."

Takuma: "Hmph... Let's see if his "determination" can beat my track prowess! After all.... I am the one that set lap records in every racetrack I've raced on."

At sunset, Takanori has arrived home while his mother is cooking dinner. Then he approaches her.

Takanori: "Mom... I have something to ask."

Takanori's mother: "What is it, sweetie?"

Takanori: "Why didn't you tell me that I have a twin?"

Takanori's mother: "Oh that... I just don't want you to live in sorrow knowing that you lost him. Why did you ask that?"

Takanori: "I met him a while ago."

Takanori's mother: "Really? Where? You met Takuma?"

Takanori: "Yes... I met him at the outskirts of Tokyo. He's just alive and well."

Takanori's mother sheds tears.

Takanori's mother: "I can't believe it! He's actually alive! I want to see him! Do you know where he lives?"

Takanori: "If you want to see him, then come with me next weekend. I will race him on the mountain pass."

Takanori's mother: "I'll explain everything to him once I see him. Oh, thank you, Takanori!"

She hugs him very happily.

Takanori: "Do you think he wants to live with us?"

Takanori's mother: "Don't worry, I'll do my best to convince him. A mother can always tell how her children feels."

Before she serves dinner, Takanori's mother goes at a big room at the back of the kitchen to get the dried up clothes to be returned to their closets. Takanori gets in and decides to help her out.

Takanori: "Hey, I think you'll overcook the food if you stay here. I'll return the clothes instead."

Takanori's mother: "Okay..."

He picks the clothes and puts them in a big basket. Then he almost trips on a small rock that he kicks it away. He goes back inside.

The rock stopped rolling when it hits one of the tires of a blue Lancia Stratos

However, the car is in a bad state. The body is being filled with dust and some parts have been rusted.

End of Page 9

Back