The more I play GT5 .... The more I love it

  • Thread starter Thread starter persiano_dubai
  • 36 comments
  • 3,284 views

persiano_dubai

(Banned)
Messages
49
Messages
persiano_dubai
After nearly getting all the licenses (mix of bronze, silver and gold as I dont care for now) I started using the Chrome Line Cobra and after tuning it to the max of 700+ Bhp ,,,, man oh man ... I am in love with this game all over again as if I am playing GT1 all over again :) ... the engine sound is amazing and it blows my mind and almost everything else on the track , beware of driving without the assists though ! this beast is hard to control even on a straight line if even one of the assists is off and the stock breaks suck big time but I do not care as its the most fun car I have used in all my GT1 - GT5P gaming experience ... The more I play this game the more and more its showing its beauty to me , Im changing my mind and I dont care about the glitches, issues and bugs and the shortcomings ,,,, 👍👍 2 thumbs up PD .... Give this game some time and it will grow on u
 
Cool story bro...
 
i feel exactly the same :) IT IS AWESOME. Will work on getting a wheel as soon as possible. Boy I max tuned my Italia made a huge change felt like a kart :D.
 
BTW I use G25 + Playseat and a 42" Panasonic HD TV with a huge 5.1 Surround to enhance the experience
 
Yeah agreed whole heartedly 👍 Last night I finally won my beloved Ferrari F40...took it for it's first oil change which gave it 40 HP extra boost :)

I love this car and to be able to drive it the way it sounds and looks in GT5 is well I can't say it in words so.......:drool::drool::drool:
 
I hear you pal. Due to moving house over the weekend I've only had a couple of nights playing on it and I just love it. I think theres loads to do and I think the look and feel of the game is just awesome.

I went online with it last night for the first time and immediently came accross some guy hosting a nurburgring open track day style event. It was just like being there......we'll with the exception of having Sabine in her ringtaxi breathing down your neck and avoiding downed motorcyclists but you get the picture.
 
I feel the same! Just, who cares about the glitching shades if the cars itself looks beutiful, the tracks are amazing and the cars handling is totally awesome. And its only getting better and better. Cant find this game disapointing at all!
 
I feel the same! Just, who cares about the glitching shades if the cars itself looks beutiful

I do... because with everything around it so beautiful, shading that looks like it came from 1991 just overshadows and ruins the rest. After 5 years simple shadows should not look like they do now... Thats is why people care... PD brought out polished looking products before and now they have nice scenery and cars but something simple like shadows is pixelly and messed up. It is also annoying in the beautiful replays... You see your car coming by with this flashing blotch of black under it... Yeah Awesome! :rolleyes:

- Before you start bashing... Physics-wise this game is done very well imo.
 
Played 4 hours yesterday. Loved every single minute of it.

Just having the fun i didnt have in years...

Obs: The single feature i miss the most: REPLAYS controls. I love watch them..
 
Tomorrow will be one week since ive had the game, and im not even one bit over it! The anticipation and addiction is still as high as it was on day one! 👍
 
BTW I use G25 + Playseat and a 42" Panasonic HD TV with a huge 5.1 Surround to enhance the experience
Samsung HDTV - Playseat WRC + G27, here....Dont you just love that chair after a hard day at work? The feeling is so great, i would maybe turn down "night activites" for it! :dunce:
 
Totally agree!


Euhm ... both previous post and original post
 
Last edited:
Played 4 hours yesterday. Loved every single minute of it.

Just having the fun i didnt have in years...

Obs: The single feature i miss the most: REPLAYS controls. I love watch them..

Hell yeah! :)

I'm having problems on work because of GT5.

Can't go sleep before 4-5am.

I just can't stop!!! Just bought my first Ferrari, 458 Italia... some bits here and there, it have 600hp and it just FLY! The sound of it is astonishing!
 
God knows how sleep deprived I am due to playing gt5. I am soo addicted.
 
I'm also loving the game.

I hope they put up the laptime leaderboards up as in GT5p that would be even better. :sly:

It's a good thing I'm living with my girlfriend who tends to remind me that I'll have to get to work the next day :yuck:
And even when I'm at work I still check GTplanet for tips and stories.
I should never findout how GT anyware works, that would probably cost me my job.:sick:
 
When you find an online room where people race cleanly, it's sooo much fun. Played until 6am, work at 9am...and will repeat it again tonight, and tomorrow, day after etc...
 
I have a love/hate relationship with GT5. It has quite a few faults, but the driving is good enough to keep me playing.
 
The Chromeline XJ13 is mental, so much fun. A truly great experience around the Nurb or Le Mans.

It's now also my quickest way to 24k. Use it in the British lightweights, either track, to smash the oppostion. 24k in 3 minutes.
 
i more i play this game the more i just get more pissed and annoyed at how hard it is ARGH
 
Yep, I'm enjoying this game. Can't figure out what to do every time i get into it. I love taking photos, rally driving, creating tracks, sharing with friends, beating the challenges and looking for cars to get into an event. :)
 
This game is so much more than just getting a car and driving it around a track. The more I play it the more I realize this is the WOW of console racers. It's deep, really deep. For those people raised on instant gratification games like COD, GT5 is going to suck. You see it in the forums now. "Whaaaa I can't buy a 15m credit car after playing for 1hr whaaa!".

Yea, it's buggy and incomplete, with a multiplayer straight out of 2001. However the game is still loads of fun and if PD follows through and fixes some of the more glaring issues, I'm sure GT5 will become one of the best console racers of all time.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I had a beautiful time with it last night.

Golded the Beginner Rally challenge with my highly tuned '97 Civic. Now I have a car that is an absolute joy to drive.

Then, silvered the beginners AMG challenge. A testament to all that is good with the game.

Then, finally had enough money to Race Mod my '70 Dodge Challenger. Painted it Hemi Orange...Oh my God.
 
people who enjoy the game have steering wheels :D there is not way you can really enjoy this game if you have a controller b/c it is too sim-like. i was abe to enjoy gt1 with a controller but that's a different story since gt1 is basically like an arcade game lol
 
to me it's like a Alfa Romeo.

not the most reliable cars but built with whole lot of passion. very special.

GT5 = Alfa Romeo



I'm on a bit of a Alfa kick this morning having spent better part of last night collecting and racing classic Alfas... sorry, had to let that out. :D
 
I went online with it last night for the first time and immediently came accross some guy hosting a nurburgring open track day style event. It was just like being there.......

I hear you.

I love having the open lobby and trying out different cars with other people.

Last night we spent an hour just trying to hit higher speeds on SS7 by drafting each other, overtaking so the other can draft, and so on. Didn't like that course at first but now I love it. One lap races make for epic drafting wins. Once me and my friend practiced being drafting partners, we raced some other people on SS7. We were way behind the Bugatti Veyron in our ZR1's at the final tunnel when we just shot up to ~260mph from drafting and I managed to fly right by the Bugatti 100 feet before the finish line. My friend came in third but it was a mutual victory.
 
people who enjoy the game have steering wheels :D there is not way you can really enjoy this game if you have a controller b/c it is too sim-like. i was abe to enjoy gt1 with a controller but that's a different story since gt1 is basically like an arcade game lol

I'm loving this with a six axis. Silver in licenses, currently on extreme a-spec. It's one of the nicest GT's tuned to a controller ever, IMO. GT5p was unplayable with the controller sticks, but GT5 is perfect with them.
 
i am enjoying every minute of GT5, well except maybe the licensces, but ive always been pretty bad at them so nevermind that :D

The entire game may have flaws, obvious or not, overall it all melds into one absolutely beautiful game of pure pleasure, on the track, in the cockpit of a classic car or just admiring the scenery as you whizz by, every moment is fascinating and beautiful..oh wait, time to pick up my Mazda Furai after the excellent RPG-esque B-Spec mode driver did great work in the race he just won, ciao on the track GTP'ers :D
 
Back