The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
HEADS UP!

ESPN is showing Prelims of UFC action right now from Elmont, NY, USA at UBS Arena. Today's/Tonight's card should include the match between Ortega and Rodriguez.

Enjoy MMA and boxing this weekend!

It's about time for Bout Time, GTPlanet! We got UFC 277 tonight! Among the card for tonight is Julianna Pena vs. Amanda Nunes in the Women's Bantamweight class. The main card also includes a Flyweight battle between Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France. Derrick Lewis and Sergei Pavlovich will set it off in a Heavyweight fight on the main card.

Enjoy any MMA or boxing action this weekend!

It's... BOUT TIME! Tonight in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; it's UFC 279! Among the fights on tonight's Main Card is Diaz vs. Ferguson in the Welterweight class. There will also be Chimaev vs. Holland. Plenty of action to come tonight. Check it all out on ESPN+ starting around maybe 5PM Eastern with the early preliminaries.

I think there is also some good Top Rank boxing to take place later tonight. So for you boxing fans, enjoy that.

Enjoy whatever MMA or boxing action you are into this weekend!

Tonight as part of Top Rank Boxing, Haney and Kambosos 2 will happen. Later tonight in Premier Boxing Champions, it will be Deontay Wilder matching up against Robert Helenius in a heavyweight title eliminator bout.

For the next installment of UFC Fight Night, it will be a flyweight bout between two ladies who feel the winner should get a title shot- it will be Grasso vs. Araujo. It will be exclusively on ESPN+, so fire up ESPN+ if you want to see that action starting at 7 PM Eastern tonight.

Enjoy whatever MMA or boxing you want to check out!

It's about time for Bout Time, GTPlanet! We got UFC 280 coming your way today starting at 2 PM Eastern Time! Here are some of the fights coming up today:

• Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev (Lightweight)
  • Aljamain Sterling vs. T.J. Dillashaw (Bantamweight)
  • Petr Yan vs. Sean O'Malley (Bantamweight)

Enjoy UFC 280 if you'll be watching/following! And also enjoy any other MMA or boxing this weekend!

Iiiiiit's BOUT TIME, GTPlaneteers! UFC 281 will be live, loud, and proud from New York City, NY, USA tonight at Madison Square Garden. Action from The Garden will begin at 6:00 PM Eastern for the Preliminaries and 10:00 PM Eastern for the Main Card. The ESPN networks (especially ESPN+) have you covered for UFC 281.

Enjoy UFC 281 (or any other MMA/boxing action) tonight and/or this weekend!

Next Saturday is UFC 282, but this Saturday is another UFC Fight Night. To be on ESPN and ESPN+ tonight, the preliminaries happen at 7 PM Eastern Time. Thompson vs. Holland is among the fights on tonight's UFC card. Enjoy this or any other boxing or MMA action you're interested in!

Yeah, @Joey D , I'll miss him for sure. Mills Lane was a great referee and judge. I know him best for officiating the infamous 1997 bout between Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield. Also, his "let's get it on!" catchphrase before matches is classic. He'll surely be missed. My condolences go out to all who known and loved Mills Lane.

It's about time for BOUT TIME again! UFC 282 is all dressed up and ready to go tonight in Paradise, Nevada! Among the fights on tonight's card is the Light Heavyweight match between Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev. I hope you UFC fans get to enjoy the action from UFC 282.

Enjoy any other MMA or boxing action you're into this weekend!

Sorry for posting this late, but UFC 283 is tonight. Enjoy tonight's action from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil if you'll be watching/following!

Sure, some major pro gridiron football game is this weekend, but it's also BOUT TIME! Tonight is UFC 284. Among the matches on tonight's card is Makhachev vs. Volkanovski - Champion vs. Champion! If you'll be watching all the UFC action later tonight, feel free to enjoy UFC 284! And also enjoy any other boxing or MMA action this weekend!

I'm sorry I didn't get to update or even mention this until now... Tommy Fury defeated Jake Paul this past Sunday in Saudi Arabia. Jake Paul suffered his first loss as a professional boxer.

On the MMA side, this weekend is UFC 285! The big match on the UFC 285 card in Las Vegas will be Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane. You can learn more about this and other matches at UFC 285 here: https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-285

Enjoy any and all MMA and/or boxing action coming up!

UFC 286 is tonight! That's right, mates- it's BOUT TIME with the UFC! I think the featured match is Usman vs. Jones. Enjoy this and whatever other MMA or Boxing action that interests you!

HEADS UP!

Right now on ESPN, UFC Fight Night is on from Charlotte, North Carolina, USA! Wait... Fight NIGHT... when it's afternoon? Anyhow... enjoy some UFC action, mates!

I want to take a moment, albeit late, to wish Amanda Nunes well in her retirement. She is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. Her final match was this past weekend when she took on and defeated Irene Aldana. She's taken on a lot of the best and beat them, even including the likes of Ronda Rousey and Kris Cyborg. No doubt Amanda Nunes is one of the best MMA fighters of all time. Best of luck to Amanda Nunes in her retirement.

Tonight...

* UFC Fight Night has Luque vs. Dos Anjos as part of tonight's card.

* For boxing tonight, Top Rank Boxing has the match of Emanuel Navarrete defending his WBO Junior Lightweight title against Oscar Valdez.

Enjoy whatever MMA or boxing you're into this weekend!

UFC 294 happens this weekend. Among one of the fights on this card is Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2. ESPN+ will be showing this at 2PM Eastern this Saturday.

I hope you all are enjoying MMA and boxing. Whatever interests you most, of course.

I'm not big into MMA because I just think it's bloodsport, but I was seriously impressed with Ngannou, and even in his interviews, he's just great. Big fan now. He got robbed. Hope he sticks with boxing and has success.

What time is it, GTPlanet? That's right! Well, besides the end of Daylight Saving Time for 2023, it's BOUT TIME! UFC Fight Night tonight emanates from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Next Saturday is UFC 295 from Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY, USA. Anyhow, the main event for tonight's UFC Fight Night is a Heavyweight fight between Jailton Almeida (19-2-0) vs. Derrick Lewis (27-11-0). Preliminaries begin around 6 PM Eastern Time, and the Main Card around 9 PM Eastern.

Enjoy this and any other MMA and boxing you are into!

Preliminaries for UFC Fight Night are going on right now. Next weekend is UFC 297, to be held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Middleweight main event for next Saturday's UFC 297 is Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis.

Tonight in Top Rank Boxing (and on right now) is a match between Artur Beterbiev vs. Callum Smith.

Enjoy any MMA and Boxing you're into!

What time is it, GTPlaneteers? It's BOUT TIME! Tonight is UFC 297. The main event for the main card of UFC 297 is a World Middleweight bout between champion S. Strickland (28-5-0) vs. challenger D. Du Plessis (20-2-0).

Enjoy this and other MMA or boxing events coming up!

A boxing match that was supposed to happen this month was moved to May. Tyson Fury suffered an injury while sparring, and his match against Oklysandr Usyk slated for February 17 this year was moved to May 18. This is apparently the second time this fight has been postponed. Usyk holds three belts currently (WBA, IBF, WBO), and Fury holds one (WBC). This match would be an undisputed heavyweight title fight, the first since Lennox Lewis in 2000.

(SOURCE: ESPN)

Last edited:
Next weekend is UFC 298. This event will take place on February 17 from Anaheim, CA, USA. The headline match on the card for UFC 298 is a Featherweight title fight between Alexander Volkanovski (champion) and Ilia Topuria.

Also on the main card for UFC 298:
  • Robert Whittaker vs. Paulo Costa
  • Geoff Neal vs. Ian Garry
  • Merab Dvalishvili vs. Henry Cejudo
  • Anthony Hernandez vs. Roman Kopylov
  • Amanda Lemos vs. Mackenzie Dern

All this happens next Saturday. Tonight, though, has a Middleweight main event of Jack Hermansson vs. Joe Pyfer. Enjoy tonight's UFC Fight Night... and any other MMA or boxing that interests you!

We have an interesting deal later today in MMA. On ESPN+ at 3PM Eastern, it is a battle of PFL (Professional Fighters League) Champs vs. Bellator Champs. I used to watch a lot of Bellator in the Spike TV days. If you like PFL and/or Bellator, this sounds like an interesting deal to check out.

Back